Hunger for Knowledge

Meyke Liechandra

OOC First Name
Elise (main)
Wand
Oak 14 3 / 4 Essence of Raven Feather
Meyke could barely believe she had been at Hogwarts for so many days now and had not yet stepped foot in the Library. She who hungered for knowledge in all its forms. The Slytherin had just finished with her breakfast before ascending to the school Library, and upon entering she had stood in the doorway for a good few minutes before moving to drop her school bag on a nearby table with a loud thud. She heard a shhhh from behind a nearby book shelf, no doubt from the Librarian or some student busy cramming for an study.

"Sorry," Meyke muttered sarcastically under her breath, before she slumped down in the seat next to her bag and noticed someone had left a book on the table she had chosen. Hmm, Charms for Beginners. Meyke began to mindlessly flick through the pages, half hoping her day would turn out more exciting than it had been so far.

One day, two days, three... Alix was still pleasantly surprised that she was finally in Hogwarts and that it had exceeded all her expectations. Still, after nearly a week... But the place that impressed her the most was the library, she never even dreamt in her wildest dreams that it to be so extraordinarily huge. Well, Hermina did tell her about the size of the library but her imagination simply couldn't conjure up such a large place devoted only to books. From what she could tell from it, it rivalled the American Library of Congress, and it was housed in a building by itself.

She was practically inside it every other day, reading the volumes one, after another... Simply put it, she was in a literary paradise.

So there she were again, a fast enough breakfast and then up to the fourth floor to continue establishing herself as one of the perhaps many regular visitors. Prancing slowly along the long shelves, she was probably looking absolute mesmerised as she stood there with a dreamy look on her eyes, not even noticing the nearby girl.

She heard her flick through a book on the table, which subsequently turned her head over to note the title of it. "Charms for beginners..." I wonder...
Her own copy had been gone missing the day earlier and she was positively puzzled by the fact she couldn't find it in the common room, at all. Alix thus approached the Slytherin girl - she noticed by now - and thus paused a short while, thinking this over in her mind. Proceeding slowly into the chair a moment later, she threw the girl a quizzical look and said very quietly: "Hello, my name's Alexandra von Hohenstein, what's your name, please?"

Meyke saw a girl was looking at her and then looked at her book. She was then introduced herself as Alex. Meyke smiled at her. "I'm Meyke from Slytherin," Meyke said. She then waited for a response from the girl when Meyke mentioned about her dormitory.

"Hi Meyke. Umm, what are you doing? Charms homework?" Alix asked as she sat down next to Meyke. She decidedly ignored the quite blunt reply and waited with interest for the answer.

Meyke saw the girl approached her and asked. "I do not do homework because the class has not yet begun. I intend to find some spell formula to defend myself, " Meyke said. She grinned and then realized that she would frighten her if kept looking like that. "Calm down, I'm not as bad as you think, '

"Oh, but of course. Well, found any interesting yet? You know defence related stuff are usually in Defence Against the Dark Arts books. But anyway." Sighing, she moved her own bag over to her front and started rummaging slowly through it. Looking up, she smiled at Meyka as she talked. "Well, to be honest, I had some reservations on sitting down here. I've been fed some weird old stories regarding the Slytherin house..." Sighing, she pulled out a book out of her bag and started reading it.

(OOC: here comeeess Hayleyyy)

With a hot cocoa on her hand, Hayley walk toward the library with her head up high. She was proud being Slytherin and she was proud being a Huberta, she would do anything to keep her pride. She stepped into the library hoping to meet her brother Casper. She couldn't find him everywhere not even in the Gryffindor table nor the library. There were some important aspect that she had to tell him. But why on earth would Casper want to go to the library? He was always with girls not books. Unlike Hayley, Casper dislike learning, at least that was what she remember. She didn't care, he was still her brother and he was still a Huberta.

Hayley then pull a chair as she took out a quill and placed the hot cocoa in front of her. She opened her note book as she started counting on her financial outcome. Hayley was a smart girl if she wasn't cunning or ambitious, she might be putted in Ravenclaw but too bad she was too ambitious she wanted everything to be her way. She had been counting for several minutes now, and then she stopped as she look at the two girls talking to each other. Hayley loved being in a quiet place, she then paused as she dropped her quill on the table and eyed the two girls.
"This is the library not a market" She said coldly as she eyed the other girl, Meyke. That was her name right? She met her once in the common room and she wasn't too fond to her.

"Of course you don't want to, no one wants a fight. But it can't hurt to be always prepared right?" Alix smiled and chuckled lightly, she tried sometimes to adhere to the principle of the principle of "constant vigilance" but she didn't want to look paranoid. 'Guess that principle will come in handy later on.' She thought quietly for herself.
"I don't know when but it probably started off with the more prominent tendency of Slytherin to be more selective. And cunning people inherently sees' ways around things other people wouldn't even contemplate." She said thoughtfully, almost as if to the air around her.

When the other girl came around, Alix was a bit offended by her opening tone but nevertheless stayed polite. "Umm, ok. We were just having a civil conversation here about the Slytherin house. I'm Alexandra von Hohenstein by the way. It's nice to meet you."

Meyke heard voices and saw the rare feet, Harley entered the room. "Do not bring drinks," Meyke warned briefly. "But it's up to you," Meyke added, seemed unconcerned. Hayley even yell at them for doing a scene. "I guess I did not talk louder," Meyke smiled assweet as possible but her eyes radiated from atrocities. For others, it may Hayeley did not too distracting because he speaks in the style of speaking that do not show at all yell. However, Meyke because it was too annoyed with the presence of Hayley since their meeting in the common room, assuming that Hayley had been snapped at and even scolded Meyke.

Coughing slightly to regain Meyke's attention, Alix first thought that she was being quite blunt with that warning, but she disregarded it, for now, Slytherins...
"Ehem, where were we now again, Meyke?" She then stated, kind of slightly ignoring Hayley's prescence.

Alix chuckled at the answer she received, but did nothing else. Instead she stood up and followed Meyke to a new seat, she then proceeded to politely remind Meyke of what they were talking about before Hayley came in. "Well, I think I also said that cunning folks thinks in ways normal people wouldn't even dream of. What are your thoughts about that?" She asked and smiled.

Meyke heard Alix spoke to her and ask her opinion. Meyke grinned. "They just do not care whether it is good and the bad. They just want the destination is reached," Meyke answered quickly. She lowered her voice so that Hayley could not hear what they're talking about.

"I do not like her," Meyke glanced at Hayley. "I met her in the common room and she really sucks, she behaved as she is the owner of everything. I think she's a rich girl," Meyke whispered to Alix.

Alix nodded quietly as Meyke talked, well, she certainly agreed with her right now... She then noticed that Meyke started whispering and leaned in closer. She was talking about Hayley, which prompted Alix to look over her shoulder briefly, then she nodded in understandment.
"Well, from a first impression." Alix whispered, "She really do acts like she owns the place. But I think you could have put it somewhat nicer to her, we wouldn't want to stoop to her level right?" She then chuckled, slightly on the thought that her condescending side peek out a bit.

Meyke restrained her laughter. Meyke strongly agreed with what Alix's said. Meyke actually will not be disturbed if Hayley would be as normal as possible, like a new student. "Well, let's see then ..." Meyke whispered. Meyke cleared her throat and walked over to Hayley.

"Hello ..." Meyke greeted with a smile that performance is not deceiving anyone.

(OOC: my gawd)

Hayley rolled her eyes at this girl, Meyke if she wasn't wrong. She hated her for being such an idiot earlier in the common room, it was something embarrassing really. She ignored them as she opened a new book and start reading. Again, she was distracted by the girl she was acting like a complete loser. Why would this girl being sorted into Slytherin anyway, she would be great in Hufflepuff with those weeping girls but not Slytherin. Hayley looked at her up and down, she couldn't understand what the girl want. "What do you want!? Can you not see that I'm busy?" Hayley was sure mad, she hated people who distract her. She sipped her hot cocoa, ignoring the girl and read the book. Hayley was 101% sure she wasn't going to be friends with a girl like Meyke, she was too pathetic.

Meyke winked at Alix. "See .... She can not do something friendly," Meyke said to Alix. Then, Meyke turned to Hayley. "Well, actually I intend to be friendly with you," Meyke replied. Meyke was smiling and paying attention to responses from Hayley. Meyke does not be so easy to avoid someone. However, among all students, Hayley is a difficult personality to be approached and she was always rude in saying everything. At least, that's what was in Meyke's mind.

Hayley rolled her eyes, how could a Slytherin be like this? This girl should mind her own business, Hayley felt distracted, VERY distracted. She rest her cheek to her left hand as she tap her fingers to the table wanting the girl to leave. "No, I don't need someone like you" The girl was completely annoying and awkward in the same time. Hayley couldn't understand why the girl would like to be friends with her, if Hayley even rejected being friends with those who had good names, rejecting this girl was easy. She didn't know who on earth she was anyway so why bother being friends with the girl?

Meyke grinned. She was increasingly dissatisfied and turned to Alix. "See ..." Meyke increasingly grinned. Meyke then turned to Alix and intend to not care about Hayley. Hayley entitled to do whatever she likes and Meyke will not care. Meyke has tried to do a little friendly and Hayley refused. Meyke has been able to predict and Meyke does not have time to deal with arrogant girl like her.

"Aliz, what is our conversation before?" Meyke asked Aliz. Meyke then opened her book in front of her, wanted to continue her searching.

Alix smiled ruefully as she watched Meyke go over to Hayley and got offended in the process. Funny, Hayley was indeed getting funny in that aspect, she was totally acting out as a nutcase. Sure, she might want to be left alone but, among hundreds of other ways to phrase such a thing, she just have to pick the most offending one.
Hearing Hayley's next sentence pushed Alix on the brink of snickering out loud. She clasped her hand over her mouth and muffled it, although she thought, Meyke must've heard it. That made her snicker even more. "Arrogance," she said, after composing herself, "and she just broke the world record." Pausing for a moment, she added and jabbed a finger towards Hayley: "Well, I think it started off with Charms, continued with Slytherins and we're now on the charming subject of that girl."

Meyke heard Aliz has the same mind with her. Meyke did not want to talk much about Hayley because she knew that Hayley had not wanted her to get involved in her life. Meyke already used to being in a state association like anything and she does not feel rejection from Hayley will affect her.

Collin had been reading traditional Chinese potion for a week now. The common room was too crowded, he decided to go to somewhere quieter. He took his robes and walk to the library in the fourth floor. There weren't many people in there but what made it so special was it had always been quiet. Collin loved the library especially the private library of his, he could spend hours in there reading books especially Chinese books. He had always wanted to read the whole chinese book without a Chinese-> English dictionary beside him.

With a dictionary on his left hand and a chinese book on his right hand, Collin enter the library eyeing on everyone in there. He didn't feel like sitting alone, he then spotted a table. A girl with blonde hair sat on it, she seemed like someone he met before, she was Cherrie's friend if he wasn't mistaken. He made his way to the table and sat there "Evening Hayley" He greeted and smile "Do you mind?" He pulled the chair, he was going to sit there if she let him but if not then he could always sit on the carpet it was more comfortable than sitting on the chair.

Collin then notice another girl who was sitting not far from Hayley, he had met her in the train before. "Evening Alix" He smiled at her and plastered on his charming smile.

Meyke then heard footsteps approaching them. Meyke turned, to see who comes. Meyke then saw a student who apparently had never metwith her. The student moved besides Hayley, ask for sit. he also greeted Hayley and Aliz. The student didn't greeted Meyke. Maybe because they have not met before. "Uhm, hi ...." Meyke greeted Collin with stiff.

Looking up again when she heard her name, Alix smiled back at Collin and said: "Evening, Collin, how are you?" Quintessential smalltalk... well, there wasn't much of anything to do when you had Hayley around.
Turning back to Meyke, she said: "Well, do you know that guy? Because I don't really... met him on the train once. And only once. Charming isn't he?" She remarked quietly, in a very much neutral tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back