Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curved 14 1/2" Rigid Larch Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Ares wished it was easier for his boyfriend to be able to see and spend time with his family. Ares knew he was lucky with Isaiah and Xavier never being far away or even never been in a place where they wouldn't talk to him. he knew they'd had their struggles as a family but he'd never imagined not speaking to any of them for any length of time. They were family after all. He didn't see his dad as often, but that was mostly due to his dad being muggle and living in Australia and working full time, there just wasn't that many occasions to see him. But he knew that Dimitri was seeing his sister for the first time in a while and the first time since their mother had died and he knew it couldn't be easy. It would be difficult in any case to reform such bonds but the loss they both suffered probably didn't help. He'd come to his boyfriend's apartment and had begun by just waiting, but he'd grown adgitated and had to move around, so he was making something to eat, slowly, the muggle way and that seemed like a good distraction but only so long as Dimitri didn't end up staying too long, and really Ares knew the longer he stayed the better it probably went, so he'd just have to measure his time by how much he'd made.

After all this time, Dimitri had finally worked up the courage to go see his older sister. They had written each other many, many, many times. Hell, Mallory was handling all of his bills. She had control of all of his money. And today, they'd finally gone out for lunch. It had been... something else. They had hugged, cried, cuddled and talked for hours. Dimitri just felt... exhausted. Worn out. He just wanted a nap. Maybe a hot bath.

Tri knew the second he walked in that he wasn't alone. He let out a long sigh, tiptoeing to the kitchen to see Ares making food. Tri slid up behind him, and without announcing himself, wrapped his arms around Ares' waist and leaned into his back. He sighed heavily and melted against his boyfriend, enjoying the mans warmth.

Ares had been concentrating a lot on what he was doing, focusing on making the food, on prepping things for Dimitri's flat and being able to feel more useful that just sitting around. He wanted nothing more for Dimitri to have the family he loved around him. He knew that it would take a while, there were a lot of bridges to slowly mend, but it would fine in the end. He didn't hear him coming into the room and just leaned into the touch as he wrapped his arms around his waist. "How'd it go?" he asked after a moment of silence.

Dimitri hummed softly, yawning and snuggling a bit closer. "Good," He managed, slipping into Russian. "Mallie is much softer than Nika, we both cried a lot," He smiled, pressing half a kiss to Ares' shoulder. "What are you making?" He asked, his voice heavy and slow. He was half dozing already, nestled in against his love.

Ares nodded, glad that it hadn't gone too badly, that she was easier than his other sister had been. He couldn't imagine it being good if she wasn't. He leaned into the kiss slightly and then looked down at his dish, "Oh, just some macaroni and cheese," he said, "But there's already like three different soups in your freezer," he told him with a little chuckle. He hoped that Dimitri wouldn't mind him using the food to make all the things he had made.

Dimitri couldn't help but chuckle as Ares did, squeezing his arms around his lover lightly. "Well, I won't need to cook for a while," He offered playfully, before yawning and moving to sit at the table. "Is the macorani almost done?" He asked, accidentally slurring a bit as he rubbed at his eyes. It wasn't intentional, but it was a bit harder to focus on his English when he felt this drained.

Ares nodded, "Yeah, unfortunately so," he told him, feeling bad for having filled the man's cold store with lots of food, and knowing that in theory he hadn't asked before using all of his food. He knew that Dimitri wouldn't mind, but couldn't help the self doubt that creeped in. "Yeah, mostly," He waved his wand and two bowls floated down and after a few moment scooped the macaroni into the bowls and handed on to Dimitri.

Dimitri chuckled, stretching out his legs. "Dorogoy, can we cuddle on the couch after we eat?" Dimitri asked. He was feeling positively worn out. "Or we can just go to bed. I want to hold you and sleep," He announced, taking the food offered. He took a big bite, melting into his seat and moaning a bit as he chewed. "Dis is really good," he mumbled. He summoned a water over from the fridge, taking a swig before going back to his food.

Ares nodded, "The couch, you can sleep, but I'm a little worked up," He knew that it would just be good to sit with his boyfriends for a while and feel her close to him for as long as he allowed it and then he would sleep a little better. He was pleased that Dimitri liked the food. "Cooking is easy really, my brother taught me," he said, and he had taken to it quite easily, it had been become quite the de-stressing activity after work.

Dimitri nodded, trying to get through his food quickly so they could cuddle. "Why are you worked up, dorogoy?" Dimitri asked, offering a hand out across the table. He smiled as Ares mentioned his brother. "I have always admired how you are so close with your family," He told his love, before taking another bite of his food. "He taught you well."

Ares gave a little nod, "Just for you, for your family, I want that to be good," he gave a little laugh at the compliment, he was sure that if Isaiah heard it he would love it too. "He wanted to be sure if anything ever happened to him, we would be able to make food," he told him, which had never come to fruition but, he understood why. "We were close, are close because we had to be, I want you to be close to your family too,"

Dimitri continued eating, leaning over and trying to take Ares' hand since the man hadn't seemed to get the hint. "Well," he countered slowly. "You are my family now, Ares. Even if my sisters were to reject me, I would be happy so long as you were here," He offered with a shy smile. "You are my heart," he added gently.

Ares gave a little smile, and allowed himself for a moment to just enjoy the man's kind words. He took Dimitri's hand and squeezed it lightly. "I know, but it is important for your heard to have more than just me," he said with a little smile. he loved being this man's heart, that wasn't something he minded, but he didn't want to be the only person there either. "I want you to have more than just me, and your family are a good place to have hopefully had that,"

Dimitri hummed happily. "Well..." Dimitri thought a moment, before setting his fork down. "You know, maybe... in several years, you know... we could have a baby," He offered softly. "It can't happen accidentally, but we could save up, prepare..." He watched Ares for a reaction.

Ares wanted a family at some point, child, a child. He knew they would likely adopt and he had no issue with that at all. "Yeah, but a baby still shouldn't take away from the other fulfilling bonds you can have," he didn't want to dismiss the idea, but wanted Dimitri to know in the same way that Ares needed to learn to be less self critical, he needed to have friends and meaningful relationships outside of their relationship. "I want a baby, a child, and I'll certainly begin to prepare for it, just.....we also need to be emotionally ready for it,"

Dimitri chuckled softly, squeezing Ares' hand gently. "Now now, love. Mallory wants us over for dinner during the break. We can work on my other fulfilling bonds then." Dimitri reached out, tracing Ares' jaw gently. "How about today, we focus on us, yes?" Tri stood, holding out his hands. "I am done eating, my love, shall we go cuddle?" Dimitri asked, wanting to draw Ares along with him to the couch.

Ares nodded, thinking that it was good that they were making steps or planning steps that would be good overall for Dimitri and them in general. He nodded as he suggested they focus on them that day, agreeing whole heartedly because for all he wanted Dimitri to have relationships outside of him, he was also pleased to have him all to himself. He picked up the plates and nodded, "Let me put these away and I'll join you," he would literally put them in the sink and then rejoin him.

Dimitri nodded, blowing Ares a kiss before moving out to the couch. He set up a few pillows, shifting the blanket over so he could pull it over them once Ares joined him. He settled onto the couch, melting into the supple leather. He was glad he'd let Ares talk him into buying this. He was already half asleep, but his yearning for cuddles kept him awake. "Aressss," He whined, holding open his arms.

Ares didn't have to do much when he set about the cleaning, a few well placed cleaning spells and then it was quickly done. He didn't have to be that long away from Dimitri but clearly this was still a lot more time than Dimitri wanted to bear. He smiled as he walked back into the living room and then went to be close to Dimitri. He had never had a love or relationship like this and every part of it to him was just amazing.

Dimitri hummed happily when Ares settled down into his arms, wrapping his arms around the man. He ran his fingers through the mans shorter hair, rubbing them gently over Ares' scalp. Dimitri pulled the blanket down over them, yawning before starting to whisper a long line of sweet Russian into Ares' ear. Dimitri complimented everything he could think of. Handsome, strong, devoted, loyal, loving. Soon enough his words started to slur, and Dimitri yawned again, pressing a kiss to Ares' temple. "ya tebya lyublyu*," Dimitri murmured, nuzzling into Ares as he started to doze off.

*I love you

Ares found his familiar spot in Dimitri's arms and then let himself be lulled but the hands in his hair, but the compliments in his ear. He'd been anxious earlier, but it had all slipped away and he muttered a quiet "I love you too," back at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back