How do you... ?

Marko Prince said:
Steph Shirley said:
Lemi, im confused about brushes, and downloading brushes and that in gimp. :S
Hey Steph well, you can go on Deviant Art and find some GIMP Brushes you like. Create a folder on your desktop or whatever and call it GIMP brushes. Download the brushes into this folder. Then open up GIMP. On the menu bar, that has file, edit, select,view etc. Clcik edit. Scroll down to the bottom and find preferences, click obviously.

After this go to bottom and click the little arrow beside "Folders". Click Brushes on the little pop down menu bar thing. Then you look for the folder you saved your brushes into and every time you install a new brush in there, I think it automatically installs onto your GIMP.

If this does not help, then it may be that I am using the MAC version and you the windows. I am unsure if they are alike)
Ooh that sounds simple. I'll try it on my other laptop. It works on this laptop but not on the others :')

Lemina Troque said:
Oh, I'd just like to add that PS brushes can also be used in GIMP, just put the abr file into the GIMP brushes folder. ^_^
Really?? Awesome. :D, I have been trying to find good GIMP brushes for a wile.

Lemina Troque said:
Marko Prince said:
Lemina, Hello.

I am currently stuck on GIMP on how to get a nice border for text, every way I have tried makes it look fake and cheap. Can you help me with this please?
Not sure what ways you have tried, but it took me a while to get the hang of this, but it's really quite easy.

Once you've done your text, go to layer and 'text to path'. Create a new layer and make sure you are on it. Then go to the paths dialogue and click stroke path. Mess around with the settings until you get the effect you want.
So I tried what you told me... It didn't turn out as planned. :unsure:

I am going to try that out again in the morning. :D Thanks for helping.

Marko Prince said:
Lemina Troque said:
Marko Prince said:
Lemina, Hello.

I am currently stuck on GIMP on how to get a nice border for text, every way I have tried makes it look fake and cheap. Can you help me with this please?
Not sure what ways you have tried, but it took me a while to get the hang of this, but it's really quite easy.

Once you've done your text, go to layer and 'text to path'. Create a new layer and make sure you are on it. Then go to the paths dialogue and click stroke path. Mess around with the settings until you get the effect you want.
So I tried what you told me... It didn't turn out as planned. :unsure:

I am going to try that out again in the morning. :D Thanks for helping.
For images etc. go to my GIMP tutorials and find the 'Bolding, Underlining and Italicising' tutorial. If you use the technique for bolding, simply using a different colour, then that should give you a decent outline ^_^

Marko Prince said:
Lemina Troque said:
Oh, I'd just like to add that PS brushes can also be used in GIMP, just put the abr file into the GIMP brushes folder. ^_^
Really?? Awesome. :D, I have been trying to find good GIMP brushes for a wile.
Yeahh, I was happy when I found that out :)
There aren't many good brushes for GIMP, as for PS, wheeshhht, tons :lol:
It only works with the newer versions of GIMP though, I think

I think I have a new version of GIMP... I am not sure though because its on a mac :)

I have GIMP 2.6
i think.
im gonna try that brushes thing now.
-crosses fingers-

It works for me anyhow :D Thank you so much Lemina for letting me know :)

One more thing :oy:

I would so appreciate it if someone told me how to make text look shiny, like its lit up. I have seen it on many banners and would love to know how to do it on GIMP :)

I think its on your old banner Lemina, the one that......... argh can't remember :lol: So anyone?

Marko Prince said:
It works for me anyhow :D Thank you so much Lemina for letting me know :)

One more thing :oy:

I would so appreciate it if someone told me how to make text look shiny, like its lit up. I have seen it on many banners and would love to know how to do it on GIMP :)

I think its on your old banner Lemina, the one that......... argh can't remember :lol: So anyone?
Have a look in my banner shop, most of my better examples are there.
Not sure what you mean :unsure:

Its not there.

Twyla Burke said:
Hi,

I'm new and I'm a bit confused at your guy's celebrities. Do you not have to register them or anything? Do you just pick one? Does it matter if another person has the same one?

Twy
lol this is really a FAQ question and not a Graphic one but doesn't really matter.

your not required to register them, however people do and it does help people especially if there making a siggy for someone else.

People pick a celeb that matches or closely matches the person thier character is, for example my character is part of three friends and is a reporter so I chosed Erica Durance from Smallville, along with Allison Mack and Kristin Kreuk to play her two friends...

People are allowed to have the same character and nobody will yell at you for having someone else's already registered character if they do then they get scolded XD

As a kindness to each other however we tend to try and find celebs that arn't already in use (another reason having the register is usefull) if for whatever reason you have to use a character already taken another kindness we do is to find pictures of the character that are different (sometimes easy sometimes hard)

For Example: Sophia Stark is using Christina Ricci and Morganna Le'Creigh is also using Christina Ricci, Sophia was using her first but Morganna doesn't want to change so instead Morganna uses pictures of an older different pictures then Sophia.

Example
mm-1-2.png

Ssig-1.png

And then finally, you may change your character celeb anytime you want, if it's registered then your asked to show the change you make and that when you change it your sure that's the character you want and that your not going to change fifty times (doesn't help Estrella who is in charge of the list XD)

I learned how to add the text in GIMP, but I can't figure out how to make the text in the banner have a color in it and then a border around it like Lemina's current one. (Sorry if I'm putting you on the spot)
Is there a way to do that in GIMP? Or is that photoshop specific?

Now,I know it's all GIMP but Lemi,do you know how to add borders on PS??

Also,how do you do text like being wrapped with like the same text but with another color??The one you did to Rhianne's linked banner..
Uhm,Lemi..another one..hahahaha....How do you change eye and hair color in PS??

OK, I am using Artweaver. I'd like to know how I can use the texts from dafont? I clicked download and saved it to my computer but I don't know what to do from there. Any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back