How do you... ?

Lemina Troque

OOC First Name
Stalker
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut/ Maple Essence of Silver Thistle
Hey all.
Post here if you need help with anything to do with graphic making.
Yah.

And anyone can answer.
Help each others ^_^

Ashley,
do you mean,
make a picture etc transparent?
if you do;
adjust this:
gimp.jpg

i would quite like to know how to do those banners, with the links inside.
Like Lemi's got. x

You have to make sure that there is an alpha channel.
If you paste a new image, then it'll be there.
Then just click delete after selecting a bit, and it will be grey checkered. On a browser, this comes up transparent.

Steph, I'm gonna get to writing a tut for that one day. But basically you create an image, then split it up into little bits. And some of the little bits have links in them.

hmm, if you use gimp when you open up a window and when it asks you what size, go to advanced options and then fill with, Transparent,

My current siggey is actually 7 images.
So you create an image and include words like 'bio'.
Then you save it and then split the image into different images.
But they piece together into one image.
Some of them contain links.

huh, the little tool that looks like a pen, it is called crop tool.

Save the image.
Duplicate it.
Merge all layers.
Use the selection tool.
Select little sections.
Copy as a new image and save that.
Repeat until you've done it all.

ohh ha, it is bbcode,

This is for Lemina,

Hey so I have quite got the hang of GIMP now and would like to ask,

On a few of your signatures you have like paper as the background. If you want to see what I am talking about, look at Ellie Sparks biography and look at her first sig in the spoiler, I am pretty sure you made it. Can I ask where did you get that brush, texture of whatever it is called or is it simply a picture.

Thanks/

thank you Lemina, :) Hmm, do you still have the background for Professor Tom Fletchers sig... I loved that :p

No problem ^_^

For that one, it is just a load of brushes heaped together. I just googled 'paper brushes' or something. Then I *think* I might have added some other brushes, but I don't know.

*shrug*

Lemi, im confused about brushes, and downloading brushes and that in gimp. :S

Lemina, Hello.

I am currently stuck on GIMP on how to get a nice border for text, every way I have tried makes it look fake and cheap. Can you help me with this please?

Steph Shirley said:
Lemi, im confused about brushes, and downloading brushes and that in gimp. :S
Hey Steph well, you can go on Deviant Art and find some GIMP Brushes you like. Create a folder on your desktop or whatever and call it GIMP brushes. Download the brushes into this folder. Then open up GIMP. On the menu bar, that has file, edit, select,view etc. Clcik edit. Scroll down to the bottom and find preferences, click obviously.

After this go to bottom and click the little arrow beside "Folders". Click Brushes on the little pop down menu bar thing. Then you look for the folder you saved your brushes into and every time you install a new brush in there, I think it automatically installs onto your GIMP.

If this does not help, then it may be that I am using the MAC version and you the windows. I am unsure if they are alike)

Marko Prince said:
Lemina, Hello.

I am currently stuck on GIMP on how to get a nice border for text, every way I have tried makes it look fake and cheap. Can you help me with this please?
Not sure what ways you have tried, but it took me a while to get the hang of this, but it's really quite easy.

Once you've done your text, go to layer and 'text to path'. Create a new layer and make sure you are on it. Then go to the paths dialogue and click stroke path. Mess around with the settings until you get the effect you want.

Oh, I'd just like to add that PS brushes can also be used in GIMP, just put the abr file into the GIMP brushes folder. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back