Hopscotch, everyone?

Isla MacNiall

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16 Essence of Dragons Whisker
A chalk was the one thing she had to have to play her favorite kiddie play thingy, the hopscotch. She had time to get some at one of her classes, of course Isla asked the Professor in charge if she can get some and told him/her that she has free time to play the game. Isla walked out of the big oak doors toward the courtyard where there are cobble stones that she can draw the lines for the hopscotch. She went to pick the middle part of the courtyard, Isla looked at the place, it wasn't packed with people at all, maybe because some are in class and some are just hanging around the great hall and other parts of the castle.

Once she got to the middle of the courtyard, she put the other chalks aside and started doing the lines and numberings for the game. Isla smiled for the great job she had done, thinking the funny memories while doing this game inside their castle where there are only flat surface to be drawn on. The chalk that she had used was gone fast because of the stones, it wasn't soft flat at all but it will work for just the mean time. Taking the starting line, she almost forgot the stones that she will be needing. Isla looked over to see where she can find some small stones or rock but she can only see cobble stones and its not sticking out of the ground, it was plastered in the ground.

Crossing her arms in front of her chest, her face went thorn apart like that of a kid that wasn't give a nice Christmas present. She then taught to use her wand but Isla was afraid of it, she might summon something else rather than just one rock or stone. Isla looked at the side of her right leg where she kept her wand, she was wearing a nice winter boots that she always wear in Scotland and is required by her dear mother to wear. Isla sigh, desperate to do so but she didn't instead, the young girl took a twig from the cherry blossom that was in the courtyard and took 2 inches of it. Smiling, she began the game.

No matter how many times she had wandered and explored the majestic halls of Hogwarts New Zealand, Aaren Nightray is still left astonished. The talking portraits, the ghosts wandering around, it was just too much fun. The castle too was really pretty. No, pretty didn't seem to be the right word to use. Beautiful didn't sound right either. They just don't go far enough. It was wonderful - too wonderful. The castle was the first thing that she had ever seen that couldn't be improved upon by her imagination. It was just perfect. Every room, every corner, it was perfect. And that was why the young gryffindor was really happy that she had been lucky enough to have been able to attend such school. She had had thought that her parents specifically her mother, won't allow her to. Her parents were just too proud and strict, they didn't think that attending Hogwarts would do her any good. It was filled with filthy and pathetic excuses for human beings according to them. She never did understand why her parents thought that way. It was really such a relief that her grandmother had been able to convince her parents to allow her, she said that being in a school is really different from being taught at home. Aaren was glad that no matter how egoistic her parents were, they still heeded her grandmother's advice. She would have hugged and kissed her grandma if she could, too bad that she hadn't been able to. She'd be awfully scolded if she did such thing anyway. Her family was just too uptight just like that.

Waiting for the copy of the newspaper that she had requested to be sent to her everyday, the gryffindor continued to sip on her hot chocolate. It's not that she would want to know the latest news, she could care less about that. What she wanted to find out was whether she would be lucky for the day and what her lucky item would be. Call her obsessive, but Aaren never failed to check her horoscope every day. She had just finished her drink when a huge owl came flying towards her, a copy of the newspaper tied on its leg. She patted the owl's head in gratitude before she untied the paper and began to read. "Hmm.. Leo, leo.... now it says that I shall have a meaningful encounter with someone today. Now I wonder what that encounter would be, I do hope that it was not something bad. Now, what would my lucky item be?" She said to her self as she scanned the article. "A chalk? wait, is this article for real? Oh well, where could I find such thing?" The young girl just couldn't believe what she had just read. Now, she had been really happy, more than happy to be able to attend Hogwarts, only now that she realized that ever since attending the school, she had been finding it increasingly difficult to obtain her lucky items. A chalk? Now, would a professor have it?

Hours had already passed and yet, the gryffindor still haven't found what she was looking for, and that irritates her so. She had had wandered the castle, probably far too many times already, but still, she had been really unlucky. She still woulgn't give up though. She won't be able to last the day without her lucky item. With her searching every corner of the castle, the gryffindor soon found herself on the courtyard. Now why would she be there anyway? It's not like the chalk would just randomly appear there, would it? It won't be logical at all. She was just about to turn on her heels and go look for a professor when her eyes spotted something just near the middle of the courtyard. Her face had lighten up in happiness as she soon realized that it was actually what she was looking for. Maybe she wasn't that unlucky after all. "Hello, would you mind if I ask for one of this? Just one would do. I hope you would give me some, cause honestly, I badly needed this." Aaren said to the girl which she assumed, owns the said chalk. She still had her manners. It's not like she would just ran away and steal the item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back