Hoping to make up

Jacob Cooper

Jake was feeling really lonely after her had returned to Hogwarts.Andrew was now in his fifth year and he had his Owls coming up.They couldn't even hangout often.He felt that he needed to make new friends for something or make up with the old friends.He felt guilty for being mad at Liberty and he felt the need to apologize.But his ego was still there.However today he felt that he should meet her and sort out the differences.So instead of going to find her he sent her an owl.

Liberty,
I am back and I wan't to talk to you.I might not have the right but please I want to meet you.I am up at the North tower.If you can,please come to meet me here.
Jake
He sat on the window still waiting to see if Liberty turned up.He hoped she would give him a chance to apologize by turning up.

After receiving Jake's letter, Libby wasn't sure how she was supposed to feel. They had really ended on a bad, with him and her ex-best friend trying to wind her up.
Libby had hung around the common room too much, and she also knew she would have to get out sooner or later, so grabbing a jacket she made her way to the North Tower.

She didn't notice Jake at first, partly because she was almost unsure if she should be here. She found him leaning against a wall, staring out a window. Libby sighed, she might as well get this over and done with.

"Jake?" she asked wearily. For all she knew he could strike against her again. She thought he was so nice, but then he'd turned nasty. Even Sam had got into a fight for her sake.

"Liberty,"he sighed with relief. At least she had come to give him a chance."I don't know where to start....I know I've been a jerk....I was really nasty with you last term and I wanted to apologize for my behavior."he told her as he looked into her eyes searching for her reaction.

"I..." she looked up to him, before joining beside him. "You.." she wasn't quite sure what she was going to say ether. "I'm sorry, about Darren" she said simply, after all it was her who had caused all the trouble. "I shouldn't have tried to.." she hoped he knew what she meant. "I don't talk to Larissa anymore." she said, almost as if she was admitting something. "Where have you been? I've..missed you. I mean the real you" she said, remembering the day they had by the lakefront.

"It's okay,I am sure that I would've done the same if I were in your place,at least I think so now.My head was really hot at that time I couldn't think properly."he told her.He knew that she and Larissa weren't friends anymore.He felt responsible for breaking their friendship somehow."My parent's shop in Australia burnt down.It was really sad I had to go away without telling anyone.Then we had to shift to England so it took lots of time."he told her hoping she would understand.

"I've missed you too_Over the holidays I realised that I had been wrong about shouting at you.At least staying away made me come back to my senses."he admitted.His mind had cooled down and heahd been able to see clearly after months.It was good to let the load of guilt off himself."Larissa and I aren't together anymore but I think that I owe her an apology."

Libby's head turned to the floor, for the last few months she had feeling more alone than ever. She looked up again when he mentioned about their shop. "Oh..yeah, of course" she said. She wondered what Larissa would say, about him being back, and about him being sorry to Libby. There was a rumour Larissa had started dating a death eater.

Libby gave him a small smile, "So, are we, good?" she asked hesitantly. She really hoped they would be able to get on with other again. "It's good to have you back" she added, meaning it.

"Yeah,if you forgive me for my behavior."he told her with a small smile that turned into a grin.He was sure he was forgiven."Yeah it's great to to have you back too."he told her as gave her a friendly smile.It was good to be back on friendly terms with Libby.He could never be enemies with a girl for long.

"Sure" she smiled, she was a Hufflepuff. It was her nature to forgive. She wrapped her arms suddenly around him, before backing off again. "Sorry" she added. "Do you.. do you have any idea what classes you were supposed to be taking this year?" she asked. She hadn't been to any, but hoped in her fourth she could start attending them again.

Jake felt the warmth flood back to him as she wrapped her arms arround him."I was going to take Ancient Runes,Muggle studies and CoMC but I haven't attended any.I am hoping to catch up on some.My parent's wrote a letter to the administrators and they agreed to give me the passing grade so I won't fail."he told her.

"What about you?What's been going on sice I left.It's like so many people left.I haven't seen many of our year since I returned and my friend Renesmee transfered to Hogwarts Scotland and many ther people seem to be gone."he said as he mentally counted hte people who were absent sice he ahd returned.Caina,Renesmee,Toni Addison,and many other students who were in his grade but who he didn't know by name.

"I know what you mean". Libby had no idea were Derrik, Arisa or most of the Hufflepuff's in their year had got to ether. She hadn't even seen Sam since the time he and Jake had had a fight. "Ive no idea. I spent half of this year away." she said. Libby had started to get to know some of the younger students. The older wernt so interested, but Libby didn't mind looking after some of the younger ones, especially those who were being victimized.

"I.. don't know what i'm taking" Libby said truthfully. She still needed to see her head of house and ask. It had been so long. She had wanted to do them all and couldn't remember which she's settled on.

Jake did not know that Libby had been away too this year.He was happy that at least she was back again and hoped that she would never leave permanently.Jake found it hard to make new friends now that everyone had friends already.It wasn't easy to get into a group once it has been made.

Jake was also finding it hard to cope up with all the make-up works and the current homeworks and this time Andrew couldn't even help him because it was his OWLs year and his work load was a lot more than Jake's.Jake didn't complain but they also spent very little time together.Jake thought it was high time that he started making friends of his age who with whom he could spend time until Andrew was free again.

"I was thinking of joining the Quidditch team next year,you know,are you on the Hufflepuff team?"he asked her.He really needed practice flying and stuff because he knew there were many candidates stronger than him and if Larissa and Hoshi didn't make it on the team,he thought that it would be next to impossible for him.But he would try.

Libby's face lit up when he mention flying. "I'm a quidditch alternative. I want to be on it properly yes.." she forgot she could try out next year. "You want to pratice?" she asked, "We could.. you know.. go on Saturdays morning if you like? Make it a weekly thing?" she asked, hoping he wouldn't mind the offer. Libby had been flying since she was very young, and although she hadn't much recently it was second nature to her.

Most of the Hufflepuffs in her year had disappeared. Quite a few in the entire year to be honest. The ones that were left had alredy attached to others. "You know, we should stick together more" it came out wrong. In her mind she rolled her eyes at herself, but hoped he got the jist of what she was saying.

"Yes we should definitely practice.I haven't been on my broom for three months now.When you have a cousin like mine you can't expect them to practice with you."he said jokingly.He wondered if he had told Libby about Hannah.He made a mental note of introducing them someday.

"Saturday would be great.I never do much apart from homework but I think it's useless to do it because they have already agreed to give me passing grades so I won't fail and it's not like these exams count."he told her.He was literally babbling,his mind was thinking about how before he and Andrew used to do a lot of stuff together on Saturdays.

Libby simply smiled when he started to waffle. "Saturday it is" she grinned. "Is there anything particulary you want to pratice?" she asked, knowing it would alot more helpful if she knew what he was trying to do, for instance what position on the team.
"What's your cousin like?" she asked trying to change the subject. "wait wait what? These exams don't count? Of course they do. They go towards something in the end. Any idea what you want to do after school?" she asked, "I want to be an atronomist... or an astronomy teacher" she smiled.

"Yeah,I think that it would be good if I were a chaser.I am good a catching and throwing so it would be helpful to practice and be come better."he told her as he imagined himself in the Slytherin colors on the pitch.He liked it."She is unique.You never know when she will take offence or what she will be pleased by.But I don't think praise for her coming out of my mouth sounds right.Cousins are meant to be mortal enemies."he said with a grin in Libby's direction.

"Well they do but mostly it's the OWL and the NEWT results that count when you have to choose your career.I wan't to be a naturalist.You know doing research on creatures and plants and all.It's a big field and there is a lot to learn."he said as he went over how he always feels about nature.He was definitely going to get his dream job."Astronomists are cool.Only I don't fancy the subject much.I hardly understand it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back