Hoping It All Goes Well

Aaliyah Flintwood

Aaliyah sat down on a bench outside the ministry and sighed. It was mid day and she had just come out of her interview. All she had wanted to be since she was a child was part of the Muggle Worthy Excuse Committee, it was one of her dreams after all, and she was so close to reaching it. Though it was lunch time, the redhead couldn't bring herself to eat. Her stomach was still churning from the nervousness of the interview, even though it was finished.

Aaliyah looked at her surroundings. It seemed the benches outside the ministry building got busy when it was lunch time. People seemed to be practically running away from the building. It made her chuckle slightly. Just as she was about to stand up, the womans' eyes caught sight of a couple. They looked so hopelessly in love it made her feel lonely again. She wanted to have a family or, at least, a love, so much. That was her other dream after all. She slumped back on the bench and let her head hang off the back. "One day." She promised herself.

Chase sighed as he walked out the front doors of the Ministry, sliding his sun glasses on and looking around for a spot to sit. He hadnt had much sleep the night before, as he had gone over what he was going to say in his interview what felt like a hundred times. Now that he had gone through the interview, he felt rather stupid. It hadnt been anything like what he thought it was going to bed, and now he was relieved. All that was left to do now was wait for the results, and hopefully he had nailed it.

He spotted a bench close by, with only one other person sitting on it, and headed for it. He checked himself as he walked over to it, viewing the denim jeans, wite shirt and black leather jacket to make sure he looked respectable. He fiddled with the silver chain around his neck, and sat down on the oppisite site of the bench. He smiled at the woman, noting how gorgeous she was, and stared up at the sky, admiring the beautiful day. When he heard the lady speak, he looked down and saw what she was staring at. "Tell me about it..." he said, smiling at her, "Chase..." he said, reaching over and offering his hand in greeting.

Aaliyah turned to the man that had sat down and smiled at him. She shook his hand while she introduced herself. "Aaliyah, feel free to call me Ally though." She looked at the man and noticed he was wearing relatively smart dress, like her own little professional dress and heels, and wondered if he had just had an interview as well.

"You just have an interview too?" Aaliyah hoped he wasn't going for the same place as her. Se would hate it if she made a friend, such a nice looking friend at that, and then one of them getting the job above the other and ruining it. She knew it would be ruined because she'd hate it if he got it but she'd feel guilty if she got it.

Chase gently shook her hand, noticing how soft it was, and let it go. He smiled again, nodding at the name. "Ally, i like that name... Well, you cant really shorten Chase, so i suppose you cant call me Chase..." he said, grinning at her. "Sorry, it was a stupid joke." he said, blushing and looking away awkwardly. He was always like this, goofy as hell, when he met new attractive women. "Yeah actually, i just applied for a job in Magical Law Inforcment." he explained, and shrugged, "Though im not sure i want to do it. Im really passionate about my music, so becoming a ministry drone isnt all that ideal." he said, chuckling to himself. "But something needs to pay the bills..." he sighed. "What did you apply for?" he asked curiously.

Aaliyah blushed and smiled again at Chase. She laughed at his joke and shook her head. "No, it was funny." She was easily amused really. She visibly relaxed when he said what department he was applying for. "Ooh, you're a musician? What kind of music?" She was liking this Chase person. "Hope you get the job."

Aaliyah smiled when he asked her the question in return. "Muggle Worthy Excuse Committee, I've always loved the sound of that job." It was a simple dream really and she didn't know why but she always wanted to be on it. Her parents had wanted her to be an Auror or something that would actually help instead of this but she never listened.

Chase rolled his hand in the air and bowed his head to her, grinning the whole while. "Why, thank you, my gracious lady." he said in a formal tone, still grinning at her. He was liking Ally very much, even though he had just met her. She seemed like a down to earth kind of girl, and seemed easily amused, which Chase thought was a good trait to have. She was also obviously very beautiful, and Chase had a hard time trying to tear his eyes from her face. "Oh, well im in a punk band in Australia, called Shards Made Whole, and i play lead guitar and i sing... But im really passionate about my solo acoustics." he explained, shrugging it off. He looked at her in a somewhat admiration. "That sounds like a wonderful job... No point doing something that doesnt make you happy, is there?" he said, with a shrug and another chuckle. "Tell me about yourself, if you dont mind telling me?" he asked, highly interested.

Aaliyah laughed as he acted so formally and slightly silly. It appeared they had a very close sense of humor. "You're welcome kind sir." She said in the same tone with a cheshire cat grin across her lips. He was sweet and, even if they had just met less than five minutes ago, she liked him. It was one of those crush at first sight kind of things.

"Really, you're telling me I just met a punk rock star?" Aaliyah spoke with a small smirk but it was good natured humor. She was actually quite impressed. Then again, she was impressed with most musicians, she never really got the hang of playing anything. She could just about sing but she wasn't amazing at it. She preferred other things, like language.

Aaliyah though about it when he asked about her. "There's not much to tell really. I grew up in Ireland with my folks, no siblings. Got alright grades at Hogwarts, Scotland that is. Ummm, moved here about a couple of months back. Currently an assistant in a book store. I speak seven languages, including sign language and I jog in the mornings." She thought that would be enough. The red headed woman was not a secretive person and liked to have an open life. It lead to less dramas. "Yourself?"

Chase flicked up the collar of his jacket and jumped up, striking a sexy, yet completely stupid pose, grinning at her. "One of the greatest, baby." he said, trying to pull off an Elvis impersonation and ran a hand through his hair, combing it back all cool-like. He felt like he could be himself around Ally, and was already feeling strong things towards the girl. He burst out laughing, and sat back down, red cheeked and embarrassed. "Sorry... I get a bit carried away with my silly sense of humor." he said, returning to his calm, collected self.

He listened to her tell him about herself with much interest. "Wow, that sounds cool. I was born in Australia, in Queensland, which probably explains why im so tanned, i suppose." he said, shrugging, "My parents got divorced shortly after my sister died. She was three and got really sick, and well, i suppose it drove my parents appart. I lived with my mum, helping her and stuff. I never saw my dad again, until a few years ago." he explained, shrugging. "Im a musician, i live in Queensland still, though on the Surfers Paradise, in my own appartment." he continued, "I just got dumped by my girlfriend who i was with for two years, about three months ago, and quite frankly... I just want to settle down, marry and raise kids..." he said, growing quiet. "You know what i mean?" he said, turning to her with a soft smile.

Aaliyah couldn't help but laugh at his, what she thought was an, Elvis impression. "It's fine, you have a good sense of humor. You're funny." She smiled at him. He seemed to be her kind of person but she knew how it would go. It would probably be the same as every other guy she met, they'd realise how strongly she wanted a family now and run for the hills, if not further.

Aaliyah nodded, she wasn't sure if she could believe her ears. Here was a nice guy, great sense of humor, and he also wanted the same things as her. She couldn't help herself. She poked him. It took a minute to realise she was actually poking him and not doing it in her head as she had thought. "Oh, sorry." She blushed and looked down, now completely embarrassed.

Chase beamed when she said she thought he was funny. He had never met a girl who actually got his sense of humor. They all just seemed to think he was retarded, and never called back, or answered his calls. So it was hard to believe that this girl was actually into him. When she poked him, he had to raise and eyebrow. "Was... Was that a poke?" he asked incredulously. "You do reailse, that this means war?" he said, grinning as he dropped his serious facade and started tickling her. He was gentle, so that he didnt hurt her, and it actually weirded him out by how comfortable he was playing around with a girl he had just met. He tickled her for a few more minutes, and then pulled back, watching her. Anumber of thoughts flew through his head, and before he knew it, he had his hand behind her neck, pulling her forward into a kiss that raised a few eyebrows from people passing them.

Aaliyah looked at him wearily as he spoke of war before screaming as he tickled her. Her legs kicked out, away from Chase, and her body struggled against his grip. When he released her she caught her breath back before turning to him. She was about to say something, something that was forgotten instantly. His lips met her own.

Aaliyah froze. This man, Chase, was sweet and funny and shared her dreams but, more importantly, he was kissing her. Her mind shut down and her body responded to his lips immediately. She kissed him back as her hands went up to his hair.

Chase's lips wove around Ally's, like they had been sculpted for each other, as they wrapped their arms around each other. He caressed her neck with his hand, while sliding his other hand to sit on her waist. He kissed her, deeper than he had any other women, not that there had been man. Chase wasnt one of the types of musicians to sleep around alot. He had prefered to try and find 'the one'. But so far he had come up blank, well, until now. He was feeling strong feelings for Ally, and well, he was snogging her after only just meeting her. After a few more moments, he pulled back, surfacing for air. "I... Im sorry. I didnt mean to get carried away,..." he apologised, blushing again.

Aaliyah's mind was still blank as he pulled away from their perfect kiss. Her cheeks immediately flushed a scarlet color, one to rival her hair, and she looked away. "I.. Um.. I.. I" She found her lips wouldn't work properly and produce the sentence she wanted, not that she knew what she wanted to say. She settled for just sitting in silence and biting her lip, remembering the feeling of Chase's on them.

Chase couldnt help but grin at Ally. She was taking his sudden outburst much better than he had though she would, which was good. He couldnt help himself, and laced his hand in hers, squeezing it reassuringly. "Earth to Ally, still there?" he asked, moving closer to her again. He felt somewhat bad for moving so quick, and was somewhat scared of what she was going to think or say. "Ally..." he said, resting his head just above hers, stroking her face softly with his free hand.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's short

Aaliyah was brought back to reality by his hand on her face and she left into in instinctively. "Yeah, I.. I'm here." She didn't know what to do. Sure, she wanted the family and everything like that, but she wasn't known for moving fast and they barely knew each other after all. But he was amazing after all.

Chase wasnt sure what to do. She wasnt exactly responding possitively, and he was starting to think that he had make the wrong move. He had never been all that good at picking up the signs women gave, and he was sure she hadnt given any really. He though back to all of his relationships... They had all taken forever for them to actually make a move, like weeks, in fact. And he was so over with taking forever to get into something that eventually ended. He wanted to just dive in, throw caution to the wind, and see if there was anything here. "Im sorry... I'll just, leave you to your thoughts i guess." he said, standing.

Aaliyah grabbed his wrist as he went to move away. "No!" She yelled before she could stop herself. "I, I mean, please don't. I just, I wasn't expectting i and, well, I'm still slightly shocked." She chuckled weakly. She still hadn't resolved the conflict but she knew, the only thing she did know really, was she didn't want him to leave. She did like him, of course she did he was amazing. In fact, she didn't really know what was stopping her from saying yes immediately. "Sorry I didn't really respond well." She smiled at him, hoping she hadn't damaged the prospect of a relationship.

Chase stopped, surprised that she had actually grabbed him to stop him from leaving. His mind was a battleground at that moment, half of his thoughts telling him to kiss her again, and the other half telling to sit back down. But there was also a very small part that was curious, and was actually not to sure if he should sit down. So far, she hadnt shown much interest at all that she was starting to feel something for him... Except for the fact that she had kissed him back. But that could have always been a shock thing. "I... Are you sure you dont want me to go?" he asked, still standing. "I know i shouldnt have kissed you. It wont happen again..." he assured her, mentally slapping himself for being so forward.

Aaliyah had sorted her head out know and knew what she wanted. She wanted him. She stood up, facing him, and grinned slightly slyly. "What if I want it too?" She was very aware she hadn't let go of his wrist yet and wondered if he had noticed as well. "What if I really want it to happen again?" She looked up at him with her big brown eyes and smiled sweetly. She hadn't ever really been good at the whole flirting thing but she thought she was doing alright now.

Chase instantly noticed the change in her tone, and also noted that Aaliyah hadnt let go of his wrist yet. He took in her smile, and the way she hinted that she wanted him too kiss her again. He couldnt help but let a grin spread across his face as he watched her. He faced her now, taking in her beautiful face. Her bright brown eyes, and her rosie pink cheeks. He raised his hand to cup her face, and smiled. "Well, if your want it that bad, i suppose i have no choice." he said jokingly. He moved forward, kissing her deeply. The feel of her lips. The taste of her tounge. He was in heaven.

Aaliyah grinned as he spoke and went on tiptoes to meet his lips. She let go off his wrist, only to fling her arms around his neck and put her all into the wonderful kiss. She already loved the way his lips moved around hers and the way he moved his tongue. Once again, she found her hands up in his hair and grinned into the kiss. This is exactly how she envisioned the perfect kiss to be. She was even close enough to say she was with the perfect guy as well. It had all happened so fast but she didn't care. It was amazing.

Chase pulled her in tight, loosing his limbs as they tangled around each other on the street, snogging till their hearts content. He was so wrapped up in kissing her, he didnt noticed the butterflies that he was experiencing in his stomach. He kissed her, deeper and deeper, memorising the feeling of those lips. He pulled her even tighter, and as he turned, accidentally apparated. He lost the air in his lungs momentarily as they were suched through the apparation, and had to blink when they landed. He looked around, and as his eyes adjusted to the dim light, grimanced. "Oh no... This is, my room. We're at my house!" he said, pulling his hands up to his head, wondering how the hell this had happened. Well, he knew how, he just didnt think naughty thoughts could cause an apparation.

Aaliyah was so enveloped in the kiss she only just noticed they were apparating. She pulled away when they landed, at the same time he did apparently. She have to giggle when he said where they were, judging by the look on his face he hadn't meant to bring her here. Her giggle turned into a laugh when she thought of why they were there. "Sometimes thoughts take over huh?" She giggled again as she spoke before hanging her arms around his neck and, having to go on tiptoes for her 5"5 body to reach, kissed him on the nose. "You going to give me a tour of the place?"

Chase turned a bright shade of red, though it was hard to see in this dim light. "I um... Yeah, sorry. Your just so damn beautiful." he said and chuckled, kissing her on the forehead. When she asked if he was going to give her a tour, he smiled and nodded. "Sure." he said, taking her hand and leading her out of the bedroom, onto the landing of the second story. "In here is the study." he said, showing her around quickly, and then leading her back out. "Upstairs bathroom through there." he said, pointing to a door on the other side of the landing. He lead her down the stairs, and into the main room. "This is the lounge and dining room. Thats a bar over there." he showed her, and kept walking. "Kitchen in here." he said, stopping at the archway, and continuing soon after into a large back room. "This is the last room. My music room..." he said, opening the door to her. The music room was his escape. Where he came to do what he loved. "So, what do you think?" he asked, hugging her tightly.

Aaliyah blushed along with him thanks to the compliment and followed him around the house. It was a beautiful house, even if she only saw it for a small amount of time. They ended up in a music room and she realised he must really like the music if he had all of this here. "It's lovely." She breathed, hugging him back. "Fits you well." She always believed a house should fit the person who lived there. It was the place that people could call their own, there was no point it being there's if it wasn't really theirs after all. "So, uh, What next?" Once again Aaliyah used her deer-like eyes to look up at Chase innocently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back