Hope it Gives you Hell

Isaac Chambers IV

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Isaac was sitting on the lawn, attempting to do his homework but couldn't concentrate. He had been doing his homework in his dorm room but it just reminded him of Bella and the time he had kissed her, twice, before she shoved him off that is. The Slytherin common room, too, was off limits to him since there was a strong possibility that he could run into her there. Isaac had met a beautiful girl in the Owlery but somehow his mind was still on Bella. He hoped that come time for the holidays she would still want to spend the holidays with him in their apartment, away from her family, away from his family, just the two of them. He knew he was a bit younger than her, but what was two years, hardly a difference. Isaac sighed frustratedly, wondering if it wasn't for this 'Mike Goulding' guy if he would ever have a shot with her.

Mike had been searching for this Isaac Chambers since the "release" of the second gossip magazine. He hadn't had the luck, narrowly missing him before the start of each lesson. Mike had been snooping around for him when finally his luck had gotten golden and he saw him at the entrance hall walking down to the Grounds. Mike trailed hi, like a nseak and followed him all the way down to the lawn where he was sitting. Mike took his time, before clearing his throat, and approaching him. "Hey you!" Mike said looking at Isaac. What's the deal with Bella?" Mike asked bluntly hoping he would get the answer he wanted...for his sake.

Isaac had only just opened up his Potions book in an attempt to get studying when he heard someone address him, or just someone in general but Isaac's head popped up anyway. When he saw the guy looking directly at him, he knew he was addressing him. Isaac looked at the guy with narrowed eyes but when he heard his question about Bella, a smirk formed on his face instead. He closed up his Potions book and stood up, crossing his arms over his chest casually. "So you're Mike?" he asked with a tone of distaste as he looked him over once. This was the guy Bella had chosen over him?

"No I'm Santa Clause" Mike said sarcastically whilst rolling his eyes. Mike looked at the first year. "So what's the deal with Bella?". "Where you... are you an item?" Mike asked wondering if he was getting the once over by Bella. He hoped he wasn't. The humiliation would kill him. Once, Mike would have thought this idea was plain bloody stupid... now it saddened him to say that he couldn't cast the thought aside so easily. Mike had heard the hint of ill will in the first year Slytherin's voice. Mike felt the same away about Isaac and wouldn't even had spoken to him if it wasn't bugging him this much. After all, Mike had beleived that the change wasn't a distress call for Aiden. And now this. Great! Mike told himself. He gave the boy another once over. What has this lad got that I haven't ? Mike asked himself waiting for him to reply. Mike did not know if the news was the worst possible option, that they were and still are an item. Mike hoped this wasn't the case.

Isaac rolled his ice blue eyes at the wise crack Mike had made. He had expected it from someone like him however. Again he asked the question again and Isaac smugly placed his hands in his pockets. "Nothing's up with Bella," he replied casually, though there was a hint of bitterness underlying in his words. "Except the fact that she doesn't belong with someone like you," he added, his tone clearly showing his dislike for the older Gryffindor he had heard so much about this past summer while he had developed a crush on the Slytherin girl. Gryffindor's were below her, first that Aiden guy, now him - no, Isabella belonged with a Slytherin like herself, like himself.

"Someone like me?!" Mike choked."Is that you saying that or does Bella actually think that? Personally I think you're a little jealous first year Slytherin who has no respect for anyone else bar yourself. You think that because you are a Slytherin you are higher than other houses. You think that segregation is the key. That mixing with other houses is wrong. Open your eyes. You are wrong. No one else has any problems with dating people from different houses. That time has gone. Everyone is equal. You place too much importance... on the so-called purity of blood! You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!" Mike said to him. It seemed like he was losing his rag with him, but he needed him to see. Everyone is equal

Isaac stared with a blank expression on his face as Mike continously yelled at him. After a while a smirk appeared on Isaac's face, he seemed to have hit a nerve and he loved every minute of it. When Mike brought up blood and its purity, Isaac scoffed and finally replied. "For your information blood means nothing to me! Being a Chambers is more important than being pure blood," he recited his grandfather's infamous words, those words might as well have been their family motto, he wouldn't doubt it if it actually became that. "I'm not just talking about 'houses' Mike," he said, hitting his name hard with a tone of clear dislike, "But rather what the houses represent. Bella's deserves someone who can support her and has as much ambition as she does. The Slytherin quality is ambition and power," he began to explain to Mike, using a condescending tone as if he were the teacher and Mike was the dimwit student. Isaac's blue eyes scanned over Mike once more and scoffed. "Judging by your appearance I can see it's clear who'd be able to support her best," he said smugly. Aside from learning his ambitious traits from his grandfather, Isaac's father had also taught him to treat a woman as if she were on a pedestal, and Isaac had no problem obliging to that for Isabella. He knew her deepest, darkest secret and he was sure Mike didn't. This alone should've been enough proof to Bella that she was more comfortable with him than she was with Mike.

"Oh yeah. So just because I am not a Slytherin, that means I have no ambition in life?" Mike asked rhetorically. Maybe I do have those traits, but maybe I also have traits that potentially lean towards me becoming a Gryffindor rather than Slytherin. Ambition doesn't mean everything in life. Maybe its those traits such as Chivalry, daring, nerve, traits that make a Gryffindor incidentally or even wisdom and intelligence for Ravenclaws or Loyalty and hard work for Hufflepuffs that get you somewhere in life. So don't you lecture me about ambition. Ambition is only half the journey. The other half is actually through a mixture of traits that involve all houses. And what do you mean judging by my appearance? "You" Mike scoffed. "Think you are better than me?! Mike laughed at this pathetic statement from the first year.

Isaac kept his composure as Mike retorted back with a bunch of nonsense. "I know the House traits!" he said annoyed. He hated being treated like a child, as if he didn't know anything, and that's what Mike was doing to him right now. He rolled his ice blue eyes when he asked if he thought he was better than him and replied, "Well it's only obvious. Look, the bottom line is, Bella's much more comfortable with me, she barely knows you, she doesn't trust you like she trusts me," he said smugly.

"Ha!" Mike laughed. "Bullcrap!" he retorted. "I've heard differently. You've only known her since the summer. I've known her longer. I think she trusts me more than you. I think that you know you can't and won't have her but that still won't stop you thinking that I'm not good enough for her and you believe that because of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. I think it is apparent, we are never going to agree about this matter at hand and that we both think we are better than each other for Bella" Mike ended abruptly, saying what he had come to say. He waited to see how Isaac would respond.

Isaac knew that he was foolish in saying that Mike didn't know Bella for that long when he knew her for even less, but still he felt he knew her more. He had lived with her, seen her indecently dressed - surely Mike hadn't, she even wore his clothes from time to time, and most importantly, he knew her deepest secret, the Gossip Magazine. Of course Bella hadn't exactly told him on her own, he had figured it out because she had gone to his older sister for help with the printing company, but still.

His thoughts were interrupted by a long lecture from Mike. He nodded his head arrogantly in the parts that he agreed with Mike on, clearly the two were always going to think they were better suited for Bella. "I may not have her now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying," he stated firmly, a look of defiance on his face. "Besides, she'll get bored of you soon enough," Isaac said coolly, his lips curling upward in a small smirk, his ice blue eyes staring icily back at Mike. "You're not her type. That girl lives for drama, and you, Mike, are too boring to keep up with her," he pointed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back