Honey, there's something I need to tell you...

Kiera Kaster

OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera Potter paced nervously in one of the homes that she shared with her husband. This particular home was in California, close to her father's house and her gymnastics. Her BMW was parked in the garage since she had used it to visit her father earlier that day. It was easier than apparating the short distance. She had gone to the gym but she had not practiced. Kiera wasn't sure it was wise in her condition.

Two days prior, Kiera had visited the doctor to confirm a growing suspicion she had. Indeed, she had been right and was now slightly freaked out. This was something she wanted, but it was different knowing it was now a reality. Immediately, Kiera had arranged for James to meet her at home for supper at his next earliest free night. Kiera had spent three hours in the kitchen, cooking dinner the muggle way, though she had put a spell on everything to keep it from cooling before they were ready to eat.

So, here the young girl paced in the living room, waiting on her husband. Pausing in front of a mirror, she smoothed her hands over her dress, checking her appearance in the mirror. Kiera was still thin, without any signs of her condition showing. However, that would change soon. Women as small as the girl showed earlier than most.

Kiera resumed her pacing as she waited on James. She had no idea how she was going to break the news to him, or if he would even be happy about it. She wanted him to arrive soon so she could get this over with. She hated keeping secrets from her husband and didn't want to keep this one any longer.

James was glad that they lived out in the middle of nowhere far away from muggles but still close enough so that Kiera could drive to her father's house if she wanted too. CRACK! James appeared in the driveway and immediately looked around to see that nobody else was around, the house was large and had sometimes drawn others however having noticed that the inhabitants were often away James was glad that they had peace and quiet to look forward to when they came here. Several Anti-Muggle charms had been set up so that nobody would provide any trouble for the young couple and they were very careful not to leave anything that was associated with the wizarding world out for anyone that might come and make a surprise visit. Kiera even had a muggle car that she could drive though James had never touched the thing and had no interest in doing so since he enjoyed flying much more.

James walked up to the door and opened it, the house was clean like always and the smell from dinner was already traveling from room to room, it was one of the good reasons James had for coming home to visit his wife even if he wouldn't be ale to stay for long since he was going to be expected to return to the Quidditch Pitch in the morning. James looked around and after a moment saw her looking beautiful like she always did when James saw her. "Well I'm here like I said I would" James said as he placed his traveling suitcase down and walked over towards her not that I'm not delighted to see you" James said with a smile as he kissed her on the cheek "you okay? You seem nervous" James asked as he looked at how beautiful she was but could definitely see a jitteryness about her.

Kiera whirled around as she heard the door open. She smiled as her chocolate eyes locked with her husband's. Her heart ached to be close to him now that he was in the same room as her. "Hey you." Kiera said with a grin on her face. "How was practice today?" she asked casually, trying to make small talk. She knew they only had tonight and Kiera hoped it would be a pleasant one. She watched him as he made his way towards her. He kissed her cheek and she felt a little more relaxed. Her arms snaked up around his neck as she stayed close to him. Kiera's brown eyes grew nervous once more as he asked her if she was okay. Kiera should have realized that James would figure out her emotions as soon as he arrived.

Kiera looked up at her husband. She didn't want to talk about this so soon after James got home but it seemed as if she should now. "Well, um...I'm okay." she said, stepping away and dropping her arms from his neck. "But I do have something to tell you." she admitted, not sure how to say what she needed to tell him. "You know how we talked about children?" Kiera asked, waiting a moment for acknowledgement before continuing. "James, I'm pregnant." she said, not quite meeting his eyes. "We are going to have a baby. The doctor confirmed it two days ago." she said, anxiously awaiting his reaction. For a former Gyffindor, she wasn't feeling very brave.

James was glad to be able to spend more time with his wife, while it may have been difficult he was making these trips more and more often even though some of them had been spent doing research on a few people. "Practice was good, I talked with the coach about switching positions" James said knowing that he wanted to play Seeker instead of Chaser the Coach had said he would think about it especially since their current Seeker had failed to catch the snitch in the last five games. This was good news for James since he was sure that he could do better, James smiled as he kissed his wife once more, they were happily married and were slowly getting back to their normal selves. It was something James was very glad about especially since he had his own things that worried him and didn't want Kiera to worry about him as well.

James listened as Kiera said she was okay though she didn't sound like her normal confident self and that made James a little off as he listened, a few things raced through James' mind as Kiera mentioned she had something to tell him it was the reason she had wanted him home so badly and James was beginning to feel nervous. The news however was something that was a cause for celebration not worry as James smiled at what Kiera told him, "That's wonderful!" James said delighted at the thought that he would soon be a father. James still had his doubts about children however now that Kiera was pregnant such thoughts would only hinder him now. James had thought he was careful but knew that it was difficult not to get someone pregnant when they wanted to be. "Have you told anyone else?" James asked as he wrapped his wife around his arms and kissed her once more on the forehead.

Kiera nodded her head, listening as James talked about practice. She knew that he wanted to play seeker since he joined the Cannons. He was supposed to have been very good at the position though she had never actually seen him play as a seeker. She smiled at him. "That's great honey." she told him sincerely. It would be good for him to have something pleasant since all that had happened on Bleak Street.

Kiera still wasn't looking at James as he reacted to her news. Her face turned back to him as she heard his words and his tone of voice. The worry left her as she could tell he was happy. She looked up at him, her brown eyes wide. "Really? You are pleased?" she asked. She knew that James had been skeptical of children ever since the incident. It was a huge relieve to know that he was now okay with the idea. Pleased by it even. Kiera hugged her husband back as he pulled her close. Kiera felt safe in his arms, as if nothing could touch her. She shook her head at his question. "Not yet." she said. "I thought you deserved to know first, being the father and all." Kiera teased lightly. "I will tell dad tomorrow and Kitty's coming over for a stay next week so I thought I would tell her then." she said, talking about her sister. "I'm guessing that I will have to take a leave of absense from the team until the baby is born." Kiera said with a slight grimace. She hated to quit the sport. "But at least I can still work at Ollivanders so I wont be completely useless." she said with a grin to James.

"Don't worry about a thing" James said since he knew they had more than enough Galleons to support them so that his wife wouldn't have to work if she didn't want too. This was such a joyous occasion and he felt like letting everyone know so that they could share in both of their happiness. He would make a promise to himself not to let anything happen to her this time. "It may be better for you to try bed rest so that there won't be any complications" James suggested as he thought about what the doctors had told them before about Kiera and the damages she had suffered. James wondered if the injuries had healed enough so that she would be able to carry the baby to full term.

James looked at Kiera and smiled as he kissed her once more showing the love that he felt for her. "I promise to be around more so you won't have to go through this alone" James said as he wrapped his arms around his wife and child and tightened his hold while still remaining gentle. He wanted to let his wife know that he was going to be there for her and for their child because she deserved it. The two of them had a relationship that was both rocky and blissful and he knew that he wanted to ensure that the blissful times would be greater than the rocky times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back