Home

Isolde Glasson

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
A mixture of sadness and relief clouding her expression, Isolde Glasson, no longer a professor, set her bags down on the floor of her bedroom and slumped on to her bed. In truth, she was glad to get out of school. As much as she loved teaching, it was proving to be much too difficult for her. Maybe if it wasn't a boarding school, maybe then she would have found it easier. Maybe a muggle school. Perhaps that was her new career - perhaps she could find a job teaching history at a muggle school somewhere.

But she wasn't going to think about that now. She'd been far too stressed, on the verge of breakdown, so she'd had to get out of there. Well, that was one reason for leaving. The more professional reason. The other reason was much more personal.

Isolde had just turned thirty, and as much as she hated admitting that to herself, maybe it was time to focus on the less professional side of things. And by that, Isolde meant that wanted to spend time with Chris, a man for whom her feelings grew stronger day by day, even though they were apart. Isolde was keen to see him again, start a relationship. Well, she hoped it would be alright to do that, she might not have been teaching his sister any more, but she was sure there'd be some awkwardness to that. She hoped it wouldn't be too bad, though. She really wanted a relationship with Chris.

Pushing herself up, Isolde moved to her desk and switched on the computer, which had accumulated a fair amount of dust since she'd last been home a couple of months ago. "Guess I'll be here a lot more often," she whispered, to her surroundings, as she loaded the internet and opened her inbox. Hardly any emails, of course. As a teacher at a school for witches and wizards, a boarding school at that, there was no point to having an email address. All communication was done by owl.

Well, owl was just too slow for her liking. She'd sent Chris an owl letting him know that she was resigning, in incredibly vague terms, and now she figured she'd send him an email in greater detail. So, she quickly went to the fridge and grabbed a can of soft drink (she figured Wallace or Christobelle must have gone and bought it, and she suspected they wouldn't mind her taking one), and then sat down and began to type.
Dear Chris...
Ugh, too formal. Isolde quickly backspaced and started again.
Hey there,
How are you, Chris? Gosh, it feels weird typing again. It's been quite a while since I last used a computer...I sound really old, don't I? Ha, anyway.
I just set my bags down and now I'm officially unemployed, I guess. Well, if that doesn't endear me to you, nothing will, right? ;-) I got told to take it easy for a bit, but I'll be looking for new work sooner or later. Guess I shouldn't think about that too much, I suppose. Oh well.
So, what are you up to? I mean, if you have any free time, we should definately catch up for, well, a date or something. Well, you don't have to...I mean, it's your call, really...
But yeah. I'd really like to see you sometime soon. If that's alright with you, that is. I have a lot of free time and you're the person I want to spend it with.
Ah, well, I guess I'd better end this email here. I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Love, Isolde
And without thinking, she pressed send. She wasn't sure if she should've put that last bit in there, or about the whole email - it looked really stupid, thinking about it - but it was too late. "Ugh," she moaned, putting her head in her hands before grabbing her purse and heading down to the corner store. Chocolate was necessary.

Christopher sat at home huddled over a bunch of papers the only light coming from a glaring computer screen beside him. The end of year exams had approached him without much warning and with it came marking many exam papers, sometimes he wondered if anyone listened in his class at all, with some of the answers he saw on the paper; he highly doubted it. Burying his head in his hands, he needed to get away from all of this but the only place worth going too wasn’t worth going too as the only person that made it worthy enough wasn’t there.

Once again his mind drifted off to Isolde, he missed that woman so much! Even though he thought about her everyday his thoughts could never do her justice, he needed to see her again. Sure they had kept in touch via owl but it just wasn’t enough. Although her last letter had caused him to think a bit more than usual, her words had worried him a bit, with her being under stress and such and he wasn’t sure if it was just him reading too much into it but he couldn’t help but think she was trying to tell him she was leaving, but he didn’t want to raise his hopes. He had started to count down the days until he could see her again, long since stopped caring that she was his sisters teacher. His feelings had grown for Isolde since their last meeting and he knew that he wanted to be with her, Patricia would simply have to get over it whether she liked it or not.

Finally giving up on his marking for now he began to sort his papers together and left them aside to sort through tomorrow. As he was about to turn off his computer he went to check his e-mails one last time, out of habit. He was surprised, however, to see that he had one new email in his inbox, although the email surprised him even more. Clicking on it quickly he read the words, taking each and everyone of them in with much earnest. Grinning broadly as he finished reading the email for the third time. Her words had given him a sudden burst of energy, talk of spending time with her and dates were more than appealing to him. Checking the time he did a quick calculation in his head to figure what time it was in New Zealand. Well if it’s time together she wants that’s what she’ll get. he thought as he quickly turned off the computer not bothering to reply to Isolde.

Making his way to the fireplace he grabbed a handful of floo powder and stepping into the fireplace he dropped the contents in his hand while saying his destination. Within a matter of moments he was transported to the other side of the world, literally. Stepping out of Isolde’s fireplace he looked around saw an empty house. Quickly getting out of the fireplace he wiped the excess soot off of his clothes and walked around a bit to be sure the house was indeed empty. Figuring Isolde would be back soon he cleared all traces of him arriving and hid out of sight of the main entrance to the house, hoping to surprise Isolde.

Having picked up a few essentials - some icecream, chocolate...oh, and a couple of frozen meals, for convienience - Isolde gathered her purchases and exited the store, slowly and thoughtfully making her way back home. I wonder what I'll do now, she pondered, humming a soft tune as she walked. Maybe she could get a Ministry job, maybe. But is that what she wanted? Maybe she could go back in to researching. Go out in to the field, search for ancient relics...yeah, that was an idea.

She had to sort out her domestic life, first.

And Isolde had never been the luckiest girl in love. Indeed, she'd only ever had a couple of relationships. She'd dated a cute Slytherin boy in her 6th year, but she and her family didn't exactly live up to 'Slytherin' ideals, so that hadn't worked at all. Then there was a man she had worked with when she spent some time at the Mayan ruins. Of course, that had only lasted as long as the study tour. When that was over, they never saw each other again. Which was for the best, she knew. They'd only been looking for company, and Isolde had only been twenty-one at the time. After that, Isolde had thrown herself in to her work, whatever she was doing at the time, and had barely paid any attention to her personal life. Then all of a sudden she was thirty and unemployed...but hey, at least she knew what she should do now. The pessimistic side of her told her her relationship with Christopher would never work, but Isolde was definately going to give it a try. She had to, after all, didn't she spend nearly every day thinking about him? She hoped it wouldn't fail. You'll never know if you don't try, right? Isolde reminded herself.

So, with a smile on her face, Isolde walked with her head held high to the door of her home, fumbling for the keys (it would not do to use magic in such a public place) and walking in, flicking on the light. Although something about the house was seemingly different from when she left...

Christopher waited for Isolde to arrive back home, hoping she was planning on returning soon. Although he had no problem waiting as long as needed, he just wanted to see her again. It was easy to say that Christopher was positively buzzing with excitement, going to New Zealand on a complete whim to see a woman, although Isolde wasn't just any woman to him, was not something this man was known for.

The last thing he ever did on a whim was marry Isabella when she was diagnosed, although that wasn't destined to last long - and it didn't! It had been sometime since he had given Isabella much thought, less now since he had met Isolde. It was always a painfull subject for him to think of her and their unborn son, she was his first love after all, but he knew that she would be happy for him now that he had Isolde. With that in mind he decided that nothing was going to stand in the way of the relationship working, not even Patricia.

Hearing the fumbling of keys outside Christopher held his breath as he waited for Isolde to enter the house so he could surprise her. He hoped she would be happy to see him! Now that the light was on Christopher had a clear view of her, smiling he walked up behind her as quietly as he could. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist before whispering, "Fancy seeing you here." into her ear, a playful smirk on his lips as he wondered how she's react.

((sorry, I suck!))

Isolde could sense a presence in the room, but she suspected it was probably Christobelle or Wallace, home for some reason or another. Not playing much attention, Isolde walked in to the room quite calmly, but stopped suddenly when she felt arms around her waist, and an all-too familiar voice in her ear. She would've jumped a foot in the air, had she not been restrained - although she did give quite a start when she heard that voice. Dropping her bags to the ground, Isolde swiveled around slightly to catch a glimpse of the man who had quite honestly been dominating her thoughts for some time.

"Chris!" Isolde practically squealed, stretching out to gently press her lips to his in a joyous kiss. Now this was something nice to come home too. "I guess you got my email then?" she chuckled, wrapping her arms around him, beaming. "Didn't expect to see you here so...soon," she added, shaking her head slightly. "How are you, anyway?" Isolde asked, before reluctantly letting go of Christopher and grabbing her bags from the floor. "You make yourself comfortable, I'll join you in a moment," she explained, before moving in to the kitchen.

Although it was not something he expected Chris quite enjoyed Isolde's reaction to him being here, the kiss was especially welcomed, one which he returned with relish. He let his arms loosen around Isolde but made sure he kept her close to him, he hadn't seen her in months so he was going to savour every moment with her. Now she had left the school he knew that they would have more time together and he couldn't be happier, but he wasn't going to push that point right now - he was sure Isolde needed time to get over leaving her job. "I would have been here sooner but I didn't get your email until a while after you sent it." he explained, he hadn't even checked to see how long ago the email had been sent - he didn't really care either, he was here now so that's all that mattered.

"I've been good. I've missed you!" he answered in reply to her question, his voice sincere. He let his arms fall to his side as Isolde broke away to take her things into the kitchen. Chris made his way over to the sofa and let a small laugh escape his lips as he thought of the last time he was here. It was definitely one of his fondest memories and one he thought about a lot. Sitting down he let his thoughts consume him, they were of Isolde - of course - being here now with her, he knew he had somethings to sort out. He waited for Isolde to come out of the kitchen so they could talk, he just hoped she was willing to listen.

"Sooner?" she asked, a smile on her face. "I only sent it about an hour ago! I'm amazed you got here so quickly!" Oh, it was great to see him again. Even though she'd had to leave her job, she wasn't too sad about it. After all, she could travel, she could try new things, and she could spend time with the man she was definately beginning to fall in love with. It was like Wallace had said - "a lovely girl like you shouldn't be trapped in a school when you have a man out there and a whole world to explore!" She'd chastised him at the time, but now she was starting to see that he was right. Sure, teaching was an important profession, but living at Hogwarts was starting to feel like she'd gone to a convent. Teaching at a boarding school just wasn't for her.

"I've missed you too!" she exclaimed from the kitchen, chuckling a little as she moved out to the lounge room, and sat down on the sofa, not saying anything but simply smiling. Isolde was happy enough just to be in Christopher's presence.

Christopher chuckled lightly as Isolde seemed surprised that he could have gotten here sooner. When she joined him again on the sofa he moved closer to her, his arms wrapping around her. "Okay! I really really missed you!" he told her softly, leaning in for an other kiss, making it last longer: it had to make up for lost time. Pulling away from her he stared into her eyes, a smile now permanently on his features. It felt so good to be back with Isolde now, the ties that they once shared via Patricia were now lost and Christopher knew that this meant so much for them. They had no reason to be not be together now, but Isolde had just lost her job and Christopher didn't want to rush anything with Isolde, not like he had with Isabell (even though that was under certain circumstances). "Right! We can't stay here all day, plenty of time for catch up later. We need to go out, anywhere! You choose." he said, not sure where he was going with this, but he'd let Isolde decide the next part of the plan.

Isolde laughed, good-naturedly, feeling honestly in a good mood for the first time in quite a few days - well, she'd been feeling good ever since she'd walked in the door and seen Christopher there, but still. "We could keep this up for a while, couldn't we?" she joked, before kissing him again. With Christopher, she didn't feel like a failed professor, who had barely accomplished anything in her thirty years. She felt honestly happy, like she had the whole world at her feet and she could do whatever she pleased. Whatever her brother said, Isolde didn't feel like she was 'past her prime' at all. No, now her life was just beginning.
"Well," Isolde began, thinking. "There's a beach not too far from here...it's not exactly beach weather, but how would you fancy a walk, and then going out to eat? I was going to be cooking for one, but now I don't need to," she laughed, her eyes simply shining with happiness.

Christopher easily allowed himself to be pulled in for another kiss from Isolde, it was something that he was growing to love and wasn't going to reject. When he pulled away he gazed at Isolde, he hadn't seen her in what had felt like forever so he was trying to soak up as much of her as possible, taking in her beauty he couldn't help but smile fondly, just being with her made him happy. Although, since his last meeting with Isolde he had always been happy, the very thought of her caused butterflies to flutter in his stomach. He often laughed at how silly it must sound to other for someone his age to have 'butterflies' but he loved having them, the feeling they gave him made him feel great, especially when he thought of the woman that made him have those feelings. When Isolde suggested going for a walk on the beach and then dinner he beamed, his eyes mimicking the happiness that was clear in Isolde's. "That sounds perfect!" he said as he stood up, reaching his hand out for Isolde.

((extremely late reply is extremely late. :p I hope you don't mind slight godmodding.))

Honestly, she felt as though she was half her age. Like a 15 year old with a crush. Even if she was thirty, and felt that perhaps this was more than a mere crush (after all, it was mutual, wasn't it?). Still, the simplicity and naivety of the situation was still there. Like when he kissed her, or when he smiled at her - when he even looked at her, she got butterflies in her stomach and felt her pulse speed up. It was behaviour hardly fitting for someone of her age, but Isolde honestly didn't care. She was falling for Chris and she loved it.

They made their way out and down to the beach - it was a cool evening, and the sun was beginning to set, but that was her absolute favourite time to take walks along the beach (good God, she thought, I'm beginning to sound like an old woman here.) Pushing all self-deprecating thoughts out of her head, she simply turned to Christopher with a warm smile. "It's really lovely here," she began. "'Course, it's improved with the presence of a lovely gentleman, but..." she broke off with a blush. How was it that she could be blushing and saying such silly things at her age and maturity?

(( xD Not at all))

Walking hand-in-hand down the beach Christopher felt as though he was on cloud nine, it was like a dream. To be on a beach at sunset with a woman who he had very strong feelings for - it was something that he hadn't thought he was ever experience. A loving smile never leaving his face he kept his gaze locked on Isolde, simply not wanting to miss a moment with her. As they continued down the beach Chris tried to not over think the situation like he normally would.

Putting all thoughts of anything that didn't include Isolde out of his mind he promised himself that he would just let the evening run on it's own course, not thinking of the next step. Hearing Isolde's words flow from her mouth he laughed softly, If it's cheesy she wants... he thought as he said, "But.." he picked up where she had broke off, "Only the presence of your beauty can make it truly lovely." A small smirk crossing his lips as he lifted their joint hands, kissing Isolde's softly before letting them fall to his side again. Smiling down at Isolde, his eyes sparkling with happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back