Home is where the hearts at.

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Looking beyond the tree's that surrounded the little cottage he could hear what sounded as if it where the patter of four paws on the gravel road that led towards his humble abode. Looking up he could see Spike, his female dog he fondly named Spike to confuse people when they looked at her. She was a large looking dog with a Bull Arab head and the body of a Whippet, which made it look very unco-ordinated. Alex's green darty eyes took in everything that was around him, it was all the same except the house was slowly getting older and in need of dire repair. He smiled towards his hound and patted it softly behind its ears before saying. " Nice to be home, Girl."

Returning from the Army was hard for Alex, in a way he was broken. He had the blood of many men on his hands and was considered a hero. He was nothing of the kind, he was forced to kill inocent men, he never signed up for anything like that.

Maddiie had no intention of visiting Australia today. Home was back the other way, the other side of the world were the sun hardly sleeps. But when she came today, there was a bit of a surprise waiting for her at the front door. She had came to visit the animals Alex left back here in the care of his next door neighbor, but Spike ran out the front door before Maddiie could tend to her needs. "Spike! Come on girl I need to give you a quick bath, I have to go soon" she groan moving slowly before she could say anything else. When she let the screen door slide open, she saw her husband standing outside petting Spike. A light gasp escape from her lips, letting the screen door shut behind her. "Alex?" she question puzzle of why her husband was here and not in Hawaii. "Is that really you?" she asked again. The last time he said he was staying for good, he had left the next day. It wasn't his fault, it was the damn Army. They had asked for Alex back and now he was here. Maddiie had gone into another state of depression but not because Alex was gone, more because Delilah had missed him the most.

Alex was in a world of his own, in the back of his mind he could hear the screams from his fellow mates in his division. It was a sound that cursed his nightmares, the earsplitting screams as the bombs blew people into shrapnel. Looking down at his dog tags, the words Dvour read out and he remembered how he got the name. Cleaning out a whole shanty town by himself. Destroying all forms of civilization.

Looking up for a slip second feeling a change in the breeze coming through the open screen door, he saw his wife Maddiie, he instantly stood up and walked over to her, putting his hands on her waist and just pulled her closer to him and held her in tight and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. Feeling like nothing had changed in the time he had been away, but he could tell a lot had changed. " Hey gorgeous, wheres that beautiful daughter of mine?" He had really missed his whole family and was really desperate to see everyone, and catch up on what he had missed.

Maddiie frown at her husband who seem to space out. She would think his days at war had trouble him a few times. She wonder how bad this will last? She was worried about Alexander but when he kissed her she smile a little. The feeling of his arms around her waist gave her greater comfort. "I've missed you" she sighed happily. "She's in Hawaii with a sitter, girl name Leah watching her" one of the Makwa's clan had offer to watch Delilah. Since Leah was almost done with Tribal school this term, she didn't need to attend often. "What are you doing here?" she asked him. "Aren't you suppose to be back at war?" she spoke slightly nervous around Alex.

Alex smiled when he heard that she was in Hawaii it really was a beautiful island and he loved the place himself, but he didn't approve of Leah looking after his daughter, knowing perfectly well who she would mean. The question had been asked, which he was happy to answer."I'm home for good now, I was honorably discharged. It was getting way to much, being sent out after time." He said with a smile as he looking deep into Maddiie's joyful eyes. He knew she would know there was something different with him and that things would never be the same with him.

"Really?" Maddiie grew even more concern, she had wrapped her arms around her husband and was afraid to let him go. "That's great if that's what you want..." she said breathing in his every essence just to make sure he was real and not an illusion, lately that's been happening often. Maddiie seeing Alex everywhere, its her sickness acting up again, and now she was suffering illusions. "Well Spike glad to see you and I'm sure Delilah would be happy to see her father, she's walking now.." he had missed hers and Maddiie birthday together but it hadn't been a big blow out. Just close friends and family came to celebrate with Delilah she was content. She enjoy every minute of it, Maddiie was the one who seem half hearted without Alexander around. "I'll support you no matter what" she added, "just to let you know" it was strange her saying that out of the blue. She had been thinking out loud and it was to late to notice she had done so. "Are we moving here or staying in Hawaii?"

Alex was hit with the question ' Are we moving here, or staying in Hawaii?' It was a shock and something that was hard to absorb." Lets stay in Hawaii, but always keep the house here for any times that we need to just get away from everything. It would be nice to have somewhere to come and clear our minds." He said as he picked his wife up off the ground with ease and kissed her gentle lips ever so softly. " I love you so much, and I have missed you like crazy."

"Deal" Maddiie was lifted by her husband, it made her laugh blushing that he was still able to do that. "I love you too and always" she says smiling at him as she lean to kiss him full lips. "I thought about you night and day, day and night. Dream about the day you will come home to us..." she grinned kissing him some more. She buried her face onto his neck and kiss him there too. "And I thought about your touch the most" her blushed deepened, she trailed soft kisses up his neck. "Was growing sick with you Mr.Fields. Very sick.." she added some more kisses up to his beautiful jawline. "Your so beautiful you know that..." she trace her fingers to the side of his face, her heart beat faster than it ever had done before.

Slowly he pulled one hand off her body and still balanced her there with ease, drawing his wand he flicked it and his room, went all dark and their was some candles that lit inside. He watched as Spike ran out the door into the yard and the door sung shut behind her. He carried Maddiie onto the bed........................

the next day
Waking up in the morning he smiled as his arm was over his beautiful wife. He slowly slid out of the bed and had a quick shower and changed his clothes and came back to bed and gave Maddiie a big hug and a kiss. Which softly woke her up. " Babe, when am I going to be able to see my daughter?"

The next morning stayed sound asleep after that night of romance have passed. She awoke from her husband voice, who she truly hope wasn't imagining that he wasn't here. She reached up to touch his face, her skin prickle to feel him against her. "'Morrow to you too" she sat up to kiss him. "Well let me freshen up than we can go okay?" Maddiie stood up before he protested, in less than an hour she was ready for them to go. "Here, manage to make you breakfast but we can have it at home? You wanna go now?" she asked smiling.

"Yeah Ok."Alex said as he ran down stairs he thought he might as well go for a run with Spike while he was waiting. He jogged all the way to the back of the property and back and came in to see Maddiie looking as though he had never left. Alex smiled when he saw breakfast, it was way better then the dehydrated stuff he had to eat. " Ok let's go now babe."

"Okay okay were going" she laughed. Maddiie took his hand and they apparated away from the farm. They appeared in Hawaii were their home rested along the shorelines of Maui. Maddiie held his hand and enter the front door were she said a few spells. "Leah Aloha I'm home" Leah Makwa came out of the kitchen holding a very messy one year old. Maddiie laughed as Leah attempted to clean her off, but without the use of magic it was useless cleaning a baby off that quick. Maddiie used a charm that make Delilah clean again, "Thank you Leah" she smile and gave her a few bills to pay for the babysitting. Leah smile and wave, she left excusing herself immediately. "Here's your daughter baby" she smile giving Delilah up to her father.
[Want me to be Delilah?]

Alex took Delilah into his arms and a few tears dropped down his face, it had been so long since he had seen her. How much had he missed? What would he never be able to see again? " Do you remember daddy?" He asked softly, looking at his daughter in shock, he never thought that he was going to make it back home to hold her again.
(Yeah)

Delilah looked up at the man who claim to be her father. Her green eyes widen reflecting his own, something she recognize immediately from the photos mommy showed her when daddy was away. Delilah saw daddy tears fall down his eyes, her little piggy fingers reach up to touch his face. Delilah didn't understand why daddy was crying, she lean forward to give him a wet kiss on his face. Mommy said his name was Dada and because her first words were dada, she spoke them once more for the first time in front of the man. In the process of saying this, Delilah drool happily because she was teething which was normal for any baby.

It almost broke Alex having Delilah reach up to his face and give him a kiss. It was something he had never expected. Kissing her softly on the forehead, he smiled. " I missed you." He said softly as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a large metal ring out of his back pocket, pointing his wand at it he sterilized it with a spell he had learned of a old wizard friend in the war. Softly putting the ring in Delilah's hand he smiled knowing it would help her with the teething.

Delilah happily accepted the ring from her daddy fingers. She stuck it inside her mouth which help with the teething. Daddy said sweet words to her that she still didn't understand. Still she was content with new ring and made more noises while she rested against daddy chest. It was noon time here so she was feed and ready to take her nap. She close her small green eyes while being held by daddy. The movements he made, made Delilah fall asleep. She would've fought wanting to stay up, but being in daddy's arm made her sleepy and safe. Delilah understood now who this man was, he's daddy.

"Well would you look at that" Maddiie said softly taking her daughter away from his husband. "It takes me a while to get her to fall asleep like that" she said frowning with a glinch of amusement. "Guess you were born to be father baby" she chuckle and kissed her husband on the cheek before she apparated to Delilah room. Take care her in less than ten minutes she was back down at his husband side. "What you want to do today? I mean you must still feel exhausted from all that you've been trough?" she asked, her hands going up his backside to rub a little of his shoulders. Its the least she could do to make him feel home, a new home but it was still his.

" Anything you want to do babe." He said softly as he walked towards the tap and poured himself a glass of water. As he took a sip of it the glass slid out of his hand and floated mid air, his wand in his other hand keeping it suspended without anything actually touching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back