Home for Winter Break

"Yeah, but you will get through it. I know you." Lily said smiling and then pulling off the bread from the skillet. "Okay. Breakfast is ready." She placed it on plates for them and took them to the table for them to eat.

Cloe blushed a little more, happy that Joshua seemed to like the album she had put together for him. It had been something she thought he would have liked, considering he had missed most of Blake's childhood. Returning his kiss, Cloe then took her own present and tore off the wrapping to reveal a black velvet box. Openning it, she gazed down at the beautiful diamond necklace.

diamond.jpg

"Joshua... It's absalutely wonderful..." she blushed even more, trying to push back the memory of Amycus' presents being quite similar. Wrapping her arms around his neck, Cloe planted a soft kiss on his lips before whispering, "Thank you. For everything."

((there we go <_<
man, what kind of an idiot accidentally posts as the wrong character, twice? @-) ))

"You're welcome," Joshua replied, kissing Cloe back. "There are three diamonds there. The smallest for our past, the middle one for now, and the largest one for our future." He looked at Cloe with a smile. "Shall we go down and check on our son? I think I heard a pretty good time going on down there."

"Thanks," Blake murmured as he dug into his breakfast. Once he had eaten his fill, he drank down a full glass of milk, "You really are a good cook."
"I think we should leave early..." he suggested to Lily, the thought having only occured to him. What was the use in staying any longer? He would probably just drown his mother's spirit even more, despite Joshua's attempts to keep her happy. "That's if you want to leave of course."

Lily looked up at Blake from her food. "I am willing to do whatever you wish. I know you are not happy here, so maybe we should get going back to school. What time do you want to leave?" Lily was already thinking of all she needed to pack up.

"Lily," was all Cloe could say in response to Joshua's comment about the good time he had heard going on in the living room. Despite her newfound liking for the girl, Cloe could still not subside her feeling of jealousy due to the fact that Lily had become the only person Blake would pay any attention to, let alone speak to. She was still trying to get used to it.
Getting up from the bed, Cloe straightened out her night gown before she set off downstairs and into the kitchen. Her timing perfect as she arrived just in time to hear Lily say "...so maybe we should get going back to school. What time do you want to leave?"
"Leave?" Cloe blurted, looking from Blake to Lily and back again. "Who says your leaving any time soon? Holiday doesn't finish 'till after New Years. It's just Christmas!"

Lily felt her face blush. "Um, Blake was wanting to get heading back to school. We both have quidditch practice coming up. We have games right after the holidays are over." She hoped that she was able to cover enough that it would ease the tension between Blake and his parents.

Joshua followed Cloe down the stairs and heard the conversation in the kitchen. He also heard Lily try to cover with some line about Quidditch. It might be true, but he figured it was just a way to cover for Blake's desires. She would make a good politician someday. He looked at Cloe, "Let them head back if that is the case. I would rather they are happy."

Blake looked at his mother as she spoke, rolling his eyes in the process before he quickly glanced away. She was always interfering, trying to get everything her way. As Lily answered Cloe's retort, Blake felt uncomfortable leaving her in a position of having to cover up the real reason why they were leaving. "I just figure there's no point staying any longer," he said stifly, not looking at his mother. "Besides, New Years is just an ordinary day. I'm sure you and Joshua can find more amusing things to do than look after a couple of kids." Ignoring Joshua's comment about wanting them to be happy.

Cloe looked at her son long and hard, even though she was happy he was now speaking with her, she did not like the tone he used to say what he had. "Fine," she said gruffly, before sighing deeply and softening her gaze. "Blake, can't you just.. try to forgive me? Even though I don't deserve it? I'm your mother for Merlin's sake."

At her response, Blake chose not to answer his mother's plea. No he was not going to forgive her, whether she was his mother or not. People don't just miraculously get over things like this, especially not over a few days. "We should get packing then," he said to Lily.

Lily nodded and stood up from the table. She placed her dishes in the sink and pointed to the plate of extra French Toast. "I made plenty so if you would like some, feel free to eat it up." She looked at both of them as she spoke, hoping they would understand they both were welcome to thefood. She then headed upstairs to Blake's room to change and pack.

Cloe watched wide-eyed as her son left the room after Lily, without even a word of further explanation. She felt tears swell and threaten to spill, but she held on to them dearly, not wanting to seem pathetic to her son. Once he was gone however, Cloe could not help but sink into the chair which had been occupied by him only seconds before and, holding her head in her hands, she let herself cry, her tears collecting in a puddle on the table.

Once he was fully dressed and ready, Blake dragged his trunk out of his room all the way down the stairs and out onto the porch. He wanted to leave quickly so if he did somehow happen to have a break down over saying goodbye to his parents, he could postpone it until he was as far away from them as possible. The little part of him that wanted to forgive his mother for her mistake was taking a toll on his better side, urging him to say something kind, or even sincere, to her rather than just leaving her in the miserable state she was in now.
But his arrogant side would not have it. She was the one who was in the wrong, and that was all that mattered. So with his pride held high, Blake stood on the porch silently, wondering when Lily would join him in waiting for their cab.

Lily packed her things and hurried down to the living room with her trunk. She noticed that Blake was on the porch already waiting for her. She dropped her trunk in the living room, and looked around. She remembered that Cloe mentioned they had presents under the tree, so she grabbed both hers and Blake's and stuffed them in her trunk. She left the one she bought for Cloe and Josh under the tree. It wasn't much, but she wanted to let them have something. She then walked out to join Blake on the porch. "How soon do we leave?"

"Now," Blake answered, nodding at the taxi which pulled up in the driveway. "I'll get your trunk," he answered, dragging her trunk out on to the porch and down to the driveway where the taxi driver heaved it into the car trunk. Once he had gotten his own trunk into the taxi, Blake turned to look at the house. His mother was standing on the porch, teary-eyed and all. He hated goodbyes, they were the hardest things to comeby. But grudgingly, he walked up to her and gave her a rather awkward hug, then quickly pulled away. "Well, this is goodbye," he said stifly, avoiding meeting her eyes.

Cloe hugged her son, holding on longer than necessary but letting go unwillingly as she did not want to make the moment all the more awkward than it was. "Bye Blake... and if it's worth anything... I really am sorry."

Lily turned to Cloe. "Thanks for having me. I hope to see you again soon." She gave her a quick smile, then ran down to the waiting taxi.

"Uh.. yeah," Blake said, not wanting to voice his usual smart aleck responses. Silently, he raised a hand and made a brief wave about the air, nodding at Joshua. "Well we best get going now." With that, he turned and was about to make his way to the cab when he remembered something.
With reluctance, Blake turned back to his mother, this time meeting her teary gaze. Reaching into his coat pocket he pulled out a red box laced with white ribbon. "Merry Christmas," he said softly, blinking back his own tears before tearing his own gaze from his mother. "The both of you."
Without another word, Blake stepped away from the pair and marched back to the cab and jumped in a little too eagerly. All he wanted to do was go, and go fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back