Home for Winter Break

"I'm your son for frick's sake! Of course it's my business!" he challenged her. He was definitely stepping out of line with this one, but he could not refrain. There was so much she kept from him, all the lies and secrets. "See! He is here!"
Getting up from the floor, he turned back to his mother, his face burning with anger. "You've been having an affair, haven't you!? This whole time!" he spat, his eyes were beginning to water.

Without warning, Cloe felt her hand make its mark across Blake's face, the loud slap echoing passed her ears. "How dare you make such accusations!" she snarled, her voice rough and stony, but moreoever unfamiliar. She had never spoken to her son so harshly before, but he had pushed her beyond limits. Her eyes slopped thick with tears, unable to contain them any longer she let them roll down her cheeks. "You don't know anything!" she bellowed.

Joshua opened the closet and walked out into the room. He was fully clothed, minus his shoes and socks. He had heard Cloe slap Blake and was stunned that she did that. He hurried over to Cloe, and pulled her back from their son. "Cloe, what are you doing? That is no way to handle this. Besides, I think it is time to tell him the truth."

Lily saw the slap to Blake's face and ran to his side. She put her arms around his waist and hugged him to her. "Are you okay?" she asked, then realized that was the stupidest question ever.

Blake felt his cheek burn as his mother slapped him, catching him offguard. Never had she laid a hand on him, and he was more than stunned by her reaction. He soothed his throbing cheek with his hand and sunk onto the bed. As Joshua emerged from the closet, Blake averted his gaze, embarrased. "What? What are you talking about?" he asked, his voice crumpled in contrast to his mother's previous yelling.
At the feel of Lily's touch, Blake immediately withdrew and let his own hot tears trickle down his cheek. He could not bring himself to answer her question, his voice lost with his sudden stage of shock.

Lily sat down next to Blake on the bed. She did not care if she was out of line or not. She was going to be there for him no matter what. She put her arms around his shoulders as they sat there, waiting for the 'truth'.

Cloe swiped away her tears, guilt washing over her as she watched Blake cumple. Looking up at Josh, she suppressed the urge to avoid allowing Blake the knowledge of his real father, as it were her secrets that had brought this upon her. "Blake... your father, is not your real father. When I lived in England, I was with Joshua, but somehow we were separated. But before I knew it, I was pregnant with you. Joshua never knew about you because I had already moved here by the time he came looking for me," she explained softly, keeping her gaze locked on Blake. "In my desperation however, your father took me in and he raised you... like is own. As fate would have it, I ran into Joshua and ended up telling him about you. Blake, Joshua is your real father."
Moving across the room, Cloe crouched down beside her son and pulled him into a hug, her tears seeping into his shirt.

Blake took in his mother's words, his whole world shattering as her last words left an unpleasant imprint in upon him. As she moved toward him, giving him a heart wrenching hug, Blake shrunk away from her not knowing how else to react to the precipitance of the news. "You lied to me this whole time..." he sobbed, his words muffled as more tears rolled down his face. "This whole time," he repeated blankly.
Without another word, he stood up and shuffled passed his mother's grasp, avoiding Joshua's gaze as he left the room and made his way into his own, closing the door silently behind himself.

Joshua watched as Cloe told Blake that he is really his father. When Blake left the room, Joshua wanted to follow him, but instead, looked at Lily. "Go after him. Make sure he is okay. Anything I want to say to him can wait until he is ready." He then dropped down to where Cloe was crouched and pulled her to him.

Lily nodded and rose from the bed, walking down the hallway to Blake's bedroom. She opened the door quietly and walked inside. As she shut the door, she located where Blake was and crossed to him. She was stunned, and she assumed that Blake was in worse shape than she was. This was his whole life that was affected by the news. She hugged Blake, not knowing what else to do.

Cloe felt a stab of pain as Blake moved away from her. She had expected him to yell at her, to tell her how furious he was with her. But as he retreated away from her as though she were the worst person ever, she broke down in Joshua's arms as he swept her off the ground.

Blake sunk his face into Lily's shoulder, more than grateful that she was there for him when he needed her the most. Stifly, he wrapped his arms around her and sobbed like a helpless child, his posture fragile under the pressure he was feeling from the greatness of the newfound truth. How could she have kept such information from him? Allowing him to grow up with such a lie, one he would now have to carry around forever. And how could the man he had trusted and loved so much as father, let him believe that very lie? He had been raised with blind trust, and it was more than overwhelming.

Lily felt Blake begin to cry. She rubbed his back and held him, not really knowing what else to do.
As she felt his sobs subside, she guided him to his bed. "Try to get some rest. I don't know, but it might help." Lily kissed his cheek, then moved to the spare bed and sat down. She watched Blake from the bed, not knowing how to help him other than being there for him.
Lily pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, her chin on the top of her knees. She could feel the tears of sadness that she had for Blake start to finally fall. She hoped that he would be able to at least start to talk to his mother before they headed back to school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back