OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Charlie was actually going to miss school a bit, miss the friends he'd made and the castle, but he missed his dad the most. He couldn't help but pout as he rushed off the train only to be greeted by his over bearing grandmother. He didn't want to see her, he wanted to see his dad. Charlie did his best to hide his disappointment, wanting to at least appear nice to his father's mother.

He still didn't like her house, either, the silence and obscurity of the country home unnerving him. He didn't bother unpacking, bouncing off the walls as he was waiting for his dad to finally get off and come pick him off. Charlie had just been sitting on the edge of the bed in the guest room, ignoring the way his grandmother had been going on about making him dinner. He knew he wouldn't be here that long.

He perked up when he heard the front door opening and jumped to his feet, throwing his backpack over his shoulder and bolting down the stairs.

Celestyn really hated coming home but while it was useful when grabbing Charlie at the end of the semesters. He would get used to it, and maybe one of these years Charlie would decide to go to the american school. Celestyn walked into the house and was immediately greeted by his mother, and her usual....fun. They had never gotten along but it felt particularly sharp as time moved forward. He never stayed a moment longer because hearing her cruel words towards him were not fun. "Come on now mum, that's a little unfair," he retorted after a particular jab at his lack of parents skills and how badly he was doing, where he definitely he had done pretty well so far. "Charlie! You ready yet bud?" he called out hoping that he would turn up soon, least of all it might stop his mother from talking. "Can you stop? I don't want Charlie hearing this," he said as she continued to belittle him.

Charlie was already down the stairs when he heard his dad called. He opened his mouth to reply, just about to turn the corner, when he heard the snide remark his grandmother made. Charlie's temper flared and he stormed out, shoving past her without looking. "Dad!" He smiled widely, rushing forward and hugging him. "I missed you, can we go home now?" He asked before turning and looking at the woman with a frown. "You're mean, and I hate you," he announced, sticking his tongue out at her and reaching for his dads hand.

Celestyn gave his son a wide smile and hugged him close. He nodded, "Yeah bud let's go," he said with a nod. He was a little surprised at Charlie's words and could feel his mother's firm stare at him, disapproving of Charlie's words. "Now bud," he said, "Charlie's sorry, he didn't mean that," Celestyn had an arm around his son and began leading him out of the house. He felt a little proud of his son for saying that but knew it wasn't going to help much. "Like father, like son, like grandson," he near flinched at the words, hoping he nor Charlie ended up like his own father. He didn't turn around just kept ushering Charlie out of the house. "You ready there," he held the boy close ready to apparate home.

Charlie didn't apologize, waiting until they had apparated home before talking to his dad again. "Why do I have to be sorry?" He asked, setting his bag on the couch. "I meant what I said. Why does she talk to you like that?" He moved towards the kitchen, sitting down at the table and looking to his dad with a furrowed brow. "She's always so mean to you. I don't like it." He folded his arms on the table and set his chin on them, looking to his dad for answers.

Celestyn was immediately glad when they got home. He let the familiar air fill his lungs, the noise of the city outside reach his ears and then looked to Charlie, "It was rude Charlie, she's helping us out by letting you stay there until I can get you," Celestyn told him. It was just easier to do it this way, easier for them both. "She and I just have a difficult relationship....," he explained, but his words trailed off, he didn't think Charlie was old enough yet to know about the hows and whys of it all. He certainly didn't feel up to discussing things to do with his own father yet and her last words had really stung. "My mother just doesn't like me very much and that's fine, but she loves you bud," he assured him, it was the most he could say without having to go into it. "You're her best grandson, so please, just take me out of the equation for her,"

Charlie shook his head. "But I don't understand, why does it matter if I was rude? She was being mean, I heard what she said to you," He furrowed his brow, completely confused. "I don't care who she is, or how she feels about me, it's not okay that she treats you that way," He tried to protest, growing frustrated as his dad seemed insistent about Charlie pretending she wasn't so rude to his dad. "I don't want to just- just pretend you don't matter! That's- you matter, a lot, especially to me, I should- I can just wait at the train station, or see if I can go to a friends house," He offered instead, but he had the sinking feeling his dad wouldn't listen.

Frustrated, Charlie pushed up from the table. "I'm going to the gas station to get some candy," he announced sullenly, storming out and slamming the door behind him. The walk cleared his head, and he was ready to apologize and talk things out with his dad when he got back. He shut the door behind him as he came in, looking around. "Dad?" Charlie asked, looking around as he walked into the apartment. He didn't immediately spot the man. Had he stepped out, too?

Celestyn frowned at his son, he knew he was valid in his feelings in wanting to act like this but he just was too young to understand some of the complexities of relationships, why be nice when someone else isn't. He knew it was something he had to teach him but as Charlie grew frustrated with his words, his excuses he knew this wouldn't be where he learned it. "Bud, a mistake with the time zones alone could mean you end up waiting for hours," he suggested, a friend could work but before Celestyn could say anything Charlie had frustrated walked out. Celestyn was left just standing in his apartment thinking of how right his mother was. Charlie was a great kid but it wasn't because of him. But he could wallow in self pity. Instead he took Charlie's things and began putting them away in his room, and it was as he did this he came across a violin...since when had Charlie been playing an instrument. It was as he had opened the violin case and was looking inside it that he heard the door open. "I'm in here bud," he called out.

Charlie was vaguely surprised when his dad called from his bedroom, but didn't think much of it. He popped a malt ball in his mouth and walked over, swallowing it just as he came in the door. "Hey, do you want any-" he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw his dad with the violin, his eyes going wide and the color draining from his face. The thing was old and battered, and it honestly looked like it was ready to fall apart, but Charlie was sure that his dad would still be furious that he'd basically stolen it. He stuttered a moment, lost for words, and dropped his gaze to the floor. "T-t-t-that- um, it- that- I'm sorry," he finally managed, scuffing his sneaker against the carpet. "I- no one has noticed I took it, I didn't- no one wanted it- it was like a week into school, I wasn't- I didn't- I mean..." Charlie just couldn't figure out the right words and shook his head, swallowing loudly.

Celestyn was processing the fact there even was a violin when he looked to Charlie and it seemed by his words that he'd taken it. "It's okay, you'll return it?" he said, he knew his son probably didn't mean anything and there were likely instruments for people to use but maybe not take several miles away. "Have you been learning to play?" he asked, curious in part and wanting to figure out if he'd taken it because no one else was using it or because he wanted to play it. If it was the former then maybe his mother was right, if it was the latter then he was a little sad that Charlie hadn't told him, he'd have bought the boy a violin if he wanted on. He was a little puzzled as to why a violin but he wouldn't question it either.

Charlie's face fell when his dad told him to take it back. He knew that was going to happen. He shoved his hands in his pockets and nodded slowly. He would put it back in the arts room, he supposed. Even if he doubted anyone had even noticed it was gone. He hesitated as the man asked if he'd been learning to play, nodding slowly. "I... yeah," he replied gently. He stared harder at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck. "I just- um... I know we're like... all sports and stuff, um... it was just... just uh, just hidden away forgotten in the arts room, and it sounded pretty..." he explained softly. "I, um... I'll leave it where I found it..." he agreed softly, trying not to sound sad about it. He shuffled over, shutting the case and moving to shove the violin under the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back