Holy crow...that one's in the shape of an ice cream cone!!

Katalina Harker

OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat stumbled in through her front door looking absolutely horrible. She'd broken three ribs during that days practice which had been mended nicely by the team healer and then went straight back into working with the team. The eighteen year old felt like she was about forty at the moment after today's practice there was no wonder. Peeling off her oversized long sleeved shirt and sweatpants she examined the damage sustained. There was a huge bruise down her left side from where she'd taken a bludger hard and broken the ribs. On the right shoulder was a yellowed bruise where she'd dislocated her shoulder two weeks prior. Kat had taken several spills in her days on the Pride, but professional quidditch was in a league all on it's own...it was nothing short of brutal. Grabbing a bag, a towel and some ice from the freezer the brunette laid herself down on the couch and situated the towel over her side with the bag of ice on top of it. "I'm pretty sure this sport is going to be the death of me yet," she joked out loud to herself with a chuckle, but knew that it would have to be death itself that would keep her away from the sport that she loved so much.

Chace hated Quidditch and anything to do with flying. Only when Kat was playing did he enjoy it. Something stronger than his loathing for bludgers and broomsticks made him attend every one of his girlfriend's games. They were intense, to say the least. He would have cursed every beater that threatened his Kat- that was, if they hadn't looked like they could grind him into the ground like a cigarette butt. Kat knew that he didn't have guts in the first place, but he was sure that she wouldn't appreciate his actual guts squished and smeared all over the Quidditch field.

Moving to England with Kat had been the best decision he could make. His parents hadn't approved of course, but at this point he didn't really care. They were responsible adults. What was he supposed to do? Let his girlfriend fall into the arms of another buff Quidditch player while wasting away his life in New Zealand? No, that wasn't going to happen. He loved Kat more than anyone else in the world, though Merlin forbid that Maeva Harker ever know that.

The former Slytherin was one of those freaks who brushed his teeth after every meal. His breath extra-fresh, he stepped quietly toward the couch, giving her a peck on the forehead. Smirking mischievously, he suggested, "Then why not quit? A no-Quidditch Kat is better than a dead Kat." That mooncalf dung-eating smirk remained on his face as his lips moved to hers. "Besides, I'd have to kill whoever took you away from me. I'm too young to be a murderer!"

Kat glared up at her boyfriend at his suggestion, but as usual couldn't stay mad at him because she knew better than anyone how he felt about flying and quidditch. And of course his concern for her was cute and she loved him for it. She kissed him lightly and then pulled herself up sitting indian style on the couch. "Oh, I didn't tell you? You get all my money in the event of my death. You want to change your mind on that last statement," the brunette said with a smirk on her face. Kat grabbed his hand pulled him down next to her on the couch, but as she did she caught a whiff of herself and wrinkled her nose up. Not so discreetly she sniffed her underarms and shook her head and said, "Oh now that's just nasty. Why didn't you tell me I smelled like week old hippogyff turds? I'll be right back." With that the former Gryffindor hopped up and headed to the bathroom and showered.

Several minutes later she emerged with her wet hair pulled back in a ponytail and donning her pyjamas. "There much better," she said as she crawled onto Chace's lap and snaked her arms around his neck, nestling her head against his chest. She looked up at him and said, "So how was your day? Less dangerous than mine I do hope!" A sleepy little grin stretched across her face as she thought about how happy she was to be able to come home to him every day.

Week old hypogriff turds? Chace could only shake his head as his girlfriend scampered off to take a shower. He entertained himself with a witch's magazine while he waited. Who knew one could make Mrs. Scower's Magical Mess Remover go such a long way? He looked up over his magazine and wrinkled his nose at Kat. "Ewwww, Gryffindor," he whined as she sat in his lap, "You'll have to take a shower all over again." The Slytherin wasn't a house-ist, but it was fun to pretend to be one.

"It was boring," he laughed, "Hey, I have to deal with customers and stock shelves. I'd say that's MUCH more life threatening than a stray bludger, don't you think? I could die by crazy customer or falling merchandise." Chace had taken a job at a wizarding store not far away from their flat. The gig was dull at times, but he did like working with people.

"I know. A Gryffindor and my mum's a muggle born. What did you ever see in me," she said jokingly with a nudge, but her eyebrow quirked as his last statement, but chose to leave it alone...for now. Grinning at him she just couldn't believe how lucky she was to have him and the fact that he seemed to love her just as much as she loved him just made her heart soar. "Oh I'd definitely say that's very hazardous to your well being. Some of those customers do look rather sketchy if I do say so myself," Kat said nuzzling herself closer to her love. Just then a thought popped into her head and she figured she'd at least give it a try. Turning her head just slightly she planted a light kiss on his neck and made a light trail of kisses up his ear and whispered, "So about that shower...maybe I'd like some company this time around." Without really giving him a chance to respond she pressed her lips to his, kissing hungrily. When they'd moved in together they (well more so Chace than Kat) had decided that they were going to wait and save themselves until after they got married, which was why they slept in separate rooms. While at the time it was a really sweet gesture the brunette was finding it harder and harder to keep her hands to herself and she was more than frustrated.

Complaint was not the first thing that burst through Chace's mind when Kat started to snog him. Her words were slow to register, prancing in just as he was beginning to enjoy himself. He straightened and stared at his girlfriend. "What?" They'd had an agreement before they moved in together. Was this one that could be dissolved so easily? Discomfort dancing across his nose and twirling to his chin, he gulped. "A shower?" he laughed nervously, "I'd love to, but I think I left my swimsuit back in New Zealand." His reminder would hopefully keep his love at bay. He didn't want to jump into anything he wasn't prepared for too quickly and too soon.

For a split second Kat thought she had won this one, but just as soon as she had her victory the slimy snake pulled the rug out from under her. "You're a tease you know that right," she said in a huff as she moved to the opposite end of the couch with her arms across her chest, a pout on her face. The eighteen year old stared straight ahead, her lips pursed and her face was beet red. It still hurt her feelings when he pushed her away like that...made her feel like there was something wrong with her. Well I have been eating like a cow lately and haven't been exercising nearly as much she thought as she looked down at her body, her eyes glossing over with moisture just slightly, but she quickly wiped her eyes.

A few minutes of silence passed as they sat there, each on their end of the couch. Just as she was about to ask what he wanted for dinner an owl flew through the window and dropped something on the table in front of them. Without warning the darn thing popped up and started yelping at Kat and Chace.

Kat and Chace,

You lovebirds better watch out, or you'll come down with a case of pregnancy. Scary, right? Hold out too long and suffer the consequences. Use it or lose it!

This doesn't have to make sense!

Love,
Estrella and Lily

The former Gryffindor snorted and smirked. She was pretty sure that Lily and Estrella were probably way past three sheets to the wind when they'd done that because of course they had completely contradicted themselves, but one word in there wasn't unnoticed by Kat...pregnancy. The thought of that made her stomach turn. Not only would something like that ruin her career right now, but it would also do the one thing she feared almost worst of all...gain weight. "Well that was interesting to say the least," the brunette said, her expression softer than it had been earlier as she slinked back down the couch, cuddling up next to her boyfriend again.

What a dirtball. Chace felt like a complete jerk when Kat moved off of him and to the other end of the couch. He deserved to have the lovely skill of insulting himself. Methods of apology whirled through his head, though he wasn't able to catch one of them before an owl dropped a bomb on them. The howler might as well have been a bomb, he figured later; his ears would be ringing for the rest of the night.

Quirking an eyebrow at his girlfriend, Chace shook his head. "Well, at least that wasn't my mother," he coughed, "You think those two are drunk as skunks or what?" He knew neither Lily or Estrella particularly well, but he was aware of the fact that the eagles would peck his eyes out if he ever hurt Kat. Something was troubling her now. Guilt pressing down on his stomach, he wrapped his arm around the beautiful brunette. "Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are?"

Kat smirked when Chace sounded relieved that the howler wasn't from his mother and she had to admit that she was a bit relieved too. It wasn't that his mum hated Kat or anything, but the eighteen year old had a feeling that she wasn't Maeva's favorite person...in fact she knew she wasn't due to the fit she'd pitched when they'd told her that they were moving in together. The couple had decided to tell their families together...safety in numbers and all that jazz. Kat's parents had taken it rather well, of course that was after Steven Vanderhol had given Chace the over-protective father speech that she was pretty sure had scared the living crap out of her boyfriend.

Looking at the now silent piece of parchment on the table she said, "I think it's pretty safe to say that they're pretty snockered right now. And with those two there is no telling what other trouble they are getting themselves into." There were times she missed being in New Zealand, after all that was where most all of her friends were, but she knew that her new life was here and she was content with the way her life was going. After hearing his words to her Kat once again crawled back in Chace's lap, wrapping her arms around him tightly and burying her face in his neck. "I think you're a little biased," she said in a muffled tone, not moving from where she was.

Kissing his girlfriend on the cheek, Chace wrapped his arms around her. A herd of centaurs couldn't separate the two. The former Slytherin was happy to be with his girl. He would live anywhere and any way, just as long as he didn't have to live without her. Chace would follow her into Hell if he had to. "Bias or no bias," he murmured, "It's true. And I'll beat the tar out of anyone who says otherwise!" That was saying a lot, since Chace was as wimpy as they come. Kat wore the pants, and Chace the skirt; possibly a skirt with some high heels and a purse.

"And I love you for that," she said sleepily as she planted a light kiss to his neck and she did love him for it. Of all the things in the world Kat knew that Chace wasn't one to get into a fight unless he felt he really needed to...it just wasn't in his nature. Fighting, whether physically or verbally, had always been more her thing, but her boyfriends words rang true to her...he'd protect her honor if he had to. Yawning widely she snuggled in as close as humanly possibly, losing herself in the warmth that was the man she loved. "Always and forever I love you with all my heart," Kat muttered in an almost whisper before sleep overtook her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back