Holland Manor: Sister get together ♥

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
A week had passed since Kasey had delivered her premature baby and it was today that her nine months of pregnancy officially would have got over. However Kasey's first child, Ethan Blake was all well and happy enjoying his new life. That was not the case with his mother. The past week had been the roughest of all, it had pain, suffering and complications. After discovering on her husband's betrayal, getting a premature baby and spending the whole week with tears and pain Kasey had become exhausted and tired. She was not speaking to Hadan Blake, her husband but the wife inside her wanted to forgive him for she knew that mistakes happened and he had learnt his lesson. Yet the truth about him sleeping with another woman was to painful. She did not know what to do.

After a lot of thinking she had written to her sister, Maddiie asking her to come to New Zealand for the weekend. It had been ages since she had last talked to her and she missed her dearly. She had heard from her mother that she too, was having ups and downs in her lives and Kasey thought it was about time the sisters helped out each other. Leaving a note to Hadan about her absence for the weekend she got ready.

Sadness or happiness didn't change her excellent fashion statement and now that she lived in Paris, the home to fashion all her clothes were directly from the designers. She apparated to the Holland manor with little Ethan who was soundly sleeping. She knocked at the main gate wondering if her mother would be at home.

Maddiie felt overwhelmed when she arrived at her parents' manor with luggage in hand that she actually told the driver to stop a few blocks down. It had been the same feeling that made her feel like crap. Stomach swirling with chaotic emotions, she had not set herself well to face her family again. She used the walk to calm her nerves down,praying they wouldn't be mad at her, wishing for a peaceful visit instead of wanting to hear how she abounded her daughter without reasoning. She kept telling them its her job, to explore different scenery and report back with the daily prophets. Now that she got a full story anyways, its like the same happenings all around the world. Everyone seem like a target to her, easy to exploit and use their crazed behavior for a really good story.

She just not the type of girl. Well till she felt the need to exploit someone, for now she would be playing along in her comfort zone. Just write a story and hope it get top reviews. Walking up towards the concrete walkways of her parents home, she saw a young brunette waiting outside her parents home. Maddiie stop, she notice the accessories of baby items lagging on to Kasey and the baby's pram. A smile crept up the familiar face of hers, Maddiie ran up to meet Kasey. Its been a while! Since she totally missed her entire pregnancy of the little baby. "Kasey!" she pause before her sister, wrapping her arms around her. "Oh my gosh, is that Ethan!? He's so cute!" she peaked over Ethan, he had hazel eyes like Hadan and black hair like Kasey. Maddiie let out a sweet cooed, "I can't believe it, he looks like the both of you"

Kasey was waiting to be let in when she heard a familiar voice, Maddiie's voice call her name. She turned around and smiled at her sister. She looked a bit grown up than the last time she had seen her which was at her wedding. She was careful not to crush Ethan's head while they hugged. The little boy seemed to feel the warmth of love and wake up to greet his aunt. "Ethan's just a week old" she said with a bright smile as she heard Maddiie say he looked like the both of them. She was right, he did have his father's eyes and her shade of hair. "You're lucky to have seen him awake, maybe he already likes his aunty too much" she said happily. "Because he sleeps like eighteen hours or more" she said as the main door opened and a house elf popped her head to see who had arrived.The elf bowed and greeted them as it announced that Lila was not at home.

"Oh I am glad" Kasey commented as she walked in levitating her luggage as her hands were occupied with Ethan. "I didn't want to face her right now" she told Maddiie. She told the elf to put her their luggage in the rooms. "Its so good to be here, its been more than a year since I last came home" she said sitting on the comforting sofa. She placed Ethan in her lap and looked up at Maddiie. She knew that behind the smiles were the tears and sadness, it was same for both of them. "Maddiie, how have you been?"she asked concerned about her sister. "You know you can tell me anything" she said with a smile as she held Maddiie's hand in hers.

Maddiie held onto her sister gently, noticing he were an a carry-on and not a pram. How daft can she mixed this up, especially when she had a baby herself. She was greeted by Kasey, sort of dried and the same time warm. The warm familiar faces lifted to look at Kasey smile. An a year a lot of things change, she could tell without asking. "Well I'm glad to see that he's awake, must be sleepy from all the nursing you give him" she laughed, Ethan eyes looking back at her, it felt the same. Like their eyes were just to innocent for the world. She couldn't stare at them for to long, she missed the eyes of her little blondie boo. "Hello Hagi" she greeted their house elf. He took away their belongings, before they walked away into the living room area. Kasey taking Maddiie hand, she already asking about the divorce. "Whoa Kasey, let's not be negative today. We just got here and you want to know what's not good for us.." Maddiie looked down, she didn't know what to say. She had thought with Kasey it would be okay, but its not. They haven't spoken to each other over a year, let alone did she knew her sister was having a child till couple months later. "You should really tell me how perfect your life been?" she smile, its not about me. Its about the baby, don't want it to be about me she thought to herself.

Kasey cuddled Ethan as they sat on the couch and then gave her to Maddiie because it seemed like the baby wanted to be in his aunt’s arms. “I’m more confused as to whether I am sleepier or he. I woke up five times last night to attend him” she said with a smile which soon disappeared. The past four days, after she was back from the hospital she was sleeping in the guest room because she had told Hadan that she needed time to think. The memory of waking up in the middle of the night with no Hadan by her side reminded her of the reasons of her sadness.

Kasey didn’t want to be negative but something told her that her negative and Maddiie’s negative would bring out a positive, like in math. She was the younger sister and she had always confided in Maddiie and when she was asked about her perfect life she laughed. It was a hollow laugh, one without humor. “My life is far from perfect” she told Maddiie. “So much has happened in the past week…I don’t know where to start" she said as she took the coffee that Hagi had brought for them. Ethan was moving his arms around Maddiie’s face, exploring the new person in front of him. “We are very lucky to have him because I had a cesarean delivery” she told her sister as she took a sip of the hot coffee. It did soothe her throat but didn’t bring her the peace she wanted.

Maddiie took hold of small little Ethan. He smell intoxicating, its something about new born that they smelled so good. She just couldn't describe him, he nestle in her arms just right. Maddiie smile widly at her little nephew, he was just to adorable for any words. "Its like that you know, getting up every three hours just to attend to them" Ethan moved his little lips at her, he couldn't be he was actually here. Maddiie thought more about Delillah, she looked back at Kasey. She really did love her daughter, others just didn't see it that way. Maddiie shouldn't have to show what she already knew, she was starting to careless what people think. But than she wouldn't be a columnist for the daily prophets. "C-section? Oh that's awful? Why didn't you go to st.mungos up there?" she asked her dear sister. It must've been an emergency than, she shook her head disappointed about her sister first delivery.

"Why do you speak with such sadness Kasey? I'm the one that should be feeling like hell. I left my husband before the age of twenty-one. If anything you should be cheerful?" she tried to smile, but her eyes water slightly from thinking about Alexander. She loved him more than life. Though it seems like he had loved life and the world more than Maddiie. She would never regret him, she will always have a part of him no matter. She just couldn't continue to live a life alone and with her daughter lingering, just didn't seem right in her situation. "Tell me what's wrong?" she asked her sister, her eyes mystic with bit of witness. She hope its nothing bad, that what happen isn't much she would need to worry about when she took back to the states.

Kasey watched her hands for something to do because she was to sad to look into her sister's eyes. She hadn't know what Maddiie had recently gone through because they hadn't been in touch due to her pregnancy and therefore in her eyes she was the only one that had problems. "It was an emergency and well I wasn't even sure if I was going to have him and the nine months got over today so it was a week early, he was premature and I was too exhausted and became unconscious" she explained to her sister as she took another sip of her coffee.

She looked up as she heard Maddiie say that she had a divorce. She couldn't believe her ears because she had always thought that Maddiie and Alex were the best couple ever and especially cause they were bonded with Delillah. "Oh, Maddiie, I am so sorry. I didn't know..." she said as she gave her sister a hug hoping she would be forgiven. "I was so busy with my things and I didn't keep in touch..." she said apologizing. "Why does all bad things happen to our family?" she asked sadly as she wiped away the tears that were forming in her eyes. "Why did you guys separate?" she asked wondering what could possibly separate a lovely couple like theirs.

She drank more coffee, it was giving her energy to talk and not start crying. "Well, you know...I had complications because I was in shock" she started to explain. "Just that morning...a guy...Riley Smith came met me in a mall. He said he was from New Zealand and he was first acting as a stranger" she told her and then the part that came infront was too bad to talk about but she had to do this and get a grip on herself. "And he said that he and his wife were divorced...because Hadan..Hadan slept with his wife" she said this and than broke into sobs. Little Ethan was wondering what was going on and why no one was giving him any attention.

Maddiie held onto her sister, more than anything they needed each other. She couldn't believe what Kasey told her about Hadan, and Riley she knew him. She met him a couple time, in fact the first time she met him she was pregnant with Delilah. "I'm so so so sorry Kasey, I just didn't know how to tell you. I was gonna tell you. I was just thinking of the best time to tell you.." she said, fresh tears smeared her makeup. She hated crying, because it reminded her so much of what was lost and forgotten. Like her life just been nothing but regrets and mistakes. She hated the feeling of regret come in mind. "I don't know how it happen, I just ask to be separated and he sort of just left anyways" she shrugged, she still had Ethan in her arms.
Maddiie been careful not to hurt her nephew. "I'm so sorry about Hadan. I'm sure he still loves you, I wouldn't think of him being with anyone else but you..." she continued to say while hugging her sister. "Who's the girl? What's her name? I know Riley perhaps I know her..?" Maddiie asked her. Maybe she could get to the bottom of this, make things better for him. "How are things since he's told you?" she wonder her thoughts out loud.

Kasey cried her heart out to her sister and cried for the loss her sister had gone through as well. She heard as Maddiie said how she and Alex had separated. She couldn't believe what she heard, the guy who had loved her sister so mad had just left her ? How cruel could the world get? She tried to comfort herself as Maddiie said that Hadan still loved her and would want to be with her, that's what he had said as well, but was it true? In all this crying, Ethan got confused and started crying as well. Kasey remembered that she was a mother now and wiped away her tears as she took her baby into her hands and tried to comfort him.
"I think her name is Adele" was all she was able to say about the woman who had slept with her husband because just the thought of her made Kasey very angry.

"Well, it was worse at first" she begun as she remembered her complicated delivery and the day that followed when she lay unconscious. "Hadan apologized to me and said that he wanted me and Ethan and for us to be a family" she added with a smile on those words. "But Maddiiie, I don't know if ..I can trust him. He didn't want Ethan the whole time and he kept it hidden from me. I couldn't pay attention to him because of my pregnancy and his work in New Zealand has drifted us apart. What if he only said that to make me happy?" she asked her sister as she drank some coffee hoping it would help in calming her.

Maddiie passed over Ethan. I can't believe Hadan would this to Kasey..Its like if no one cared anymore..like he just gave up on his family..maybe I'm wrong about him, she kept her thoughts to herself. She wanted to voice them, to tell her sister what happen may happen again. Still, being Maddiie just never been so estranged from her. All that she been through with herself and family..Is this my life for enterity? No happiness just plain misery? Again she fail to speak. She just held her sister hand, held her close while she cried. Maddiie tears flow down silently while her sister cried her tears out. She wanted more than anything to be here for her loving sister. "I know, trust is so hard. I just can't believe it happen to you.....Adele, she said silently. I know who she is...I know Adele.. Is she really the same girl? She had to rethink about this, not tell Kasey nothing yet...at least not for now. "You just have to be strong for Ethan now. Hadan and you can go to consulting, it helps. I heard their more healer at St.Mungos who can help. But its just spiritual healing and effort from the both of you. Don't give up easily like I did Kasey... she looked from the side to Kasey. She wish she hadn't done so easily, but now its to late. Alexander long gone, Maddiie here. Nothing worth going back after the love been broken, unless you were like Kasey and Hadan. Still able to repair, its not to late for them.

Kasey tried to calm down. She reminded herself that she had forgiven Hadan, it was her stupid brain that was doubting her husband and she had to turn it off because she loved him from her heart, no brain needed. She heard Maddiie's advice about consulting in St.Mungo's, she would try that. She was also going to try to get a job in NewZealand Ministry because that would help her and Hadan to be closer during work hours and not make a gap between them. "You're right, I won't give up" she said being optimistic. She drank some more coffee and watched Ethan doze off to sleep.

"Isn't there something we can do for you? Have you tried to talk to Alex after that?"she asked Maddiie, deeply concerned.Having a sister divorced at twenty was painful and she wanted to help Maddiie if she could for she knew how lonely one could get at times and how that could lead them to do wrong.

"Hey I'm just being your sister. Sometimes I may be wrong though so just follow what you were born with" she couldn't give good clear advice when she been incomplete to follow her own advice. "Take your time too..for the best of Ethan...he's just so damn cute.." Maddiie cooed sweetly at her baby nephew. She wanted more to pay attention to him than have Kasey ask about her relationship with Alexander. "Its over. No going back" she shrug acting as if she didn't care. When you file for divorce, that's when you know its done. "Hey, besides all this, how are you? Been happy being an auruor?" Maddiie asked her sister out loud..

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry didn't see that you reply, :D if you want to start another finding about Maddiie's change we can do it right after? Let me know..

Kasey nodded being glad that she had come to meet Maddiie because it was only family that understood you and helped you out in time of need. She smiled as she watched Ethan sleeping, she had to pull this together for all of them but more of Ethan. She finished her coffee as she watched Maddiie shrug as she talked about her marriage being over. Kasey could only pray that Maddiie's could have another better love life and find the man who would love her more and never leave her.

"Yeah" she said with a grin as the topic was changed to work. "I have had a leave for this month but I'll be starting back again after two weeks" she informed Maddiie with a smile. "It occupies much of my time but I love it but recently I have been thinking that maybe I should apply as Auror here in NewZealand, that would make Hadan and me close during work hours as well" she told Maddiie about her idea but getting accepted here was difficult, but she could always try.

OOCOut of Character:
yeah once we finish the convo, we'll put it two weeks later and continue :D

"Can't say I saw this day coming. You've always been tough than any of the older ravenclaw we knew at Hogwart so I guess its no surprise?.." Maddiie said this meaning her words. Kasey always been tough and her being an auruor came as shock, but someone in the family had to do it. "Good luck transferring! Though the means being here all the time now? Why not just move here if it become a hassle?" Maddiie recommended, her back reclining against the sofa. Its been a long morning, being able to relax for a couple hours ever came her way when she was working in America. New Zealand everything more slow paced and Maddiie never felt the need to be an a rush. Especially amongst many wizard and witches. Everything easy when you were around your own kind and didn't have to hide the magic you already knew.

Still its New Zealand. Bad and good memories surround her thoughts wherever she went. She come here just to visit and than flee when it became overwhelming. Its like to much of New Zealand made her sick, otherwise it had been her home at one point in her life. The second longest home she been in. "Do you think Hadan wouldn't mind? I don't think he would reject to that idea..." she warm her with a smile of less doubts. He loved her and Maddiie was sure he wouldn't mind his wife working in the same location as him.

Kasey smiled warmly at her sister, she felt much better now after having her advice. "I don't know, we'll consider it" she said with a smile. She didn't mind coming to settle here after all she loved New Zealand but she didn't know if Hadan was okay with that. "I don't think he'll mind my transfer, in fact I think he'll be happy but I cannot be so sure about the same happiness in the matter of settling here" she said a little unsure about Hadan's reaction.

Both sisters ended up chatting for the rest of the afternoon. Laughing, crying, enjoying each other company, even staying for a whole week with their parents like old time sakes....

Several Weeks Later, Maddiie seem more tired and sore than most days. Her eyes were watered while the skin underneath them drag almost leaving dark circles behind. Other than her eyes and her constant times of her nodding off she looked okay but she didn't feel okay. By the time she got to her parents house that afternoon, she hope Kasey was there waiting for her. Maddiie's parents knew but they felt it was up to her to tell anyone else. That's why Delilah couldn't be with her for a while, that's why she cried wishing to be with Delilah her baby girl. Things just happen, Maddiie waited on the couch, almost close to falling asleep once more. Till Hagi came trying to wake her up.

Kasey was back in New Zealand after a few months wanting to spend another weekend with her family. Everything between her and Hadan had been resolved and Ethan was the happiest child who was being spoilt by both his parents. This week she had left him home with Hadan who was having a leave at the Ministry so he could spend some time relaxing at home with his son. Apparating to New Zealand she knew she was a little late and she hoped that she hadn't kept her siblings waiting too long. She beamed at her house elf and at her sister Maddiie who seemed to be sleeping. "Hey there sleepy head" she said greeting as she ruffled her sister's head. "The Prophet sending you out on late night stories?"she asked her with a grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back