OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Today was the day that Elly had been waiting for. Sophie would be coming over and they would have a nice sleepover. Elly had been prepared, almost overly prepared, nothing could or would go wrong today. Her dad had bought a house with a large fireplace so Elly could use the floo-powder network to go to her mother. It would come in handy today as well, Sophie could also use the front door since that still existed too. Elly wondered if Sophie had ever been to a muggle home and had tried to hide all the odd things that could scare her. Her dad was at work and would come back in the evening. While her dad was at work Elly had made two beds in the living room for them to sleep in.

Yesterday she had baked a cake with her dad, not that she was a good baker, but it tasted somewhat decent. She wasn't allowed to do magic so there was no chance she could magically upgrade the cake. Her dad had brought muggle candy and chips and that was currently laying in the cupboard for them to snack on. Everything was ready the sleepover only missed the most important guest. Elly decided to some last preparations and then the waiting game started.

Sophie wasn't sure what had possessed her. Why had she agreed to meet Elly over the holidays? To sleep over at her house? It wasn't that she didn't want to, but Sophie didn't think she was the right person for this. Sleepovers were supposed to be fun, and Sophie never really brought the fun to any party. Not to mention, Elly's father might find her weird, which might make Elly not want to be her friend anymore. She felt very anxious as she got ready to use the floo system, wondering if Elly would hate her if she called it off.

But she couldn't. Amber was also on a sleepover and her parents were out tonight, she was sure they wouldn't allow her to stay on her own even if she was already thirteen. With a heavy sigh, she threw powder in the fire, said the address Elly had given her and stepped into the flames.

When she emerged with her bag, she looked around cautiously. The house was really nice, and she immediately felt like she didn't belong here.She quickly dusted off her clothes, before her eye fell on Elly. She waved awkwardly. "Hi, I'm here." she said, though that much was obvious.

Sophie could come over any moment and Elly was stressing a bit, she didn't think it was good enough and hoped that Sophie liked everything. The worst possible outcome was that they would fight over petty things that would ruin their friendship. Elly sighed and walked up and down in the living room for the fiftieth time today. The fireplace made a familiar sound and Elly looked up. There was her special guest and Elly was excited. ''You made it'' Elly said in the most excited tone. She was so happy her friend came and didn't bail on her. This was her first sleepover ever since she didn't have any friends before Hogwarts.

Elly wanted to hug Sophie, but she knew Sophie liked her space. ''Welcome Sop'' Elly paused ''Dad isn't at home so we have the place to ourselves'' Which happened a lot lately, it almost seemed like her dad was never home. Luckily Elly could cook and sustain herself, but it wasn't always fun to be home alone. ''What do you want to drink?'' Her dad and she didn't know what Sophie liked so they brought just about everything there was. ''We almost bought the store out, so we got everything.'' Elly almost said in embarrassment.

When Sophie got her drink Elly pointed to one of the beds in the living room. ''You can put your stuff on that bed it is yours'' Elly smiled. She hoped that she wouldn't come over as pushy on Sophie. It was odd that she and Sophie worked together. They had such different personalities. ''We can do a game if you want?'' Elly paused ''We say a subject and then have to draw it and when we are done we explain why we drew it?'' It sounded like something Sophie could enjoy as well. Painting nails and putting on make up didn't seem something like Sophie was into. ''Or what do you want to do?'' Elly decided to wait with the cake since Sophie had just arrived, this was going to be amazing.

Sophie had never been at a sleepover before and only had vague ideas of what happened at once. She figured Elly would know, though, and she'd just follow her lead. At least, as long as they did fun things. She was kind of relieved to hear that her father was out, as she had been a bit intimidated by the idea of meeting him. At least that would be a little bit later now. "Hey. I did make it." She said, trying not to look anxious as she looked around. "I don't mind, some juice is fine." She nearly said pumpkin juice, but remembered at the last moment muggles didn't have that, and this was definitely a very muggle house.

She obediently placed her things on the bed Elly pointed out, feeling a little awkward. She was glad she offered to play a game. "That sounds like fun, I brought my art supplies." She said, nodding at a bag she had with her sketchbook and pencils in it. She took out her new colored pencils to show her friend.

Elly was so happy that Sophie had made it and didn't bail on her. When she asked for some juice Elly grabbed a bottle of it from the fridge and poured in two glasses. She placed both glasses on the end table in the living room. When Sophie mentioned she brought her art supplies Elly got excited. She had enough here if Sophie missed some, but your own supplies always worked the best. Elly started to set up everything and had to restrain herself from singing from excitement. ''How is your holiday going so far?'' Elly asked while grabbing her pencils and sketchpad from the nearest drawer.

From the living room she walked back to the kitchen and grabbed a plate of cookies. She didn't even know Sophie had allergies so she had bought allergen free cookies. Elly was overly prepared and a slight blush appeared on her face.

''What should the first subject be?'' Elly thought back to the time Sophie was working on her book characters. They looked so nice filled with fantasy elements. Elly couldn't even get a simple fantasy character on paper, so Sophie got a large advantage in that topic.

Sophie thanked Elly quietly for the juice but snorted at her first question. "They're fine now. It was really boring before." She said curtly, rolling her eyes. "Being cooped up with my sister is the worst, but at least she's also at a friend's house now." It must be very quiet at home now without their bickering. "What about yours?" She asked, knowing it was only polite to ask in return.

She took a cookie and nibbled on it, though she wondered what kind it was. She thought about a subject for their drawings for a little while before settling on one. It wasn't something that came as naturally to Elly, but she hoped her friend would appreciate the challenge. "What about something creepy? See who does it better?" She asked with a grin. "And no, a drawing of my face doesn't count." She joked. "Just something spooky, you know?" Suddenly she wasn't so sure it was a good idea. What if Elly hated it? Besides, it was her house. Shouldn't she get to pick? "Or something else, whatever you feel like." She muttered, looking down at her sketchpad.

It seemed that Sophie and her sister still weren't the best of friends.
But what did you expect from two siblings that couldn't be more different than they were already. Elly was glad her holiday wasn't as boring as it was going and somehow she felt relief. ''It is decent, I am glad you are here, best thing to happen in my holiday'' Elly smiled and grabbed a cookie. She started to nibble on the corners which she always did.

When Sophie suggested something creepy, Elly had to think really hard. She had never drawn something creepy, since she was used to drawing landscapes. Elly was thinking about something she could make, when Sophie said she couldn't draw her face. ''Ah, damn you just spoiled my idea.'' Elly pouted and after a couple seconds had passed she poked her tongue out. Sophie definitely wasn't creepy, grumpy sometimes yes. ''Creepy sounds amazing'' Elly smiled ''And I am going to try to make something that breathes out creepy''

Elly started to draw a giant sewer rat and a zombie that had the rat on a leach. It was something new and Elly actually enjoyed drawing things she wasn't used to. ''What are you most looking forward to at Hogwarts?'' Elly muttered mid-drawing. Eating cookies and drawing wasn't the best combination and soon her sketchpad was filled with cookie crumbs.

Sophie wasn't sure if Elly was entirely truthful when she said Sophie's visit was the best thing to happen for the entire holiday, but it pleased her to hear it nonetheless. She felt flattered, she couldn't help it. She bit down on another cookie, enjoying the relaxed atmosphere between her and Elly.

She was glad Elly didn't mind her idea, and even said it sounded amazing. Her suspicious mind wondered for a moment if it was sarcastic, but that didn't seem to be the case. She smirked. "There's no way you can outdo me in this, I'm way better at dark and mysterious than you." She teased."You're too sweet and peppy for creepy." She started to draw a gaunt creature with dark, black and empty eyes. She tried to make it look almost skeletal, though she wasn't sure how well she was succeeding. Elly's question made her pause. "Well, first not to hear Amber prattle on about her prefect position. But aside from that... just hanging out with you guys." She said with a shrug. It wasn't easy for the girl to admit, but she really liked her friends and enjoyed spending time with them.

The drawing wasn't going as well as she had hoped. She knew Sophie was creating a masterpiece and here she was with some black scribbles. Elly picked up her stubbed eraser and started to furiously attack her paper. Sophie would normally only see the best of Elly, but if Elly her drawings were not going as she hoped she got kind of furious at the paper.

When Sophie talked about outdoing her in the dark and mysterious drawing theme Elly had to smile. She was absolutely right, but Elly wasn't going to sign her defeat early. Elly started over and she could only hope the eraser scratches wouldn't show through her drawing. ''Maybe you are right, maybe you aren't'' Elly muttered. Her confidence in this subject wasn't really growing.

Elly took another nibble of her cookie and tried to think of something to make it better. ''That sounds like fun'' Elly said sarcastic, she had seen Sophie her sister once or twice, but they seemed so different. ''I look forward to the stuff with friends the most as well'' Elly admitted ''All electives and Quidditch are going to be killer''

Sophie's drawing wasn't going too well, as she had accidentally rubbed her hand over some of the lines and blurred them. Part of her wanted to start over but that felt like cheating. With a scowl, she tried to fix it. After boasting to Elly about winning for sure, it would suck if her drawing was ugly, and not in a creepy way that was on purpose. She kind of enjoyed sitting here with her friend, both focused and concentrating on their drawings.

She was glad Elly didn't really seem to think being cooped up with Amber was fun. "She's kind of obnoxious lately, oh wait, she has been for most of her life." She muttered. In truth, she was glad her sister was happy with her position, but already knew she wasn't going to follow her footsteps even though Amber seemed to hope for that. If anyone in their year would be prefect in a few years it would be Elly, or perhaps Veronica or Phoebe. Not her. And she didn't mind that. What she minded was being compared unfavorably to Amber once again by others. She raised her eyebrow at Elly. "Are you saying you picked all electives?" She asked her friend. "If that's the case, you're totally crazy."

Sophie was definitely better in drawing creepy and Elly didn't know what to do with the subject. Everything she made still looked nice and fluffy. Then an idea sparked into her head and Elly giggled out loud. She slipped her old drawing over and stared at a new blank space. Elly was now furiously drawing on the paper and hoped she could get it done somewhat on time. Not that this was timed, but she wasn't going to draw for ten hours on this portrait.

Elly hoped Sophie could see the joke in her drawing. Elly laughed when Sophie said Amber had been obnoxious her whole life. ''I am glad I don't have any annoying siblings'' Elly smiled. ''Luckily you only see Amber at home, Hogwarts is big enough to avoid each other.'' Elly muttered and drew more of the distinguished features of this person. It was going well, but she wasn't going to finish it properly. When Sophie seemed shocked that she had picked all electives Elly smiled. ''Well, everything sounded so interesting and I didn't want to drop anything.'' Elly paused ''So I kind of picked everything.'' Elly found decision making rather hard to do and especially with something important as this. Everything seemed to be important, so she just picked it all. ''What did you pick and drop then?'' Elly wondered which subjects Sophie deemed unworthy of her time.

When her drawing took shape Elly got more excited and couldn't wait to show Sophie. She wanted to see if she thought it was as funny as Elly thought it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back