Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Hawthorn Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Plot ID : #110484

Ares was glad to finally be on a break. He was happy that his OWL exams were over and just wanted this year to be able to relax a little. He had obviously planned something with Jordie however to pass the time before they had to go back to school. The teen was a little reluctant to go back to France, but he would do it for Jordie, just like he would do anything else for that boy. He knew he was infatuated by him, but was proud of himself for not accidentally letting it slip throughout the whole time they had been friends. The anonymous rose had been a mistake, but that was in the past now, and hopefully Jordie wasn’t held up on it anymore either.

It was Jordie’s idea to go exploring, and so of course Ares followed him through a forest that he had never been to before, not knowing what lay ahead of them. “What do you think we will find here?” Ares asked, pushing a branch out of his way as he walked along the dirt ground. He kept looking at his feet and treading carefully, not wanting to fall over any loose roots or rocks in the ground.

Jordie had absolutely shifted into trying to woo Ares. The notes weren't going anywhere, so after much, much thought, Jordie thought a romantic French adventure would be a great way to set the mood. He'd talked to Onyx, and after making sure the gps on his phone was on and Onyx could access it from his in case they got lost, Jordie and Ares had set off. After all, Onyx had fallen in love with Jamie in France, so surely Jordie could pull it off too, right? He followed along with Ares through the woods, smiling warmly. "I don't know, but it's really nice out, isn't it?" Jordie smiled over at his friend.

Ares was not surprised by Jordie's words as they walked through the forest. He always seemed to find the best in everything, not matter how uncertain the future was. "Not gonna lie Jordie, it's a little... mysterious out here don't you think?" he said, a little nervous as he stayed close to his friend. He didn't want to explicitly say that however, feeling that Jordie may judge him. It would be a long journey ahead of them though, wherever they were headed. Ares was just starting to not have a good feeling about it the more that they walked along. He tried his best to be positive though, just like Jordie was being. "Oooo... what if we discover something, like, a new creature or something? That would be pretty cool." Ares thought about it in his head how famous they could get if they ever came across something like that. A creature with tentacles and antlers, beaks and flippers... the possibilities were endless.

Jordie tried not to let the shadows in the woods get to him and unthinkingly reached out for Ares' hand. "Well stay close to me, yeah? Who knows whats out here," He laughed lightly. He stepped through the trees and spotted an old cabin. He hesitated, stepping closer to Ares. "...What are the chances that thing is haunted?" He asked in a stage whisper.

Ares held Jordie's hand tight as they walked, feeling a lot safer knowing that Jordie wasn't so far away. "Well, doesn't mean the creatures would be dangerous." he said, mostly to himself than Jordie. He didn't really want to admit how scared he was. "We could meet something friendly maybe. Not everything is evil." He wanted to reassure himself the most as he wasn't sure how much longer he could go without breaking down and screaming. He kept his breaths steady, despite how hard it was to walk in the uneven dirt and over the tree branches that stuck out of the ground.

As they came across an old cabin, Ares felt his heart beat against his chest as he looked at the spider webs that surrounded the dirty windows. "Umm..." Ares said, resisting the urge to tell Jordie to turn back around with him. "N-no, it surely isn't haunted. It's probably just... someone's house or something. Nothing to worry about." Jordie wondered who on earth would be living there in that cabin, but didn't want to think about it too much. He wanted to keep walking however, but his feet were planted. He was so on edge that he could no longer move and he wanted Jordie to carry him the rest of the way.

Jordie was holding onto Ares' arm as they walked. "Maybe we shouldn't have come," He whispered. "Those two boys got expelled for the basilisk they let out in the forest last year, remember?" Jordie murmured. "And that Gryffindor girl got petrified, do you remember that?" He shuddered. "Can you imagine, if you found me like that?" He swallowed nervously, shaking his head and holding tighter to the arm he held. "Or worse, if I found you,"

Jordie cleared his throat, trying to ignore the mental image he'd conjured up. He almost froze into Ares' side. "Live there?! Ares, no one lives there!" He hissed, before swallowing nervously. "I mean... let's... let's go look, I'm sure its just some hollow cabin, there's nothing inside." He was trying to sound brave, not wanting Ares to realize how afraid he was.

As Jordie went over what happened last year in the forest at Hogwarts, it definitely reassured Ares that they should not be in the forest anymore. They should go back to Onyx's house right away. "Jordie, I-I don't want to imagine that." Ares said shakily, balling his hands into fists as he felt every part of him tense up at the thought of it. "Yeah okay, let's go back now. You're right. I don't have a good feeling about this." Ares made to turn around, not wanting to risk it anymore.

Jordie was only half listening to Ares, determined now and focusing on how to make his feet work. He slipped his arm gently from Ares', and trying to act so much braver than he felt, Jordie had started forward, making it to the door of the house before realizing he was alone. He stopped with his hand on the door knob, turning wide-eyed to look for Ares.

When Ares felt that Jordie was no longer there, he quickly turned around to find the boy at the door of the cabin. "No! What are you doing!?" Ares exclaimed. He felt himself getting angry. "Jordie, didn't we just agree that we should go back?" Instinctively, Ares headed towards Jordie, wanting to protect him if something were to jump out of the cabin. There was no way Ares was going to let him go in there alone.

Jordie didn't hear Ares scolding him, only seeing the other boy coming up the steps. He put on his best brave face, trying to impress Ares. Nothing else Jordie had done had worked so far, maybe this would get Ares' attention, make him see Jordie differently. Jordie gave a shaky smile. "It can't be that bad, right?" He asked, opening the door slowly and looking inside. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Just a lot of dusty, breaking apart furniture. "This isn't too bad..." He offered, stepping inside slowly and starting to look around.

Ares held his breath as Jordie opened the door, expecting whoever lived there to jump out in front of them. It was quiet though, all except for a small knocking sound that Ares could only hear ever so faintly. The furniture was old, breaking, and more spider webs were around. It smelt old too, and Ares had to pinch his nose a little as he walked along the creaking floorboards. He was curious now as the knocking sound became a little louder as he walked to a door on the other side of the room. Ares kept quiet however, but despite how scared he was before, he was growing more and more curious. While Jordie was having a look around, Ares put his hand out to open the other door where he was sure the sound was coming from. When he did, he noticed inside the room nothing but a large cupboard that was moving from side to side, rocking back and forth as if something inside it was trying to get out. Ares froze, too scared now to turn back around and run away.

Suddenly, the doors of the cupboard swung right open in a blast and a gust of wind through the open windows behind it blew his hair right back. From inside the cupboard a beaten and bruised version of Jordie stepped out. "You did this to me." it said, its voice echoing through Ares's ears. Blood ran down Jordie's face as he walked closer to him. "No..." Ares said, a tear falling down his cheek. He had just seen Jordie in the other room. Why was he in the cupboard? Why did he look like this? Ares felt like he was dreaming, but his head was also spinning and he felt it throbbing against his skull. "Jordie, nn-o... NO!" he exclaimed as he sobbed. He kneeled down and covered his hands with his ears, just wanting this to all be over.

Jordie was looking about, not noticing that Ares had slipped away until he heard the shout. Jordie ran towards the sound, bursting in to see Ares kneeling, sobbing, and covering his ears. Jordie stepped forward immediately, before spotting- himself? It was creepy, and met his own eyes, before stumbling forward and throwing himself between Ares and- well, himself. Jordie was just reaching for his wand when his other self tilted its head, smiling wickedly.

Before Jordie could grip his wand, the thing had morphed. It morphed through several forms, several people, the voices shifting and changing to match each one. "Did you really think anyone could want you? You aren't good enough, you're trash, you're nothing," The boggart spoke, shifting through everyone that mattered to him. Onyx, Sapphire, James, Colin, Linden, Weston, Kiara, Kaia, Amelie.

And then it settled into the form of Ares, sneering, mocking, looking at him coldly. "Did you honestly think I could ever care for you? YOU? You're pathetic, worthless, a piece of garbage, I will NEVER love you," Not Ares sneered. Wide-eyed, hurt, shaken, Jordie stumbled back, falling onto his ass beside Ares and scrambling back, tears in his eyes.

When Onyx had texted Jordie and the boy didn't respond in ten minutes- which was really very unlike the kid- Onyx got a bad feeling. He looked at the boys gps- what on earth were they doing there? Onyx apparated to the woods nearby, slowly stepping in. In his haste, he hadn't noticed he'd grabbed Jamie's wand. Onyx's eyes widened when he heard the boys in distress and he rushed in to see them at the mercy of a boggart.

Onyx whipped out his wand, stepping in front of the boys so as not to hit them. The boggart immediately shifted into Jamie, but Onyx didn't bother waiting. He already knew what it would say. "Riddikulus!" He boomed, his voice unusually deep in his seriousness. The boggart shifted into a circus clown, riding on a unicycle and juggling. Onyx laughed, and the beast retreated back into the closet. Onyx cast a few locking and binding charms, before turning and kneeling down. "Come on you two, lets go home," He reached out to place a hand on each boys shoulder.

As the real Jordie entered the room, Ares couldn't help but be a little confused. How was this happening? Was Ares dreaming? As he stepped towards the fake Jordie, it morphed into someone else, then someone else again. Some people Ares recognised and others he didn't. They were being mean to Jordie and calling him names, and Ares almost stepped up to stand up for Jordie until it changed into himself. Ares was confused. What was this thing? It was like Ares was looking in the mirror, and he couldn't quite understand why.

As Onyx rushed in, Ares watched as it turned into someone else. This time it was Onyx's husband. It only became apparent to Jordie what the beast was when Onyx had got rid of it. "Wait- That was a boggart? How!?" he exclaimed. His boggart was not Jordie. His boggart was a werewolf. At least it was a couple of years ago when he had learnt about them at school. Why would his boggart be Jordie? Suddenly Ares was a little embarrassed. Now Jordie probably knew how much he meant to him. "I'm sorry." he said, both to Jordie and Onyx. It was all his fault that they even ran into it.

Jordie nearly jumped out of his skin when Onyx rushed in, quickly dispatching with the boggart before turning to them. Jordie let out a soft sigh, rubbing his cheek against Onyx's hand and quietly reaching out to try and take Ares' hand. "Boggarts change," He answered softly, guessing what Ares was thinking. "They take the shape of your biggest fear when you face them, not our biggest fears from class a few years ago," He explained, letting Onyx help him up before offering his hands to Ares. "Don't apologize," He managed shakily. "It- it's my fault, I thought... I thought if I was brave and came in here it would impress you," he explained softly.

Well, this is an interesting development. Onyx thought to himself, watching the boys. He pulled Jordie to his feet, let Jordie pull up Ares, and after a moment held out each of his hands. "Come on then, I'll apparate us back to the house," He motioned for the boys to get closer, needing them next to him so he could apparate them safely.

Ares just nodded as Jordie explained it. It made sense, especially since Ares didn't know Jordie a couple of years ago when he first had to face a boggart. Ares frowned at Jordie's words. "You don't need to impress me Jordie. You scared me. I thought if I didn't come in here with you that something might happen to you." Ares said. He was happy when Onyx said he would apparate them back to the house. He stood next to him. "Thanks Onyx, I appreciate it."

Jordie didn't miss that Ares didn't take his hand, and he dropped them back to his sides. He looked away, properly ashamed as Ares chastised him. He didn't say anything else, his stomach twisted in knots, and just settled into Onyxs' side. When they were apparated, and Onyx had stepped away to find Jamie and ask about notifying the ministry of the boggart, Jordie didn't know how to face Ares again. He stared at the floor, guilt and shame mixing into a pit in the bottom of his stomach he couldn't shake. Jordie managed another bashful apology, and mad at himself, shuffled up to his room, laying down and just staring at the wall. He knew technically that dinner was soon, but he wasn't hungry.

Ares was relieved when Onyx had apparated them back. He had to notify the Ministry about the boggart, which was understandable, so Ares let him walk through to Jamie so they could talk about it. Ares then turned to Jordie to see how he was doing, but before the Slytherin could say anything, Jordie was heading to his bedroom. He was clearly upset, and suddenly Ares thought it was all his fault, but he wasn't sure why. He tentatively followed Jordie there. He hoped the boy wouldn't kick him out as soon as he entered. As he stood at the door, he noticed Jordie lying in his bed facing the wall. Without saying anything, Ares walked forward and climbed in there with him, embracing him tightly. It was his way of apologising, and he hoped Jordie would understand.

Jordie tensed for a brief moment when he felt Ares climb in bed with him, but quickly relaxed, rolling over to burrow into the boy. He nuzzled his face against Ares', sighing. "I'm sorry," He whispered, tears falling gently down his face. "This is all my fault, I'm so sorry." He apologized, clinging to Ares. "I should never have gone in there, I'm sorry," He whispered.

The boy was crying, and this made Ares hold him even closer, just wanting him to stop. Ares hated seeing his friend cry. He suddenly realised his words from before were probably what made him so sad and Ares couldn't help but feel a little guilty. It explained why Jordie was upset all of a sudden. "You've got nothing to apologise for. It's okay to be a little curious sometimes. I did the same thing when I came across the boggart. Sorry for being a d*** and saying what I said." he said with a sigh, holding Jordie's head against his chest.

Jordie held tighter to Ares, sniffling. "You were right," he whispered, his fingers digging gently into Ares' shoulders as Jordie started to cry in earnest, burying his face in Ares' neck and sobbing. He never wanted to run into anything like that ever again. Even if deep down he was just happy that Ares had been with him through it all.

Ares was quick to shake his head as Jordie said he was right. "No, I definitely was not. It was not right of me to speak to you like that... I guess I was just so caught up in the moment... so... scared." Ares mumbled the last bit. It felt weird admitting it, but he couldn't help but be truthful to Jordie. After all, he suspected that Jordie probably felt the same way. "But, look, it's over now. And Onyx is going to deal with the boggart now and hopefully the Ministry can get rid of it."

Jordie nuzzled into Ares, sniffling and trying to calm down. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" Jordie asked. "I- I don't want to be alone," He whispered, not realizing as he said it the double meaning in his words. He cried softly, pressing his face into Ares' neck. "I can- I can do better, I promise, I'll be better," He whispered. "Don't leave me," he pleaded, barely audible.

Ares quickly nodded as Jordie asked to sleep with him. "Of course." he said softly. "I'm not going anywhere until you feel good again." As Jordie insisted he could be better, Ares sighed. "There's no way you could be any better when you're already the best." he replied with a smirk, tucking a curl behind Jordie's ear. He didn't like when Jordie was a little self-deprecating and he hoped his words and his reassurance were making him feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back