Hold My Breath

Sophia Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Wand
Carved 13 Inch Whippy Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
While she had been down in the entrance hall, someone had told Sophia that the last person on her list was a Gryffindor, and though she didn't relish the climb back up to the top of the castle Sophia knew she had to see this through to the end. It wouldn't hurt to try and find the girl on the way up though, and she revelled in the breath of fresh air only asking for name gave her. She didn't stop to ask so many people now, only approaching someone at either end of the corridors as she climbed. "Excuse me, sorry, but does anyone know if Jessica Cade is around here, maybe?" she asked each person.

Part of being a prefect meant that James often found himself wandering random corridors while on patrol where he otherwise wouldn't find himself. James was coming to the end of his patrol and was about to disappear from the corridor when a girl showed up asking for Jess. James made his way over to the girl as he suspected it could be rose delivery, it was the day for them after all. "Hey did I hear you asking for Jessica Cade? She's my sister, if you have a rose for her I can take it,"

Though Sophia was glad to find someone who could help her locate the last person on her list, her grateful expression quickly turned to one of slight concern as the older boy asked to take the rose from her. Unconsciously she held it a little closer to her side, as if that would somehow stop this interaction in its tracks. She was sure he wouldn't lie about Jessica Cade actually being his sister... but it was her job to deliver this rose. What if something happened to it once it was out of her possession? She'd be the one responsible. Trying not to sound too nervous, Sophia attempted to politely decline the older boy's offer. "Oh, um... that's very kind of you, to do that for your sister, but, um... I think I'm supposed to... deliver it myself?" She lapsed into an awkward pause, before trying to assuage him brightly. "But if you knew where I could find her, that would be helpful too."

James didn't expect the girl to give up the rose at first, for all she knew he wasn't actually who he said he was but he would need to convince her otherwise there was no other way Jess was getting her rose. "Jess doesn't leave the common room much these days, she took our dads death pretty hard," James shrugged. "I get it you don't just want to hand over someone else's rose but its okay, I'm also a prefect you can trust me," James added pointing to his badge.

Listening to the older boy continue to state his case, Sophia's eyes widened in shock as he so casually mentioned that his father had died. She didn't quite know what to do with the information, it didn't sound like something that she should even know about a stranger's life and it had the effect of making her feel even more awkward than usual. Shuffling from foot to foot, Sophia was trying to think how to approach this new element of her delivery when she saw the boy tap the prefect's badge pinned to his chest. Relief flooded her face, and she all but shoved the rose and note into his hand. "Oh, I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry, too, about... Um, but here's the rose, and you can give it to your sister, and it hope it... makes her feel better? If that's, um..." Truly Sophia didn't know what to say. She was very glad this had been her last delivery of the day.
Jess ♡
I've been thinking about what to put in your letter now for so long but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to express exactly what I mean just by parchment. I would send you a million roses if I thought it would help although I know there's nothing I can do that will be able to take away the pain you have right now. I'm so sorry Jess about everything that's happened, and there isn't a day that goes by in the castle where I'm not thinking about you and wishing I could be there for you and classes are so quiet without my favourite blonde to make me laugh! Oh gosh, now I'm crying too and this paper is going to get soggy, and there's less room on this note than I thought. I understand if you need time to do what you need to do and perhaps you don't even want to talk to me again, but know that I miss you and I love you so much and would do anything to squeeze you tight.
G x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back