Hogwarts Scotland Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lana Hayden

Hey Nick could there be a Hogwarts Scotland section of the board? Like the other school? Or is that taking away to much of the Hogwarts in New Zealand? And If there could be member title for them too? Just a wonder. Thank you!

This is something I asked Livvy about when we made the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang forums/groups/etc.
There were a number of concerns bought between the two of us which caused us to simply think it better not to add that forum, or a group for it.
Our concerns included:[ul][li]Dabbling with canon (we try to stick to it as much as we can, and make things up as little as possible, going back to the setting of the novels and having an official area of the site for it would force us to make decisions about things that we would rather not)</LI>[li]It would be a sub-sub-sub forum, being placed within the forum titled "The United Kingdom". There is presently a bug which causes parent forums to inherit the properties of their subforums past a certain level. This would effect the HS/UK forums. If we restricted posting in the HS forum to students only, then only students would be able to post in the UK forum. That is a circumstance we would very much not enjoy. ;) <LI>[li]With HNZ's history with a "Sister Site" which was set all about Hogwarts Scotland, there would surely be some concern and confusion. We would likely be forced to go with the site history originally determined for that site for our version of Hogwarts. If that were not the case, then the history of many characters that transferred from there to here upon its closure would be muddled up[/li][/ul]

For all of the above reasons, we felt it best to avoid that forum/group.

Okay Nick I get it, still I wouldn't mind the member title of H.S :r but if cause complications, than do what's right! :)

When Livvy is on a bit more, I promise I'll re-discuss it with her, alright? ^_^
I can't promise anything more than that. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back