Hogwarts isn't supposed to be boring!

Leia Evans

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Myrtle Wand, 15 1/2", Tail of Charmed Newt
Things seemed to be at a standstill for Leia Evans. After her holiday break, much spent on her own trying to learn to surf, she'd gone back to school rejuvenated and ready for what Hogwarts had to offer her--but all it offered her was homework and lessons. The Veela girl had been trying to keep up with her studies for the most part, and with nothing dramatic to distract her she should've been getting all of her work done but for some reason she was just putting it off. It seemed that if nothing dramatic was happening around Hogwarts, then it was just, well, boring. Just like any other school.

Purposely ignoring the amount of homework that piled up, she had turned to her guitar, practicing daily to keep up with the fine musicians in the band. But even that was beginning to bore her, she wanted change, adventure, something! She hated to admit it but the last kind of fun she'd had was with Kaleb. Thoughts of the Slytherin boy instantly brought a mixture of emotions upon her, heartache, longing, anger, confusion. He'd hurt her, stood her up three times and still she had been charmed by him enough to forgive him each time. She'd only been a conquest for him, and he had wanted Carmen all along, that was clear when she saw them on Yule Ball night.

Deciding to go on an adventure of her own, the Hufflepuff girl ventured out at night into the forbidden forest, wearing a plain white tee and black jeans, and a white knit beanie on over her long, dark locks of hair. As soon as she left her dorm room and began crossing the castle grounds she began thinking that it was probably better that she should've worn all black so she wouldn't be seen. Still it was too late so she continued on to the forest, standing on the outer edge, looking in as she bit her lip with nervousness. She'd been here twice now, once at a party, and once with Kaleb her mind reminded her, cursing the fact that he had to cross her mind again. Leia inhaled softly, this was the first time she'd be alone in the forbidden forest. Come on you can do this, it doesn't matter if no ones around, she thought to herself, taking only one step forward so far.

Sam had been out in the Hogwarts grounds for most of the day, wearing a pair of jeans and a casual shirt. He thought if he did some assignments outside he might get more work done. But it seemed to be the complete opposite. He couldn't focus one bit. His thoughts were all over the place. Sam didn't know what happened this year that he couldn't focus. His best bet was Toni. She was in his head half of the time and after that second first date they had in Brightstone there was no way of getting her out. So after a miserable hour of trying Sam gave up on his assignments and leaned back on a tree and shut his eyes.

When Sam opened his blue eyes once more he found that it was dark and the lawn was completely deserted. He rubbed his eyes tiredly before he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wand, "Lumos," he muttered. Sam got up slowly and waved his wand around, it really was deserted. He had no idea what the time was but he could guess it was late. Sam gathered up his unfinished assigments and put them in his bag. Turning around to return to the castle Sam spotted a figure just outside the forest. He didn't know what was drawing him closer to the figure but his feet kept walking. Usually Sam ignored people going into the forest at late at night because they were mostly trouble makers or attention seekers, but not this time?

This persons dark hair was very recognizable to Sam as he got closer. It was Leia. What was she doing out so late? What was she doing going into the forest? Sam would have never pictured Leia as the 'risky' type. Sam stood a small distance behind her, "You..eh..going somewhere?" He asked her lightheartedly followed by a soft chuckle. Sam put his wand-free hand into his jeans pocket as he waited for Leia to turn around.

Leia's heart was beating faster with each repetition of You can do this! in her head and was just about to grit her teeth and march right into the forest when she heard a voice behind her. Quickly she gasped in surprise, her heart beating faster than it was a second ago and it seemed caught in her throat. The Veela girl turned around quickly, her long, dark hair whipping behind her, eyes wide with surprise, until finally she recognized the figure.

"Sam!" she breathed with a sigh of relief, a small smile forming upon her face, though her heart was still pounding rather fast. Calm down it's just Sam! she told herself, thankful that it wasn't a Professor. "What're you doing here?" she asked with eyebrows raised, completely forgetting he had asked her a question. Maybe not 'forgetting' about it really but choosing to ignore it simply because 'I wanted to go in but was about to turn around because I'm too scared' wasn't very good answer. She didn't expect anyone to be at the forest at this time of night.

Sam could tell that he had frightened Leia by popping up on her like that. But he didn't see any other way of doing it. Sam noticed she didn't answer his question but he didn't push it. "Eh..well. I was doing some very late assignments." He began as he pulled his bag strap further up his shoulder, "And I seemed to have dosed off and I just woke up now." He was almost embarassed to say it. It was very stupid of him but he didn't know why he was so tired all the time. Quidditch most likely he thought to himself. He had been practicing harder as a beater and it was taking it out of him but hopefully it would be worth it in the end. "Then I saw you..standing outside the forest?" He took a few steps towards her so he was right next to her. "Are you going in?" He asked with a grin on his face. He had never been in the forest just for the fun of it. He had been in once for a party and another time running after Hoshi. If Leia was going in he wasn't going to stop her, he would join her.

A giggle escaped Leia's lips as Sam explained that he was doing his make up work and dosed off. "I'm surprised no one wrote on you or something," she said teasingly, almost suggesting she would've done so if she'd seen him asleep out in the open, though she would've never done that really. Afterward he stood next to her, asking if she was going in so she inhaled as she finally answered his first question. "I decided to ignore my homework too and do something, I don't know, adventurous or something," she said with a guilty smile and a shrug.

When he asked if she was going in, Leia looked up at him, wondering if he was going to try and persuade her not to, but she only mirrored the grin he wore on his face. "I will if you will," she replied, her fear slightly ebbing away now that she thought she wouldn't be alone after all. Of course it would still be scary, but not as much if Sam were with her.

Sam shrugged, "I have to say I am a little surprised myself." He said while scratching the back of his neck. Sam guessed it would be Hoshi who would draw on his face as he did't really have any enemies, although there was that Slytherin beater? He wondered going off the point. Quickly zoning back into the situation Sam looked down at Leia as she said that she'd go in if he went in. Sam looked back at the forest and then back at Leia. The dark leaves on the trees swayed slightly and made everything look a lot more eery. Sam didn't really have to think about it before saying "Lets go then." He grinned excitedly down at Leia. He never really did anything dangerous, or exciting. Of coarse Quidditch was exciting and in a way dangerous but going into the forest was a completely different kind of excitement and danger. Sam raised his lit wand higher and took the first couple of steps into the forest.

Leia looked at Sam with hopeful, eager brown eyes as she awaited his answer. Without much hesitation, Sam began leading the way with his wand lit. Leia grinned and followed after him, trying not to think of whatever could be in here, such as spiders. She'd completely freak out if she saw a spider, just imagining one now was beginning to creep her out. Before she could act out on her paranoia of spiders, Leia also pulled out her wand and lit it up, immediately pointing it to her feet just to make sure there were no spiders. She sighed inaudibly to herself and continued off after Sam, trying to figure out if the sudden darkness that seemed to envelop them as soon as they got into the forest was real or if she was also making that up. "So, you ever been in the forest before?" Leia asked, masking her voice so that is sounded nonchalant and calm.

Sam slowed down his pace so Leia could catch up with him. The further they got in the darker it seemed to be getting and when he turned his head around the entrance that they came through was still in sight. He wondered how much darker it would be getting. Sam looked back at Leia as she asked if he was ever in the forest before. He nodded, "I've been in here twice. The first time I was following a friend and the second time was a party. You were at that right?" He asked her, vaguely remembering her being there. "But it has never been this dark I'll tell you that." He added slowly looking at the canopy above them. "When I was chasing Hoshi it was just sunset and at the party there was lights all over the trees." He said absent mindly, "Its kinda creepier this way..." He continued though his voice was more concentrated. "Scared yet?" He asked with a wicked grin.

Leia kept up with Sam, occasionally glancing around but trying not to make it obvious. It was her idea to go in here after all. The Veela girl nodded her head as Sam talked about the party she had attended at the beginning of the year. "Yeah I was there," she replied, remembering the black-themed party that she had rather enjoyed. "I still don't know who gave me the invitation.." she thought aloud, also questioning if he knew who it was.

The Hufflepuff girl chuckled lightly when he said that the other time he was in here it wasn't this dark. "Yeah, same here. Aside from the party I've been in here once more but it definitely wasn't this dark either," she commented, glancing around once more with curiosity. Leia tried forcing any thoughts of Kaleb, her companion that day she visited the forest, and instead looked up at Sam, grinning in return when he asked if she was scared. "No way!" she said defiantly, her competitiveness once again kicking in. She wasn't going to admit fear first.

Sam chuckled lightly. To be honest he didn't know who had thrown the party. No questions were really asked, it was almost better that there wasn't, the mystery was more fun. "I don't know actually." He replied to her hinted question. At first he thought Hoshi, but she would have invited Scropius, Toni, Taylor and Jenna too. So it definitely wasn't her- Sam's thought suddenly came to a halt when he heard a 'snap'. He stopped in his tracks and looked around to find that he had only steped on a thin branch. Quite embarassed by this he coughed and continued walking hoping Leia didn't notice. Before she could say anything he asked, "So...you never actually answered my question before?" He pointed his lit wand in her direction and had a grin on his face. There was no way she was getting out of this one.

[Sorry for the extremely late reply, real life you know, barely being able to get back to all RPs properly.]

Leia shrugged her shoulders lightly when Sam said he didn't know who threw the party either, she didn't mind not knowing, it was fun that way, and that way no one ever got in trouble. She smiled softly to herself, amused that she didn't even had to actually ask if he knew either yet he knew she was curious to know so he answered as if she had asked him already. Leia gasped inaudibly when she heard a 'snap' from out of nowhere as the two were walking, but noticed right away that it was Sam and he'd just stepped on a small branch.

The Hufflepuff girl noticed him trying to play it off as if it hadn't scared him, but she merely grinned and pushed him playfully as if saying 'You scared me too!' The two continued to walk into the forest though she didn't know why, it was getting creepier by the second. Leia slowed her walking to a stop because she didn't want to go too far in and tried looking around to see where she was when Sam spoke again. Leia turned her head in the direction of Sam's voice, and chuckled lightly when he said she never answered his question earlier. "What question?" she asked with a bit of playfulness in her voice as if she had no idea what he was talking about.

[No problem at all. Don't worry about this ;) ]

When Sam had felt a push on his shoulders he looked down at Leia and laughed. She had noticed his very bad attempt at trying not to be scared, it was hard to miss it but he had to at least try. He was almost comforted by the fact that she had gotten a fright too. Was she getting scared already? Am I getting scared already? He asked himself worriedly, they were not too deep into the forest yet but he almost didn't want to go much deeper, who knows what was there.

Sam came to the conclusion that to stop the pair from being scared, they would just have to continue talking. To break the silence. But that would come easily to Sam, he and Leia got on perfectly well, he could talk to her very easily. Sam looked over at Leia before rolling his eyes playfully. "The reason why you were here in the first place!" He said, his tone just as playful as hers. Noticing Leia had slowed her pace Sam did too, he kept his wand stretched out in front of him the whole time. Tripping over a root wasn't something that appealed to him at this moment.

[OMG your banner, it's beautiful! :wub: Who made it?]

Leia laughed lightly as Sam had to repeat his question to her. "Ohhh," she said mockingly, as if she didn't know that that was what he meant the whole time. In response she shrugged her shoulders softly and said, "I don't know, I was bored and decided I needed a little adventure in my life," she answered truthfully. "Or maybe I just needed an escape from life," she added as an afterthought, her voice soft. The Veela girl had her eyes up to the skies for just a moment as she walked and talked, but suddenly tripped over a branch. Leia squealed softly and nearly fell but caught herself just in time, her cheeks going beat red though she hoped it was dark enough not to notice.

[I love it too :wub: :lawlz: Imogen Day made it ;) ]

Sam rolled his eyes quickly at Leia as she replied mockingly to his repeated question. Though the rest of her answer Sam would have to agree with. He sometimes wished that he could have a bit of adventure, his days were the same and nothing ever happened. When he left Hogwarts what could he say that he had done? He never really did a lot of work so it wasn't like he was going to get O's in all his NEWTs, he played quidditch and that was about it. Being in the forest with Leia was something different and a little dangerous. "I'm going to have to agree with you on th-" Sam stopped suddenly when Leia squealed he directed his lit wand over to her to find she had almost fallen. "Woah! You alright?" Sam said seriously and then broke into a soft chuckle. Leia hadn't fallen exactly so she couldn't be hurt. Well Sam hoped not, he wondered if prehaps she wanted to sit for a bit before going deeper? He was a bit unsure about going further into the forest...but then again whats life without a little risk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back