HNZ Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerissa Flynn-Doyle

Where does the train go from?

I'm guessing Wellington (because there's an international airport and the ferry from the South Island) or maybe Palmerston North but I wanted to double-check.

I saw this yesterday and was tempted to reply but decided not to, I will now but my answer won't be very useful ;-)

Only Alicia will be able to answer your question correctly as she started this site. Wellington makes the most sense to me, but there could be another place which she feels is better suited for it.
So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what she says :)

Oooh, Wellington is my favorite City in the world :X

This actually brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. Near/in which city is Obsidian Harbor situated? Wellington as well?

Athene Perthro said:
Oooh, Wellington is my favorite City in the world :X

This actually brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. Near/in which city is Obsidian Harbor situated? Wellington as well?
Oh man. When I suggested it, I was looking at a particular city.

*runs to wikipedia to check*

It might have been Auckland. Which has more ports/harbors/etc...? Auckland or Wellington?

(Wikipedia also has a thing on volcanoes around Auckland. Volcanoes --> obsidian)

Both Auckland and Wellington have huge harbors, lol. And I think Wellington has Volcanic activity nearby too, but I'm too sure.

Auckland would probably be best. It's New Zealand's biggest city, though. It might have to be a little way out of Auckland, because it would be a trouble to hide something so huge from so many Muggles.

My thought process (which, I admit is full of holes, but you may attribute that to an overabundance of caffeine in my bloodstream and the resultant hyperactivity) was something along the lines of the fact that magic would be used to make it appear to be something else, and muggle-repelling charms would be used or some such thing.

Additionally, since it is a magical harbor, the buildings don't have to be old, crappy, and run down. They can be fancy.

I used to live in Wellington. It has earthquakes, but the nearest volcanic activity is closer to the site of HNZ than it is to the city, or else is on the South Island. The harbour is smaller than Auckland's.

Here's a map I dug up of Auckland's harbour and volcanoes. Lots of them are extinct and most have suburbs around them. I know Mt Rangitoto (Rangitoto Is) is dormant and Lake Pupuke is a submerged volcano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back