Hit the Lights

Ozias Zhefarovich

Wand
Kingswood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang
Ozias Zhefarovich has had enough of his twin brother's messing around with Taralynn, when really, the man liked the slightly older girl but never made the moves. While Ozias had completely stopped messing around with her due to his time spending time with another girl and his Quidditch, the girl would be completely free for Azerail to take, but the thing was, he had not yet. And it was getting on his last nerves. So now he was going to take matters into his own hands, and he was going to force his brother to come out and seize the Taralynn and make her unavailable on the market. There had to be something that would trigger it, and then he remembered something. A lot of the Zhefarovich men were prone to jealousy. Even their own father had his jealous moments. So he thought that this would be perfect for them, and thought that this would be suiting. He would make sure that Azerail came home and saw him advancing on Taralynn. To really make her his or threaten her with something like an injury if she does not become his. That might be the only way that he could get something done and get his brother to be happy. Ever since he went down and finally gave in to the evil tendencies, his behavior had not changed at all really. Not that Ozias could tell. Perhaps he had darker thoughts now, but he was still helping people, and he was still a professor. So he was still himself. Perhaps he was not fighting so hard in his head anymore. However there was still the girl problem that he had. Ozias thought that it might have been because of Dannii, after the relationship there, he might be too scared to get involved. It would not happen again. Axel was not going to kill Taralynn. So there was literally nothing to worry about, and Ozias was going to get his brother to see that one way or another, and he was going to get them to become a decent, dark couple once the Zhefarovich family tempted her over so much.

Now it was time to make the move. Ozias walked up the stairs, where Taralynn was resting in her room, doing whatever was needed. He did not know what the girl did, and did not really care that much. They were friends, at the most now. He talked to her and she talked to him, one could go as far as saying that they were best friends but Ozias did not know that term. He could hear Azerail below, opening up the front door and coming home from a long day at work. Perfect, hopefully he had a rough day where he needed Taralynn. Ozias walked into the bedroom that belonged to Taralynn, and he closed the door behind him. It was not like him to come into the bedroom without knocking, and that was what he had done just now. Ozias was on a mission, and one could tell that something was up his sleeves when they looked into his darkened eyes. He slowly approached her, and he smirked slightly, before he noticed that she might be a little odd today. No matter, she was going to cooperate with his plan; he had calculated his every move as well as the moves from the roommates. The dark wizard looked Taralynn up and down, and he could hear a couple of knocks on the door, knowing that it is Azerail. He shrugged and he said, "Taralynn. I kind of need to know something." He slowly approached her, and he could hear the noises outside. Hoping she would usher Azerail inside, then he would be able to make the moves on her. He would have to wait though, like a serpent hiding. Ozias was going to have to wait.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Taralynn Vyhnal took a deep breath and then let it out slowly. So far, nothing seemed to help soothe the nausea she was feeling right now. Not peppermint, or cool air, even crackers! Not a single one of the suggestions she had read in the books was helping her, and it was starting to get on her nerves. There was no way she was going to survive a couple of months with this crap. "I never thought being pregnant was going to suck this much. No wonder no one wants kids." Taralynn groaned. This wasn’t even the worst part about all of this. There was only the fact that there was probably at least eight months or so left for her to endure this. Plus, she actually had to go around and tell people about it. Like her brother, her employers, and even the father of the baby himself. Getting knocked up was not Taralynn plan. For some reason she was under the impression that the pill and the pill alone would keep her from ever being in this state. Clearly she hadn’t read the statistics too carefully. Now look what situation she was in! Taralynn had been trying to unpack for the last half hour or so. She had been away with her modeling company. There was a fashion show in another country and Taralynn was required to go. It was there that she had found out, she had bought the test and everything. When the first one came out positive, she bought another one. That one came out positive too. So she bought a third. By the time she had taken a fourth, the horrible truth had finally reared its ugly head. She was going to be a mom. Taralynn never expected this to happen, and she knew her brother was going to kill her when she told him.

Jarrett was like a father to her. He had raised her and cared for her. Taralynn figured that he was going to react like any typical dad figure would too. "I’ll need to tell him soon too. He’ll get even more upset if he thinks I was trying to hide it from him." Taralynn jumped when someone decided to enter her room without knocking. She could tell within seconds that it was Ozias. Taralynn narrowed her eyes at him. "Ever hear of knocking, Ozias?" Taralynn asked sarcastically. She closed the bag she had been unpacking and turned to look at him with her arms crossed over her chest. The last thing she wanted him to see was the books she picked up from a bookstore on her way home seen by Ozias just yet. He could get back to Azerail. Whom she knew was the father one hundred percent, because he was the only guy she had been sleeping with the pact couple of months, and she was only about a month along. Ozias told her that he needed to know something. It sounded important too. Taralynn glanced at the door briefly, as she could hear Azerail arriving home. "What do you need to know? You might want to hurry up before your brother gets in here. He’ll have a fit." Lately she had noticed Azerail becoming more and more possessive. It was very subtle, but she noticed it. Taralynn worried that he would get upset if he saw Ozias and her being alone, even though nothing was going on. Chances were that nothing was going to go on between them, now that there was a baby involved. Plus, from what she had gathered, Ozias had himself a lady friend. It was pretty easy to see that she was the reason why he was always leaving and coming back late. It was kind of cute.​
<i>
</i>

Ozias knew better than to hit on his brother’s girl. Taralynn was rightfully Azerail’s, but he was going to have to help his brother wake up, and make the moves. Or else she would be gone for good. What he did not know was that Taralynn was pregnant with Azerail’s son. None of them checked the family tree, which did not need checking according to their thoughts. Ozias was sort of seeing Amycus so he had not touched Taralynn in a very long time. There was nothing between them anyway. Ozias smirked when Taralynn told him to hurry up, because Azerail was coming in. Azerail was getting more and more protective over Taralynn which he did not blame him for. He was sort of like that with Amycus, and he would not let her be around her parents as much as she used to. He was just a lot more subtle about it. There was just more to this than just getting Azerail and Taralynn together, but to fully turn Azerail to the darkness. He was getting there, talking about killing every now and then, but there just needed to be one other push. And this would make his twin brother fine with himself. Never fighting the good and evil battle. It was just a horrible battle, and he was not going to allow his brother to go through it anymore. It sent Austin through insanity. He smirked even more and held his finger up to tell her to wait without saying anything with his mouth. As soon as Azerail entered the room, did Ozias advance onto Taralynn, grasping her shoulders with his hands. "So, Azerail, I think that Taralynn needs a boyfriend. Since she has been starved from me, I think I fill in the spot. Or I could take a knife to her skin and see how quickly she will bleed out. Whichever course to take. I have not done a model in." Ozias caressed her cheek with the back of his left hand, but he also winked at her, and mouthed, "Shh pretend to be scared. Trust me." He needed her as a friend still, and scaring her to death was not going to do it. He cast a cold look to Azerail, daring him to stop him.

Azerail Zhefarovich had the day off of work today, which was why he was heading home. He went to the Saint Mungo's to drop off the ingredients there to make potions. He did not spend any hours there anymore because of him working as a professor, but he still helped out to keep a good name. But for now, Azerail had other plans. To return home. He needed to go home and rest some. He wanted to talk with Taralynn and see how she was doing. She had been acting weird for the past few days, and he did not know why. So she might be sick. Azerail entered the front door, and closed it behind him as he hung up his jacket. He could hear some steps going on upstairs. Ozias was home? That was weird because he normally spent all day over in the United States with some girl named Amycus. He knew a bit about her since Ozias spoke of her, but why would he be upstairs with Taralynn? If he was playing with both, then that wouldn't be fair for Amycus. With his suspicions up, he slowly walked up the stairs, not sure if he was wanting to see what was laying in wait for him. 'What is going on? Do I even want to know what is happening up there?' thought Azerail with a grimace. He didn't want to see Taralynn with another, but he was sure that she did not want a relationship with him anyway. But to have Ozias up there, it was just making his blood boil a bit. He didn't want his brother to have her and someone over in the United States too. Playing with the emotions was not a good thing. Even for the case of Ozias, it was never a good thing. Azerail made it to the top of the stairs, and he walked to Taralynn's bedroom. He knocked on the door. No one answered, but he knew who was in there.

The potions professor opened the door, and he saw Ozias there, his back turned toward him. He couldn't see his face, but Azerail inquired softly, "Um, what's going on?" This was really unusual, but then Ozias started to speak, and horror was written across his face and his silvery eyes. He had no idea Ozias was bluffing at all, but he always pictured him to be unpredictable. Ozias was wanting Taralynn to be either his girlfriend, or dead? What sort of option was that? Azerail shook his head, and he wondered what snapped in his brother's head. No one would kill their closest friend! Ozias didn't really have friends outside of Taralynn so that was how he knew. Azerail stated, "Ozias, you don't like Taralynn in that way, you know I do, so back away from her!" Azerail finally snapped and flourished his wand. He raised it toward his brother and he stated in a calmer down, yet it was colder, "So don't threaten her anymore. I'm sure you don't want anything happening to Amycus, do you?" Little did he even know, Ozias' plan had worked, and Azerail successfully confessed, while also standing up for himself, and someone he really cared about. Azerail would not have done so if he had known, it all had to be believable anyway. Azerail was angry enough as is, and one could simply tell by looking into his eyes as they were darkening to the familiar onyx shade that his brothers had, and his father ultimately.

Taralynn wasn't sure what was going on, Ozias seemed to tell her to be calm because everything was going to be okay, but she wasn't sure what he meant by all of this. Taralynn saw Azerail enter the room, and immediately she went out to tell him that nothing was going on so he wouldn't get upset, but then she felt Ozias' hands grasping her shoulders tightly. Taralynn felt Ozias caress her cheek with the back of his left hand before she saw him mouth that he wanted her to be scared, but that it was okay. While Taralynn did trust Ozias not to hurt her, she couldn't deny that a part of her was still frightened. Particularly because Ozias had no idea that she was pregnant and probably had no idea that he needed to be very careful. But whatever he was doing, seemed to have ignited something within Azerail. At first he seemed horrified, then angry. He revealed first that he liked Taralynn, and that he supposedly liked her more. Which Taralynn did have to agree with. Ozias and her did have a thing at one point, but he never seemed to be as fond of her as Azerail seemed to be. Taralynn wanted to smile and gush about what he said, but with Ozias being sketchy like he was, and her having big news of her own that needed to be shared, now was not the time for that. Then Azerail started to bring up the fact that he shouldn't threaten her anymore, because he wouldn't want anything to happen to Amycus. Taralynn breathed out slowly when she saw that Azerail had even flourished his wand. Would he be able to actually hurt that girl if Ozias really had done something to hurt her? Was Azerail cruel enough to let that sort of thing happen.

"Can I say something?" Taralynn cut in, hoping to catch both of their attentions so she could not only keep them from fighting with one another, but also so she could get this out before something else happened. Azerail needed to know that he was going to be a father, and Ozias might as well know to so he would know that from here on out that he and Taralynn were to have a strict friend-based relationship only. Which seemed like it was a possibility anyways because he and this Amycus girl were getting really serious. Whether he knew that Taralynn knew it or not, but she saw him sneaking out all the time at night to go meet her. Chances were that she still lived with her parents or something, because why else would it always be at night? Either way, Taralynn hoped that one day maybe he could bring her over, that way they could all watch a movie or something. "I'm pregnant." Taralynn confessed. Immediately she was greeted with some of the most awkward reactions ever. Hopefully the two of them would connect that Azerail was the father too. Which meant that at some point or another, Taralynn and Azerail were going to need to discuss what was going to happen. This wasn't planned at all, so Taralynn was pretty scared. What would become of her and this baby? Would she and Azerail get together? Would he even want to be involved with this baby? He seemed like the type, but one would never know. Then there was the whole issue of telling Jarrett, because he was not going to be happy at all. He had yet to even meet Azerail and Ozias, so he would have to meet Azerail and find out that he was going to be the father of his little niece or nephew all in the same day.

Ozias could see his twin brother out of the corner of his eye, and saw that he had finally snapped, revealing the darker bit that he had been fighting off for years and years. It was about time. Ozias did not back away from her, and also was told not to threaten her anymore. Ozias' eyes went to Taralynn before he smirked a bit, but it faded when Azerail brought Amycus into it. Ozias reached around toward his back, and pulled out a dagger before backing from Taralynn, and raising it toward Azerail, now that Ozias had been ignited as well. "We both know that before you even go through with that little threat, you would be at the bottom of the ocean, becoming food for nature's rejects. Nice touch though, finally becoming a man and putting a claim on something you want. However making a claim on someone's life that is involved in my own; the worst idea you have ever come up with." It was the most that Ozias had ever said in one time period toward anyone. Even Taralynn. He then heard Taralynn speak up, cutting in. Ozias slowly put his dagger away, and then turned a bit to face her. What was she going to say now? Ozias was going to motion for Azerail to go on ahead and claim Taralynn as a girlfriend, however what Taralynn said next made Ozias stop breathing. She was pregnant? Ozias could feel the burning eyes of his younger twin upon him and Ozias looked over at him. Ozias had not touched Taralynn in months, so there was no way in hell he was the father. The thought that there was going to be a change in the house, a child no less, really made Ozias uncomfortable. He held up both of his hands before he said, "Hey, I've not touched her in months. It isn't mine." This was a little too much for Ozias. He shook his head and he left the bedroom to go out on the lake, or go to Amycus' house. He had not decided which, but he really hoped that the child would not change anything about their house and such. The last thing that Ozias wanted, or could live with, was change. Ozias wondered what would become of Taralynn and Azerail too. 'If he doesn't become her boyfriend, then I will imperio him into doing it,' thought Ozias with a shrug.

Ozias' little threat and the dagger pointed at him made Azerail freeze and then knew that he was right. Azerail actually did not have it in him to hurt someone innocent, even if they deserved it. Azerail knew that he would have to make Taralynn his girlfriend today, or else Ozias might really make a move on her. Azerail was too scared to otherwise. Plus he really liked her, so there was that little detail too. She knew about it. Taralynn then asked if she could cut in, and since Azerail had nothing to say to Ozias at that point, he knew that it would be pointless to even try anything. So for now, he would remain silent and listen to what Taralynn had to say. He put his own wand away and he released a sigh. He really hoped that her news was something that would drive Ozias away. Then Taralynn said those two words that made Azerail feel a little uneasy. "I'm pregnant." His silver eyes slowly drifted down to her stomach, and then back to her. It did not register completely, and then he remembered that as roommates or something, both he and his brother were having intimate relations with her. So, the baby could in fact be Ozias' as far as he knew. He shifted his look over to Ozias, and then his stare turned into a burning glare that if looks could kill, Ozias would have been dead right there on the spot. If the baby was Ozias', then he would seriously be in trouble with him. However Ozias confessed that he had not touched Taralynn in months, so the baby was not his. His glare faded, since he knew that Ozias did not lie, especially about things like that. Azerail watched as he left the room, leaving the two parents there to discuss what would happen now. Azerail was nervous since he had never considered himself a dad. Ever.

It was not like he had a good example of one to follow. Azerail then bit his lip, and he looked over at Taralynn before he approached her. He almost seemed scared, timid. But the news was sinking in, and he knew that he was going to have to ask her to be his girlfriend. Not just for the child, but for them too. That was his original intention anyway. Azerail finally started to speak, "I really hope I didn't ruin your modeling career..." What the hell, that was not what he wanted to say. He would have to express his feelings anyway. "But um, Taralynn, this scares me. I don't know how to be a dad. But... I think that as your boyfriend, I had better learn. How many months do I have to get the basics down?" Did he just say that he was her boyfriend? How rude, he did not even ask her. Sighing, he knew that he was getting his words and stuff fumbled up, so he better get it right. Azerail smiled softly, "Well, that is, if you want me as your boyfriend. I really wanted to ask you for a long time but never found the courage. I think that us becoming parents is a lot scarier than that. I think that it would be fun, though. I could ask my sister to help us out too. She had like a thousand kids." Azerail was really scared, but he was positive that Taralynn's fear greatly exceeded his because she was the one carrying the baby. He then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug. Not too tight since he didn't want to hurt her. He then allowed one of his hands to drift down to her abdomen and he whispered, smiling, "Taralynn, we are going to be parents!"

Taralynn shook her head softly. "I've been thinking about quitting my modeling career for awhile now. This just gave me the final push I needed." Taralynn reassured him that this wasn't going to ruin anything. Taralynn figured it might ruin her body a little bit, but she was older now, maybe it was time for a more reliable and stable job that wasn't so harsh on her body. Taralynn knew that there was so much that she needed to do as well. Go see a doctor, take some vitamins, go shopping for baby furniture, and even telling her brother. It was a lot of work bringing another person into the world. As of right now Taralynn often felt too sick or tired half the time to get anything done in the first place. "I don't really know how to be a mother either, so I'm just as scared as you are....but we can do this together. We'll need to buy a lot of baby books to help us out or something." Taralynn heard him mention something about being her boyfriend and she smiled. That made it even better for her to accept. "I like the sound of you as my boyfriend, besides, I'd rather have the father of this baby in my life rather than not...so you barely have a choice in the matter. Sorry Az." Taralynn closed the door once Ozias left and grabbed Azerail's hand. They had a lot they needed to talk about, and they might as well talk about it while they still could, especially when it came to her talking to her brother.

Fin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back