The best thing you can be is yourself
The best gift you can give can't be put up on a shelf
Because it's love that makes the whole world go round
It's love that keeps you safe and sound
So give love to everyone​
<COLOR color="limegreen">

Full Name:
~ Hillary Megan Crespo
When she was a baby, she never cried and she was basically born with a smile on her face. Her parents named her Hillary because that means cheerful and happy (from the Latin origin). They chose the middle name Megan because after she was born, her parents thought she was small but beautiful like a pearl. Megan is a variant of Margaret which means pearl in Greek. They also really loved the name Megan.

Date of Birth:
~ May 7th, 2013

Current Age:
~ 11

Basic Appearance:
~ Hillary has dark brown hair with a bit of a wave to it that goes a few inches past her shoulders. She has beautiful blue eyes and almost always has a smile on her face. She has light skin and light pink lips. She usually wears stuff that isn't fancy, but is looks nice. She only wears fancy stuff on special occasions. She wears a lot of hats, she is a hat person. She is small for her age, but not incredibly so.

Personality:
~ Hillary is almost always smiling. She isn't mean to anyone unless they are mean to her.

Family:
~ Hillary's mother is named Delilah Ilene Crespo. Her last name before she got married to Hillary's father was Nelson. Hillary's father is named Nicholas (Nick) Samuel Crespo. Hillary has no siblings, she is an only child. Her grandmother (her mother's mother) is named Rachel Betty Nelson. Her last name before she got married to Hillary's grandfather (her mother's father) was Lacy. Hillary's grandfather (her mother's father) is named Yael Oliver Nelson. Hillary's other grandmother (her father's mother) is named Willow Lila Crespo. Her last name before she got married to Hillary's other grandfather (her father's father) was Aaron. Hillary's grandfather (her father's father) is named Solomon Daniel Crespo. Her mother was a muggleborn and her father was of mixed blood. Hillary excited when she found out that she was going to go to Hogwarts.

Pets:
~ Hillary has a cat named Cedric. Cedric wears a hat sometimes and when he does, he looks like this.

Area of Residence:
~ Old home: Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A., Earth, Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe, Existence
Current home: New Zealand

Blood Status:
~ Mixed Blood

Heritage:
~ Hillary's family is all Jewish, even though most of their names aren't all names that Jewish people normally have. They are American but they are also part English.

Special Abilities:
~ None

Interests or Hobbies:
~ Hillary likes to sing, write, and play the guitar. She also likes peace and animals.

Additional Skills:
~ Hillary can speak, read, and write Hebrew. She doesn't know a ton, but she knows the basic stuff. She is still learning from her parents when she goes to visit them.

Strengths:
~ Hillary's strengths are smiling, playing music, being nice, and she is extremely good with animals.

Weaknesses:
~ Hillary's only weakness is that she would do anything to save a friend or family member.

Describe your character in three words:
~ Musical, nice, and cheerful

Favourite place to be:
~ Anywhere with music

Friends:
~ Elijah Tine, Hufflepuff 1st Year, Hogwarts NZ friend
Loreli Salenger, Hufflepuff 1st Year, Hogwarts NZ friend

Hogwarts House:
~ Hufflepuff

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
~ 1. Make friends
2. Learn how to do magic well
3. Learn how to fly a broom well
4. Bring music to the school
5. Have fun

Best school subjects:
~ All of them

Worst school subjects:
~ None

Extracurricular Activities:
~ Music

Graduation:
~ Not yet, Hillary's a first year.

Current Job:
~ Student

Plans for your future:
~ Music

Your Patronus:
~ A horse because horses are loyal, free spirited friends, like Hillary.

Your Patronus memory:
~ Performing music with Eli

Your Boggart:
~ A war where people are dying every second with animal abuse, no music, and no happiness or laughter

Your Animagus:
~ Maybe a seal or otter. Something cute that likes to swim.

Mirror of Erised:
~ A world with happiness and music, animals treated correctly, and laughter and music filling the air.

A page from your diary:
I'm Yours ~ Jason Mraz
It's been in my head lately. It seems kind of inspiring.

Anyway, here's the update on my life:

I keep on liking Eli more and more. I know we're only best friends but I can only wonder...
Homework's been keeping me busy, I should get to that now. Don't want to procrastinate too much. I'll write more soon.

~Hils

I like the beginning detail. :) A few questions about this character.

Why is Hillary so concerned about animal welfare (or rights?)

Why did she name her cat Cedric?

What breed of cat is Cedric?

Why does Hillary like to wear hats?

Which of Hillary's hats is her favorite? Please describe in detail.

Why is Hillary attending Hogwarts New Zealand? Does her family live in New Zealand?

How did Hillary meet her friends? Who is her best friend?

What other weaknesses does Hillary have?

If Hillary can't have a future in music, what other career would she take?

What is Hillary's favorite flavor of sucker/lollipop?

Why Hillary's patronus and animagus different animals?

Thanks for asking questions. Now it's up to me to come up with those answers.

Why is Hillary so concerned about animal welfare (or rights?) Hillary likes animals a lot. She saw some people abusing animals and wants to help them somehow. So she gave a lot of stuff to the local animal shelter. She hates seeing animals so hurt like if they're missing one eye or something like that. She has continued to see animals being abused, and hates it so much. She is tired of not being able to do much to stop it though. Nobody listens to a small 11 year old.

Why did she name her cat Cedric? Hillary had always liked the name Cedric, and she had a grandfather who she was very close to who passed away that had the name Cedric. The personality of the cat is very much like the one that her grandpa had. It immediately came to her.

What breed of cat is Cedric? Hillary doesn't really know what breed Cedric is. She got him from a shelter and he had only one eye. She just had to help him by giving him a nice home. He likes to wear the hat because of course, he is a fashionable cat and he doesn't like people staring at him because he's missing an eye. The hat covers the right part of the face.

Why does Hillary like to wear hats? Hillary likes to wear hats because she thinks they are very nice items. Most people go to different places and buy a t shirt or something, but she knows that she will grow out of another piece of clothing. And if she does grow out of hats, she can use them to decorate her room. She doesn't think that other articles of clothing decorate as well.

Which of Hillary's hats is her favorite? Please describe in detail. Hillary's favorite hat has to be the Red Sox hat that she got at her very first trip to Fenway Park in her old home, Boston. It is all a very dark blue and in the front above the rim there is a red "B" that is surrounded by a white line. She likes it because it reminds her of her old home and it makes her happy. She's also a huge fan of the Red Sox.

Why is Hillary attending Hogwarts New Zealand? Does her family live in New Zealand? Hillary used to live in Boston, but her dad had a job opening in New Zealand and they needed the money, so they moved. Her family lives in New Zealand. She is attending Hogwarts New Zealand because both of her parents went to some branch of Hogwarts and they wanted her daughter to as well.

How did Hillary meet her friends? Who is her best friend? Hillary usually meets new people through music. She normally plays and people are drawn in to it. Her best friend is Elijah Tine, although she hopes that they might become more than best friends over time.

What other weaknesses does Hillary have? She can't stand up to bullies that well. Most likely, she would just go to the victim afterwards and make them feel better. She can't stand up to people that she knows have more power over her than she does them.

If Hillary can't have a future in music, what other career would she take? If Hillary couldn't have a future in music, she would want to be an author or something. She would still find time for music though, she wouldn't be able to survive without it.

What is Hillary's favorite flavor of sucker/lollipop? Hillary's favorite flavor would be cherry or something else that's fruity and colorful.

Why are Hillary's patronus and animagus different animals? Hillary isn't just like one animal. She is a mix, and that is why they are different. (Tried my best with that one, that was tough)

Hi! You've done a great job with this :)

Just a few questions:

How much did Hillary know about the wizarding world before she was accepted into HNZ?
Is she close with both of her parents?

What was her first reaction when she entered HNZ for the first time?
Was she happy to be placed into Hufflepuff?

What kind of music does Hillary like listening to?
Can she dance?

Thanks again for the questions. :)

How much did Hillary know about the wizarding world before she was accepted into HNZ? Hillary hadn't seen magic actually happen, but she knew that it was real and it wasn't all a fairytale. She knew about very simple spells like "Lumos" and "Nox" but not how to do them.

Is she close with both of her parents? Yes, she is close with both of them. With her mom she talks about everything that's going on. She can always look to her for advice and is welcomed with open arms. With her dad she listens to stories and all of that stuff. With both of her parents, she talks about music because they all love it.

What was her first reaction when she entered HNZ for the first time? When Hillary entered HNZ for the first time, she was excited. It was very exciting to know that she would be learning magic and especially in the huge building. Wow.

Was she happy to be placed into Hufflepuff? Yes, she was. Hillary knew that whatever house she was placed in, it would be a great one. They were all great. She knew she fit the Hufflepuff description, but couldn't be sure. She was even more happy when she found out that her best friend had been sorted in to the same house.

What kind of music does Hillary like listening to? Hillary likes to listen to almost all types of music. She doesn't like rap or anything like that, though. She prefers more pop or country or rock or that sort of thing.

Can she dance? Sort of. She can dance freely to music pretty well, but usually becomes a klutz when she had to do a choreographed dance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back