Hidden stars

Annabelle Howard

Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Annabelle Starr had never been happier than before, she was engaged with her high school sweetheart, Donavon Howard and both of her children were beautiful, strong, and smart. She smiled as she kissed her children goodnight and apparate to the dark allies in Seoul, Korea. It had been a while since she visited the place. She opened the door to the pub and sat on the seat, ignoring the stare of some people. "Firewhiskey" She said as she heard people speaking in her native language. This reminded Annabelle of her family, her brother and Maybelle who turned out to be alive, and of course her parents. There was nothing that Annabelle could do, Maybelle had her own path and she made her choice and nothing could change her mind. Since the full moon tragedy back when they were young, Annabelle chose different way to live and both Maybelle and Annabelle turned out to be the complete opposite. Anna decided to hate muggleborns and blood traitors while Maybelle decided to protect them.

The young woman sighed as she sipped her firewhiskey. If only their parents were alive, her life probably wont turn out like this. But in the other side she felt lucky being able to be with Donavon and had beautiful children with him. Annabelle crossed her legs as she sipped her drink and closed her eyes, trying to listen to every movement around her before opening her eyes and slammed the drink on the bar. Some eyes were on her but Anna didn't care at all. She did what she wanted and it's not like she harmed anyone. "What are you looking at?" She hissed in Korean and poured the drink to her glass.

Hikari sighed and looked out the window of her new home in New Zealand, it was quite nice, her and Noah had managed to find a three bedroom house and it was quite large and beautiful, it was llocated on a quiet street and the garden was very attractive, like the house and its new owners. But she shook her head slightly, flipping her hair behind her shoulders, a habit, and walked outside, ducking back into the backyard and apparating to Korea, she had been wanted to go for some time, since she had family there. But right now she had no wish to see family, she wanted to have a drink before she burdened herself with her family, they could be annoying and disruptive for the young woman. She smiled as sshe sshowed up at a bar and tied her hair bback into a high ponytail and that swung from side to side as she walked. Her black sleek jeans hugging her legs as she ordered a firewhisky, using her Korean speech, she was grateful that she knew most of the asian languages, there were quite a few and sometimes it could be annoying, but not for her, she was talented when it came to learning languages.

She scanned the room with her honey brown eyes, and set her eyes on a woman, she looked familiar, not in the sort of way that Hikari knew her, in the sort of way that Hikari knew someone closely related to her. She pulled on her necklace that said 'Noah' on it and walked over to the woman. Her face was expression less, but her eyes told the woman that shshe was wondering if they had met, finally, she spoke. Ignoring the woman previous outburst, she sounded annoyed, but Hikari knew that she would be annoyed if she were stared at. ''Good evening, I apologies, but you look familiar and I do not know why.'' She explained, nodding her head politely and sipping hher drink, waiting for the woman's reply.

Annabelle was quite surprised that someone dared talking to her. Anna didn't think that she had seen this girl anywhere or perhaps it was because of Anna's lack of personal interest in knowing about other people. Her life was about her only and her fiance and her children, nothing more than that. She eyed the girl, showing no emotion to her for a while. A lot of people became uncomfortable when Anna did this but this was the habbit of hers, to stare at other people who talked to her yet she knew nothing about them. "Familiar? Perhaps we've met somewhere" Annabelle wasn't going to tell her who she was and she wasn't going to tell that her twin sister Maybelle patrolled around the alleys as her job. Perhaps this girl had seen Maybelle somewhere before and assumed that Anna was the same person.

Hikari realised the surprised expression on the womans face, and this told her that she most likely did not know her. She frowned with confusion, this woman was definately familiar, not like so knew her though, like she knew someone that was closely related to her. She examined the woman closely, the facial structure was familiar, the eyes, deep, dark, dangerous. Eyes like those reminded her of her beloved, Noah. The cheek bones, sharp, strong, intimidating to the faint-hearted. This also reminded her of Noah. That was when it hit her, prehaps this was one of Noah's sisters? The chances were very slim, very very slim, she couldn't remember if Noah had told her if they were dead or not, but she remembered that he had sisters. "I don't believe so..." she answered, deciding to ask the woman one last question, before she stood back up, apologised, and left the conversation. "I must ask one question." She began, explaining before she possibly confused the woman further. "Do you have a brother, named Noah Starr?" She asked politely, sipping her firewhiskey.

Annabelle eyed the girl, she seemed interesting, daring to talk to Annabelle when she wasn't in the mood of talking to other people was a pretty brave thing to do. She was a little annoyed when the girl wanted to ask her a question, she disliked talking to other people unless they were someone important to her. Right before she was about to leave the younger girl because of she wasn't in the mood of interacting, the girl shot her a question that made her stay. "What did you ask me?" She slammed her glass one more time to the bar as she eyed the girl in a serious manner. "Is he alive?" Anna was very surprise, she thought Noah was to be kept in her and Maybelle's memory only. Noah should be alive if the girl knew him or perhaps this girl was the relatives of the Starrs?. "What your name?" She eyed her spreading the cold aura.

Hikari was confused by the older woman's reaction to her question. She was expecting a simple yes or no answer, not a question. She kept her cool as the woman seemed to expell shock and annoyance, she was not intimidated by the behaviour, but she noted it, making sure to not anger the woman, she could see that the woman had a temper, one that should not be messed with, much like Hikari, though the difference was, Hikari was not in the mood to fight, this woman on the other hand, didn't seem too worried about becoming angry and having a fight, she was already annoyed. "I asked you if you knew Noah Starr, Noah Starr is my fiance and you look very similar to him, as if relation." She explained, sipping his firewhiskey. At the second question, she cleared her throat slightly, and nodded. "I am Hikari Hitachiin, by the way." She finished, keeping her french accent from screwing up her korean words.

Annabelle couldn't believe what she just heard, Noah Starr was a fiance of the girl that was in front of her. "You speak French?" Annabelle started to speak French with the girl, perhaps Noah had been there all this life and met this girl there. "Hold on, you're one of us?" She said keeping her volume low as she whispered to Hikari Hitachiin's ear. She had seen the girl before when the deatheater gathered, hopefully the girl knew what Anna meant. "Annabelle Starr, the older sister of your fiance" She said as she eyed Hikari. "Tell me how he is" She missed Noah, hopefully he grew like Anna instead of Maybelle. Logically, he should be more like her since the fiance of hers might be a deatheater afterwards.

Hikari watched the woman become even more shocked as they continued into their conversation. She then nodded and reverted to what could be considered her 'native language' she had learnt French before she even thought about starting Beauxbatons, and living in France for so long, she picked up the accent and it now replaced her original Japanese accent. "Yes I do." She replied, speaking French to the woman, when the woman came closer, she was confused for a few seconds, but as she whispered in her ear, she understood, she was quite sure she knew what the question meant, and instead of answering orally, she simply nodded. But what came next shocked her, she knew Noah had sisters and she knew she had suspected a relation of some sort, but hearing it being said aloud was still shocking to hear, she smiled. "He is healthy and happy, to my knowledge. We're thinking of moving to New Zealand, France has been fun, but it is becoming crowded with muggles." She explained, in a low tone, making sure only Annabelle would be able to hear their conversation.

Annabelle was glad that her beloved brother Noah William Starr turned out to be alive. "We'll be related soon I guess" She winked as a smile appeared on her face for the very first time after a very long time. "Do you mind arranging time? For me meeting him?" Her voice was different than it used to. Anna knew that she could easily order the girl around but she liked Hikari, she was polite even though Anna treated her the other way around and she was sure that the girl in front of her would be great for the team. "So tell me about yourself. First I'd like to know if you're a pureblood or half" She crossed her legs as she sipped the drink of hers. Anna would support both Hikari and Noah everything even financially, after all she was sure that her dear Donavon Howard would give her anything that she asked including supporting the brother of hers. But Hikari didn't seem like she needed to be supported financially. Noah in the other hand, he was an orphan but who knows if he had a business and it ran quite well. "Did Noah tell you anything about the family? I suppose he doesn't know that we're alive." He said referring to her twin sister. She wasn't sure if Hikari had an idea who Maybelle was and what her occupation was. Soon Anna had to tell her to stay away from Maybelle since she was the contrast of Anna.

Hikari noted that the woman seemed relieved to hear that Noah was alive, thye must have been quite close. It was strang, she began to wonder why she thought Noah to be dead, she smirked as the woman winked. Hikari hoped with all her dark heart that Noah would set a date for their wedding soon, she was starting to grew really excited about becoming a Starr, Mrs Hikari Noah Starr, she couldn't wait, but she hid it well from the other people she knew, they were not ones to goof out about a wedding, nor was she, but it didn't stop her from falling asleep with a smile on her face. "I hope so." She replied. What Hikari liked about Noah was that they shared the same interests, and he was a beautiful man, he was smart talented and, most importantly, pure, he was not a blood traitor, he was not a muggle lover, he was strong and wonderful, she was so happy when he proposed, so happy. She smiled as the woman asked a question that she had half expected, she nodded slowly. "Yes, I would love to help you two meet up. If you wish you can help us settle into New Zealand, I'm sure Noah wouldn't mind." To Hikari's memory, Noah didn't overly midn his sister, though she was quite sure there were two. Hikari cringed slightly and chuckled. "I'm a proud pure-blood, thankyou." She said. If there was one thing Hikari hated, it was muggle-borns, and muggles and half-breeds, they made her skin crawl with disgust. Muggle-borns didn't desurve magic, Muggles didn't desurve life and half-breeds? They weren't even fully human! Hikari shook her head. "No, he had mentioned you, long ago, I believe it is a touchy subject for him, he doesn't know you're alive."

The girl in front of Annabelle had no idea how relieved Anna felt knowing that Hikari was a pureblood. "Tell me... Is he... In the same league?" What she meant was whether or not Noah was a deatheater. She hope he followed the footstep of hers instead of Maybelle's. Logically he should be, he was engaged with one. Anna couldn't resist showing her real feeling, she was always one of those who never showed her feelings to other people, not even her children. "Let me see him" She whispered trying to keep her voice as monotone as she could. Anna knew how hard it was for her to survive her childhood, knowing that it was a touchy subject for Noah, his situation should be somewhat similar. Well Maybelle was a completely different story, she had a nice life but not Anna and probably Noah. "You know anything? About his past? Where he lived? Was he with one of the richest family or was he on his own?" She wanted to know every single detail of Noah. Even though Anna seemed like she had no mercy and that she was the tough, her heart was different. She was sensitive but she never let other people know about that, not even Donavon and definitely not Hikari.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back