Hey you

Genvieve Kuang

OOC First Name
Sally
Work was tiring for Genvieve, she wanted to quit work so bad but her father didn't let her. She had to take care of the restaurant in Paris. Work, N.E.W.T, O.W.L was killing her, soon two of her cousins would be like her and she felt bad for them. Genvieve had never had her childhood, but her twin sister Saria did which wasn't fair fo her. But she couldn't do anything, being the normal twin, her father gave too much work for her. She didn't want it but she had to.

Beijing was crowded at night, and it was pretty cold during winter. The seventeen years old girl smiled as she felt the winter breeze hitting her face. She walk around the city all by herself. She pulled her scarf closer to her as her eyes started to wander around the city still with a smile on her face. Seeing an abandoned bench near a restaurant, she smiled wider. She walk toward it and sat on it, taking a hot tea from her bag, sipping it slowly. The aroma of it was relaxing, and it reminded her of home where the whole family gathers.

Dylan was still mourning on her parents death, 7 years ago. He didn't want to remember what happened but he couldn't resist not to think of it. In his luck, his aunt adopted him and owned as her true son but unluckily, his uncle didn't like him that much. He was blaming him of the accident. A terrible car accident as he called it. He tried to commit suicide but the death was not cooperating with him. He also tried to hurt himself for how many times but still, he was alive. He didn't know if he was gonna thank that or if he was gonna feel pity for himself.

Everything changed when he met his special someone but he was not destined to be hers. She loved somebody else. Brokenhearted. Depressed. Dylan decided to find his self. He wanted to go far far away. When he left his home, his aunt tried to stop him but his mind was fixed on his plan. He went to the place where his parents met for the first time. Where everything between them started. Beijing.

It was winter when he arrived. He was shivering. He didn't know where to go so he wandered around. Even if he felt so tired, he didn't stop walking. His stomach growled, an evidence that he was starving but still he just ignored it. He saw a restaurant, not far from it was a bench where a girl was sitting. He loped to the bench.

" D-do y-you mind? " ,he was stammering. Pointing at the vacant space near the girl. Again, his stomach growled. He didn't mind if what would she say. He was very tired to think of it.

Thinking about the family reunion last summer made Genvieve frowned even more. A cousin of his wasn't there, and she didn't know why he had been staying away from the family for a while now. What was in his mind? That boy was sure mysterious, and she was sure that all the family was worried of him. Her heartbeat started to race faster, the more she think of it, the faster it ran. She held her bag a little tighter, burning in anger.

Luckily, someone stopped her from doing it, if it was one of those brats, Genvieve would ignore them right away but since it wasn't, she decided to cool down. She closed her eyes for several seconds before facing the boy. Her eyebrow rose as she heard him sounded awkward. "Well yeah you can sit here, I don't own the bench" She shrugged and scoot over so the boy could sit.

At first, she was going to ignore him but after hearing his stomach grumble, she began to be worried. He was so much like Zac, one of her favorite cousin. "Are you... Okay?" She asked as she looked at him feeling a little bit worried about him. She looked at her watch, it was way too late for her to go back to the restaurant that was owned by her father. But there other options was available. And that is if the boy wanted to spend time with her.

When his stomach growled again, he ignored it for the second time. Oh, come on. He thought. He didn't want to spend his money first. He should find first a place for him to stay for a while. Actually, he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in that place. He just wanted to find his self. To had a space.

He sat when the girl permitted him to sit.

" Thank you. " ,he gave her a smile.
"Are you... Okay?" He was not with himself until he heard her asking.
" Y-yeah. " He lied. He wasn't alright. He knew that, not physically but emotionally. He looked at the girl. He thought she had the same age as his. There were many ideas that came through his mind. Does she has a problem too? Whatever it was, Dylan felt sorry for her if she really had, same as what he felt for himself.

" Do you know where I could lease an apartment? " ,his voice now was normal. He wasn't shivering anymore.

After hearing the growl of the boy's stomach, Genvieve narrow her eyes and stared at him for several second. She wasn't sure if she could trust this stranger or not but he didn't seem to look alright. Especially after listening to his voice that was shivering. "I don't think your stomach's alright" She said standing up gesturing him to follow her. Genvieve was a little arrogant, she didn't really want for anyone, this explained why she was walking away from the boy. After a few meters, she stopped and turn herself so she was facing him. She decided to forget about his question about a place for him to stay, she was going to see his reaction and how he behave before answering his question. "Coming?" She asked. Genvieve was going to bring him to her father's restaurant, at least she could cook him something and he could probably be a regular costumer in the future. So there was no harm in entertaining other people by giving them free meals.

Dylan noticed the way how the girl approached to him. He creased his forehead into her.
What's her problem? ,he thought. She looked at her standing. When she was a few meters away, he just stared at her. He really didn't even think to befriend with anyone but he was hoping that they would be friends. A friend that he could profess all his problems. He never had his true friend. A true friend that he could lean on everything.

" Where are we going? " ,he asked her. He was still sitting, staring at her. He saw a restaurant near them. He smelled the presence of the food in the air. He smiled when his stomach growled again. This time, he didn't stop his self from his hunger. He stood and walked towards the girl.
" Would you accompany me to eat, please? :wub: "

Right before Genvieve was going to offer him if he wanted to eat, the boy asked if she wanted to accompany him eating. She smiled as she looked at him. "Well sir, I was going to bring you to my father's restaurant. It's not too far from here. Coming?" She asked as she started walking away from him hoping that he would follow her. The restaurant wasn't too far from there, she walk toward the restaurant and took her wand forgetting that the boy could be a muggle. She place it back to her pocket remembering that the boy could be anyone. She took her key instead and open the door. "Welcome" She said proudly waiting for the boy to come in. She turned on the light and smiled at the restaurant "I design this room" She said proudly, showing off a little.
She locked the door so no one else could come in and walk toward the kitchen. "What do you want to eat?" She asked putting the menu in front of him.

"Sure." ,Dylan answered. He followed the girl going to her father's restaurant. As they entered the place, Dylan was astonished by the ambiance when she turned on the light.
" You really designed this place? It's awesome! " ,he complimented. He remembered that his mother was also good in designing rooms. She studied as an interior designer.

Dylan walked forward, looking at the every corner of the room. He was distracted when the girl offered him what to eat.
" What's the best menu here? " ,he asked. He stopped flipping the pages when he remembered he didn't introduce himself nor he knew her name.
" Oh.. By the way, I'm Dylan. Sorry if I've not introduced myself to you. " ,gesturing his hands to her.

The kitchen was a few steps from Genvieve, she walk toward it and walk toward the fridge and cabinets trying to find if she could cook anything. "Dear Merlin there's nothing to eat!? Father is going to kill me" She said to herself, all that she remember was that there was a lot of costumers and that she had checked all the stocks. "Sashimi's the only food in here. My father is going to sue me!" She shouted and laughed as she took the fish to the table and slice it into pieces. "I have to go to the market at four. And it's... Twelve... Great... No sleep in two days" She said sarcastically without looking at the boy as she sliced it and place it on the plate. "Nice to meet you, I'm Genvieve Kuang. I'd like to shake your hand but my hand's dirty" She threw her hands to the air and chuckle. "I have more food in my house if you want." She took a bowl of rice and chopsticks and put it on the table trying to see if Dylan wanted to eat it or not. "Sorry" She muttered.

Dylan smiled at Genvieve. She was fun to be with compared to his other colleagues. He would have a great time with her, he was sure of that. He walked near the table where she placed the food.
" This is okay with me. " ,he smiled back to her and sat. " Aren't you hungry? Come on, let's eat. "
Dylan was too famished to think any food he wanted to eat.
" I'm not a permanent resident here in this place, obviously. Do you know where I could rent an apartment? Cheaper apartment will do. " ,he asked her again. He badly needed a place for him to stay for a while. He wasn't planning to stay in this place for a long time. He would just want a peace of mind. But who knows, he could be destined to live permanently here where his parents met. He rummaged his bag, finding his wallet. Oh no! He couldn't find it. Maybe he was..... He didn't want to think the possibility but he was so certain that it was missing.
" I just put it here.. Where in this earth would it go? " He searched his wallet all over his bag and in his pocket but it wasn't anywhere. That was the only money he had. He scratched his head. He had nothing now. What a luck! He scanned again his bag, he was almost to rant but he was just controlling his self not to.

At first Genvieve was a little suspicious about but seeing that it seemed that Dylan wasn't after something, she was no longer suspicious. "Me? Hungry? Nooo way... I'm on a diet, my mother force me" She laughed as she pushed the plate toward Dylan, reassuring that he could finish it if he wanted to. "Where are you from?" She asked curiously. Just then Dylan started to search through his bag for his money, how can someone be this poor? She thought. She felt bad for him for not having a place to stay. "Tell you what, accompany me to go to the market and I'll let you stay in my apartment. Usually I stay in that place if I don't want anyone to bother me, but I'm planning on going home tonight" She said and yawn feeling tired.

" I'm sorry for taking you with my trouble. Someone stole my money while going here, but thanks for your help. I can have a job here so that I could pay you. " ,Dylan looked apologetically. He never done this before. Ever. He was so disappointed to himself. He didn't imagine he could have this kind of life in this place.
" Don't worry, I wouldn't linger here. " ,he said. Dylan scanned again his bag to assure for the last time. He found something but it wasn't his wallet. It was a letter that wasn't his. He opened it and saw his aunt's penmanship. It was written for him. Why did aunt write me a letter? He thought. He read that letter.

Dylan,
I'm so sorry for troubling you like this. I haven't had a chance to tell this because your uncle always kept an eye on me. Your parents hid this to you. They wouldn't want you to know the truth. I respected their decision but I think it's time for you to know all. You are special Dylan. You are half-wizard. I just sneaked this opportunity to write on you from your uncle's vigilant eyes. After reading this letter, I know you would be stunned. Go to Hogwarts.

Aunt Medina

Dylan was shocked after reading the truth. He was a half-wizard? But... how? He was so confused. He wanted to go back and asked his aunt but he had made too much trouble to do that.

Genvieve didn't mind having guests over. "You're hired" She smiled a little she was trying to see if he would like to be her assistance. "But wait... You don't live here huh?" This fact made it worse. Gen needed an assistance, someone who could manage her meeting schedule, etc. She had been struggling in managing her own schadule, she was pretty exhausted and she needed someone to make her life better.

The girl walk away from the boy who was reading a letter and took the clipboard that was hung on the wall an walk toward the cabinets opening it one by one. She checked the check list on the cooking items however some of it's quality wasn't very good so she had to replace it with a new one. She then took her note from her bag and start making a list.[/color]

Dylan couldn't move from his position. He was so stunned and confused. What? He thought. But..... He read again the letter, try to understand the words written on there. He placed his gaze on the last part of the letter. Go to Hogwarts.
" Hogwarts? " ,he muttered. What was her aunt talking about?
" Hey Gen... " ,he called. " Do you know where Hogwarts is? " ,he asked without looking back.

After hearing the word Hogwarts, Genvieve conclude that the boy was a wizard or witch. "Yeah of course I know what it is. You were graduated from Hogwarts?" She asked not looking at Dylan. "One, five, two" She muttered as she start writing on her notebook still not looking at Dylan. After she finished making the list, she walk toward the table and put her notebook down
And stared at note for several second. "What's wrong?" She asked finally looking at him.

" Graduated? That's a school? " ,he asked her confusingly. " My aunt told me to go there. " He was contemplating if he was going to give the letter or not. He put the letter back to his hag. She might thought of him like a crazy man. He finished the last bite on his plate and stood to bring it on the sink and washed it. " Thanks for the food. " Dylan was good in household chores. He used to helping his aunt when she was doing the chores. When his parents died, he also started to live in a simple life.
He went back to her after.

" Anyway, when will we go to the market? And regarding to your apartment, is it okay with your parents? "

Genvieve stopped and looked at him, not moving an inch. "Wait... You dont know what it is?" Gen was surprised that Dylan knew nothing about it. "how old are you again? Its a little too late for you to enroll to that school. So dont worry about it. She said as she looked at him washing the dishes. She wasnt going to stop him after all Gen was tired and she didnt want to clean other people's 'mess'. She shrugged and walk beside Dylan helping him to put it on the rack "Dont mention it. And leave it, my people will clean it in the morning. And dont worry about my apartment. Its mine, my father gave it to me." She smiled and left a note on the table. The girl look at the time, time flew faster than she thought. "Come on I'll walk you there" She said as she walk away from the kitchen turning off the lights and walk outside the restaurant waiting for Dylan to come out and locked the door. "Just get some sleep don't worry about going to the market. You wont be able to get some sleep if you come with me." She said before zipping her jacket.

Still confusing, Dylan followed her out of the place. " I'm 17. Why? " ,he asked. He walked turning his gaze everywhere. It was a nice place. Nice place as ever. He'd been there when he was young. " Let me ask you one thing. " He still didn't turn his look away from the place.
" About witches and wizards? "
He covered his self from the cool breeze of air. " Are they real? " He was thinking of the letter he just read. Was it possible? Snow fell down on his cheeks. He remembered the last time he was with his family playing snow outside. That was his last day with them.

The apartment wasn't too far from the restaurant, Genvieve stopped in front of a luxurious building and took her card from her bag and swipe it and walk in after the door automatically open. "Hey listen, either witches or wizards are real, that doesn't really matter. After all you're 17, you can't be a first year in Hogwarts so don't worry about it, forget about all those crazy stuff that you heard" She walk into the lift and pressed the button on it. The lift took them to the 20th floor, she walk out of it right and swiped her card to the door. Gen walk to the Living Room and hung her coat on the hanger. "So yeah I guess this place's yours, for a night" She smiled and yawned as she walk to the couch and slam herself on it not sure if Saria was back in the mansion or was in the apartment.

After entering in a luxurious building, Dylan sighed. He didn't feel cold now. The building was enormous. He looked familiar with a lady who passed by. He'd seen her before, he knew it. He was contemplating where exactly he had met her until they reached the door where Genvieve swiped her card and it opened automatically. They entered the place. It was great. He placed his things near the couch and looked around. " This is a nice place for you huh. " He muttered.
" My aunt. " ,he said. Loping to his bag and grabbed the letter. He handed it to Genvieve so that she could read it. This time he wasn't hesitating to give it to her.
" It's stated there that I'm a half wizard. I don't understand. I think you know this matter, about witches and wizards. I could feel it. " He left her and wandered around again.
" Gen! Do you have telephone here? " He called back. He wanted to call his aunt to assure her that he was okay. He also wanted to ask few things.

Genvieve took the letter from Dylan's hand and read it, he turned out to be a half blood and he didn't even knew it. Gen didn't know how to explain this to him, he'd rather not know at all than being frustrated for knowing that he was magical. "It doesn't matter really, why do you care if you're half wizard? This wont affect your life anyway" She lied, well if the boy decided to be around wizards or witches then he would be one of those who could barely cast lumos at the age of 17. Gen wasn't even sure if those people existed until she met Dylan. "Yeah it's right here, catch!" She took the phone and threw it, trying to see if he could catch it.

Dylan got the phone before it could hit his face. " Oh.. Nice Catch. Thanks! ". He called his aunt Medina while Genvieve was reading his letter. He had a very long discussion with his aunt. He had many questions to be answered. He took time to sink in all the answers of clarity. He even had an argument with his aunt. He tried to listen everything and at the end he accepted all the truth. Now, he wasn't confused anymore. Everything was clear. He stayed from his place for a moment before he went back to Genvieve.
" Done. " ,he said giving it back to her.
" So, will you stay here until dinner? I can cook you my specialty. " ,he grinned at her. Hearing the whole truth doesn't bother him a much. He wouldn't let it change his life forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back