Here I am, Suit and All.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam stood in front of his mirror tucking his black shirt into his trousers, the night of the ball finally arrived and Sam honestly wasn't dreading it anymore. It was obvious that he would have preferred to have gone with Riley but Hilde wasn't the worst. She actually wasn't bad at all, something that Sam discovered after their talk after class recently. With a flick of his wrist, Sam glanced at his watch, he knew he ought to start making his way down to the Great Hall where festivites most likely already started. He quickly took his jacket off the hanger and slipped his arms into it. It was a perfect fit for the sixteen year old. In the end, his uncle had to mail him a suit after his failed attempt to shop for one in Brightstone. With one more fleeting glance at the mirror, Sam then left the room joining the flocks of students on their way to the ball.

Sam always hated the formal wear of the ball, suits had to be the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing ever and so, this year, Sam saved himself having blisters on his feet by wearing his scruffy black converse. They didn't exactly go with the formality of his suit, but he figured if he couldn't have his desired date, he could wear whatever the hell he wanted. Arriving at the great hall, Sam stood at the doors waiting for Hilde to arrive. He noted some of his fellow brotherhood members entering with their dates on their arms, some looking quite pleased others not so much. It brought a quick smile of amusement to his face but he peeled his eyes away from the crowd and looked specifically for Hilde and of course, Riley

Hilde's dress for this year's Yule Ball was a bit daring, but she really didn't care. She was finally 16, almost an adult in the Wizarding World, and she was coming a bit out of her normal comfort zone. Straightening her skirt up in front of the mirror in her room, she twirled a bit before she was satisfied with her hair and makeup. Picking up her red handbag, which really she didn't need but found it convenient for holding her lip gloss, then headed out the door.

Making her way up the stairs to the Entrance Hall, she spotted her date, Sam Prince. He was a rather unexpected surprise in the auction, but she was not disappointed. Hilde found after talking with Sam after class that he was not as horrible as she had thought it would be. He was a Hufflepuff after all, but then again so was Xavier and she was still quite taken with him. Xavier was not the true object of her affections and neither was Sam. Shane Zhefarovich was still the one that she was absolutely fascinated with and wanted to date more than anything, but that was just not to be. Straightening her skirt as she topped the stairs, she quickly crossed the stones to her date for the evening. "Hey Sam," she greeted him as she made it to his side. "You ready for this?"

With his hands dug deep in his pockets, he continued to keep his eyes watchful over the passing crowd. He couldn't really understand how girls got so much out of this night, yes it was rather out of the ordinary compared to most nights but it never turned out to be the big huge deal that most girls made it out to be. Sam hoped that Hilde wouldn't be obnoxiously excited about tonight like the other girls but even though he only talked to the girl for the first time, he didn't really think she was the type. It wasn't long until he heard the voice of Hilde beside him, Sam quickly turned around to her, "Hey," He smiled. Her words amused him and a light chuckle rolled up from his chest, "Hm, I hope so."With a slight smirk, he then held out his arm for her to take, in only a friendly manner, "Shall we?"

Hilde smiled as Sam held his arm out for her to take, linking her arm into his. She was grateful that he was being gracious about the whole auction thing, knowing that he would much rather be here with someone other than her. Then again, they were both in the same predicament. Shane would never be able to go to any school function with her, but really, what did that matter. He was dating a Ravenclaw that she had been doing her best to spy on.

As they entered the hall, she was not surprised that it was decorated beautifully. Couples were dancing and talking around the place. Hilde wasn't really totally sure what would happen since they had very different groups of friends. "Sam, you do look really nice tonight. Thanks for being my date. I know that I was not the one that you wanted to be here with, but I am still glad that you are here with me. I think I was one of the lucky ones in the Auction. I was rather relieved when I found out it was you and not a little first year boy." She smiled up at Sam, then turned and looked around the room. There were a few couples that were really mismatched and she couldn't help but smirk at them. She was speaking the truth. She had gotten lucky. There were much worse options in that auction than Sam Prince, but tonight was about all that would exist for them. She was not interested in him in any other way than a date tonight and maybe as a competitor on the pitch. Maybe they could be friends, but really, how often did that work out for a snake and a badger?

As Hilde took his arm he led her into the Great Hall to become only overwhelmed at the sight of the hall. He had attended the ball every year for the past five years and yet the beauty of the hall never seemed to disappoint him, each year it was bigger and better than the previous dance. Sam scuffed a worn converse against the floor at Hilde's words. She seemed rather gracious for him as a date and to be honest, Sam wasn't all too disappointed with her either. Not having Riley as a date bummed him out a lot but there could have been many other outcomes that would have been close to disastrious. What if it had been some first year kid who won, or even worse another guy? These thoughts only entered his head seeing none other than Aeon Summers and a Slytherin kid looking a little too cosy together. Sam had always suspected that Aeon had the hots for Taylor, but that obviously wasn't the case anymore. Turning away from the pair, Sam resumed focus on Hilde.

"It's no problem." He said lazily with a small shrug of his shoulders, "...And you don't look so bad either, if I say so myself." There was a lightheartedness in his deep voice, to be honest Hilde looked great but in no way did he like her like that. His hearts interest lay in another girl, a girl in which Sam's eyes constantly searched for. Sam's attempts in spotting his girlfriend in the crowd ended in vain and so his attention once more focused on his date for tonight. A slow song began to play and Sam let out a silent sigh as he watched couples go up to dance. There was no way Sam was dancing with Hilde to a slow song, that was if he was to dance at all, instead he turned to her awkwardly, "Can I get you a drink?" He hoped Hilde didn't have a love for slow dancing, because if she did, could he really refuse her this dance?

Hilde smiled, noticing that Sam seemed to be looking for someone particular. "Yeah, a drink would be great," she answered, biting her lower lip just a bit before asking. "So, who do you keep looking for?" She smirked just a bit while waiting for her answer. She was not too concerned with the other person, knowing it really wouldn't be any issue. Then again, she might just want to play with the other one a bit, make her a bit jealous. Hilde assumed it was a 'her' and not a 'him'. Sam didn't seem to be the kind of guy that played for the other team, but you just never know until the person said one way or another. Her only hope was that the girl was a good sport and would realize that she had no interest in Sam outside of being her date that night. The fact that her dress was a bit risqué would make her fun even better. The bare back would make dancing very interesting -- either Sam would have to rest his hand on her bare skin or would have to rest his hand on her arse. Either way could certainly make someone jealous.

After the outcome of the auction Riley was more than a little hesitant to attend the Yule Ball, but ot was a special tradition and there was no doubt that people would talk if she didn't. She didn't feel like being the sourpuss anyway, and decided against staying at her dorm wallowing in her own jelousy. The sixteen year old slipped her dress over her hips and waist and found that recently she really had gained some curves in those areas, something completely unfamiliar to her. Perhaps even more unfamiliar was the fact that she was wearing a dress of all things, the tom boy usually seeked comfort in jeans and a tee shirt, or worse sweatpants. But once her hazel eyes had hit the red dress she knew at once she had to wear it, afterall it had been her birthday present from her mother and it probably cost more than they could afford. It didn't take Riley long to sweep her long blonde hair back and apply her small amount of makeup she had borrowed from Arianna, and soon enough she found herself staring at the various couples grouping in the great hall.

Though the night hadn't exactly started off the way she had expected, Riley had been rather suprised that a second year had followed her around most of the night, his tongue practically hanging out as he told her countless times how beautiful she was and asked her over and over if she needed anything. Of course Riley felt bad for taking advantage of Elijah, but surely he couldn't have thought that she was in his league, he must have been only twelve, thirteen at the most. But the blonde had enjoyed for once having somebody admire her, but the whole night through her eyes had travelled across the hall, searching for one Sam Prince, hoping that he was searching for her too. She tried to act adult towards Hilde having won him in the auction, but the fact that a Slytherin with a mean reputation was attending the ball with her boyfriend irritated her more than a little, that and the fact that Hilde was rather beautiful, and Riley wouldn't put boyfriend stealing past her.

But as her eyes finally struck her boyfriends she didn't give it a second thought as she bid Eli farewell and made her way over to the fellow Hufflepuff and his Slytherin date. Looking at Hilde's dress Riley's stomach did a flip and she felt like running away, but as soon as she caught a glimpse of a smile on those lips she knew all too well she regained her confidence and walked straight towards the pair. Seeing Sam in a suit almost made her think that her eyes were decieving her, but at second glance she saw it was true, Sam looked so handsome, and the touch of his shoes, almost the exact same pair she had made Riley smile, he had to keep some of his personality in his outfit. "Hi" she said rather timidly, usually so confident all she could muster up was a small smile. "I didn't think I'd find you" she added, glancing towards Hilde briefly.

Sam slid his arm from Hilde's as he turned to get drinks only to be stopped as Hilde asked a question. Sam had just pressumed that she knew about Riley, but that obviously wasn't the case. He opened his mouth to speak but Riley's sudden presence was enough. "Riley!" Sam spoke both answering Hilde's question and greeting his girlfriend. He looked at Riley, overwhelmed at how beautiful she looked tonight, she looked beautiful at all times to Sam and he was pretty sure she couldn't get anymore beautiful, but she proved him wrong. A goofy smile spread across his lips but he quickly shook it off upon realisation. "You look.." He said slowly, looking only at Riley, he tried to think of a word to describe her tonight but from previous experience, there were very few words that described Riley. "..wow." He said simply smiling at her in pure awe.

He quickly snapped out of his sappiness when remembering that Hilde was still standing there. He looked at Riley to Hilde and back again not really sure what to do or say that would help make tonight any easier. He loosened his black tie awkwardly, "...eh...you know Hilde...right?" His pathetic attempt to make things less awkward failed miserably, Sam was never good in these situations and anyone who knew him was well aware of that fact. He was even pointing at Hilde which just made matters worse, Sam quickly shoved his hands into his pockets and continue to look at the two girls and the awkward situation that had so quickly fallen upon them.

Hilde had just asked a question as a familiar girl came up to them. Ah, so this is the girl he was looking for. Let's see just how well she likes to play, she thought. Her Slytherin side was in full force tonight, and she was going to have some fun. As Sam stumbled about for words and introduced the two girls, she couldn't help herself. "Well, not really, Sam, dear. I recognize your friend from class but that is about it." A devilish light glinted in her eyes as she held her hand out to the other girl. "Hilde Lindstrom. I'm sooo glad to meet you. Any friend of my date is welcome to hang out with us." She looked around behind the girl. "So, where is your date for the evening?"

Riley smiled stupidly back at Sam as he complimented her, he may have only said wow but she knew exactly what he meant. "You too" she said awkwardly, returning the compliment. Looking awkwardly back at Hilde as she was introduced the smile was quickly wiped off her face as the Slytherin began to speak. Riley didn't like her tone of voice and she most certainly didn't like her outfit, it very quickly became apparant what Hilde Lindstorm was trying to do. "Ah, hi" she said rather awkwardly, trying to force a smile across her lips. Looking back at Sam she was completely dumbfounded as to what to say, Hilde was deliberately trying to make her jelous and it was unfortunately working. Shifting her weight she opened her mouth to speak but no words came out, she felt so out of place, like she shouldn't be there. Instantly the Hufflepuff wished she hadn't worn the high shoes, she would have felt much comfier in her worn converses, but unlike Sam she wasn't so easily able to get away with the boy look.

Looking back at Hilde Riley snapped her mouth shut, realising she had left it open for far too long. Just simply using the word friend angered Riley, but she wasn't the kind to snap at her and immediately correct her on it. She looked stupidly back at Sam and wondered whether he was going to say something. Asking her where her date was really was the last straw, opening her mouth Riley hesitated for a moment. She could have easily taken the easy road and pointed over in Elijah's direction and averted any sort of confrontation, but why should she so easily let Hilde get to her? Looking at Sam for a brief moment she gained her confidence and looked straight at the Slytherin. "Uh...There" she said stupidly pointing towards Sam, he really was her real date, formalities aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back