Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Summer in New Zealand left something to be desired for. It was no secret Archie missed the sandy beaches and glaring Australian sun when met with New Zealand's freezing climate, and it was also no secret how annoyed he grew when he realized he needed to hide behind warm clothing all year round. What Archie could only describe as an arctic breeze paired with a deceitful clear day was not summer, not in any shape or form. The fact was obvious, that spite what Archie had been told, winter was here to stay. In all his frustration towards the weather, Archie took the liberty to distract himself by writing an owl. If he couldn't feel warm no matter how hard he tried distraction in the form of a letter to his family was his one and only option. The holidays had ended as quickly as they began, so the red haired boy had too many things to say to his sister but not enough time to say them. Amity was his confidant, friend, partner in crime. She was the first person in his mind when he picked up a quill and piece of parchment to write a letter that began where their conversation left off.
letter said:
Dear Amity,

You didn't tell me about the paintings.

Amity had not been doing much during this school term, she was taking the time to research about her biological parents, and well, she'd hit a brick wall, and from that point she had just been lazying around. Her parents didn't seem bothered by the fact that she was not working, or that she was spending most of her time at home, but they were good people like that. Amity was lying on the grass in the garden, enjoying the warm sunshine when she first heard the flutter of wings. The former Ravenclaw who had been reading and was holding a book in front of her face looked up from it, and noticed the owl. At first, Amity ignored it her book was really interesting, and then it struck her, that it was broad daylight, and that meant that it was carrying something. The newspaper had already arrived, and she wasn't expecting anything, so, it wasn't until she got to the owl and had removed the note that she realised who it was from. And really Amity was kicking herself for not realising sooner. She read the note and just laughed. She couldn't help it, it was funny that he was writing to her, and this was how he started it, exactly where they'd left it. She folded the note, and ventured into the house, she had nothing but her book outside with her. It took her some time to find a bit of parchment to write a reply. She took a moment to think about what she could say to him. But, thinking of his face upon seeing the paintings made her smile, and think incredibly fondly over the brother she missed. After writing a short reply, she tied the note to the owl's leg, and after a small treat, sent it on it's way.
letter said:
Dear Archie,

Is this you just noticing? Has your head been in the sand? Thank goodness someone in our family has brains.

letter said:
Ams,

The paintings are scary, okay? I said it. They yell at me when I try to take them off the walls. It's like they can smell my fear, and I'm too cool to be scared, you know?

Oh, and, my team won Quidditch again. Nobody can beat us!

What else? Oh, that's right. You smell. Tell me about the paintings next time. Love you.

Letter said:
Archie,

The paintings are harmless, Archie! They don't bite, well, most don't. I'd avoid taking them off the wall, they might seek revenge!

Congrats on the quidditch! I wish I could see you play! Are you the best on your team? Nothing's got past you yet has it?

I smell, dude? Have you ever been close to your unwashed socks? They are disgusting, I told mum to burn them cause they smell so bad. And really if I told you all the little things about hogwarts where would the fun be in you finding them for yourself?

Just maybe, don't annoy the suits of armour. Just like a heads up. You know.....

Love you too

letter said:
Amitea,

I have to take them off the wall if I want to use the secret passageways. I want to find all the secrets so bad, but because the paintings haven't told me the passwords I haven't been able to find one!

Nothing's got past me, ever. Not in the history of Quidditch. I wanna say I'm the best, but the whole team is good in their own way (I'm lying. Do I sound like a grown up now?)

Don't insult my socks! Everybody's socks are gross. That's what happens when humans have feet!

I haven't touched the suits of armor. But you're tempting me. Darn.

Is this the part where I ask about you? Is it warm over there? Is the beach still beachy?

Letter said:
Bro,

Oh dear, I guess you may just have to risk being eaten then....Maybe they'll all just take a small chunk of you and then be done. You might live to tell the tale...

I bet you are the best, although from what I hear, the rest of the team is pretty good. Any good looking people on the team? And don't say you, because all you are is adorably cute.
(Also, you'll never sound like a grown up, don't bother with that)

Yeah, but bro, your socks are like ten times worse that everyone elses.....

You should definitely not touch those suits of armour.

The start is when you are suppose to ask about me, but, fine, I'll deal with it now, it's very warm, lovely and warm, and the beach is very much still beachy. I've been enjoying the sunshine, and the warmth, thinking of you and your colder weather...
How is the castle, still castley? Studying hard or even at all?

I'm so sorry this took so long..

letter said:
Sis,

They can take a bath in paint thinner, I never want to become food!

The team is awesome, and together we are the best team! Total winners, champions in quidditch. Who cares about the professionals when Gryffindor's team is badass? Nobody. There are no professionals now. Only Gryffindor.

I miss the sun. I'm constantly in hoodies. Knowing the beach is still beachy and the sun is still sunny is the worst. You're doing this on purpose aren't you?

The castle is castley and it needs better heating. I'm always freezing my butt off.

I don't study, I only play quidditch. No matter what you think I am the best and the best need to practice, not waste time with potions or bleh, astronomy.

Love,
Archie.

p.s We're never talking about socks again.

letter said:
Broski,

Nah, maybe they wouldn't want to eat you. Can't imagine you taste that good. Plus, I'm sure they would prefer to eat anyone but those kids named Archie...
Perhaps you are in luck there. Feed some enemies to them!

The team should be awesome! You are on it! Forget the professionals, those beautiful, older, well toned professionals. I'll just pay attention to Gryffindor New Zealand from here on out. The greatest team ever.

I am writing this letter from the beach, it's a little chillier than normal, been windy so the water's a little less cold. But, still bikini weather. I'll add some sand to envelope, so you can have some in cold, beachless Hogwarts New Zealand.

Castle being castley is good. Just learn some spells and warm your butt. Forget quidditch, learn some spells so you don't freeze...

Will I be seeing you soon? I miss you little bro! The house is quiet without you running around being a stupid face.

Love,
Your absolutely amazing and brilliant older sister Amity

P.S when those socks stop smelling so bad, we'll stop talking about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back