Her Birthday Arrives..

Dakota Cinellison

Wand
Butternut Wood, 13" Essence of Crup Hair
It was March and that could only mean one thing;
Dakota sat at the Ravenclaw table, a smile pasted across her face.
It was the seventeenth of March and her 14th birthday.
She had received a book on Arithmancy from her mother.
As peculiar as most non-Ravenclaws found it, Dakota thought this the best present yet;
Knowledge.

She tucked into a plate of fried eggs, fried potatoes and beans.
The beans weren't fried.
Dakota giggled at this thought. Her head was a very interesting place.
She smiled to the other Ravenclaws.
"Nice day, isn't it?"

Eden walked into the great hall bored out of her mind. All those boys that she was leading on but there was something going on inside of her that was driving her up the wall. Stopping in the middle of the hall Eden stood there and looked up wondering what it was that was that was bugging her.

Dakota's eyes were scanning the room, looking to see who was where and what drama was unfolding..
But her eyes instead found a Slytherin girl in the middle of the Great Hall.
She popped some egg into her mouth and watched the girl for a moment; she recognized her from her classes; She was Eden.
Dakota had often found herself looking at this girl in particular- She was very intelligent and Dakota couldn't help but wonder why she wasn't a Ravenclaw.
Dakota, who had almost finished eating, gave Eden a slight wave: Well, it was her birthday after all and Dakota was a fan of being friendly.

Eden looked over and saw a girl sitting at the Ravenclaw table that looked like Dakota. Waving back Eden took a few steps closer. Realizing it was Dakota, Eden blushed. Realizing what she had done Eden blushed again and shook her hair in front of her face to try and hide it. Stopping right in front of the table Eden looked around and bit her lip she knew she should say something seeing as she knew this girl and it was also her birthday but for some reason it seemed like she did not understand how to speak or something. Shaking back her hair Eden said the first thing that came to mind. "Happy Birthday Dakota." Lame Eden thought to herself but took a seat next to the girl any which ways in hopes of making up for it somehow.

Dakota smiled.
It would appear that at least one person not from her house remembered her name.
"Thank you." She said before sipping at her pumpkin juice.
"Most people forgot.. So, how are you? I've never really spoken to you outside of class."
And it was true. Dakota was very much a bookworm and put being social after gaining knowledge.

"I'm doing well I guess. Classes are going well so far and my job is fun but I have been a bit sad due to the fact myself and Tohoru broke up a few months ago. So I don't know. How have you been? I don't really do anything but study and work so yea." Eden pulled a plate of food in front of her and started eating without really watching what she was eating.

Dakota stopped drinking her pumpkin juice and stared at Eden for moment.
"You broke up?" she said, truly surprised: She had thought they would be together from that time onwards.. But apparently not.
"I'm sorry to hear that. You were a lovely couple.."
Dakota drained her pumpkin juice and turned to Eden, giving her full attention before saying "Not a great deal. Studying mostly.. I did spend about a week hanging around with one of my ex-girlfriends.. That was fun. But she's gone straight."
Dakota rolled her eyes but gave Eden a gentle smile.

It wasn't that Dakota was ashamed of her sexuality, more that she just didn't go screaming it from the rooftops and henceforth, people were often surprised to discover what she was.

Eden looked at Dakota for a moment taking in everything that she had said. "Yea we broke up due to differences but no big deal where friends. Well I'm friends hes acting like a big baby when he is the one that said we should break up." Eden continued to eat her breakfast it was really quite nice, sitting here eating and talking. "I'm sorry hear about you and your girlfriend I never saw you two together but I'm sure you where just the cutest thing." Eden had been a bit surprised to find out Dakota was not straight but she would never let her see that. Eden prided herself in not making a scene.

((Sorry I haven't replied for a while))

"Ah, pfft." Dakota said, waving away the apology. "Larissa has a lot of things she needs to sort out, her gender preference no longer being one of them."
She gave Eden a half smile. "So.. You aren't seeing anyone, then?" She asked curiously.
Perhaps it was more than curiosity. Perhaps not.
Dakota needed to think this over.

((It's fine been really busy in RL myself))

Eden felt her eyes widen and she felt her fork drop from her hand. Larissa and Dakota? Did Hoshi know this? If she did than did she care? Realizing she was ignoring Dakota for far to long. Eden pulled herself out of her brain and picked up her fork once more and took a thoughtful bite of eggs. "I see what you mean. Larissa in my mind is biting off more than she can handle. I'm taking all subjects and doing very well while I have noticed she is having some troubles in a few subjects." Eden finished off the last of her eggs and pulled a few slices of toast close to her and started putting butter and jam on a slice. "I'm not seeing anyone at the moment due to the fact I had a bit of a slip up and ended up kissing one of my adoptive sister's ex's. Very mortifying I felt like I could die when I found out and than I come to find out he has a girlfriend which makes it about a million times worse. So I guess the long and short of it is that I am not seeing anyone." Eden took a bite of her toast and moaned in delight as the butter and jam mixed with the taste of the bread. Finishing her bite Eden placed her hand underneath the hand that was holding the toast and offered it to Dakota. "You should try this. It's really quite lovely."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back