Helplessness

Miriah Vlahovic

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Reed Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Miriah Johnson couldn't believe she had to resort to this. To asking help from someone she was barely close with because she had nowhere else to go. Miriah didn't blame Aiden for being done with her, since they wanted different things. For Miriah to tell Aiden that he was either going to give her a ring or they were done, might have been pushing things a little bit. Guys never really liked to be forced to do anything they didn't want to do, so getting kicked out was probably Aiden's way of telling Miriah that she was being a b*tch. But Miriah couldn't help it. When all of her friends and family were around her getting married and having their happy little endings, she was there left alone having to listen to their talks about weddings and stuff their husbands do. Now Miriah was stuck in this situation, where she had no place to go. Ophielle could have stayed, but Miriah needed her baby girl to keep her sane. Plus Miriah still wasn't convinced that Aiden wouldn't remember not to give her junk food and call it dinner. "Mommy I'm hungry!" A small voice cried out from beside her, and Miriah frowned. She prayed that the person she decided to turn to would help, because Ophielle needed to eat, bathe, and sleep soon. Hadan would be the last person Miriah would turn to, because she didn't want to get lectured by her sister. That would likely only cause a rift between the sisters. It was pretty much the same with Venita too. Miriah also considered asking Alyssa for help, but she was too prideful for that. Even if all she needed to do was use the phone to call for the help she needed. Hopefully Thane wouldn't mind her coming over and making a phone call.

Miriah had luckily still had his address written down back when she considered hiring him to babysit Ophielle every once and awhile. Softly she knocked on the door, hoping that Thane was home. It was somewhat embarrassing for her to have to come to him, especially when they were barely friends. What if he had company over and Miriah just tromped in looking like a mess, on top of it she had an angry little girl with her as well. But when the door opened, and she saw Thane standing there, the first thing that came to her mind was to find a way to pry her daughter off the poor man. "Ophielle, let go of the poor guy." Miriah was embarrassed needless to say. Her daughter wasn't helping her make a very good impression right now. After a moment Miriah managed to coax Ophielle into letting Thane go before she sighed and turned her to face him, it would probably be easy for him to see that she was stressed. "Aiden and I broke it off. Can I please use your phone to call someone?" Miriah explained the first part, kind of hoping that he would come to the idea that she was sort of kicked out. Miriah just hoped he would say yes. This phone call was her last shot before she would have to cave in and go to her sister. If her boss couldn't help her, she was doomed for sure. But that was if and only if Thane was feeling generous.

Thane Vlahovic was currently practicing his drumming, not expecting anyone over. That was why his outfit was entirely too casual. He had plenty of shirts from way back in the days, some repaired and some he managed to find brand new over in the United States. Thane was kind of wondering what Miriah was doing. She was someone that he liked, but he was definitely in the friend zone. His friends let him know that all of the time, and as long as he had her as a friend, rather than not having her at all, he would be just fine. Having those headphones on while he was drumming was really helping with the sounds that he was making. The house he had was somewhat small, and it was remote so no one called the police on him for making a loud racket. He did have a larger home, but it was over in Europe, and it just made him miss his parents even more, and made him wish he had settled down by this point. The moment that he had taken off his headphones, he could have sworn that he heard a knock on his door. That couldn't be his aunt coming to check on him. She never did that. So who was it? Thane wondered if it was Sebastian, but he somewhat doubted it. Hadan didn't know where he lived, since they weren't close at all. It could not be Beau either, since Beau was having a hard time of his own to deal with. Plus he was on a whole other continent. Not knowing who it was, he set his drumsticks down, and he stood up off of his seat. He walked over the drum set and then down the hall, toward the front door. As soon as he opened the door, he was attacked by a little girl, and shocked by who was standing at his doorstep.

"Miriah? Ophielle?" So he was shocked, and not even that, but the drummer was in a pair of sports shorts too, instead of something proper. He flushed a brilliant red before he looked down to see Ophielle practically attached to his legs. His teal eyes looked at Miriah and she looked like a mess. All he wanted to do was to invite her in, and care for her. Thane stepped to the side to let Miriah in as soon as Ophielle was pried off of him. As soon as she said that her and Aiden broke it off, he felt really bad for her. She had to go through something like that, and on the inside, he was a little happy too. So, she was single now, and she would be better off. "Yeah, yeah go on ahead. The phone is on the wall in the kitchen. Um, I'll distract Ophielle so you can have your privacy." He was getting the vibe that she was kicked out, and with Miriah came Ophielle. He allowed them inside before he shut the door. He then bent down and picked up Ophielle to carry her into the living room before settling down on the couch. He figured that Miriah would be calling Hadan, but he didn't know what for. He would keep Ophielle distracted, while Miriah made her call. What he did not realize was that from where he was at, he could hear absolutely everything from the kitchen.

Miriah mouthed a soft thank you to Thane as she watched him pick up Ophielle and take her into the next room. Ophielle was still fairly young and probably wouldn't fully understand what was going on, but it would be nice to be child free for a moment. Especially when this call was probably going to kill her on the inside. Carefully, Miriah lifted the phone from it's cradle and dialed the numbers that she needed to. It rang a couple of times before someone picked up and Miriah was able to spill her guts. "Hey it's me. I-what do you mean why am I calling you? I called because I wanted to talk to you. I think you're being really selfish with this right now....you could at least hear me out." Miriah's voice took on a tone of desperation as she spoke. Miriah hated having people mad at her without being able to defend herself. "I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'm asking you to be rational because my daughter needs her dad in her life. I-know he's furious with me. But it's not like this is was out of the blue. I wanted to marry him, I wanted to be with him! He just became so unresponsive to me that I thought he didn't love me anymore. Maybe the only reason he even stayed there at all was for Ophielle!" Miriah hissed, trying to get some sense through to the person she was talking to on the phone. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I need a place to live obviously, I can't let Ophielle sleep on the streets. WHAT?!" Miriah knew that she was in a tight spot, but she had some money and if she played her cards just right she could find a place for her and her baby girl to stay.

"Kicking us out was a little harsh though, but whatever. Bye, then." Miriah hung the phone up and rested her head against the wall before sighing loudly with frustration. This was not what she imagined her life to be like. When she was younger, Miriah didn't think anything of boys, it was all about books in her mind. But as she grew older, she realized that maybe she needed more than books in her life. Miriah wanted someone to grow old with and have babies with. It took years of her wanting to get to that point, but now that she was at the age she was, Miriah wanted it so bad. No longer was she young. Pretty soon she would be too old for this all together, so she needed to figure out what she was going to do and quick before she didn't have anymore time. Miriah lifted her head from the wall and brushed aside from of her brown hair. Right now she needed to think about what she was going to do and where she was going to go. Her daughter depended on her. Miriah walked back into the living room and tried to hold her composure. She had no idea that Thane had heard the entire thing. "I um-thanks for letting me use your phone." Miriah let out softly, still thinking about what she needed to do to make this okay again. Hopefully there would be a hotel or something, because finding a good place might take some time. Ophielle looked content with Thane too so maybe she didn't know what was going on just yet, and Miriah was thankful for that. Poor girl didn't need anything else going wrong in her life.

Thane looked down at Ophielle and wondered if she wanted something to eat. However his thoughts about Ophielle changed when he heard Miriah talking to someone on the phone. He narrowed his eyes and he thought that it was rude for him to be listening. However it was really hard for him not to listen. Now he could hear someone's voice on the other end, but he did not know who it was. Just that it was a male. He could somewhat hear, but he did not think that it was Miriah's ex, since she was speaking about him in the third person. It just sounded like she was distressed, and hoped that there was something that he could do. There was just something heartless about the situation, but there was no possible way that he could fix the situation himself, but there was another way that he could do this too. His home might be a bit small, but there were three bedrooms. If he could move his drumset and such out of one room, that could be one for Miriah or Ophielle. He knew that he had a few extra beds, but he would have to move them from his other house. For tonight though, Miriah and Ophielle could sleep in his bed and he could take the couch. Whatever was best for Miriah, and her daughter, he would do. Miriah needed someone to lean on while she was undergoing this, but even a bit of him was relieved that she was single now. That means that his feelings would not feel as bad or guilty anymore. Yet he just wanted what was best for the woman. And he had a feeling that it might not even be him. After all, he had no experience with children at all. However he could always learn, and he learned things quickly.

Miriah came into the room and said thanks for letting her use the phone. Thane stood up after making sure that Ophielle was not crawling on him. She really seemed to like him and that made him feel good about himself. He approached Miriah and he sighed, "Look, I overheard everything. I'm not going to lie. I just..." He faded off since he did not know what to say to her. Nothing he said could possibly help things out, so instead, he simply embraced her. Sometimes a hug can help out. Another thing he was debating on doing was ordering some Chinese or pizza, whatever they had around here, and give them something to eat. He gently pulled back from her and rested his hands on her shoulders. "I know the situation, and I know it might be a little weird saying this, but you need a place to stay. I have a three bedroom house, and though I only have one bed, you and Ophielle can sleep in my room, and I'll take the couch. Tomorrow we get your things, and I'll turn the other two bedrooms into guest rooms. Try to argue with me, and I will drag Hadan into this. I care a fair bit about both Ophielle and you, and you won't find any place safer than mine." Although he would have to charm the windows and doors so Ophielle did not go wondering off through the woods since he lived in a rather isolated area so he would not disturb anyone playing his drums. "So let's get Ophielle and you something to eat. Pizza or what? I have plenty. Have any allergies, either of you?" Thane was just not taking no for an answer. He would be heartless to allow his friend, a single mom, out on her own when she was not ready or used to it.

Miriah had a headache from all of this. Why couldn't things just go her way for once? Even this little break up had gone differently than she had expected. Miriah had never thought it was going to be this hard. Nor did she think it was going to hurt like this. Miriah had always thought it to be as easy as walking out the door and never looking back. But there was just so many things making Miriah feel like she might have done this whole thing blindly. When Thane admitted that he had heard her conversation on the phone, Miriah's stomach dropped. Now he knew about all of her problems too. Miriah bowed her head in shame for a moment, knowing fully well that Thane was probably annoyed to be pulled into all of this drama. Even though she tried to stay quiet and help keep Thane out of this as much as possible, it didn't seem to work too well. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to drag you into this. I just really needed a phone and....I didn't really think before I came to you did I?" He didn't seem to mind though, much to Miriah's surprise. In fact he even wound up surprising her with a hug in the end. The hug was nice too, because it made her remember that there was other people out there that cared for her still. "Thanks. Again, sorry you had to hear all of that. It's very unfortunate that this was how it had to end, but I'm tough, I'll get through this one way or another." Miriah had to. Especially if she wanted Ophielle to be strong and healthy herself. Perhaps the best thing for Miriah was to stay away from the whole dating business for awhile. It seemed to do nothing but cause people problems. Miriah tucked a few strands of brown hair behind her ear, already mentally preparing herself to try and pull Ophielle away from Thane so they could rent a hotel for a night or two.

Thane then stopped her in her tracks by offering her a place to say. Which sounded quite nice, but she felt like she was going to be a burden if she stayed here. Every single time Miriah tried to cut him off and tell him no thanks though, he kept going. Until the very end where he threw in that he would call Hadan if she argued with him. Miriah's mouth fell open in shock at his threat. What a sneak! Miriah knew better than to let it get that far too. Miriah didn't feel like listening to a lecture either, so she might as well comply. "Fine, we'll stay for a little bit. But I refuse to take your best. Ophielle and I can share the couch, or I can sleep on the floor if we both can't fit. I'm only staying here until I can get my own place as well, but thanks. It means a lot." Ophielle seemed to pick up on the fact that they were going to be staying with Thane and suddenly became very excited. It was nice to see her daughter smiling once more. Miriah didn't have any sleeping clothes or bedding for herself though. The only things she packed were for Ophielle, and she had doubts on her daughters pony blanket being able to keep the both of them warm. "Oh um, pizza sounds good. Plain cheese if you don't mind though." Oh so he was going to feed them too? Thane must have really felt bad if he was going to offer all of this up to Miriah. Did he feel like he owed her or something? The former Ravenclaw already knew that she was already racking up quite a debt with him, and soon it'd be so big that she'd never be able to replay him.

Thane felt really bad for Miriah and everything she was going through. A good girl like that did not deserve such treatment. He just wondered who all should know about this. Miriah had bowed her head and he sighed, knowing that she probably did not want to speak much of it, but then she apologized and then she said that she did not mean to drag him into this. She thought that she did not think. Thane gave her a small grin, "Look, don't apologize for something that isn't your fault. It is my job as a friend to help you, even during the worst times. I am more than happy for you to vent to." She had to remember that people loved her, cared for her. He was one of those that did care for her, and wanted her to be safe and secure, same with her daughter. She needed to be raised in a safe home, with a mom and a dad. Thane knew that she would be able to get through it one way or another. There were better fish in the sea. Thane just hoped that she would find happiness and soon. She deserved it. "And you have me here to support you, maybe your team and your family. They would be happy to help you as much as I do." Thane just hoped that she would take up her place to stay. Well, she might have to with the threat to call her sister. He would be glad to do that.

Miriah eventually agreed, with the Hadan as a threat. Thane was really relieved that she was going to be staying here, and how she refused to take his bed. Thane looked over his couch and loveseat, and thought that one could sleep on the other, or whatever. He just wanted to give her a bed and whatnot. Thane sighed and he said, "I can't convince you to take my bed for tonight huh? I think that Ophielle can take the loveseat if you are so against taking the bed then, and you can take the couch. I just really think that you two should stay in my bed..." Thane looked over at Ophielle and she seemed really excited about staying here and it just warmed his heart. They were going to have some fun while they were here! "Plain cheese if my favorite. I tend to ask for extra cheese though. Um, if you need something to sleep in, you can borrow some of my clothes. They might be a bit big..." Thane frowned a bit before smiling and heading toward the phone to order some pizza and have it delivered. He finished it quickly, and went back to see how Miriah and Ophielle were doing. Ophielle seemed really attached to him, and Thane couldn't bare to think of something happening to her, or Miriah for that matter.

Miriah shook her head. She absolutely refused to take Thane's bed. He was already being more gracious than he needed to be by offering his home to Miriah and Ophielle. Plus it would be awkward to go around and sleep in another guy's bed when she just broke it off with someone else. "No ore arguing, it's been decided. You keep your bed and we'll sleep out here. You've already done enough!" Miriah ushered as she unpacked some of the things she brought for Ophielle. Like things to sleep in and her bedding. "Plain cheese is fine with me." Miriah told Thane just as he walked off to order the pizza. While he went and did this, Miriah got Ophielle all ready into her pajama's. Usually after she ate, she fell asleep within minute's so it was best to get her ready now so they didn't have to fight her while she was half-asleep later. "It's okay, I can just sleep in this. But thanks for the offer." Miriah threw in, sighing softly to herself. This entire situation was very unfortunate for everyone, but she was happy to see that there were people out there like Thane that were willing to help her out. They were going to get her out of this slump that she was in, one way or another.
Fin.​

<i>​
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back