Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Kauri was discovering that, as a second year, he loved this time of year. Adored it. Now that he wasn't one of the youngest students, struggling to find his way around, it was a joy to meet all the new people, and help them get settled in at Hogwarts. The place felt new and fresh, and there was always something to do and someone to talk to. He hummed a little to himself as he made his way downstairs, towards the courtyard to enjoy a rare sliver of October sunlight. It wasn't often they got a nice day this time of year, and he wanted to enjoy it while it lasted.

Kauri had been busy helping first years find their way around all week though, and his eyes were pretty sharply tuned to anyone younger than him. He couldn't help spot a first year who was heading the same way, and decided to temporarily forego his rest in favour of helping her out. "Hey!" He smiled, approaching her. "Are you a first year? Need any help? My name's Kauri, I've been giving first years tours round the castle, I can point you in the right direction if there's anything you need."

Athena did not find it difficult to navigate around the castle like she had first thought, and most people always assumed. She liked discovering things on her own, more with her brother but when he wasn't around then by herself. The first year hadn't thought much about what was on each floor at all recently, so exploring the castle that day sounded like a good idea. She might as well while she was walking along the first floor corridor, she had decided that her studying for the day was done.

Athena stopped when someone approached her, she straightened and sent the boy a smile. He was cute and seemed nice. But when he started to tell her about giving a tour, she sighed. And here she thought he was another person to befriend. "Sorry to disappoint you," she said. "Kauri was it? I'm just exploring," she told him, maybe that would make him find some other first year to bother. Although he was trying to help, Athena loved doing stuff her way. "Thanks anyway though," she added quickly, turning to leave and move on with her day.

Kauri wasn't expecting the girl's response at all. So far all the first years he had offered help had been very grateful, and Kauri knew he would have been grateful for help back when he was a first year. It took him a moment to even figure out how to respond, scrambling to figure out why she was rejecting him. What if it had sounded like a prank? Kauri didn't want to come across as the kind of person to deliberately deceive someone, so he followed after the girl, hoping to clear his name and help her out. "This isn't a prank or anything, I promise!" He said quickly. "I know it can be hard to tell what someone's intentions are, but I swear I'm just trying to help out. I remember being a first year, this place is so huge and confusing but you don't need to worry, I'll answer any questions you have." He gave what he hoped was a friendly, sincere smile.

When the boy didn't immediately reply, Athena almost breathed a sigh of relief. Almost. She tried not to roll her eyes in annoyance when he insisted. "Look," she started, beginning to feel a bit sorry for him at the same time that she was feeling annoyed. "I believe you," she said next, referring to the prank thing. "I just...don't have any questions right now, alright?" Though her words weren't all that convincing, not even to herself. The more she thought about it, however, the more she realised she actually could not remember where she'd been meaning to go. Athena was exploring, she knew where she was, but as she thought about it she knew there was something she needed to do. Something she had completely forgotten about. There was no way the girl was going to own up and admit she needed help now. Athena was not going to embarrass herself, no matter how nice the older boy seemed. Then she got an idea - maybe the first year could, finally, get him to leave her alone. "So how many people have you helped?" If she changed the subject, maybe got him to talk, he would get distracted.

((I'm so sorry this is so late ;_; my absence unexpectedly wound up far longer than I was planning!))

Kauri couldn't quite tell if the girl was being genuine when she said she believed he wasn't trying to trick her, but he chose to believe her. Still, it struck him as bizarre, a first year with no questions. "Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly. "No questions at all? I know this place is huge and can be pretty intimidating, you don't need to worry!" He tried to smile encouragingly, still a little perplexed by this girl. Her other question surprised him a bit, and pushed Kauri a little further towards actually believing that she trusted him. "Heaps of people!" He said with a smile. "I've been showing first years around since school started up again."

No worries!

Athena nodded, folding her arms and listening to what the boy was saying. He didn't look that much older than her, only one or two years. Was he a Slytherin? Probably not, otherwise she would've seen him around the common room as the blonde had a good eye when it came to getting to know faces. She inwardly sighed, trying not to get too annoyed just yet. "I mean..." she hesitated, glancing at Kauri. "It actually isn't as intimidating as everyone says," she said matter-of-factly. "It's a big place, now that I really think about it." Athena wasn't about to give up exploring by herself, however she did not want to admit she was lost either. Then again another thing she had to consider, the more she talked to him was whether she wanted to have someone with her. It did have advantages. Her eyes brightened when he answered her question about the people he helped. "That's really sweet of you," she smiled. "Um, should we explore together, or something?" She suggested. Athena figured she wouldn't be able to be left alone for a while anyway, so she might as well explore while supposedly listening to Kauri talk. The first year was not about to ruin her reputation because she didn't feel like being navigated around the school.

ugh sorry it isn't the best xD

Kauri was relieved to see the girl relaxing her demeanour slightly. She clearly still wasn't interested in his offered help, but she at least didn't look quite so annoyed by it anymore. That was something! "I'm pretty surprised you feel that way. Most first years struggle to find their way around this place, it's huge. It took me forever to remember where all my different classes were, and how to get to them when the stairs moved." He gave an encouraging smile, hoping to start a conversation with the girl. Kauri was surprised when instead of rebuffing him again she actually asked him to explore with her! "That sounds great!" He said happily. "I can tell you all about this part of the castle as we explore!"

Athena knew that being annoyed and pretending not to be needing the help would tire her out eventually, especially with this boy who was so determined to help first years. She internally sighed as she realised what she'd done but surely the company couldn't be so bad. She shrugged. "I've explored with my brother and friends before, so it's not a big deal." She frowned. "So which stairs move? Not all of them right?" If anything, Kauri could help the girl avoid the moving stairs. Or show her which ones moved at a certain time. At least he was nice. Maybe, just maybe, she could win him over entirely. "Um, sure, anything interesting?" she asked him, curious to know. "Are there, like, secret passages anywhere?"

Kauri's relief grew as he saw the girl actually starting to relax around him. Maybe this would be a useful adventure after all! He looked up at the stairs, considering her question. "You can usually tell if it's going to move if the bannisters are kind of a weird shape on the landing. Most of them move, I think, but some don't move very often. You sort of build a knack for looking at the staircases and landings around and guessing which stairs are gonna go where. It sucks when you can only find stairs to the wrong side of the castle for your class though." Kauri pondered her question on secret passages for a moment. "Well, the kitchens are hidden, and I don't think we're technically allowed to go there, but I know a lot of people do. I don't really know any other secret passages other than that though."

Athena nodded as she listened to what the boy had to say about the stairs, not saying anything while he talked. Athena didn't like interrupting people, no matter the circumstances. It was what she'd always been taught. When he was done, she sent him a small smile. "Yeah, that's true. Not getting to class on time is the worst." The girl wondered how someone could be as cheerful to help others out, she had encountered a few friendly faces but so far Kauri was the only person she'd met who was willingly exploring with a first year. Especially after he'd mentioned that he was helping people in her year group getting from one place of the castle to another. The Slytherin could not help but to laugh at his response to the secret passages. "I mean, if you're hungry, what's better than to eat food the house elves make, right?" Maybe the girl would go down there just out of curiosity. It couldn't hurt and if she got caught then so be it. "You don't have to be anywhere anytime soon do you?" Despite her not wanting to admit it, Athena was enjoying the company of this strange but friendly boy. She hoped it didn't show too much in her tone as she asked the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back