Help the new guy...

Sebastian Rossi

Wand
Straight 14" Rigid Aspen Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Several days into the new semester, Sebastian still didn't know many people. He hadn't seen Jaidyn or Hadan, the only two people he had spoken to who attended the school. His classmates seemed alright, but Sebastian didn't know what to say to them. He was, after all, the new guy and they had all been at the school for years.

Turning a corner, Sebastian realized that he had no idea where he was going. Damn, lost again he thought angrily as this was the third time in just as many days that he had gotten lost walking around the school. With his hands in his pockets, Sebastian looked around for someone to ask for help.

Neita turned around a corner, her shoulders slouching and her eyes down. Why did I agree to this? she kept asking herself. She wasn't the best at making friends and it didn't help that she arrived at school a couple of days late. I miss Arisa!! And Ari! and Viv! and Libby! and Emi and Immy and Teddy she thought fighting tears, heck I even miss Ares! she realized. Realize she was in no way able to go to class now, she broke into a sprint trying to find her way back to her dorm.

Slam! Neita ran straight into someones back and sent her books flying, just perfect she thought as a single tear fell from one eye. She looked up into the boys face "I'm-I'm sooo sorry!" she apologized "I'm new..." she muttered as she began picking up her books. Whenever she did something wrong girls rolled their eyes and whispered 'shes new' and they would all nod understandingly 'She's from Hogwarts...' more nods. Neita couldn't stand it, she wanted to go back to hogwarts, where she wasn't judged for not being perfect and where she fit in.

Before he could even turn around, Sebastian felt someone slam into him. His body went flying forward and he dropped onto his knees. "What the hell?" Sebastian said turning around with his wand in hand and an angry expression on his face. It eased up considerably when he saw that it was a girl and she was apologizing already and in tears.

He helped her pick up her books and then handed them to her, neatly piled. "Don't worry about it...just take it easy before you knock yourself out running into someone" he gave the girl a small smile before adding, "I'm new too...name's Sebastian." He was beginning to think that what he had heard about the student's being arrogant was right, considering that the first person to talk to him was another new person.

Trilby hummed to herself as she walked along the corridor after leaving class, as she turned a corner flicking her long black hair out behind her she came face to face with two students she had not seen before. She smiled at them both.

"Good afternoon" her beautiful French lilting voice all but sang about the corridor, "You both seem as if you are lost. May I be of assistance?"
It was then she noticed the boy with his wand out and frowned slightly at him.
"We do not carry our wands out unless we mean to use them".
There was no malice in her voice at all, but being at Beauxbatons now for five years she knew the rules just as well as the next person. She wasn't a prefect either for nothing. Wondering perhaps if they even spoke French, she changed to English and though it was not her first language she was fluent in it.
"I am Trilby, one of your prefects. May I help with anything?"

Soon enough, another girl joined them. He had seen her in a few of his classes and knew that they were in the same year even thugh he didn't know her name. Lowering his wand to his side, Sebastian listened as she said something to them in French. He was able to understand a few words here and there like you and we don't carry wands, but for the most part was confused about what she was saying. He raised his eyebrow and then listened as she switched to English and introduced herself as a prefect.

"I'm Sebastian. Yea...maybe you can help me." he shifted uneasily wondering if she would be able to help him. "I was actually heading to the library to see if you guys have some kind some kind of French book because mine is tres horible."

"Hello Sebastian, I think you are in some of my classes" she smiled at him as she turned to the younger girl, "And who are you?"

Now that she knew they did not speak French she continued in English for them both.
"You are new also?" she enquired of the girl who seemed somewhat shy, Trilby put her books aside into her bag and turned to the boy.

"I was on my way there, I would be happy to show you" she told him and looking again at the girl, "and you also, is this where you go?"

Sebastian nodded as Trilby indicated that they did have some classes together. He smiled encouragingly at the younger girl before them, waiting for her to speak.

Neita smiled up at the guy she ran into as he told her to take it easy. The boy told her he was new and introduced himself as Sebastian. Before Neita could introduce herself another older girl appeared and started speaking French. Neita looked at her confused and wide eyed hoping she wasn't getting told off. She finally switched to English and introduced herself as Trilby. Neita smiled as Sebastian said he was looking for the library as his French was horrible. The prefect who introduced herself turned to Neita ans asked if she was new. Neita smiled, and tried to overcome her shyness "Yes." she said slowly "I just transferred in from Hogwarts New Zealand" she had a feeling she should stop telling people where she was from because it had caused alot of her classmates to look down on her, but she missed her first wizarding school and didn't want to be ashamed of where she first learnt of magic. She suddenly realized they were waiting for a answer from her. "Oh..." she thought for a moment, she didn't really want to go to the library but these were the only people she knew in the school. "That sounds good..." she said slowly "I can't speak any French" she admitted.

Trilby smiled at the girl kindly and made a point of continuing to speak in English for her.
"I have heard about this school, it is supposed to be very good" she knew that at some point this year she would be taking a visit to New Zealand for personal reasons, it was after all where her mother had grown up.
Beginning to walk along the corridor to guide them in the right direction she smiled and inclined her head as two professors passed.
"It is alright if you do not speak French, my English is very good. What is your name?" her warm smile was never far from her face, it was hard to imagine that she had so much going on behind the scenes of those brown eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back