Help is always welcomed

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Alex had just got out of his charms classroom, feeling like a good fresh air would clear his head. He walked down to the lawn but seeing the amount of first years about, he continued walking till the lake was in his sights.
Alex yawned. He was fed up with the first years in the dorms, thinking they could just take them over. He hadn't had any room last night to dry his stuff thanks to them. He took a seat against a tree, trying to remember the last time he had been here relaxing.
Or even had a conversation with someone in his year other than his prank chums in class. They were always busy for proper convos though.
Alex sighed, and rested his elbows on his knees just listening to the wind...and first & second years!

Kiera made her way down to the lake front. It was once again a beautiful day at Hogwarts. Kiera couldnt help but smile as the sun beat down on her shoulders. However, there seemed to be nothing to catch her attention. As she was idly wandering around, she saw a boy in her year. She recognized him from the first Astronomy class when he had been joking off by kissing her. She smiled to herself. He couldnt probably cure her boredom.

Kiera made her way to him. "Hi. I dont believe we offically met. I am Kiera Kingsley." she said with a charming smile. "Do you mind if I join you?" she asked.

Alex felt a shadow cast on him and he looked up, raising an eyebrow. He smiled as it was the hot girl from his astronomy class. Boy was he glad that she had spoken to him. He was nearly falling asleep here. Anything to stop him doing that again.
Alex nodded. 'yeah, sure. Take a seat if you want.'he said, patting his hand on the dry grass next to him. 'I'm Alex'he added, flahing another smile.

Kiera grinned and sat down where he patted the grass. "Its nice to meet you Alex." she said truthfully. After all, he was attractive.
She crossed her legs indian style and leaned back on the tree. She turned to look at him.
"So what have you been doing on this beautiful day?" she asked him, her eyes glittering.

Alex laughed as she asked him what he had been doing. 'Same as you. Charms and avoiding homework so far.'
He shifted slightly so he was facing her. 'And what about you? I mean after class was over'he asked her not really bothered if he didn't get an answer but it was meant to be a conversation starter.

Kiera laughed with him. She had been avoiding homework so far though she knew she would pay for it when she was scrambling to get it together at the last minute. He asked her what she did after class. "You mean the class where you kissed me? or just after classes in general?" she asked smiling slyly. She had found that class amusing and not been offended in the least at his jokes.

Alex smirked. 'Well,'he joked, putting a thinking face on before smiling. 'Nah, just classes in general'he told her. 'You didn't mind, did you? Throw me in the lake if you're looking for revenge or something'he added, joking of course.

Kiera laughed and shook her head.
"No of course not. Not with a handsome fellow like you." she said halfway teasing. "Mostly after class I go down to the pitch or find somewhere to run. Its been pretty dull around here lately. There is not much mischief to get into." she said shrugging her shoulders.
Kiera just liked to have fun but lately she had been pretty lonely.

Alex smiled. 'Aww, thanks' he commented back, glad of the compliment. 'Wow, you have been missing out. SHould hang around the corridors more. I always seem to bump into some fight or other' he told her honestly, not mentioning half of them were mostly started by him though. 'Hmm, we should really do something to get you having fun' he added, thinking of a great plan.

Kiera sighed. "The fights usually dont happen if I am around. The whole prefect duty takes the fun out of watching fights." she said with a shrug. She eyed him as he seemed to be scheming. Kiera grinned wickedly. "Got anything good in mind?" she asked curiously.

Alex smiled crookedly back. 'Oh yeah, but depends how well we get the hang of the spell. You remember the Charms homework we got, yeah? Well, if we manage to get that, we could place things about all over the place if you're getting me. It'd be good practise if it doesn't work anyhow'Alex told her, quite chuffed with his plan. Homework and mischief all in one.

Kiera laughed. He was really rather clever. "You mean the disallusionment charm? So people wouldnt be able to see the objects until they got right up on them if they saw them at all?" she grinned, liking his plan. "Everyone would wonder where this went or what happened to that." she said more to herself than him. It was an amusing idea.

Alex smiled. He liked this girl. 'Exactly. And we'd be doing our homework so no trouble risked'he added, smiling. 'Though the Prof said it was hard to master. Hopefully won't take to long'he said more to himself than anything but it wasn't personal. He waited for her agreement to the plan before saying anything.

Kiera grinned. "It is homework. The charm shouldnt be too difficult. I work at Ollivanders and he made me this wand especially for charm work." she said as she pulled out her delicate wand. "Hopefully it will give us the extra boost of help." she said confidently. She liked Alex and his plan. It didnt hurt anything that he was cute either.

Alex smiled. 'I have no idea what mine's for. Never bothered asking.' he commented on his wand as he pulled it out his back pocket. He then pulled a ball out his bag, throwing it up and catching it in his hand again a few times.
'Umm, how'd you do it again? I really wasn't paying attention much'he asked her, reckoning since she was a prefect, she was pretty smart.

Kiera smiled at Alex. "Sure!" she said as she took the ball from him. She was very fond of charms and it seemed easy for her to memorize them. She place the ball on the ground and held her wand above it. She tapped the ball once. Kiera grinned as it seemed to disapear in front of them. "Do you want a go?" she asked as she tapped the ball again, reversing the effects. The ball was once again visable.

((Im not really sure about the spell. It doesnt explain it in the lesson! :p ))

Alex watched as she did it, remembering now how to do it. He sort of wanted his ball back now though and rolled it infront of him to try the charm out.
'Of course madam'Alex joked as she asked him if he wanted a go. He looked at the ball and concentrated on it being grass-coloured. Pointing his wand at it, he flicked the wand at it but only parts of it vanished. 'Damn.'he muttered, biting his lip.
Looking at it again, he concentrated harder on it before flicking his wand at it and seeing the rest dissappear. He smiled a bit though it was pretty crap compared to her attempt at it. 'How did you do it so quick?'he asked curious.

(nor was i though i reckon if it was three taps he would have said. it sounds more transfiguration like that to me but anyhows. :p )

((lol your right. I changed it so she only tapped it once :p ))

Kiera watched carefully as Alex attempted the spell. It took him two tries but he finally managed to disallusion the entire ball. Kiera grinned at him. "Nice job." she complimented him. Then she heard his question as to how she managed to grasp the spell so quickly. She shrugged her shoulders. "Charms is one of my favorite classes. I just imagine the ball becoming like grass and then it does. I have practiced this spell before though." she admitted. "I have a book of charms in my room and I like to try them out." Kiera said with a smile to Alex.

Alex laughed. 'Only you would do that though of course'he replied smiling. He tapped the ball and it reappeared to everyone else round them. 'Hmm, I'll try again.'he said more to himself again. Concentrating on it being grass, like Keira had said, and tapped the air once more. The ball disappeared altogether this time and Alex smiled.
He looked about and noticed a luv couple of second years walking round the lake as well. Alex lifted the ball up and aimed for the boys shoulder. He chucked it towards them just as they were about to kiss and it hit him on target. Alex laughed at the reaction the boy possed, looking round for a culrpit.
Alex glanced at Keira for her reaction before summoning his ball back. 'This prank might just work after all'

Kiera grinned as Alex preformed the spell perfectly on the first try. "Awesome!" she said approvingly. Kiera didnt know what Alex was going to do as he picked up the ball. He chunked it at two younger students about to kiss. She burst out laughing. "Poor saps." Kiera said when she finally got her laughter under control. "I think this prank is ingenious." she said with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

Alex laughed as the boy now started looking at the girl with a bit more caution. 'Why thank you. Though it should be Prof Merrythought you should be thanking. After all, without having time to think it up, it would never happen.'Alex told her serious look on his face. he smiled crookedly at the end, wondering if she got the fact he wasn't being serious at all when he had said that. 'Shall we get to work?'he asked her, making his ball visible once more and tucked it back into his bag.

Kiera knew Alex was joking. She put a sober look on her face to play along. "I shall remember that. I must thank Professor Merrythought the next time I see her." she managed to get out before she started laughing again. Kiera heard Alex's question and grinned. "I thought you would never ask." she said slyly.

Alex smiled. 'You thought wrong. Umm, how about we have some branches and then maybe some ropes and then I dunno, you use' he said, quite obvious he wasn't going to stick with that. He leaned over and picked a branch up off the ground testing the snappiness of it. Grass, grass, grass. he thought before casting the charm on it. It dissappeared and Alex smiled putting it in his bag for later.

Kiera smiled as she could tell his mind was scheming. She picked up a few small rocks, not big enough to actually hurt them. She tapped them and they were virtually invisable. Kiera put them in her bag as he was doing with the stick. "Where are we going to get rope?" Kiera asked Alex. He was obviously the mastermind of this prank.

Alex smiled. 'i don't know. Where do you always come across rope?'he asked her, waiting to see if she would get the answer. He stood up and slung his bag round his shoulder. He knew exactly where rope could be found. The curtains in the corridors and there were a few near the east of the third floor staircases where practically no one went. Alex picked up a few more branches and tapped the air making them invisible a bit quicker. He was getting the hang of this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back