Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand - The Merlin 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
So this is official, real official banner, so don't laugh. It's very simple, though I need help finishing it.

ci4h3.jpg

that's the banner I'm using for my tut,

2cculus.jpg

this is my banner

these are the last of following instructions that I don't get.

now paste in the butterfly wings and move it's layer in between the texture
and the first taylor picture. set it to lighten only - 100 and drag it up to where
it looks like it's coming out of taylor's back. then add in the blue lights and
put it as the top layer, and set it to lighten only - 100.

once you do all of that, feel free to add your own text, any other
shading, or textures and you're done!

What does she mean by layer?
Between which texture?
What top Layer?
Where can I see the layers?
And when she says lightening to only 100?
What she means by that?

HELP D: thanks in advance and further comments are welcome.
I want to improve so I can do more graphics :) thanks ♥

What does she mean by layer?
Layers are whenever you add a new picture to your overal picture so you have a whole pile of pictures added to make just one. So when you save a picture you should save it as an .xcf instead of a .png so you can keep the layers the way they are.

Between which texture?
The texture would be the main grey part of the picture in the background so when you put the two pictures of Taylor in they would show up as layers above the grey one.

What top Layer?
The is probably the last picture of Taylor you put on, persumably the small picture.

Where can I see the layers?
One the right hand side of your screen you will see a long bar with all the pictures you've added on to your signature so far, all seperated. These are your layers and are in order of when they were placed on the banner.

And when she says lightening to only 100?
At the top of this bar there should be a drop down box that says 'normal.' Click the drop down box and select 'lighten only.' And by 100, that means to leave the transperancy of it at 100 (the fullest)

Hope this helps xD

Thanks Pat this help, somewhat >>_<< just the layer box did not want to come up,
I went on google for help. I manage to get the box, but everything I was doing wasn't showing up, except for the background. i click on the inside of the first layer and kept pressing new layer, but it wasn't working. Any more helpful suggestions?

Here what I did xD not similar to the pix but its not bad ^_^

20z9tvt.jpg

No text

2vm7x91.jpg

Text but from LunaPic, not the best but I wanted to see what it will look like with it :)

Comments are welcome ♥

Thank you Alexis ♥ ^_^ hopefully I'll know how to download text and more texture, plus stuff :) Right now it's getting use to this program first xD

The first banner is really good! A whole lot better than my first. lol.

As for the colouring, It's good, you just need to make it brighter. And limit the
amount of Saturation layers used. Like, when I changed This to this
The background is slightly different, but I made sure, that I had a few brighten layer to even everything out.
But overall really great first attempts!

Really great first turnout Maddy. ^_^

But as Emzies said, make it slightly lighter, that's all you need to do, otherwise, fantastic job for a first. :D

Thanks guys :)

I know I think I press the contrast button more than once >_< LOL

But thanks, any suggestions in making it brighter is always good (I went by a tut so it's like how do you get from one place to another) Very confusing but I'm getting a hand of it :)

To be honest Maddy, I would suggest you not use the tutorials and explore GIMP on your own. That's what I did with PS, I literally never used tutorials, I experiments myself, changing colors, contrast, hue and saturation, adjusting opacity and all that stuff. I would suggest you experiment on your own, that way, you actually learn something, instead of following a tutorial that is telling you what to do, and not really learning anything. That's just my .02. :p

Nah I like tut, they help me understand it better. If I do it myself I'll get frustrated but thanks :)
So I was up basically all night cleaning and such than got really into gimp >>_<< TEE HEE but here's what I blended up, hope you like it, epically my little sis (Kasey) as Maddiie :wub:

First Blend
2evs0gp.jpg

and than from there on I just fulled around alot with it, not much with coloring just blending, okay maybe a little color :p

fy3lzt.jpg

This

345bsdv.jpg

and

f2rlp5.jpg

that :3

r8yrty.jpg

:wub: the one without text but hearts, lemme know what you think ¢¾ thanks :)

10mjxh1.jpg

Tadaah got it bby :3
More Coloring :D

2csjk28.jpg
xpnbwn.jpg

I really like this one :wub: it's a blue tint but I dunno, I like it :)

Sally Banner xD

ekoscn.jpg

I didn't think I can do girly, but with Kasey guess I can :D

Learn how to color text xD More examples

6xuijo.jpg

2hnqnix.jpg

10zxw7o.jpg

25sc27b.jpg

sopveb.jpg

Yeah her hair was kinda hard, but I adore it :) at the same time

Comments are welcome ¢¾

Users who are viewing this thread