Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Unyielding Rosewood Wand with Boomslang venom Core
It was a cool autumn afternoon in New Zealand when Tali decided to step out and probably do some work outside instead of staying in her flat. She took a cab to Central Wellington while debating whether to go to People's Lukes Lane or Ekor, she decided on the latter. Quiet and coffee were all Ekor about with a bookshop and a coffee shop mashed together. A few minutes quickly passed with Hamilton only seven minutes away, Tali entered the quaint shop, glad that there were not many patrons there. She gave her order, one mocha, and picked up some cookies and muffins from the spread they had laid for the customers to take their pick. She got seated at her favorite nook and getting settled before opening her laptop computer. She was working on a new sports feature on the life of footballers the moment they took off their uniforms. She took a sip from her cup, never taking her eyes off of the screen that she did not notice the figure that just entered the shop.

Reagan finished his appointment with his tailor at Mandatory Menswear. His sister’s wedding is coming up, he wanted to look good and buy a customised one than buying a ready made like the ones he wear during games. He did all the paper work and paid with a check. The man left the building with a wave to the assistants at the store.

He wonders if Jenna has something to wear for the wedding. He did call Teagan and asked her if she can be on the entourage and fortunately she agreed. Looking at his watch and was surprised it was still early. Not having practice that day, the man wondered around Central Wellington, looking for something to do for the day.

Reagan spotted a charming cafe slash bookshop and was intrigued. Yes, his academics were average but he’s not into books but maybe they’ll have some sports magazines and sports history books. Also, a nice iced coffee will wake him. Entering the establishment, he looked around. It was cozy, warm and it became a little warmer when his gaze landed upon a familiar person.

She was always stunning, as stunning as the day they met. Reagan approached her cautiously because he might catch feelings again and he doesn’t want that anymore. They said their peace a long time ago but he thinks she hasn’t.
“Hey, crazy.” He teased her with a smile.

Her feature had finally came together after a week of research and drafting. She figured she could submit it to her publisher once it was done although it would be better if she could include some kind of snippet from an actual footballer. Some kind of quote or a piece of advice from an athlete to her aspiring footballer readers.

A familiar voice suddenly spoke up making her shift her eyes from her laptop to the man standing a few feet from her. Her face brightened at the sight of him as she carefully set her cup down. "Hello, stranger.", she teased back, giving a smile of her own.

Reagan doesn’t remember why they broke up, it was a year ago and he can’t comprehend what really happened to the both of them. Fell out of love? Maybe but he still wonders. “Still writing, I see.” He knows her very well. Laptop out? She must’ve have been working for an article. That’s how they met, they were on the field work and it just went romantically.

He was about to ask her if she’s ordered but the many sweet pastry in front of her says all. Talitha has a sweet tooth, cute smile … he was getting ahead of himself and shook his mind out of the gutter. Reagan, remember you’re moving on. He told his consciousness.
“I’ve read some of your articles lately and they’re pretty good. Haven’t seen a writing on how an @ssh0le I am yet but that’s a given already.” Reagan didn’t like himself when they were together. Maybe because of the stress of the game.

Taking a seat across from her, Reagan stared at her.
“So how’s life?” He asked

Just when Tali was thinking about getting her football player article, Reagan appeared in front of her. He still looked the same but what did she expect? Only a year had passed since they last saw each other and it was on the day they broke up. They fell out of love after a year of dating. A year of fun and full of memories, something she had treasured dearly. They tried to stay together but their careers got to them. The time they spent together became less as their schedules became hectic and when they did manage to be together, they either fought or were too tired to even argue. A week after their one-year mark, they decided to call it quits. It hurt Tali more than him, in her opinion, because between the two of them, Reagan looked more determined for them to part ways especially when it was him who suggested it in the first place. And yet, she had hugged him one last time with a sweet smile on her face.

She had finally moved on. These words came to her mind as she focused on what the man said. "You read my articles?", she sounded surprised although it shouldn't be. She wrote for sports, he was an athlete, that should be expected. His last sentence prompted a burst of small laughter out of her. "Please, that was a year ago. All forgiven. Look where it gets us.", she waved her hand dismissively. "We're okay.", she reassured him.

The article was almost done with only a few lines left, Tali saved her work before closing her laptop and put it away. She pushed her plate to the middle, offering it to her ex-boyfriend. "Life's good.", she picked a muffin and took a bite from it. "You liked my articles, that means I'm that good.", she playfully said with a wink. "What about you, Ray? No practice game today?", she asked in return.

The little laugh she made jolted his heart a little bit. He had missed those times were they're just started to know each other. Reagan was starting for the National team as rookie, he was having a hard time having to get along with his teammates and was busy on the game rather than to her. He wanted to save their relationship but he couldn't. His manager was relived but he wasn't. The man smiled slightly, he wasn't okay. He was alone most of the time because his family is either on the other side of New Zealand or a plane away.

Tali was there from games to just being home, she was there. But he didn't want to tell her that, he doesn't want to assume if she has somebody else in her life. "What are you saying? You're always good at what you do." He stated. "I mean, you should even be the Editor-in-Chief you're that good." Reagan was always proud of her but he messed up big time when he couldn't encourage her more. "Yep, they decided everybody needs a time off. Besides, I get to order my suit for Teagan's wedding." He answered back.

He chuckled slightly at a thought, it was when him and Tali broke up. Teagan was the first one to know and his sister scolded him. That was the mean part of his sister that he didn't knew. "Speaking of weddings. I'm pretty sure she's going to invite you anyways but would you want to go? I mean not with me, I'm pretty sure you've already someone to take as plus one." That was pretty obvious I'm being sneaky and asking if she really have someone, Reagan you're so stupid! His mind were debating but he kept it cool. Reagan was hoping she's still available.

Tali was just glad to have met the man who once held his heart and though it stung her a little to see him so well and happy, the woman was oblivious to the pale smile he showed. She was just filled with the pure happiness of reconnecting and probably making peace with her past.

If she thought she would not blush from Reagan's compliments, she was mistaken. "Why thank you kind sir.", she teasingly said. Unknown to the man's knowledge, Tali was actually offered lots of promotions during their relationship but she preferred the flexibility that she had when it came to supporting Reagan in his career. Eventually, she was offered the promotion to become the Assistant Editor-in-Chief days after the breakup. She declined the offer for reasons obvious to her and just focused on writing sports features that let her have a glimpse of his life until it became bearable. "I'll take that promotion when the time comes.", she said wistfully.

Her attention was caught at the mention of a suit and his sister. "Teagan's getting married?!", her face delighted. Teagan had been a great friend, almost like a sister and how the barrister was there when she first learned about the breakup. She noticed the slight shaking of his shoulders, narrowing her eyes. "Gotcha! You're chuckling. What's funny?", she asked, touching her face all the same. She might have something on her face, that would be embarrassing.

Tali was stopped short at the invite. She was ecstatic at the idea of going to the party but deflated when he emphasized not being with him. What caught her attention was how he was cheeky to mention her having someone as her plus one. "Well, that is actually true.", she said slowly, watching for any slight twitch on the man's expression. "When's the wedding? I'll have a look at my schedule.", she asked, taking another sip of her coffee.

The busy body of a sister of his is going to get married. Finally, one less person to bugged him about stuff. Only one more to go, although, he didn't want Kira to get married. She's the baby of the family and him being protective over her, well, it'll be very hard for him. "Yep! She is. Next up I'll be having nieces and nephews." Reagan thinks he'll be a cool uncle. The uncle that babysits and gives them sweets and take them back to their parents to deal with them. "Just thought of her when we broke up. She was mad mad at me for being stupid. I mean, I'm not that person anymore from a year ago. I had less stress from game days and everything." He was, although, very alone in his apartment that they lived together before.

Reagan's jaw tighten when Tali confirmed that she has someone. He can't believed how stupid he was to let her go. He guessed he deserved it, the woman seems happy though. He'll just have to meet this guy of hers.
"June. She wanted a summer wedding in North Carolina. I don't know why there, it's not like she knew the people there very well." If he would ever get married, it would be a New Zealand Spring wedding.

Tali nodded as she listened to Reagan, laughing when he mentioned nephews and nieces. "Yep, they are cool. Even better than having your own kids, maybe.", she commented. Not that she would not want of her own but she was not sure she was cut out to be a mom. Her breath hitched at what he revealed. She knew Teagan was sad to hear they broke up but it figured the woman was definitely mad at the man. "I can imagine Teagan giving you an earful of reprimand, even a swear word or two.", she chuckled at the thought. She knew they were of nobility but was pretty sure that Teagan had lost her cool at Reagan.

Tali knew him well. If he wanted to keep his emotions in check and in secret, the jaw would just tighten. The slight twitch of his jaw muscle did not escape her eye. Gotcha! She inwardly smirked at her victory. "Oh, June.", trying to her disappointment. "I got different sports events lined up for coverage but I guess I can pass some of them to others, make room for Teagan's wedding.", she said. Over the year, she had learned to balance life and work, something that she never did when they were together. "We'd love to be at the wedding.", she added coyly, emphasizing the pronoun, knowing fully that Reagan was trying to be a happy camper.

He chuckled at her comment about Teagan, she is a one heck of a sister. That he knows but tame at most. Reagan hadn't have a clue what Ben loved about his sister. Maybe the same things he fell in love with Tali. The man's consciousness smiled inwardly at the memories until he was snapped out of it with the woman's voice. Reagan sat back on his chair, "Who is this We?" He continued, "What's his name, address. Where does he work?" He wanted answers and he was also curious which man she replaced him with.

Tali smirked as she took a sip at her coffee. The questions he fired confirmed her guess, Reagan was not really keen on her bringing a date. "Hmmm... I don't think Teagan would agree to me bringing my laptop to her wedding.", she replied, a sly grin on her face as she regarded his face. He wondered if he would easily catch on. Teagan would always tell her to leave the bloody gadget whenever they were out for coffee together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back