Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Holly Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Braxton had enjoyed the Yule ball and when he found out about the Valentines dance, something his brother failed to mention, he had immediately thought of asking Camelia to be his date. Thrilled she had said yes Braxton had arranged to have something sent to him. Happy with how he looked and ready to go the Ravenclaw made his way down to the Great hall to wait for his date to arrive. If the night was half as fun as the Yule ball had been he would be very pleased.

Camelia was not feeling as down as she was about the whole arranged marriage anymore. After a long talk with her brother, it turns out she could actually just be herself, and try having fun as a normal girl. As much as Camelia tried, she still felt that anger within, and it was causing her to smile less and less. It hurt, but it was better than nothing. She was asked to the dance by Braxton, which she happily accepted. Camelia just felt comfortable around the Ravenclaw, and hoped that he would be her shoulder if she needed a cry. Dressing up in casual due to the fact her dress from the Yule ball ripped after she tripped on it on her way up to the dorms. She could not afford a fancier dress. She hoped that Braxton wouldn’t mind. She walked down in her flip flops, and stood in front of Braxtonn after locating him. She smiled, as she said nervously, "I'm sorry I'm not wearing a dress. I only had one and I ripped it by accident."

Braxton felt overdressed in his suit next to Camelia in her casual attire but he didn't mind, he enjoyed the girls company and he didn't care what she was wearing. He smiled at her and gave Camelia a quick hug, "It's ok you still look lovely," Braxton let out a little laugh when he noticed her choice in footwear. "Nice flip flops, I feel a little over dressed," He added. "Let's go inside, I seem to recall you like dancing,"

Camelia blushed when he said that she still looked lovely. She tried to fix herself up but it didn't work. Only her hair, because she did not know a thing about make up, and didn't want to wear it. Camelia beamed at Braxton, before saying, "Heels aren't my thing. Did you know I am an athletic person? Girly stuff is just so boring!" She reached for his hand and stopped herself from going into the crowd to dance just yet. "Wait. Um, I sent you a pink rose, obviously. I like you, but there's something you should know. My stupid parents signed me away to marry a pure-blood when I grow up. I don't want to. I don't like the guy. So, I'm not really myself. And I am totally ruining your night."

Braxton laughed when Camelia told him that girly stuff isn't her thing, he liked that, it made her a little easier to talk to. "Actually no, I didn't know you're athletic, but I like that, are you planning on trying out for Quidditch next year?" He asked as he had plans of his own to do the same. When she took his hand, Braxton had expected her to take him out onto the dance floor but instead she stopped and she began to talk to him, and it was serious. Braxton didn't know how to take the news that she essentially engaged, she was so young. "That's a lot to take in," He said smiling at her. "You're still here, so my night isn't ruined," Braxton added leaning in and kissing her cheek. "Forget about the guy, you're here with me, and I like you,"

The thought of Quidditch did make Camelia feel excited, but she paused when she thought about it. Her feet on the ground was much better, or in the water. Up in the air, maybe not. Camelia shrugged her shoulders, "If I can get over not being on the ground, yes!" If she did make it next year, she hoped that Braxton wouldn't. She was highly competitive in sports, and didn't want it to ruin their friendship. She did feel so relieved that Braxton did not seem to mind that she was engaged. If she could, since she was convinced that Octavian was the worst person on the plant, she would find a way to get out of it. It wasn't like she would die if she never went through with it, right? She did enjoy the little sign of affection, which was much better than the winking from before. "Great! I feel loads better. Being honest is very important, my mother always says. Come on, let's dance!" She attempted to drag Braxton out onto the dance floor with her.

Braxton was glad that Camelia was at least open to the idea of playing Quidditch, it would be quite fun to be opposite sides and compete against each other, unless she was the type to get crazy competitive then it might make things awkward between them. "I'm thinking of trying out too, my brother did in his first year and didn't get on the team, which is quite funny, if I could make the team when he didn't it would be good to rub it in his face," Braxton laughed quietly realising he had perhaps given too much away regarding his relationship with his brother. He nodded when she said it was important to be honest, and while her news was a lot to take in he was glad he knew early. "Yes lets dance," He nodded letting Camelia drag him onto the dance floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back