Magne Kleos

thalassophile | overwhelmed

Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Unyielding Hornbeam Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
After his first year at the school, Magne had found out that there was supposedly some massive creature within the lake. He had been keen to figure out how true this was. He'd spoken to his mother who had said it was possible, depending on the size of the lake, and reminded him about magic and that from what he said about magic many things were possible. So Magne had taken on what his mother had said and gathered some books about giant lake creatures, and some of his mother's books on finding animals in bodies of water and was trying to figure out how he could spot this creature and get a good documentation of it. He figure diving would be the best idea, but the school didn't have any diving equipment.

Lilith was taking a nice little stroll on the castle grounds, just looking around and getting more familiar with the places. She had wandered all the way to the lakefront, the very one she had seen Eoghan on. As if some sort of a pattern this time too she noticed a boy by the waters. Recalling what had happened last time she looked around to see if there was anyone else accompanying him, her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as she noticed he was in fact alone. "Ah, what are you doing?" The first year asked nervously.

OOCOut of Character:
Noticed this thread, hope its okay to still hop in :D

Magne glanced round at the girl as she spoke and approached him. He gave a little smile and then motioned out to the lake. "Stories, of very big, creature" he picked his words slowly, his english was better but he liked to just be sure he was saying things correctly. "Want to see if truth," he added, explaining more or less the entire reason for him being at the location he was at, and what he was doing there.

Lilith just stared at the boy for a second. For a moment she asked herself why was she the one stumbling across curious boys trying to see something in the lake. And why was she so inclined to speak to them and make sure they were safe. "Oh, any luck then yet?" She asked taking a few steps forward and glancing cautiously at the water.

Magne shook his head lightly. He looked back out at the water a little forlorn. He wanted to see it, wanted to be able to document it. It had to be interesting had to be a pretty amazing creature, if it existed, and he wanted it to exist pretty deeply. "It would easier, if the school allowed dive, but just be young ," he said not entirely content with his sentence, since perhaps older students could and just ounger students weren't allowed to do it. "I am Magne," he then introduced.

Lilith smiled softly at his curiosity. It was normal she supposed, though there must have been a good reason for the school to deny them diving and such activities in the lake. "I think, there must be a good reason for them to not allow such things, but I can understand the curiosity." She said. "I'm Lilith, but you can call me Lili for short. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking." She felt a little bad for asking, but his accent sounded different definitely more so close to home than here. "I'm from Finland." She added a little unsure whether she had crossed some line.

Magne shrugged a little, he was sure too that the school had a good reason for why they weren't allowed to go diving in the lake, but still, they would be able to see what they needed to. "Nice meet you Lili," he said in response as she introduced herself and then asked where he was from. "Greece, but been here for one year and bit," he said, trying to keep his voice as clear as he possibly could. "Oh, Finland. I live in Norsk, Norway, for five year,"

Nodding at his words Lilith smiled a little. "I have heard Greece is rather beautiful. Never been to myself, but I hope to go one day." She explained, thinking back on those pictures her parents had taken there from before she was born. "Oh, Norway. That one I have been to. I can even say a few words in Norwegian. Not much but I suppose even a few words should an accomplishment. Though I also speak Swedish and they are a bit similar, no?" Her nervousness was coming through in her little ramble so she decided to do something other than just stand there. Taking a few steps closer to the water she crouched down and squinted her eyes. "Hmm. I wish I could shine light in there somehow. Though I suppose it could disturb the habitants." Lilith mumbled the last part more to herself than the boy that was now directly next to her.

Magne nodded in agreement, since he had found Greece to be very beautiful, though he knew every country was, in their own way. That any place could be as beautiful and wonderous as Greece was. He nodded at that and then gave a little smile when she said she spoke swedish. "I think they are very similar," he said speaking slowly in Norwegian to see if she would understand what he was saying, if she did then this would be another way to communicate that was a little bit easier than english was, despite how he'd been improving. He watched her step closer to the water. "Yes, I imagine creature too deep for light," he said.

Lilith smiled at the familiar sounding language, though it was a tiny bit different she could understand most of it. "Oh yes, they indeed are." She said in Swedish, it was a little rusty but better than nothing she supposed. She was glad if they could find another common language, as much as she was comfortable speaking English and wanted to encourage him to speak it too, it was a good safety net whenever it got too overwhelming. It wasn't easy learning new languages. The first year just nodded at the comment about the creature being too deep.

"Perhaps one day we will get a glimpse of it? If not that would be a shame, sounds interesting." Lilith said shrugging her shoulders and turning to look back at the boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back