+ Have I seen you somewhere before?

Willow Autumn

OOC First Name
★ Missy
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Willow walked lazily down to the Great Hall and although it was her day off today, she knew she had to get up and study and eat and then more study then eat again. It was a never ending process for the young Gryffindor.
Gazing down the long table she was hoping she could find Chris, but disappointment feigned and he wasn't there, taking her seat she grumbled. We're in the same house, and yet I can never find you... Shaking off her disappointment she poured her goblet with pumpkin juice, something that she was still trying to get used to and took a deep drink.

Feeling her hunger rise, the tables around her magically came to life - it seemed that breakfast was ready and the other students around her seem eager to eat also. There were many various types of breakfast foods she could have choose from: Toast, different types of cereals, Eggs cooked in all ways you can think off, Porridge and then there were the sausages and fresh blueberry muffins.

Grabbing her plate, she buttered some toast and laid two sunny-side up eggs on her plate. Chewing silently, she wondered if anyone she knew was going to turn up at all...but this is Hogwarts... Willow thought as she took a bite of toast and stared idly out the window, ...I'll never know what actually is going to happen today.

Jamie had just finished his shower after finishing his morning jog and decided it was wise to go get breakfast and maybe afterwards do a little studing in the library or the common room. So Jamie head to the great hall and walked over to the gryffindor table and sat down next to a girl that he had seen in all of his class and in most she sat towards the front of the class with him. She was said to be one of the class top student and would most likely be in the running for head girl if she could keep up her grades until then, Jamie was hoping that he would be nominated for head boy but that was because he wanted to be the best wizard ever. Jamie found his normal bowl of fruit and bowl of rice with a cup of soy milk waiting for him as he sat down next to the girl.

"Hi, I am Jamie may I sit here next to you ?" Jamie said with a bright inoocent smile.

Grabbing a napkin to wipe her mouth, She sat there and stared at her empty plate.
It's quite lonely eating alone...

Willow noticed a boy coming towards her way, she noticed him in many of her classes and she saw him as a bright wizard who had a lot of potential. "Hi, I am Jamie may I sit here next to you ?" the boy asked.
So that's what his name is...

Willow nodded at the boy and patted the seat next to her;
"Hi Jamie, yeah you can sit here. I don't mind at all" Willow smiled at him,
Staring at her empty plate, and feeling that maybe two pieces of toast and eggs wasn't enough for the day, a bowl appeared and she filled it with muesli, Plain yogurt and strawberries.

She turned to Jamie, trying to make conversation; "So, what do you think of the classes so far?" She asked as she started mixing her cereal together.

Jamie sat down next to Willow and smiled real big as he took a big bite of his fruit, he was glad to not be eating alone and so after a few mouth fulls he was able to answer Willows question. "I am really enjoying my classes all except D.A.D.A and that is only because the Professor is a little young in my eyes but Grace made a good point it could be because he is experienced that he is able to teach. Potion was a little tough but Herbology is one of my favorites so far. I Dont like flying at all and so I have missed most of my classes." Jamie did truely feel bad about slacking on flying but he had a fear of flying and to do so on a broom just did not sound at all safe especially if they will all learn to teleport like he has seen a few people done in the village or even travel by fire which was interesting to him even more. Jamie decided to ask the girl her opinion since she was kind enough to ask him. "What about you? How do you like Classes?".

OOCOut of Character:

So sorry for forgetting this one I have been busy trying to get things back in order after taking a day or so break and I realize this pile up quickly :erm:

Willow giggled as she heard Jamie's disgust at flying; "Surprisingly, I've started miss Flying class. Flying really doesn't faze me and I don't want to fly - it's not that I have a fear of flying or anything like that, it's just that I don't find it interesting at all and by the way, if I wanted to fly, I'll learn later." Willow took a bite of her muesli.

She nodded along at Jamie's likes and dislikes of his classes in his opinions, that was always interesting to Willow - she knew she might have been the know-it-all in most classes, but if only people knew what Willow had to do to gain that sort of knowledge; "I'm enjoying Potions, apart from that mystery potion lesson" She hastily took another spoonful of muesli and swallowed; "I like Defence Against the Dark Arts to some extent, I don't know if I approve attacking each other with spells is useful or anything" She bit her lip and tried to remember her other classes; "I'm really enjoying Herbology now. I didn't at the start because Professor Styx was kinda intimidating but I like his structure and no nonsense kinda way of teaching so I actually learn stuff...and flying, you already know" Willow shrugged and smiled at Jamie before eating more museli. The more she thought about her classes, the more she thought which subject that she'd really enjoy doing the most. Potions and Herbology because they were Practical and Defence against the dark arts because it was knowledgeable, of course her opinions change in the next Semester but she couldn't help thinking which one is her forte.

"What do you think of Hogwarts so far?" Willow asked Jamie.

OOCOut of Character:
It's okay :D I know the feeling haha

Jamie listened to the girl and was glad to here that he was not the only one who did not go to flying like he was suppose to do,jamie took another bite of his rice and took a sip of his soy milk as he listened to the girl talk about her experience and feelings on the class that they both required to take this semester. Jamie was surprise that he shared a few of the same opinions as the girl, overall Jamie was enjoying the conversation it was one of the most interesting ones he had all year and it was nice thaat someone else could relate to his need of a good structured education. Willow then asked about his feeling on the school as a while which Jamie had to think about it a moment before he actually was able to respond.

"The school seems like a great place a little confusing at times and full of secrets that I would need a few several life times to learn all of them. I like it for the most part, I do not care for the bickering between houses since I have no right to judge someone based off something that they have not power to control. The grounds are gorgeous and the forest is beautiful even though it is home to dangerouse creatures, I miss the the cherry blossoms from back home but that is a small price to pay in order to learn at such a wizard famous school." Jamie said as he frowned slightly as he thought about what all he had said, "Do you agree?".

Willow finished eating her museli and reached over to grab the jug of orange juice; "I agree, the grounds are very beautiful and the lake is amazing also. I haven't been up near the towers where the Owlery is yet, but i've heard the view from up there is spectacular" She spoke warmly as she poured the juice into her goblet, taking a sip, she continued; "And yeah, I still get lost trying to find my way around this castle, let alone trying to reach the 7th floor to our common room, those moving staircases get some getting used to." She rolled her eyes, she hated the moving staircases, they made her feel nauseous when they start moving without warning.

She nodded along to what he was saying about Houses bickering with each other, she never understood why and maybe it was because of history about the school, but she wouldn't know - all she knew that everyone should get along no matter what. "It kind of reminds me of you know in America where the colored people were discriminated because of their skin color, it's kinda like what their doing here with Houses, so apparently Gryffindor is the best house and Slytherin is the Evil house and Ravenclaw is Smart and Hufflepuff is for everyone else who doesn't fit those categories. So what? People are people and they are who they are, it's not the house, it's the people." Willow fumed, she could get easily worked up on topics such as these, gaining her composure back she smiled; "Cherry Blossoms? I love cherry blossoms, I love it how they can waft through the wind and make anything in their sight look pretty" Willow sighed happily.

Jamie noddede as the girl agreed with him about the beautiful grounds and castle, Jamie had not been upto the owlery but that was becasue he did not have an owl of his own since he did not write to the monks back home and if he did he would use a school owl. Jamie would have to explore the hall of the castle more since he had the grounds down pretty well. Jamie then listened to the girl speak about america and there own troubled past at accepting people as equals no matter there background. Jamie was not use to discrimination since he did not deal with it growing up at least not that he knew of anyway.

"The cherry blossoms are very beautiful and are most cherish were I am from we even have a few festivals in there honor. I love to go evey year and maybe I can bring one seed back to put in the Hogwarts garden. Where are you from if you do not mind me asking? Oh and what is it like?' Jamie said as he wanted to learn more about his fellow classmates. There was a world out there and with in these walls Jamie would be able to learn about it without having to travel around the world to see it.

Willow smiled at the boy, he was awfully nice.
"I think there's a student gardening club, maybe you could ask them to plant a few cherry blossom trees around the grounds, I think Hogwarts would look gorgeous in the spring. After all, we know that spell now in Herbology that makes seeds grow faster." She smiled at him. She sensed his enjoyment when he talked about the trees back in his home and the festivals that he would go to every year. It seemed like, that he had a pretty happy lifestyle that Willow was only to happy to hear.
If it was anything, Willow was more happy to see other people happy and content, and sometimes she would forget to be happy herself but as long as other people were happy, Willow was happy. She was only a kind person after all with a competitive nature.

She blushed as Jamie asked her what was her home like, in Willow's mind, Dunedin couldn't get anymore exciting than being overseas but she told him anyway; "Well, where I come from...it's not very exciting, I'm from here, New Zealand. Except, I come from the South Island, instead of the North Island where we are now. I guess I live in the city of Dunedin, but I live in the rural area which is about 15km out from the main city area, which is nice, because there's a lot of greenery and the family I stay with have lots of animals, it's very gorgeous and serene, peaceful but...it's not very exciting, but it's what I call home at least" She nodded happily and took a sip of her juice. She wanted to travel, but she knew she'd have to wait until she finish Hogwarts first, as what her uncle says - Education first, Curiosities later.

Jamie listened to the girl talk about the garden and the club that had a lot of involvment in the upkeep of it, Jamie remembered signing up for a gardening club but did not know if it was the said club. Jamie had in fact signed up with a few clubs at the start of the year and was excitedly waiting for them to all begin, but he would have to learn to balance school which came first and clubs which came second. Jamie was glad the girl had not wondered off to talk to someone else, jamie was enjoying the company.

"It sounds fascinating that you are from an island as well, I had taken my home for granted until I came here and realize that I have come from a special place to unlike New Zealand. I still am naturally curious about the world and hope to travel after school lets out, maybe I can become a dragon tamer or Auror!" Jamie said with a bashful smile as he talked about his future dreams and goals. "Do you have any plans after school yet? or dreams even?" Jamie asked as he finished his meal and watched as his dishes vanished in a blink of an eye and a clean set of dishes reappeared in the dirty ones place.

Willow laughed and nodded, it was good to know that someone appreciates that Home has different meanings to different people.
She watched her breakfast dishes disappear apart from her goblet and the various juices and other drinks.

She couldn't help beaming when Jamie said he wanted to be a Dragon Tamer or an Auror; Willow was just about almost Tomboy as she was feminine, although her feminine side outshone her Tomboyish side more; "Dragon Tamer...man that would be awesome" She whistled and imagined working with fire breathing dragons - it wasn't everyday in a persons life that you would actually get to even touch a dragon. "Auror seems pretty cool, I wouldn't mind being an Auror, although I probably wouldn't be good enough for that and maybe my school marks won't let me achieve that goal." She pursed her lips, she didn't like talking into academics although she always wanted to try her best. "I'm not sure, I'm enjoying potions so maybe along those lines"

She took a sip of juice in her goblet, and continued; "I'm not sure really, we still have other subjects we haven't done yet so you never know you might change your mind"

Jamie was glad that someone thought his future job plans, he had run into a few people who found what he wanted to be as stupid or childish. However Jamie like the idea of doing something exciting and not common, he wanted to be a warrior of peace or an adventurer like he read about in his stories back home. James listened to the girl talk about her undecided future and the classes that they would be taking next semester. Jamie had heard a few students talk about what class they had next semester and the schedule on the bulletin board also informed him of what they would be taking next year and Jamie was excited. "I am so excited about the classes next semester and hope it would be as fun as it sounds. I am looking foward to charms the most and history of magic, what classes are you looking foward too?" Jamie said with a smile.

Like Jamie, Willow was also looking forward to doing charms, the thought of actually doing proper magic with her wand seemed so exciting; "I'm definitely looking forward to Charms, I'm also looking forward to Astronomy because I like star gazing, but I have a feeling that it's something that I'm not thinking what it's gonna be like."

She finished sipping her juice and sighed, she was enjoying talking about her future plans and such with someone who seemed to care about their own. "It's amazing how some people don't even know what they want to do once they leave hogwarts, or even have an idea about it." She gazed out of the large windows that beamed light through the Great Hall of Hogwarts New Zealand, she wondered what secrets this castle hid and what kind of people walked through these doors and what kind of people they were once they left the castle. Willow was hoping she'd be a successful witch when she leaves such a magnificent place

Jamie looked down at his watch and realized that he had to meet up with Stefan for a stroll around the school, He also needed to drop by the library to return a book and to check on a few other things. Jamie stood up and turned to Willow and smiled as big as he could be fore speaking " Well I hate to eat and run but I do have to meet a friend and run a few errands but it was nice to talk to you finely maybe we can do it again soon." Jamie bowed deeply towards the girl before waving and headed off to the dorms to gather his things and then it was down to the dungeons.

Willow snapped out of her thoughts and noticed Jamie standing up; surprised she noticed his big smile on his face and was disappointed at the fact he had to leave so quickly; "That's find Jamie. I hope i'll see you around again" She gave him a shy nod and smiled.

She watched him bowed at her and waved him off, when she was sure he was out of sight, she blushed a deep scarlet red.
No one had ever bowed to her, or even acknowledged her presence.
...Okay, cut it out Willow, he's just a friend.

Fin.
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back