Haunting The Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Titus

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
The Great Hall looked fantastic with it's floating pumpkins pumped full of light with grinning carved faces. It was the last Halloween at Hogwarts that Beth would be enjoying, and this year, she had gone for a more make-up based costume. She smiled to herself, wondering what would become of her in the years after her time at Hogwarts was up. Would she tryout for a professional Quidditch team? Would she have her first proper boyfriend? Would she marry and have children? Rather than feeling upset that she would soon be leaving these walls for good, she was full of enthusiasm and hope for the future.

A group of 'vampires' shuffled by, chatting among themselves. Beth rather hoped she would get the chance to interview a few attendees. Beth was growing to enjoy the atmosphere, those giggling and admiring one-another's costumes. Beth smiled at the passing lion wish it's flicking tail. She wielded her notepad and quill, ready for any chances she could snatch up to conduct interviews for the Hogwarts Monthly. Beth grinned at those present, hopefully.

Liberty walked into the Great Hall, that was dressed with various Halloween decorations. She had not attended the halloween party since her second year when she had dressed up as a banana and won the funniest costume competition with Robert and Larissa. She was wearing her superhero costume, and she looked around for people she knew. This year was her last, and she had tried out for the Quidditch team in hope of having one final stab at it. She noticed one of the Ravenclaw girls sitting smiling at the table, and joined her.

"Hi. Beth isn't it?" she asked, knowing her face from somewhere. She looked down at what the girl was writting, "Oh..your the Editor of the Hogwarts Monthly" she grinned. Even Libby, who wasn't particularly interested in reading, read the Hogwarts Monthly. It was interesting to see how her month was going to out, and she looked for any hidden gossip from around the school.

"Oh, hello there," Beth said cheerfully, beaming at the girl who she recognised to be in her year. They had not met formally before, though it seemed that Beth must have made a name for herself to be known by this girl. Although, they may have had one or two classes together in the past. Beth hardly spoke to anyone, nowadays, far too focussed on her work, both N.E.W.Ts and Hogwarts Monthly. The scribbles of writing currently said very little other than the fact that the Halloween themed Great Hall was looking wonderful and there had been some very interesting costumes sighted. Beth made a mental note to write down who she thought was in the running for each category of the costume competition.

"Yes, I am.. I'm looking for people to interview for the Halloween section. Interested?" She looked hopefully to the girl. Her costume was certainly creative, and she suspected she was a superhero of some description. Beth found herself a little more unsure of the muggle costumes, even though she had been raised with a muggle side of the family.

Libby smiled, taking a seat beside the girl and pouring herself a glass of pumpkin juice. "OF course. I'd be happy to help out" she said, taking a sip and looking around the hall before back at Beth. "I'm Liberty by the way" she added, "Libby Corvus". She was curious as to how this would go. Would she casual ask her questions and look for her response? Or maybe she'd have to fill something out. "How are you enjoying the party?" she offered the polite question first, even those who had the heads always in books needed to be given a little social chat every now and then.

(Sorry it's amazingly short)

"Lovely to meet you, Libby," Beth beamed, before scrawling something in her notepad and beginning the interview. Well, she had to pause for a moment, a little surprised that someone had actually asked if she was enjoying herself. Beth, a little unsure of what to say, nodded and looked around, "Wonderful. Brilliant costumes, here.." She had to stop herself from launching into anything overly enthusiastic, and tried to focus on the interview. ".. So, Libby, can you tell me exactly what you have come dressed as?" She wanted the words from the other girl's mouth, to note them down exactly. "And are you here with anyone, specifically? A close friend? A boyfriend? What do you think of the other costumes? Is this your last year at Hogwarts- if so, how are you feeling about that? Does everything feel more magical?" She blurted the words out as fast as she could, while still retaining some dignity.

Libby was going to struggle to remember each of the questions, and instead, gave out a little decription that she knew would fit each. "I've come as a superhero, not a particular one, just in general." She didn't have much time to fashion something, and had similar slipped something on, "I'm just with myself this year. Previously i've attending with my close friends, and i think it lightens the mood too if you have a small group with you, but no, i've not managed to find anyone to come with me today" she grinned, she'd find someone later. "The other costumes are great. I would say one or two stand out from the crowd, but really they all do so its hard to say which is best. I think the competition judges are going to have a difficult convocation ahead of them" she smiled. "Yes, this is my last year. I initally was never going to return to Hogwarts for this last year anyway, so the fact i'm here is a bonus. It's only that my family. have allowed me to return that i've been able to come along. I've only attended this event in my first, second and now seventh year, but each time it's held there is always a lively atmosphere, and some of the most imaginative costumes, and i can say that when i move back to France after i graduate, i'm going to miss these events" she said truthfully, only now realizing it. "I've had the memories of various halloween parties from such a young age and from the begining of my magical education, that to finish with another, rounds it off rather nicely" she added, "And the pumpkin juice is especially nice this year" she smiled, drinking down the rest of her glass.

Beth's quill began noting down the words, all across the page. A few side notes here and there. Beth was getting a pretty good picture of who this girl was. Beth even mouthed the words 'especially nice this year' as she wrote them down. She looked back up at Libby with a smile. "Thank you," she said happily, "I think that's all." she was about to walk off and find someone else to interview, but thought it only good manners to say something to Liberty. "I hope things go well for you in France." Beth said, knowing that this could be the one and only time they would ever speak. She knew that Liberty's personal life was none of her business, but though she had adapted to a more journalistic frame of mind, she still cared about people more than getting a story.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm just going to end the thread here as it's already November. Not taking any more interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back