Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Norton)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
April beamed in excitement as she saw the Great Hall, it was so beautiful! She squealed happily at the sight of the rose petals floating down the ceiling. It was so beautiful! April felt a little underdressed, but she didn't mind. The dance wasn't as formal as the Yule Ball in her mind, and she didn't really want to wear a ballgown anyway. In her current outfit, at least she could move around a lot. She wanted to dance.

But for dancing, she needed fuel. And she spied an assortment of baked goods that was practically calling her name. She grinned and rushed over to the table, her gaze fixed on a delicious looking slice of cake. In her haste, she didn't look where she was going, and she collided with someone else. "Oof." She muttered as she took a step back. "Sorry, the cake called me." She said as reason, as it made sense to her. She looked at the boy she had collided with and only then recognized him as her friend. "Oh! Kauri!" She said happily. "Happy to run into you!" She giggled.

Kauri was READY for the Valentines dance. Everyone here looked so happy, the decorations were really cute, and what could possibly be better than a whole holiday for people making each other happy and talking about how much they meant to each other?! This was the best. He knew it was supposed to be about romance, but that wasn't really anything he was interested in yet. It was easy enough to ignore all the kissy kissy couples though, and just focus on how happy everyone was. He was so focused on how happy he was, that he didn't pay nearly enough attention to other people being happy in his direction, at high speed.

"Ooph!" Kauri stumbled back, startled to have been hit in the chest at such high speed. His surprise turned to delight though, as he realised who had done it. "April!" He beamed, overjoyed to see one of his best friends. Perfect! "Hey! How are you?"

April grinned and grabbed Kauri's upper arms, spinning them both around in a circle before letting go. "I'm very good! Isn't this place amazing?" She said eagerly, looking around at everything. "I love these dances so much, though not enough people really dance." With dancing she didn't mean looking at each other and swaying vaguely, which most older students seemed to have down perfectly. She meant dancing. "Anyway, did I see you deliver roses too today? I did, right?" She giggled. "Any good ones? I got to deliver a few pink ones, which was fun! I also got a few myself. Did you get mine?" She asked him excitedly. "OH! I was going to get cake, wanna join me? There's enough, but I still want the bigger piece." She joked, grabbing his arm and dragging him along without really waiting for a response.

Kauri laughed, spinning with April happily. "It's so cool!" He agreed, bouncing up and down a little in excitement. "I love dances too, this whole event is awesome! It's the best time of the whole year!" Kauri nodded in response to her question. "Yeah, I love delivering roses!" He said happily. "I had a couple of pink ones, and some red ones too! It's so exciting seeing how people react!" Kauri's smile fell a little as April asked about his rose from her, nodding nervously. "Yeah, thanks so much! I'm so sorry I didn't send you one, I got so wrapped up in being excited about the deliveries I forgot to send any of my own roses!" It was the truth, and Kauri was quite embarrassed about it. He definitely had some making up to do with April and Xavier. But before he could say more April was already changing the subject and dragging him off and Kauri laughed, letting her pull him along. "Yeah, cake sounds awesome!"

April grinned and poked him when he said it was the best time of the whole year. "Of the whole entire year? What about Christmas? What about your birthday?" She asked teasingly. Then she paused. "Wait, when is your birthday? Is it now too?" It would be quite a coincidence, but it was definitely possible. April grinned when he said he had pink ones, and clapped her hands eagerly. "Oh! Oh! You won't believe it, Kauri! I had two pink ones from the same people. To each other! Have you ever heard anything so adorable?" April herself thought she was too young for all that mushy romance stuff, but she didn't mind seeing it happen around her. In fact, it made her happy. She laughed when Kauri said he forgot to send his own roses. "That's silly, sending them is definitely more fun than delivering them." She said as she dragged him to the table with cake. It had been her first year delivering them, and probably her last. It was too much work, in her opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back