Happy Birthday (to me)

Kylie Ortiz

OOC First Name
Alexis
Sexual Orientation
Bi-ro & Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pear Wand with Mermaid Scale Core.
While Kylie's fifteenth birthday had been a very large deal with her quinceañera her sixteenth, in contrast, was much less so. While she had been sent a few parcels from her family she knew very little people and was spending the day by her lonesome. While she could elect Pia to entertain her it sounded very much like her friend was having troubles with the change between Brazil and New Zealand so after having a lovely beginning to the day she thought she would bake a cake and offer it to any that seemed interested so she went down to where Isaiah had shown her the kitchens were. She hoped that the House Elves wouldn't be upset with her taking up some of their space.

The Ravenclaw tied up her long brown hair away from her face as she walked down from the towers all the way to the bottom levels. She was dressed simply, a jean jacket over a
white blouse and a brightly coloured skirt made her feel as if she was ready for spring to be in full tilt. For a Mexican girl who knew summer here was colder than her winter she still shivered although she was modestly clothed but with a warm oven that was going to be on she was sure that it would improve the way Kylie felt about the cool air. Once the cake was ready, of course, she knew that much more that her mood would improve so she walked in with a smile and started to ready the ingredients she could find and that she knew she needed.<i></i>​

Aluetta shouldn't have been hungry, but her stomach told her food was nigh, and she needed to eat some soon. The blonde made her way from her house, and by the end of the stair-filled trek she was panting. "This is ridiculous. I need to exercise." She spoke with a sigh, before heading down the last bits of stairs and into the kitchens. The kitchen always smelled so lovely, and frankly Lue always told herself she'd begin coming down more just to smell what the house elves were cooking. The blonde entered slowly, her waves falling in tresses down her back. As a native to France the warm temperatures in New Zealand didn't bother her. The chill only came when it rained and that was to be expected.

Aluetta's nose carried her body whilst she thought about differences in France and New Zealand. The nose seemed to know where it wanted to go, as it smelled the delightful scent of a cake being made. It wasn't until Lue saw a person among the elves that she stopped walking. "Hello!" Said the french woman, a cheery smile taking place on her lips. "Are you the one baking that cake?" She asked her, curious to know if a person could be overpowering the scents that the house elves' cooking produced.

While Kylie was preparing all the ingredients so she could start to mix it without having to look for something in the middle of her efforts she heard the door open. Expecting it to be a house elf she didn't pay any attention to who was walking through until she was asked a question. Kylie looked over her shoulder before she turned to face her with a big bag of flour and a bag of sugar in her hands, balancing them carefully so she didn't make a mess. She would hate to give the elves more to do, even though they insisted that they didn't mind. "I'm about to be," she answered, uncertain how the younger girl guessed that she was making a cake. The birthday girl walked over to the counter top where she had put all of the ingredients she had grabbed so far and told the girl, "You can help if you want?" While the Mexican girl was really more than capable of doing it on her own it seemed that the younger girl was curious. Besides the person who wanted to keep cake instead of eat it was a fool.

After what felt like a lifetime spent studying, Pia realized she missed her last meal and therefore strolled down to the kitchens for a snack. She was unsure whether she was exhausted enough to ask the elves to cook for her or if she would choose to cook herself so she decided to prepare to cook anyway and tied her hair in a messy ponytail as she walked. When she stepped inside the kitchens she was surprised to find Kylie and another girl of all people so she tilted her head to one side and smiled before approaching them. "Kylie!" Pia exclaimed towards her friend. From the looks of it Kylie and the other girl were baking something and although Pia was far from a chef nor had she baked much before she was more than willing to offer her services and assume Kylie did not mind the extra company. "What are you making?" She asked, remembering to keep to English so she could include everyone in the conversation.
<i>
</i>

Aluetta had smiled and was near introducing herself when another woman joined the party. It was actually a small gathering though, as a party would most likely need more people. Lue continued to smile, and more or less decided to interject to say hello. Her thick french accent was quite different from the Spanish-sounding voices these two spoke with. "I'm Aluetta, before we make this cake together!" She spoke kindly, hoping it wasn't rude to interject. She looked between the two girls, knowing the first one now to be Kylie, and waited to hear the other's name.

Kylie looked around when she heard her name with the familiar accent. She was really so relieved still that Pia had come to Hogwarts too. It made her feel less alone despite the girls having never been inseparable before. "Pia!" she responded excitedly and although the younger girl and Pia had both spoken in English, Kylie did no such thing. Spanish was much easier for her despite being a polyglot. "Would you like to join? I don't know about this girl but I'm having one small piece at most so there will be a lot of leftovers." She looked back over at the girl who had introduced herself and smiled brightly. "Nice to meet you. I'm Kylie," she said, now speaking in English for the benefit of the girl and simply to be polite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back