Happy birthday darling

Joseph Rogers

Joseph arrived at Nataliia's house late that afternoon. He had taken that day and the next one off work so he could spend his with his girlfriend, who just so happened to have the same birthday. Nataliia was cooking a meal for them so Joseph stayed in the kitchen and helped her to prepare, he loved spending every minute with her and now he father had promised not to interfere with Nataliia's personal life he felt must more relaxed visiting her, even though her father was still unaware of him being a muggle. Chavdar knew as did Rosaline, but he didn't know what good that did them.

But Joseph tried his hardest to keep that out of his mind, he had planned today to be as perfect as possible and spending it with Nataliia was a huge part of it. He made his way out of the kitchen to clean himself up as Nataliia set the table. Once he was in the toilet and washed up he took a deep breath. Reaching into his pocket he took out a small box decorated with hearts opening it up he looked down at a lovely dismond engagement ring. It was expensive but the person recieving it was worth every penny of it, he would have went higher if he didn't know Nataliia didn't like anything to extravagnt. Closing the box over again he smiled to himself, placing it back in his pocket he made his way downstairs.

Nataliia was humming a delicate tune, more like a french lullaby, as she prepared the meal herself. However, she had to cheat and she whispered to her lovely house elf, "Can you get the cookies out of the oven, please?" The elf bowed and piped, "No problem, sweetie." With a snap, the cookies were out of the oven, and onto the counter. Nataliia giggled, and went back to stirring in the apples in the fruit salad - though it was more like a finger dish than a salad. She remembered going to the Zhefarovich Manor (an eerie place, mind you), to discover her father infuriated, and Arnost moved out to live with some woman carrying his child. It was a shocker for her.

She finished by putting red grapes on top, and went to the fridge to retrieve a cool apple pie. The only thing in the house with high amounts of sugar in them was the cookies. With a wave of her wand, she hovered the plates down, and placed the warm cookies upon them, and then levitated the fruit salad bowl and pie into the dining room, setting them down. She waved her wand again, and candles were lit. Everything was beautiful, as it always was with a perfectionist. Something she had grown accustomed to now. She beamed, and called out in a sweet, sing-song voice, "Everything is ready, Joseph!" A dizzy spell hit her, and she placed a hand upon her lower stomach. With a few inhales, she was back to normal. She had to make everything perfect, so maybe the news won't shock him too much.

Joseph made his way down the stairs taking a few deep breaths, he was nervous, but he didn't know why. They both loved each other with all their being, so she wouldn't say no, would she? Joe shook his hear as he heard her calling out. Smiling at her voice he jumped the last few steps and walked up to her. Giving her a hug and a light kiss on the cheek he whispered softly, "Everything is perfect darling. You're perfect. You know that right?" he said with a light chuckle as he stepped away from the hug and pulled out her chair for her. He was always the perfect gentelman aorund Nataliia but today of all days he made a special effort to do everything right, so she would have no excuse to reject him.

Nataliia blushed crimson, and bit her lip a bit. She hugged him in return, and sat down. She gasped, "Oh! The drinks!" She flicked out her wand and a bottle of wine hovered from the kitchen, along with two fancy glasses. The wine poured itself into Joseph's cup, but Nataliia summoned a kettle of herbal tea from the kitchen, and poured her a glass. With her condition, she could not drink alcohol. She smiled up at Joseph, and murmured, "I wouldn't be perfect if I didn't have you." Nataliia wondered what was going on. Though she made everything special so she could break the news. But something told her that he was taking special measures too...

Joseph pushed in Nataliia's chair as she sat down. Once he was sure she was comfy he moved around and took his seat next to her, never taking his eye of her. As she summoned the wine he wondered when he should ask her. He didn't want to do it straight away and not to late either. As he took a sip of his wine he told himself to not take too many, he wanted everything he said to be perfect and not hindered in anyway.

Joseph watched as a kettle came to her cup instead of the wine like him. "You're not drinking tonight sweetie?" he asked, confused. Chuckling lightly at Nataliia comment he shook his head, "I highly doubt it." he said, never taking his eyes of her. "To being perfect together. Happy birthday darling." he said raising his glass for a toast.

Nataliia took a sip of her herbal tea. She set the glass down, even preparing such a small, but delicate meal made her tired. She shook her head slowly, "No, I'm not. It wouldn't be wise for me to drink on such an occasion. I want to remember it, after all," she lied easily. She stifled a yawn as she raised her glass for a toast. "To being together, without any strings attached. Freedom. Happy birthday, my Joseph." She took a sip, and suddenly found herself not hungry. She cursed in her mind, These symptoms will drive me insane! She took another sip of her herbal tea, and wondered if her house elf, Tony, put any vitamins or something for her body.

Joseph nodded understandable at Nataliia's excuse for not drinking wine, he too shouldn't be drinking any wine, but it was always nice to have a glass when celebrating, even though - for now - it was just their birthdays. He gave a small smile and nodded as he too took a sip of his drink. Setting his glass down he tucked into his meal. "It's delious." he told her almost encouragingly, and it was, so why wasn't she eating? He looked at his loved curious as to why she wasn't eatting, but didn't want to force the matter, he knew some girls didn't like to be pushed, and the last thing he wanted was an arguement tonight of all nights.

Nataliia finally took a tiny slice of apple, and debated on eating it. Last time she ate something, which was this morning, she didn't even keep it down. She breathed, "I've been feeling a little under the weather lately. Forgive me for not...digging in so soon." She gave a weak smile to Joseph, and she spoke, lying through her pearly whites, "I had a big, big breakfast this morning, thanks to my lovely Tony. The house elf." She added quickly. She gestured to her house elf standing in the doorway, bowing somewhat, before strutting off. As much as she hated lying to Joseph, it had to be done until she was ready to give him why she was feeling so tired.

Joseph listened to Nataliia frowning as she explained that she had been unwell as of late. "Oh don't worry about it. I hope it's nothing serious." he said rubbing her hand lightly, wondering what it would be like to see the ring on it. When she said she had a big breakfast he nodded lightly, "Well just keep drinking fluids, don't force yourself." he said with a reassuing smile. He wasn't an expert at sick people but with the amout of colds and bugs that went about at home around the went time he knew how to deal with the common things. Still holding Natallias hand continued to eat.

Nataliia laughed softly, "It's not really anything to worry about." She deliberately did not say that it wasn't serious, because it was. After all, she was carrying someone very dear to her, someone she had already grown to love. Nataliia cooed, "At least I'm not contagious." She winked at him. Nataliia loved the fact that he was holding her hand. It made her heart skip beats happily. She took another sip of her tea, and put down the uneaten apple slice. She wondered how hard it was just to tell someone the cause of her illness. Nataliia was still amused with the fact that there was something up.

Joseph smiled happily when Nataliia confirmed that it was nothing to worry about, he didn't like how she wasn't well today but maybe what he had in store would help cheer her up, even though she didn't exaclty look disheartened about her not being well. He looked down at her hand in his and decided now was the perfect moment. He didn't know how exactly he was going to go through with it, he wasn't much of a man when he was scared to just get down on his knee and ask.

So grabbing his napkin he whipped his mouth and 'accenditently' dropped it at Nataliia's feet. Slipping of his seat, making sure to keep his hand on Nataliia's he picked up his napkin and set it on the table again. Instead of getting up of the floor he positioned himself on one knee and pulled Nataliia's hand to it was caressed in his own. Looking up at her with a wide smile he started off with a sigh.

"Nataliia, I've known you a little over a year now. And the time that has passed has been the best time of my life, having you in it has brightened my dull life and I have felt love and happiness that I never knew possible. I love you with every inch of my being and this day one year ago I asked you to be my girlfriend, so one year later I ask you to no longer be my girlfriend, but my wife. Nataliia Dragonov will you do me the greatest honor and marry me?"

He took one hand of hers and dipping into this pocked lifting out a small box decorated with hearts on it and with his other hand opened it towards her to show the ring he had picked out for her he hoped she liked it, but if not he could always change it, provided she said yes. Looking up into his loves stormy eyes he waited for her answer, his heart beating faster than it ever had before.

Nataliia raised an eyebrow when she watched Joseph drop the napkin. She murmured, "I could-" She stopped. Why wasn't he getting up? Her lips were parted in shock, as he was on one knee. Oh my, oh my, oh my! she repeated in her mind. Nataliia thought that her heart stopped beating, and she couldn't smile. The shock was overwhelming, especially with crazy hormones. Nataliia strained to hear what he was saying.

She muttered, "Joseph, I-" She stopped again, seeing the ring. It took her breath away, and she gasped. "You are serious..." Nataliia was frozen on the spot. How would she say? What could she say?

Suddenly, she pounced on Joseph, her arms about his neck, planting a firm kiss upon his lips, and Nataliia beamed, "Oh my Merlin! Yes! I accept! Boy, this day keeps getting better and better! I mean, now we are engaged and you are about to be a father!" Nataliia did not notice that she let the information slide. Silly her, she kept going, "This news is almost better than mine! I figured you would freak out if you knew that you are about to be a dad. You have some guts to propose to me like that! I love you!" Nataliia couldn't be happier. After all, she was engaged!

Joseph waiting for Nataliia to respond, to say anything. She couldn't be doubting it? They were in the safe, so to speak now, everything was going to be OK. He sighed when she began talking, shock was allowed. He chuckled out loud, "I've never been more serious about anything in my whole entire life." he said confidanly. It was all true, the moment he had found out that Nataliia had talked to her father and that he wasn't going to interfer, he pretty much went out and bought the ring that day.

The next he knew he felt Nataliia's arms around his neck and their lips locked. Jospeh give back eagerally, he was sure to take this as a good sign. He stood up and took her in his arms and spun her round in a small circle before placing her down again. He smiled happily to Nataliia as she broke away and started to talk. He beamed back when she accepted, it was no doubt the best moment of his life, he couldn't be happier.

He listened to her talk on not wanting to stop her, all he wanted to do was kiss her again, but he happily listened to her talk. As he listened to her talk he could have sworn he heard her say he was about to be a father, but that was silly. But then she mentioned it again. He shook his head lightly, "Nataliia you're pregnant?" he said excitement dipping from his words. His mind started to whirl, he could only imagine one time that it was a possible outcome, after the visit with Chavdar, which would mean she was already at least a month on. He didn't care that she didn't tell him soon she was pregnant with his child, they were engaged, everything was perfect, he couldn't believe it.

Noticing the box and ring still in his hand he smirked and went down on his knee one last time, taking the ring out of the box he took Nataliia hand and slipped the ring on her slender finger. Smiling up at her, he stood up and kissed her again and placed his hand on her lower stomach. "I love you too." he said with another kiss.

Nataliia admired the ring upon her finger. It was perfect. Everything was. She was finally going to have a family of her own. Something she always dreamed of. Especially with her love. She kissed him passionately, and embraced him into a tender hug. She murmured, "Today has been the best birthday ever." She gazed up at him in admiration. Never had she dreamed of soon to be wed to a muggle. But he was special to her.

"We are a family. You. Me. And the little one. I don't know if it is a boy or a girl. Too soon to tell," said the newly engaged woman. She was still amazed with the fact that there was a human growing inside her. Nataliia took a step back, regained balance after receiving a dizzy spell, and she placed both of her slender, elegant hands on her flat stomach. Nataliia exclaimed, "I am still amused over the fact that I am carrying a life. It is just so...cool!" She could feel her teenage spirit return.

Nataliia did not care that the child inside her was not a pure-blood. She was well over that now. She inhaled deeply, and she blinked a few times. "But the symptoms really suck sometimes..." Nataliia wondered if she would have to go to her bedroom and lay down. But she was stubborn, a very common Zhefarovich trait, and didn't want to miss a second of this.

Joseph continued to beam at his bride to be, she was so beautiful, it was true what they said about pregnant woman, they were radiant, but in his eyes, she always was. Laughing at her birthday comment he nodded his head in agreement, "You have given me the best present ever. Your hand. A child. Thank you." he said giving her another kiss, but he eased off as he saw Nataliia step back, a dizzy spell? "Love sit down please. All this excitement can't be good for you or the baby." he said subconsciously placing one of his hands on hers, which on her stomach, and other behind her to pull out her chair.

He smiled down at her as she as she continued to gush over their child, which was still to young to know the gender off. "I'll be here for you to help you through it all, I promise." he said to her staring into her stormy eyes. Obviously he was going to be there for her and his child, he wasn't like many people he knew and be an absent father. He never imagined himself being a father or settling down at 23, but ever since he met Nataliia it was all he could think about, she had changed his life, for the better.

Nataliia laughed, and she shook her head, "I'm much too excited to sit down." She was perhaps more stubborn now that her hormones were out of whack. Nataliia ran her fingers through her hair, and she breathed, "You have given me more than what words can say." Nataliia bit her lip and laughed, "You are willing to sit here and assist me with this?" She glanced down at her body. She gazed back up at him, "So, are you willing to be here with me? Permanently?" Perhaps it was too much to ask, but something in her brought her to say it.

Perhaps the child had an effect on her even now.

Joseph rolled his eyes as Nataliia said she was too excited to sit down, she was stubborn in her ways but that was one of the reasons why he loved her so much. He kept her body close to him, for fear that she would take another dizzy spell and he loved having her close to him and their child too. It was hard to imagine the little person growing inside her right now, that was their's, even though he didn't know it, he loved it more than anything right now.

He laughed along with Nataliia, her words were so true and counted for both of them, at this very moment their lives had changed, all for the better. So many people his age had gotten themselves into this type of situation but for him and Nataliia it was all nataural and meant to be, there was no other option for them but to become a family, a proper one. When Nataliia finished talking he nodded his head, "Of course I am silly." he said playfully. "I will always be here for you and out little one." he said looking at her stomach lovingly before looking back up her with the same love in his eyes.

Nataliia leaned her head upon her fiance's chest, and breathed his scent that often came into her dreams at night. She released her breath, and continued to have him in a tight embrace. She gazed back up at him, her stormy eyes light and bright, twinkling with bedazzlement. Nataliia would be a mother soon. She murmured, "We must fetch you some clothes. Both robes and muggle clothes. And oh my, we have to plan the wedding!" Her voice had heightened into a squeak and she kissed him again.

Then it happened. She felt suddenly nauseous. Just ever so slightly. The pregnancy was affecting her body, and she told Joseph, "I need to go to the restroom..." One of the many symptoms. She released him from her grip, and took a dash to the bathroom. Joseph was living with her, she was getting married, and having a baby. Could things get any better? Nataliia thought, Maybe when I can stop making frequent bathroom breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back