OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Tired of seeing him moping around, Jacob had finally tossed a pair of socks at Onyx's head before asking him if he wanted to run down to the Yule Ball and grab some snacks. Jacob hadn't been planning on attending and had planned on an evening of reading comics in his pajamas. That hadn't been his original plan for the evening but between bad timing and a lack of bravery that should have resulted in his Gryffindor card being taken away, Jacob hadn't asked Onyx to the ball until now. He'd foregone the word 'date' that Tristan had encouraged him to use because this wasn't really that. He was just kind of tired of seeing Onyx moping and wanted to cheer him up. He was also pretty curious about who was going with who and he wanted some gingerbread cookies if they had any.

Deciding against going in his pajamas only because he knew it would mortify his mother, Jacob had quickly pulled on a pair of slacks and a plain blue dress shirt. He knew he was going to be way underdressed for the event, but this was merely a snack mission. There really was no need to dress up if he wasn't going to stay for long. Being this dressed down reminded of the time he'd been hanging out with Zennon who had turned up to a party in his pajamas, and Jacob felt down for a moment, sad that Zennon seemed to have chosen Analei over him, the only explanation he could think of for why they hadn't hung out. Brightening again as they reached the doors of the Great Hall, Jacob turned to Onyx. "Hogwarts New Zealand knows how to do a party. Wait until you see this" he stated before gesturing for Onyx to go in first.

Onyx had been brooding most of the night, though he hadn't noticed until Jacob had thrown his socks at him. He had jumped on the chance to dress up. He liked how simple Jake kept it, though he was a little disappointed it wasn't a date. With his luck though Jacob was straight. Still, he wouldn't pass up the chance to go to the ball with a cute boy. He followed his friend down to the Great Hall, wondering if Sapphire would show up.

He smiled as Jacob gestured for him to go inside. He took the boys' cue, his jaw dropping as he passed through the doors and took in the decorations. He whistled low. "You aren't kidding. If the snacks are any good then this is going to be good!" He turned and flashed Jacob a winning smile. "Where are the snack tables at?" He asked, hands in his pockets.

It was nice to see Onyx smiling again. Jacob hadn't wanted to pry so he didn't know what was wrong with his roommate, but he knew it was something. Sapphire had told him once that Onyx was always brooding, but every time he noticed him, it was like this, with a smile on his face. Of course, it was entirely possible that he just happened to catch him when he smiled but he didn't think that could be.

"This way or that way or that way" he said, pointing in the direction of a small crowd in each corner. He stepped in front of the guy and led the way to the furthest one, going around the dance floor instead of through it. "And the tree has presents so we have to do that too" he continued, speaking as if this was more than just the snack run he'd mentioned.

Onyx got a sly grin on his face as he followed Jacob. He didn't want to weird Jake out but he was really cute when he was trying to avoid... something. He sauntered behind the other boy, nonchalant as he could manage, his Sapphire eyes sparkling. Presents seemed fun. Maybe he would bring Jake something back after the holiday. When they reached the tree Onyx gestured towards the presents. "How about you grab one for me then I'll grab one for you?" He suggested, tempted to wrap an arm around Jake's shoulders as he talked. He kept his hands firmly in his pockets, though. Didn't want to go ruining the night so early on.

As they walked, Jacob was also looking for Tristan, curious who he had come with. He didn't see him though with how crowded the hall was, but he hoped the guy had been more brave than him and that he was having a good time. Not that it had worked out all bad for Jacob. He was here with Onyx, just not quite how he'd pictured it in his head.

Stopping at the tree, Jacob nodded his head at Onyx 's idea. That seemed fun! He looked around at the presents dotting the floor and picked one wrapped in plain, black paper with a very sparkly bow. Holding it out, Jacob smiled. "Here you go, Onyx. Merry Christmas. I hope you like it. It took forever for me to find" he joked.

Onyx laughed in delight as Jacob handed him a gift that was wrapped perfectly. He took the bow and stuck it to Jacob's shirt. "There, now you're just as fabulous as I am," He teased before turning and scanning the presents himself. After a moment's thought, he picked a plain white gift with a dark red bow. The contrast was striking and he thought it was the best-wrapped gift under the tree.

He turned to the other boy with a smile. "Here you are. It looks gorgeous enough, let's hope it's not socks." He teased with a wink. "Of course, judging by the smell of the socks you threw at me you could always use a clean pair." He continued playfully.

Jacob froze for a second, his heart pounding. Why did Onyx have to go and say things like that? But it was quick and then he was chuckling. "If you think I need this to be fabulous, maybe you're the one who needs glasses" he joked while he watched his roommate pick a present for him. It wasn't the one he would have picked for himself, but he wasn't the one doing the picking, though he would come back for the one he wanted later if he had the chance.

"They weren't even my socks... so THERE" he laughed as he gave Onyx a playful shove before finding a chair so he could open his present easier. The snack table was still so far away and the boy hoped they'd make it there soon. Forgetting Onyx, Jacob dug into his present, ripping away the layers of paper and throwing them on the floor. "Yeeeees!" he exclaimed as he held up a chocolate dragon egg. It was filled with caramel. These were his favorite.

Onyx placed a hand over his heart and feigned hurt. "You threw someone else's dirty socks at me? How could you?" He asked dramatically, putting a hand to his head and falling into the nearest seat with flair. He winked playfully at Jacob and began opening his present. He glanced up, an amused smile on his face as the other Gryffindor cheered over his present.

"See, I have excellent taste," He bragged. Then he saw his present. "Oooh," He gasped, holding up an elegant black fedora. He put it on with as much flair as he could muster and leaned in a little closer to Jacob, putting his elbow on the table and his chin in his hand. "Tell me it's as fabulous as it looks," He teased, sapphire eyes sparkling.

Jacob shrugged. It was a room full of twelve and thirteen year old boys. There were socks everywhere. He couldn't bexpected to keep up with which ones were his. Onyx was super dramatic, something that greatly amused him. Placing the dragon egg box on the table, Jacob watched as Onyx worked to open his box.

It was a hat, which Jacob thought was a bit of a boring present though Onyx seemed to like it. The twelve year old stared at his roommate as he put it on and leaned in close, not sure what to say. Onyx was a lot closer than he expected, setting Jacob's heart hammering in his chest. "I... I hate hats" he stammered though that wasnt true. He just hated this kind. On Onyx, it looked good but there was no way he could say that.

Onyx tsked and sat back, pretending to pout as he looked around the room. "Well someone has to have a sense of fashion," he teased as he noted one of Sapphire's friends standing alone not too far away. Seeing the kid he looked around the room, spotting his sister in a simple but pretty dress. He grinned, turning back to Jacob. "Hey, I'll be right back." Onyx got up and hurried off, a plan forming in his mind as he went after his sister.

Jacob was just about to say something back when Onyx was hurrying off. The twelve year sat stunned for a moment, sure that Onyx had known he was joking. Does Onyx really care that much about a stupid hat?, Jacob thought to himself. As he turned to see where Onyx had gone, he realized he was talking to another guy, another Gryffindor. Jacob flushed, realizing he'd just been rejected on a non-date, watching as Onyx headed with the guy somewhere on the other side of the Great Hall. Jacob sat there for a moment, feeling increasingly dumb for being alone at a party like this as others laughed and danced around him.

Getting further annoyed at himself for continuing to just sit there, Jacob stood abruptly and grabbed his egg before stomping for the door and heading out. There was no way he was going back to his dorm where Onyx could find him, so he headed for his favorite hiding place to drown his sorrows in caramel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back