Open Hands On Study

Milo Frogg

I Think I Will Cause Problems On Purpose

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Open after Sarah posts with Lucy Montague

Milo had been so ready for potions. Like, what was there to really learn about it, you just threw stuff in hot water and boom, magic, right? It was ridiculous that their professor was gonna make them wait a whole year before they could brew anything but fine. If Professor Hopkins wanted them to learn about ingredients this year, Milo wanted to get a little more hands on.

He'd had to wait for a busier lesson, even offering to help put away some things in the ingredients closet, but it'd only taken a moment and he'd managed to stuff a hand full of rats tails in his pocket, ferrying them safely and totally subtly out of the classroom as the lesson was dismissed.

"Hey, hey, look what I got," he said as they funnel into the hallway, immediately turning to wave a clump of the rats tails in the girl behind him's face. "Gross right, euurggh," he said with a laugh, wiggling them closer to her face with glee.

Potions wasn't shaping out to be Lucy's favourite class but that was mostly due to how theoretical it was. Lucy wanted to do something in class. She'd been waiting all her life for Hogwarts and it seemed to have a slow start.

They'd finished a decent, in Lucy's opinion, lesson and she was just exiting when another student waved a handful of worm-like tails at her. Lucy shrieked. "Oh my god what is that?! That's so gross!" She couldn't believe this boy had stolen ingredients from class and was now waving them around like they were nothing. Lucy instinctively stepped back, accidentally stepping on another student's foot. "Sorry!" she called out.

Milo nearly cackled as the girl shrieked, trying to step closer and wiggle the tails even closer to her as she shrunk back. "Rats tails!" He announced happily, swinging an arm wide to give them maximum gross-out wiggles. "They look like worms or something right, euurregh. You wanna touch them?" he said, still laughing until he felt his grip slip, a few of the tails falling from his grasp.

As if in slow motion, Milo watched as the loose tails moved in the arch he'd been swinging his arm, unable to move or react as the moved, wiggling through the air until they launched straight at the shrieking girl's face.

Lucy dimly remembered the bright light that was earlier today, before the rat tails, before this other student who clearly had lost his mind. "Rats tails?!" Lucy repeated aghast. They were awful, looking almost exactly like wriggling worms, like the boy said. And then, with utter terror in her face as she realised, some of the worms flew through the air and collided with her face. Lucy let out a loud shriek, brushing a stray fallen rat's tail from her robes and letting them fall on the floor. She looked at the boy in disbelief. "What on earth is wrong with you?!" she asked, her fear giving way to anger.

[quietly comes back to this thread several months later cause I love you oops sorry]

Milo hadn't meant to fully throw the tails at the girl. Not really. He was clever, but not even he could have expected such a spectacular reaction until she was screaming and he was already moving to cover his mouth to try to stem his own laughter, nearly in tears as he tried to catch her breath even as her shock turned into rage.

"Your FACE," Milo finally managed, still choking back laughter as he straightened back up. "Oh Merlin, I think there might be some in your hair," he added, breaking back out into another peel of laughter despite his attempts to compose himself. He didn't think he could have this much fun at school and he yet was so glad to be proven wrong.

[I love you too and I love that you revived this <3]

Lucy was angry. Angrier than she could remember being. The boy was just laughing at her, he wasn't sorry at all! Lucy drew herself up. "I should tell on you. I could do that you know. Get a professor involved. You shouldn't be taking potion ingredients out of the classroom without permission." She didn't know if she would really back up her claim or not, she just knew she had to say something to get the upper hand, if only for a moment. She couldn't believe this boy.

Milo had to gather himself for a moment before he responded. He'd been told on more times than he could count even before starting Hogwarts so he probably should have expected the threat. What did they even do if you got in trouble at school? Lines? Milo had to stifle another laugh at the thought of writing "I will not throw worms at people" 50 times over lunch though he still had to check over his shoulder to make sure the professor wasn't nearby. "Yeah, whatever, if you wanna be a goody goody about it," he said dismissively, considering trying to kick one of the rats tails now scattered about the ground at her just to see if she'd squeal again. "It was just a joke anyway. I'll just have to tell everyone you're boring and a tattletale," he added, rolling his eyes and deciding against the kicking, if only to save have to scrape any off his shoes later.

Lucy bristled. She didn't want people thinking she was boring - or a tattletale. She wanted people to like her - well, except this kid and that one Slytherin girl who was mean to her. Unknowingly, he'd hit on one of her biggest insecurities and Lucy felt frozen for a moment. It took her a second to finally reply. "Fine, I won't tell but...but it wasn't a funny joke. It was a mean joke," she said with a determination she didn't quite feel. "Maybe you should think about people's feelings before you do something like that again." She really hoped he wouldn't tell people she wasn't any fun. She could be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back