Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 16 Inch Unyielding Hornbeam Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Tess walked into the Great Hall, excited for the festivities to start as she felt pleased with her Halloween costume. She had never dressed quite so feminine before but she actually didn’t mind it to her surprise as she walked through the crowd. Her curly hair was manipulated with heat to straighten slightly so she could seem more like Goofy from Disney but she knew at the end of the day it would only be Muggleborns who would get her costume so part of it was that if she had to wear a skirt she might as well go for it entirely. After the girl stepped through the crowd she flattened her skirt with her glove-covered hands and picked up and ate a lolly whilst listening to the loud music.

Link had almost not attended the Halloween feast this year. Even as it was, he wasn't really in the mood to be noticed by the school population. Even though that Slytherin idiot had been the one personally attacking Link's family, many people pegged him as the bad guy. Link wasn't used to people disliking him so intently and so suddenly. By all accounts, he had much of his father's charm. Still, he didn't want the git to think he won, so he showed up at the dance just in time to see a very pretty girl he happened to know. The Gryffindor walked up to her and extended his hand. "Care to dance, Tess?" he asked in his most charming voice.

Tess hadn't expected to be asked to dance - not now or ever, really - so when she was she was delighted but confused because she couldn't recognize who was underneath all the makeup. She knew from his voice it wasn't Asaiah so with a sheepish grin she asked, "Err... who are you?" She hoped it was obvious why she was asking because she hadn't known what people were going to dress up as for Halloween - this nice boy especially as she hesitated accepting his offer in case it was someone playing a mean prank on her. She sure hoped it wasn't because she liked the idea of dancing with someone.

Link wasn't surprised that Tess didn't recognize him, but he feigned shock and hurt at her question. "Really? I thought I was more memorable than that. I usually make quite the impression." he said, a smirk on his lips. "Link. Link Potter. We met before the start of the term in the the pet store. Ring any bells?" Link asked, joking. He felt confident she remembered him. "So, what's your answer to the dance? Or are you going to leave me hanging?" he asked a sly look in his green eyes.

Tess immediately felt guilty for not having recognized the mystery skeleton. Maybe one of her friends had told her what they'd be going as and she'd forgotten? Or worse - not paid attention initially. She was ready to apologize when she saw a cheeky look on his face he might as well have been a ghoul instead. He'd been playing her but rather than be upset at the deceit she smirked when she was told it was Link. In truth Tess did remember him well from that day and had hoped to bump into him but not when she was dressed like a Disney character. Her cheeks were pink but she said, "I remember." She put her gloved hand in his and the girl smiled and said, "Well go on, Link." She felt sure that her quickly developing crush was as obvious as the nose on her face but tried to remain in the moment and not make it too apparent to Link. She'd heard that having a crush on a boy was the last way to get that boy to like you so she'd have to play it as cool as she could manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back