Half past midnight

Kyle Cavanaugh

OOC First Name
Khushi
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Almost a week had passed and this young Gryffindor had roamed the castle to his pleasure to explore new areas and he was finally not getting lost every time he had to attend a class. He had also tried out for the Gryffindor team as a chaser and a seeker and thus had seen the Qudditch pitch. The Lake had already secured the spot of Kyle's favourite hangout spot and all that remained unexplored was the forest. Kyle had thought this over in his head more than a million times and the curiosity to look at the thick trees and maybe spot a centaur was very overpowering. It was for that reason that the young Gryffindor finally came to the decision that he would go to the Forbidden forest that night. Of course he was scared of the idea of being caught by prefects of Professors during the day and the night seemed to give him some cover especially when he was dressed in his hoodie.

Kyle had gone to bed early that evening at so that he could be fresh and alert on his stroll. At fifteen minutes past twelve the alarm that was tucked under his pillow rang and quickly Kyle switched it off as he did not want to wake up any other students. He put on his glasses, tucked his wand into the front pocket of his hoodie and wore his sneakers before he silently walked out of his dorm and left the Gryffindor common room. The corridors were deserted and Kyle's senses were on alert watching out for any sound or movement but he met none until he left the huge gates of the entrance hall. Walking at quick pace he covered the ground between the castle wall and the edge of the forest, peaking over his shoulder every minute or so just to be sure he wasn't being followed.

As he finally arrived at the edge of the forest he pulled out his wand from his pocket and held it firmly in his right hand. Kyle had a good height and he could easily look like a second year or a third year, that would give him some advantage on what he could meet in his forest. Spells he did not know! Well he only knew 'Lumos' and 'Nox' so he lit his wand and made his way into the forest. It was as this young Gryffindor had predicted. The trees were so tall and ancient he wondered if the forest ground got any sunlight during the day. The vegetation was thick and wild and he could here insects and other unknown creatures in the distance. The forest ground was slippery due to the rain which they had experienced in the morning. This did give him an advantage as his footsteps did not make any noise and he did not give away his position, however on the down side if he just lost his balance he would fall into the mud face first!Kyle began to wonder if this was a bad idea and nervously glanced at his watch which showed half past midnight .

Nikandros Matthias thought that he looked pretty good right now for a good walk that was at night. Why? Because it was obvious that he did not care for the rules. Walking around at night? Why would that be against the rules? Nika thought that it would be cool to walk around anyway. He was on the lawns, and there were no Prefects and Professors around. Nika did not really have a favorite place to go to yet, he had not explored many places, but he was willing to go for it though. He was looking around. Now there was something that enticed those amber eyes, a forest! Not just any forest at night, it was the Forbidden Forest. And that was something that he was drawn to. Why was it so forbidden? What was in there? Did people vanish in there? Nika entered the forest, just the edges of it, and he gazed around. He didn't know who else would be out here, but he was certain that he was going to try to scare them away. Though he doubted that he would meet with anyone from his house. Nika would just hate to see someone that was in the brave ol' house of Gryffindor run like a scaredy cat. However he did not know that there was another Gryffindor first year also with plans to come down to the forest and have a good time too. He was unsure what he was going to do either. Nika heard someone lurking about, and he hid behind a tree, almost positive that he was going to get caught. However when he peered from behind the bark, he saw a boy his age, and from the glow of the Lumos, he could see some of the features. He saw him before.

His house, in the first years boys dorm. That was where he was seen before. Nika wondered if he could scare the boy, in any way. He looked around the trees as he very quietly. He could not see any branch that could help him out with getting higher to make some scary werewolf sounds. Nika flourished his wand, and he waited for his chance to come from behind. He said the small spell that lit up his wand, and he held it in front of him before he said in a very stern, almost mean tone, "Very brave, the likes of another first year to go into the forest at night. Come to find the skeletons of those that died here, or become one?" Nika actually did not know that there was a few killings here, so he thought that he was lying. It was fun to stir some fear into people, and maybe he could throw something without the boy knowing, and he could cause him to run and cry. Now that would be a good sight. Nika loved to see others squirm or something. He was a bully, and he was going to remain like that. Even if the founder of his house would not like him, Nika couldn't give a rat's arse about the founder and who he would like and dislike. And Nika disliked the common Gryffindors, the typical ones, the want-to-be heroes.

The young gryffindor tried to look at the moon. It was only partially visible due to the tall trees. All of a sudden he realized that it was a full moon today. A conversation played in his head, it was about the time when his cousin was describing sighting of werewolves in nearby village. Werewolves...aren't they most powerful on full moon? Kyle thought shifting his weight from one leg to the other. The next second he told himself that he had not come this far to go back. He had to see something if not a centaur and hopefully not werewolves. Maybe a fawn..were those actually existing well the only way to find out is keep walking he thought to himself.

Just as he was going to continue his journey into the forest he heard a sound and someone spoke to him. Kyle was rooted to the spot and all of a sudden his legs had turned into lead. He prayed it was not a Professor. It sounded human enough but then again he had never heard a centuar so he could not be sure. 'Another first year'? Kyle turned around as his mind made sense of the words spoken to him. He was not afraid of any killings or skeletons, of being expelled, he was. Whether it was bravery or just dumb luck, Kyle did had not jump or fallen when he had been spoken to and that was good for starters.

As Kyle turned, the light from his wand illuminated the face of the person who had spoken to him and to Kyle's relief and a little surprise the person was just a student whom Kyle remembered from his dormitory. "I'd just come to see a centaur. I'm not very fond or dead bodies and skeletons...I wouldn't go looking for them." Kyle told the boy whose name he did not know. Introductions seemed like the least necessary thing on his list for the moment. Kyle needed to know if the boy had been spotted while coming here. If that was the case, Kyle too would be in trouble. "Did you follow me? Did anyone see you come here?" he inquired.

Nikandros smirked slightly when he thought that he heard something sound in the long distance, but really, it was covering up for what he was fearing. He didn't like it out here, but he was not about to let that weakness show. The Gryffindor heard why the boy was out here, and that was a poor excuse to him. A centaur? What was so special about those beasts? It was like a human mated with a horse and tada there is a centaur. Filthy beasts. "A centaur? Really," scoffed Nika with a laugh. He made a grumpy looking face before shook his head. "Simple minded beasts. Nothing too special about them. Though I heard that they shoot and kill students on sight that wonder into the forest late at night." The more he was speaking, the more he was able to tell that he was actually scared to some degree. However Nikandros was good at hiding it. And he was a good liar to boot. Nikandros leaned back against a tree and he waved his wand about, almost carelessly. He was rather laid back, but he then smirked even more, "I heard that there is this professor that offers up Gryffindor students to the centaurs and acromantulas to snack on. I think he's the deputy Headmaster. So one day you might become a dead body that you aren't so fond of."

His amber eyes seemingly gleamed like fire in the darkness, as he stared at the student. He then heard the questions asked, if someone saw him. He looked at one of his hands, and he shrugged, "I wasn't quiet about sneaking out, if that's what you mean. Why? Scared of getting some points knocked off? A detention with the big, bad Head of House?" Nikandros laughed once more, before he shrugged. He actually didn't know if anyone else saw him. He actually didn't care if he was caught or not. If he was caught, he would be happy to bring someone down with him. It was good then. Then he would have gotten someone before they got him when he turned his back on them. He didn't even know the boy's name, but he just looked like someone that he would make enemies with. Good. He didn't want friends. He wanted someone to really stand up to him, because that was sometimes fun too. Nika was as witty as they come, and loved to make others seem like they were simply muggles.
OOCOut of Character:
Sooo sorry. I managed something, but I'm just horribly slow. Blame college.

Kyle watched into the forest, trying to figure out the dark shapes of the wood barks and bushes that were made. He was just gazing into the darkness as he wanted eyes to adjust. This part of the forest was more darker and he wanted to be able to see properly in case he was to spot a centaur. Kyle shrugged his shoulders as the boy scoffed on hearing the reason for Kyle's presence in the forest at this hour. He did not care what the boy thought about centaurs. Kyle had never seen one and he thought the idea was fascinating especially as they were able to talk and were known to be brilliant at reading the skies. "I'm sure if a centaur was going to kill one of us, they'd pick you first since you are the one speaking bad things about them" he told the boy in a cool voice that did not show any fear. If the boy thought that Kyle was going to freak out by hearing such lies and he was wrong. "No Professor would do that unless if he's a death eater, in which case he wouldn't be employed here" he added eyeing the boy back thinking what he thought of himself. "And what do you mean by Gryffindor students, aren't you one of us, Nikandros, am I right?"he asked feeling a little irritated. He could remember the boy being in all of his classes and his dorm too. It seemed to him that this boy was totally not happy to be in Gryffindor or something. Seriously someone need to tell this boy that he was not in charge. Why was he going around asking questions and trying to scare him. Wasn't he too out of bed after curfew in a place which was forbidden?

Kyle continued to look in the forest, his eyes finally having adjusted he could see much more better and far. He watched a few spiders crawl up a near by tree that was covered with ivy. He tried to listen for sounds of animals or insects but the boy spoke again and Kyle was distracted. "Professor Kingsley is no where near 'bad'. And show some respect will you?" he told the boy with a frown. He was really getting on Kyle's nerves but Kyle knew better than to argue at this hour when they were at risk of getting caught if they shouted or fought. "And I'm not scared of getting detentions or losing points. I earn points so losing a few wont matter much" he said keeping his cool as he once again looked away from the boy and into the forest. He could see something shining a little in the distance, or was it just the moon's reflection on some dew drops? "What are you doing here anyway?" he asked the boy as continued watching the shining object to see if it would move.
OOCOut of Character:
No problem :) I decided to open the topic to centaurs in case any of them would join us :cool: It would be fun :D

The fact that the boy was even brave enough to come in here impressed him, but when the boy did not show any sort of fear to his words, but he was also somewhat standing up to him. Nikandros did not appreciate that a bit. He was a Matthias (like that name meant something because it actually did not), and he knew that he was going to teach the kid to respect people like him. He didn't know how he would do it, but he would manage. Nikandros managed to hide the fear he had of the simple minded beasts and he shrugged, "That is if they even understand English. Never thought about that, did you." He knew that they wouldn't understand Russian, and he would love to talk to them in that language and have them think that they understand what he is saying. He hated those things, and he hoped they did not come out at all. He was going to get something stirring within this Gryffindor kid, whether it was the last thing he did. Nikandros was determined as ever. The fact that this boy seemed to be naive was hilarious too. Just because a professor is hired here doesn't mean that he can't be a Death Eater or a murderer. Means they could be clever. "Are you serious? A professor can be clever and hide who they are. Besides, not all killers are Death Eaters." People that thought that all evil people were Death Eaters or Scitorari really needed to get out of the mindset from back when the second war was in place.

Nikandros almost wanted to spit at the guy's feet for bringing up the fact that he was one of those Gryffindor students. He shrugged and smirked, "Maybe. But isn't it about time we get a trouble-making, awful Gryffindor? I keep hearing about the lame heroes or wanna-be heroes." Nikandros cracked his neck by shifting his head to the side. He shrugged once more at the thought of showing Professor Kingsley more respect. "Whoever said I wasn't? 'Bad' in that context didn't mean terrible. I mean she can give out some harsh punishment, I've heard. Castle arrest or something like that." Nikandros was really wanting to get caught now. This boy might say that he was not scared of getting detentions or losing points. Nikandros made sure he still had his wand out, because he already had a spell in mind that would gather the attention of a professor looming by. It would be great fun anyway. He was saying that now, perhaps pretending to be brave in the eyes of Nikandros, but he doubted it otherwise. Nikandros shrugged his shoulders, "What am I doing out here? Trying to find me some entertainment but it doesn't seem like you are stupid. So, that kind of blows my plans out of the water..." Nikandros was oblivious to what the other boy was staring at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back