half of my heart *

Alexis Richarde

emmban.jpg

I WAS BORN IN THE ARMS OF IMAGINARY FRIENDS</COLOR><i></i>
FREE TO ROAM, MADE A HOME OUT OF EVERYWHERE<i></i>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
STATUS: finished <COLOR color="indianred">WORD COUNT: 356 words TAG: izaak WEARING: hurr CREDITS:
banner credit to mai ^_^ at caution 2.0 and lyrics credit to john mayer and taylor swift's
half of my heart
NOTES: i hope you like THIS TEMPLATE is by A CUPCAKE LOVER !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
alexis wiggled her toes, letting the warm grains of sand float off of her feet as she propped
herself up on her arms. the sun was absolutely beautiful today and she never wanted to do
anything else but she knew once she left the beach she had to clean the house because sh
e had left it in a bit of a disaray out of sheer laziness. times like those were when she wishe
d that she did not abandon magic excluding her potion and monthly changes. but of course
it was not as bad as it seemed, she was just so relaxed with one of her many favorite books
as she waited for izaak to go on break. soon enough she would have to start working, perha
ps for the daily prophet but she would need a job to help pay with the many things that her
little baby would demand.

in five more months alexis feared that her child would need things that she didn't know ho
w to give, she feared that she would be a bad mother among many other fears but right no
w on the beach with a book in one hand and the gentle breeze dancing through her shiny
golden-red strands of hair, she feared nothing and thought of nothing but the story she was
emersed in. 'never say such words to me, and let us be good friends.' these were her word
s, but her eyes said something different.
alexis' own eyes looked up momentarily from the
line she was reading to hear a very familiar person come towards her. "hi sweetie," alexis
said, only putting down the book and sitting up straight, letting izaak come greet her with a
hug for it took a little time for her to ever so carefully stand up, no matter how small her sto
mach was, alexis was not risking anything with her baby, it could very well be the only one
that she and izaak could have because of her condition. "how is work?" she asked sleepil
y as she made room for her love on the towel she had laid down on the ground for them.

outtakes_7.png

angel.png
The sun was balmy against Izaak Finch’s back as he took the stairs down from the tower
at a lightening pace, the warmth washing the whole of his body with pleasant tingles that
that the artificial light and stuffy heat inside couldn’t ever create. Thank god his shift was
spent down on the shoreline for the majority of the time, even an ‘office’ situated on the
beach could not captivate his interest. He needed to be outdoors and active for the love
of an occupation to ever arise in the lifeguard. And sadly in Sydney this kind of work was
a rare breed. Hell the entire city was built up with skyscrapers and men in business suits
Those poor bastards, the young man snickered to himself as he felt the warm grains of
sand settle between his toes. Izaak was so just damn lucky to be exactly where he was.

The line of his striking blue gaze swept out beyond the beachgoers that had gathered to
get a taste of summer’s first kick. His fiancée was like a needle in a haystack, but Izaak
wouldn’t take long to find her, he never did. The man’s travelling eyes caught a whip of
strawberry blonde in the area they generally chose lay in and in an instant could feel the
corners of his mouth stretch in one big old grin. The days she shared his break with him
were the days Izaak looked forward to most, especially now with their unborn child in the
picture. He needn’t have thought twice as his feet picked up a little pace and made a bee
line towards Alexis. The closer he came, the better he could distinguish her baby bump
from beneath the loose material of her dress. For a perfect stranger it might have been a
little more difficult to tell that she was pregnant but for Izaak, she may as well have been
wearing a sign above her head. Each day he grew a little more excited, became a little
more nervous, fell a little more in love. “Hey baby,” he grinned as he was greeted by his
lover but who he was addressing remained somewhat of a mystery. Well muscled arms
dropped to her frame and he bent down to hold her against him for a brief moment, the
smile still fresh on his lips. Though before he had formed so much as a nod to her next
words, a question, Izaak reached back for the collar of his lifeguard jersey and dragged
it up and over his head, the haste slide of the material messed with his hair as he did so.
But then again, when had his hair ever been neat? “Busy, yeah. But y’know, it’s great.”
The blue jersey was then dropped onto the towel, left there so no one would come and
disturb the next hour of peace he’d get to steal in the company of his lover.

It was long before Izaak was down beside her, long lean legs stretched out over the hem
of the towel and into the white sand where his toes curled and buried in deep. “And how
is Baby Finch?”
He asked with a winning smile and a broad-palmed hand braced against
the taut bump of her womb, caressing it softly through the thin material of her dress. The
baby still needed a name or names at that, knowing Alexis didn’t want to know its gender.
<i>
</i>

emmban.jpg

I WAS BORN IN THE ARMS OF IMAGINARY FRIENDS
FREE TO ROAM, MADE A HOME OUT OF EVERYWHERE
STATUS: finished WORD COUNT: 413 words TAG: izaak WEARING: hurr CREDITS:
banner credit to mai ^_^ at caution 2.0 and lyrics credit to john mayer and taylor swift's
half of my heart
NOTES: sorry, i've been busy and sorry about the coding THIS TEMPLATE is by A CUPCAKE LOVER !

"baby finch is great, mummy finch... a little less then great," alexis answered honestly, giving izaak a look that, like so many of their exchanges of glances, expressed all the anxiety she felt. "i'm scared out of my mind izaak," she added for extra precaution. the last thing alexis wanted was to make her blue eyed fiance think that she was unhappy with him. it was something that could never happen but she just wanted to make sure he knew that. putting a hand gently over his own, she looked at her stomach and smiled, she loved their baby and that was why she was afraid. sometimes love wasn't enough. "please tell me you feel the same so i know i'm not crazy," alexis said, looking back to izaak as her fingers linked with his and her hazel eyes, flecked with green and orange hues, met his azure blues.

alexis had never been particularly good at being scared, fear just didn't suit the red headed girl but here she was, curled up in the arms of the man she felt most comfortable with, afraid. perhaps it was the lack of sleep she was getting but she kept imagining something horrible happening to their child and it was eating at her because each time her mind ran in that direction she felt so weak and helpless, almost as if she was the unborn baby. turning on her side, alexis let izaak's hand free and wrapped her arms around him as tightly as she could without feel discomfort due to the bump that would soon enough grow to make it near impossible to do much of anything excluding being a human table.

"i'm going to call my mom later to ask her to come over. i know that amanda and leah are here but amanda is your mom and leah is busy with her new fiance, i just need my mom. is that okay?" alexis asked, hoping that she didn't sound too childish but her mom knew about all of this and most important, she knew how alexis' brain worked. her mother could calm her down when she became her natural neurotic self and this was exactly what the nineteen-year-old needed. her mother wouldn't be staying forever, probably just a few days but alexis would be so appreciate it just the same and she was sure that izaak would appreciate that she was not asking her father to come, he probably would not have anyway.

outtakes_7.png

angel.png

</COLOR>
A late spring breeze was swept up from the surface of the curling waves and grazed past the young
lovers, tingling Izaak’s bare skin as he did so, leaving him more than aware that summer was on its
way. His last summer all to himself and Alexis, because this time next year they’d be perched in the
very same spot amongst the sand slicking sunscreen across their baby’s precious skin, fitting a tiny
pink hat upon her head and the father-to-be would be just as excited for their first summer together
as a family. Gone would be the days of taking his board out at sunrise, only to return when the light
was scarce in the sky. And those sticky nights that he’d come home late, only to coax his fiancée in
to bed with him and through his exhaustion fall straight to sleep by her side. Every single little thing
they did, every aspect of the routine that they took for granted would slide straight from underneath
the couple. Life as they knew it would no longer be. So as her words, although timid, sliced through
him Izaak felt himself grow hot with shame. The only reason that Alexis felt “a little less than great”,
as she had put it, was because of him. Would they regret their decision not to erase their mistake
by the time April came knocking? Izaak didn’t think that it was possible. But still he felt guilty that he
had put Alexis through this so young and it didn’t help that Pierre was hissing reminders in his ear.

Blue eyes brimmed with unease as they dug deep into his fiancée’s gaze, trying to decipher what it
was that had her so uncomfortable. He shouldn’t have been relieved when she confided in him her
fear but to know that he was in the same boat as her, that he had always been in the same boat as
her steamed a little of the pressure from his mind. The reassuring warmth of Alexis’ hand upon his
own as he touched it to her swollen womb pulled a smile on Izaak’s lips; weary yes, exhausted yes,
but comfortably in love all the same. Whatever doubts she fretted over, Alexis needn’t have wasted
her time on. She was a born natural with Jay, with little Jane and with baby Gabriel. But taking into
regard the teenager he had been and the man he had grown into, it was himself that Izaak worried
about. He had always said that he was frightened by commitment, by growing up too quickly. Alexis
knew it too, they had both felt the same in fact. When they had started dating everyone else around
them had been popping out babies left, right and centre. It had always intimidated the pair, puzzled
them beyond measure, wondering why they had all been daft enough to get themselves pregnant
at any rate. But here they were, half way to having their baby. “Alexis,” Izaak murmured, pressing a
kiss to her throat, taking in that vanilla that seemed to belong entirely to her until Izaak felt himself
calmed by the sweetness, as per usual. “Beautiful, taking on eighty foot waves would scare me less.”

The lids of Izaak’s azure eyes flicked closed as he felt his lover adjust her position and curl as close
to his torso as her pregnant form would allow, his lips grazed her temple and his nerves tingled as
he felt her taut stomach press into his side. He wondered with a breath of a smile at the corners of
his lips that if he concentrated hard enough, he’d feel the baby kick out inside but there was nothing
more than the gentle brush of her dress against his skin. "I'm going to call my mom later to ask her
to come over."
Izaak’s gaze re-engaged Alexis’ as she spoke, wondering feverishly if it meant that
Pierre would be joining in too. Strella, despite her subdued persona, he adored, Strella he’d gladly
welcome. But if her father was thrown into the mix too then Izaak could see that his own anxieties
would sky rocket. They’d have to get over themselves one day, he and his father-in-law. Preferably
by the time their baby arrived too. But the young man was paranoid enough as it was already. “Of
course it’s okay.”
Izaak said, knowing that to reassure Alexis and to advise her in what she must be
going through couldn’t possibly be any better done than if it was by her mother. No matter that his
own mother and sister had their own experiences. As a male he felt so useless, so lost for things to
say when things began to ache and mind sets began to close in. It would be a great help for both of
them. “Just your mum, right?” He asked, perhaps a little too quickly with those curious, azure eyes.

“But,” Izaak began, another smiling hinted on his lips as reached up a hand to curl the fingers softly
amongst the lustrous strands of Alexis’ strawberry blonde hair “You’re going to make such a great
mother, trust me.”
And as Izaak leant down to peck her lips briefly with his own, he could think of no
one better. Not any amount of Melodie’s or Kasey’s or Isabella’s could ever match up to the woman
beside him, none any where near as fit to have his children, to swap vows with him at the altar. And
Izaak was so insatiably excited, albeit healthily nervous too, about the life together that lay ahead of
them. “And such an amazing wife.” Their lips were together again and at first Izaak could not get rid
of the grin that had struck him silly. Though as the kiss deepened, as his tongue flicked against the
sweet taste of her own, Izaak found himself being drawn further into the moment until he felt like he
was a teenager once again, content just in dating and not fussed over anything more stressful than
the rain that had seemed to intent on shooting down his fun. But Izaak’s hand fell against their baby
once more and he was reminded that things were not all that carefree, and that he had something
better now. A wolf whistle, low, teasing and shot straight through someone’s teeth roused him from
his fixation on his fiancée and a familiar voice followed not too long afterwards. “Finch, you bloody
stud.”
Snickering quietly to himself and Alexis, Izaak rubbed his nose against hers while his hand
shot out behind him, giving his colleague the finger who then chuckled and continued on his patrol
down to the south end of the beach. Making sure that the lifeguard was busying himself elsewhere,
the twenty-one year old pressed his lips to his love’s stomach and grinned cheekily up at her from
there where his chin was now propped up on. “I think Baby Finch needs a name.” His brows rose in
an arch above his forehead, while he caught his tongue between his teeth, still with that wicked grin
of his. As much as he respected Alexis’ decision, Izaak would love to know the name of their child.
<i>
</i><COLOR color="#000">

Users who are viewing this thread

Back