half-blood pixxxx

I know Gah
I would say make a series about it, like a regular show.
It will capture the whole year :)

I think from what I have heard it is going to be pretty accurate.
Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Harry finds himself more and more drawn to Ginny, but so is Dean Thomas. And Lavender Brown has decided that Ron is the one for her, only she hadn't counted on Romilda Vane's chocolates! And then there's Hermione, simpering[sic] with jealousy but determined not to show her feelings. As romance blossoms, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.

This is the site where they have pictures with descriptions from David Yates and Heyman!!!!

I can't believe they are adding that all in! I am planning on going to go see the new Mummy movie (because I love them) so if they show the trailer in that, which it sounds like they will, I shall be excited.
Go quidditch! Though, helmets...how cheesy...
Oh and my least favourite part about the is all the love sick crud...so bleh...I am not really looking forward to that. And I HATE Fleur Delacour so I am not looking forward to that. The only part I really like is The very beginning and the very end...from the point of going to the cave and on...

I am also extremely excited to hear about Young Tom Riddles life...that should be good.

YAY! YAY! YAY! I can't believe they stuck Romilda and McLaggen!! in there. w00t!

:D

Wow, looks like its gonna be brill :D
They were supposed to have the trailer in the new batman movie and thats coming out soon and i was like YASSS, but now there not and there saying we might even have it as late as August/September :o

It sounds okay i guess,
I haven't seen any advertisment around were I live
So these are the only pictures I seen
But you know the previews will always look good
and than when you see its like wt....???

Chris Columbus was good but honestly I think David Yates has done a better job with taking what Alfonso Cuarón screwed up and bringing Harry Potter back. If that makes any sense...

i like alfonso actually, but david yates screwed my day when i first watched harry potter in the cinema. first we line up on a long line then there's not enough space on the cinema, how pretty is that.

Bellatrix Green said:
Chris Columbus was good but honestly I think David Yates has done a better job with taking what Alfonso Cuarón screwed up and bringing Harry Potter back. If that makes any sense...
I agree with you, I thought Alfonso was the worst of all the directors, which really sucked because he messed up my favorite book of the series.

OOTP was not my favorite book, it was okay but overall I would have to say it was my least favorite, but when I sw it in theatres I actually enjoyed it, despite the little things being cut outs sooo.... I'll give David Yates a chance, it also looks likes Quidditch will play a bigger role in this movie than the others XD

Alfonso didn't do that bad of a job, why would you say he screwd up the movie?

I think what Bellatrix meant was aside from the title the movie was really not alot like the book or the prequels that went before it.

*The Fat Lady's Portrait Moves from the Hallway-Stairwell back to the Hallway and then back to the stairwell.

*The Womping Will along with Hagrid's Hut were moved from where they were originally placed. (I like where they ended up better however just was really weird seeing them moved)

*cut out important facts (like the story of the four friends and the origins of the Mauraders Map, in fact never mentioned who the people on the map were yet Peter Pettigrew is still referred as Wormtail)

*added in a scene with little importance: where a tiny bird get's wiped away by the treeand the animal treats, annoying considering what he left out.

*Quidditch was all but left out, Firebolt made a tiny appearance at the end of the movie (I was really looking forward to that)

*Characters were kinda left out, (I enjoyed the fourth movie even more because characters like Seamus Finnegan and other Secondary's were giving more speaking time. In the third one it just seemed like they were there because they had to be) (I think at one point Alfonso wanted to cut out Malfoy because he didn't see him as that essential)

*He wanted to combine both Goblet with POA, a horrible idea which I'm very glad got denied.

I know, I know

oh my god, like I understand that they can't put everything in the movie
But man little details and big one count.
Fotr those who dont read the books were so lost,
My poor mother was one of them, but she still rocks just because she loves the movie. Like I said before series would have been better.

Yeah my Dad asked a very good question.

"They kept saying Azkaban was a prison nobody had ever escaped from right?

So, How did the bad guy break out?"

My dad was referring to Sirius so I explained it, minded you he asked again in Goblet with Barty Crouch but other than that he had alot more questions about things in the third movie than the fourth, I think alot of people (even myself) were left a bit confused with the third movie, which was the only one I left theatres dissapointed at.

It's the reason people should just read the books.

Sure, I enjoy the movies, but compared to the books, they're nothing.

Although I am excited to see this one. Considering I can't find my copy of the book and I forgot what actually happens. Even though the movie won't really enlighten me.

I'm still so annoyed that they left the whole Neville thing out of OOTP. They mention his parents briefly, and yet his past was central to the plot. Gah. *shakefist*.

Violet Bellamy said:
It's the reason people should just read the books.

Sure, I enjoy the movies, but compared to the books, they're nothing.

Although I am excited to see this one. Considering I can't find my copy of the book and I forgot what actually happens. Even though the movie won't really enlighten me.

I'm still so annoyed that they left the whole Neville thing out of OOTP. They mention his parents briefly, and yet his past was central to the plot. Gah. *shakefist*.

I think they did that on purpose,

JK was constantly being bombarded with people asking what Neville's importance was in the role of the prophecy, to witch she would say "nothing really, he simply represented the other boy that could have been". Some People didn't like the answer.

So I think they left it out so that audience wouldn't be the same and feel disapointed that Neville wasn't the real Harry Potter! though I think they could've added more in the movie I was overall impressed with it.

(I think the Fred and George Wesley part shoud've had more Fireworks, just thought it would be alot)[/color]

(Violet here. Can't be bothered switching accounts again.)

It's impressive, sure, but seriously, the books are about a million times better.
The best part about the series is how it's encouraged kids to read again. I have hope for humanity, when children love to read books. I wasn't alone as a bookworm growing up for this very reason.

They're so going to play up the Draco Malfoy thing, though, because girls think he's hot. Then again, lots of people like Neville...

Anyway, I know you can't get the full story in the movies because of time constraints, but seriously, the stories are really great, and that's why the books are worth it. Way better than the movies.

Angus Greenwood said:

It's impressive, sure, but seriously, the books are about a million times better.
The best part about the series is how it's encouraged kids to read again. I have hope for humanity, when children love to read books. I wasn't alone as a bookworm growing up for this very reason.

They're so going to play up the Draco Malfoy thing, though, because girls think he's hot. Then again, lots of people like Neville...

Anyway, I know you can't get the full story in the movies because of time constraints, but seriously, the stories are really great, and that's why the books are worth it. Way better than the movies.
Of course the books are great!

I waited five hours for my copy of DH and read it in three days, loved the books more than the movies, I have them all on my shelf right now a few are quite old lol but I love rereading them along with my other books!

The books great but some people wouldn't bother with them.
I told me madre to read but she really not a reader.
Some people just get intimidated on just how much you have to read.
Lol they call mines Madeline's bible lol.
There only one other person that reads the book in my family and that my sister in law. But this crazy girl(lol) refuses to finish the last book, she will not read it becuase she does not want to end. BTW if she were a student here I said she be in Ravenclaw, I think I will ad her to my bio :p

Brian Getathorn XIX said:
Angus Greenwood said:

I waited five hours for my copy of DH and read it in three days, loved the books more than the movies, I have them all on my shelf right now a few are quite old lol but I love rereading them along with my other books!
lol I know, I was annoyed that I had to play hockey the morning DH was released. But I went to a bookstore on the way home, sat down to read it and didn't resurface until the evening, when I'd finished it.

Movies just don't have that same appeal, you know?

No I couldn't read it one day.
I had my lil one around, so I couldn't, I finish in three days at least.
And its the only title I own, the others ones I would get from a library or my sister in law. But now I can buy it 4 dollars at a bargin store :D

Brian Getathorn XIX said:
Angus Greenwood said:

Yes i lined up outside Asda from half 10 till midnight, when it was being released, and read it in 3 days :lol: Im usually a faster reader but i wanted to take my time, i hate reading too fast then forgetting parts :lol:

I speed-read. I've read DH about 10 times now, though. I wanted to get it read ASAP so I could discuss it with my friends at school. I hang out with the book nerds. One girl said she finished it in 2 hours. I didn't believe her.

If I were a student at Hogwarts, I'd be in Ravenclaw. But I'd probably be the worst in Ravenclaw. =P.

Lol :lol: Yeh i think ive read it about tht much too, maybe more :lol:
Ive read all of them so many times, and i watch a movie every night :lol:

Id like to think id be in Gryffindor, but im not sure, i think i fit in there with my personaliy more than hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, but im not sure :)

I haven't seen a HP movie since GOF was on a while ago. I watched it, mostly for David Tennant. *giggles*.

I seriously can not find my copy of HBP anywhere!

If I would be in rl student probably be in hufflepuff or ravenclaw,
but than again I have a mean nasty attitudes and I can make somebody feel so low of them self, so that would be Slytherin.

I know I dont show it but that when I'm really mad at someone lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back