Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
It was cool in the dungeons and Elliot enjoyed the drop in temperature from the rest of the castle, even if the kitchens were significantly warmer as he entered them. Stretching his legs was nice, despite the lingering feeling of responsibility Elliot always felt to be on the look out when he walked around the school. He'd mostly gotten used to prefect duties by now at least, though he was grateful he'd yet to encounter any serious issues beyond what had happened at the start of year feast.

He'd been looking for Lily, hoping to check and see if she'd needed any help on one of their assignments, but had yet to managed to spot her. She hadn't been around the common room, so Elliot figured the kitchen was as good a spot as any. A quick scan of the room and a brief wave hello to the elf houses revealed that she wasn't down here and Elliot sighed. He wasn't alone though, surprised to see Mordred down here as well, though he supposed it was a short walk for him. "Hey, Modred.. Have you seen Lily about?"

Mordred only ever found himself in the Kitchens when Sapphire was there. However, he needed to do something to take his mind off of things, so he decided to learn how to navigate a Kitchen. While Mordred loathed house elves, he pushed his disgust aside for the benefit of his future. Mordred was having trouble frosting a cake with vanilla buttercream, and he dropped the spatula, surprised to hear his name. "Damn it, Elliot!" he picked up the spatula and turned to the Hufflepuff. "Look at what you did!" he said and pointed to the cake, but he knew Elliot could not possibly be the reason the frosting was melting off his small cake. Mo huffed and threw the utensil on the ground and grabbing a butter knife. "Help me fix this!" he ordered, but his voice cracked.

Elliot hadn't meant to startle Modred, hiding a sheepish smile behind his hand as he looked at the cake. "Oh, uh, sorry?" He offered, somewhat baffled but still sympathetic."I'm sure it tastes great still," He said hesitantly picking up another knife after quietly levitating the spatula Mordred had thrown over into the sink with an apologetic smile to the house elves. There was a beat where Elliot just stood there, knife in hand before giving Modred a lost looks. "Sorry I- How am I helping?" He asked sheepishly. Even with his mother being a cook herself, Elliot had never had much of a flare for baking, and while he was on board to help Mordred as an apology for startling him at the very least, he really wasn't sure if he'd be much of an asset in the long run.

Mordred began to focus on trying to get the melting frosting to, well, not melt, and he wanted to avoid setting the cake on fire out of anger. "Forget it, Elliot," he spat as he kept running the knife around the cake to spread the frosting. He was too focused to realize he was being rude. Mordred had already been stressed when he got here, and this stupid cake was not helping him calm down.

"Right,"Elliot said despondently, fidgeting with the butterknife he'd grabbed and trying not to flinch as Mordred told him to forget it. He seemed pretty upset, and Elliot wondered if it was really just about the cake, which Elliot did feel bad about. "Is uh- Is everything okay?" He asked quietly. "I mean, I can go if you want to be alone," He offered, setting the butterknife aside with a quiet apology when a house elf quickly whisked it away like to be washed.

Mordred was not angry with Elliot, and he was not as angry at the cake as he insisted. Mo didn't realize he was in such a bad mood. Failing at something could bring up other undesirable emotions. The Slytherin turned around and pointed the knife lazily in Elliot's direction. "If you tell anyone this, no one will find your body, Briar," His voice lowered and his eyes stayed focus on the cake in front of him. Then, the words flowed like water from his mouth, "I'm gay."

Mordred turned away from the cake, and Elliot eyed the knife in his hands, though he figured he was in more danger of getting icing flicked on him than anything else. It was pretty clear that Mordred was upset about something, likely more than just icing, so Elliot nodded mutely, holding his hands up as a sign of agreement and surrender. He wasn't sure what he was expecting Mordred to tell him, but him admitting he was gay wasn't what Elliot would have guessed. Being queer had never been a big deal to Elliot personally, he just liked who he liked, but he knew there were still people even in this day and age who had issues with it. He hoped Mordred didn't come from a family like that for his own sake. "Oh, uh. Congrats?" Elliot offered tentatively, unsure what to say. "Thanks for telling me," He settled on, guessing from Mordred's behavior he wasn't exactly open about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back