Guidance

Kairyx Barron

Wand
Madrona Wand 13 1/2 Essence of Fairy Dust
Kairyx knew it was useless to try and lose him. Draegan was good at what he did. Far better than Kairyx could ever fathom he was either. Hunting her down was almost like a game to him it seemed. No matter what she did, he was still there. It was actually comforting in a sense. No matter how alone she felt, it was comforting to know that there was someone always there. Even if Kairyx hated him and his sick little games that he played. "I don't see him yet, either. But I know better than to think that means he isn't around. He's always around." For the past couple of years that has been all he's done. Follow her around. Every once and so often he seemed to disappear. But Kairyx figured that was because he went to go see his daughter or something. It wasn't long before he returned to find her, though. Kairyx had a hard time losing him for too long. It took him less than a day to track her down again on a usual basis. There had been times where she's lost him for longer, but never too long. There was no way for her to escape it seemed. Kairyx rounded the corner and peered closely at the street. Right now she was wandering around Italy. Looking for a place to go. It had been three years since Kairyx had run away from home and she still hadn't found the place where she belonged. 'I blame Draegan for that. He scares people away." Draegan rarely actually did more than follow her, but it seemed like people either disappeared or decided to avoid her after a little bit of time around her. Kairyx had little proof that was actually Draegan doing it, but it seemed very likely. Why else would people avoid Kairyx like they did? She was... likable. Or at least she thought she was. Kairyx paused in her walking when she spotted an old church in the midst of town. Kairyx didn't know why she felt drawn to it, but for some reason she felt like it was the place she needed to be right now.

Kairyx figured Draegan wouldn't follow her inside as well. Or maybe he would. But Kairyx knew that inside she would at least have someplace to sit and perhaps even someone to talk to. Would they listen to her story? The inside of the church was quiet as could be. Kairyx could easily hear her own footsteps echo throughout the building. Kairyx walked until she found herself face to face with one of those confessional things. Now Kairyx had never been a religious person. But she had heard about things like this before. Maybe, just maybe, someone would listen to her. Offer her advice. Kairyx really had no idea what they were used for otherwise. That was probably her stupidity on the topic of religion too. Kairyx entered the wooden-type booth thing and sat in the chair. Beside her there was a lattice type thing separated her and the other booth. When the wooden door that separated the two opened up, Kairyx figured someone was willing to listen. "Look, I'm not really religious or anything....but I really need someone to talk to. So if you'll listen..." Nothing was said. So Kairyx felt like it was fine for her to keep going. It felt nice to have someone to talk to. Even if that was what they were supposed to be doing. "I ran away from home a couple of years ago. I left to try and find some place where I actually belong. But I've traveled around the world and I still have yet to find anyplace to belong. I refuse to go back home though, my father always mistreated me. So...where do I go from here?" Kairyx questioned as she rested her head against the lattice wall that separated her from the the person listening in. She wasn't sure if whoever was listening actually had any advice or not, but it would kind of nice to even just know that someone was listening. Kairyx awaited silently to see if anything would be done or said. Would some advice actually be given here or was this a lost cause as well.

There were times when people told Draegan that he was good at what he did. He was good at what he was told he needed to do as favors in exchange for goods or information. Draegan did many things, but it was not like he told anyone what he did. Draegan currently finished tying a priest up in a church nearby where Kairyx was headed. Why she was coming here, he didn't know. The struggling priest tried to get away from the ropes from the chair that bound him down. Draegan stuffed his mouth with a bandanna to keep him quiet. He put a finger to his lips and he murmured, "Shhh, you are in no danger. I just need to know what being a regular priest is like. I'll do one confession for you, and you will go free." Draegan wasn't going to hurt him right now, but he would debate on it if he kept up the bad behavior. Draegan could only take so much from certain people for so long. He covered his usual dark dressing with a maroon robe, with the necessary items to wear that makes him look like a proper priest. He opened his hands and arms and he asked with a cruel voice, "So, your honor or whatever, how do I look? Oh wait, you don't know English that well, so don't try to mumble. I'll be off now, to do your job for just a few minutes." Draegan smirked a bit, and he walked out into the building of the church, hiding in the shadows for a moment, before he ducked into the booth where the priest sat in order to perform the confession. Draegan took his seat and he made sure not to click his weapons on his hands. He did not want to alert the regulars. He wondered if Kairyx would step into the confession booth. At least she didn't have to worry about her father anymore. Stupid man was foolish enough to get his life ended a bit early. Draegan's black lips curled into a smirk as he thought of it. Oh how he wished he could see it in front of him right now, it was glorious and almost worthy of a picture.

A familiar voice echoed throughout the booth as he could hear Kairx speaking. She was not a religious person. He knew that because of how long he had followed her. So he was not really paying much attention to that. She needed someone to talk to? How interesting. He took one of his fingers and rubbed under his bottom lip as he thought about what she was saying. He would listen, but he said nothing. His voice would betray him. So alas, he sat there and he waited for her to begin. Kairyx started with her story about how she ran away from home a few years ago. She traveled around the world and still didn't find a place to belong in. She had a father that mistreated her. She was wanting to know where she went from there. He cleared his throat so that he could disguise his voice. He started to speak, "Sweetheart, you don't have to worry about your father anymore. You are out of the house, he won't be around to bother you. As far as where you go, I know just where you need to go." Draegan peeled off the robes that the priest wore, since it was worse than just having regular robes on. His trench coat was long, and it brushed his boots as he stood up and opened the door, exiting the confession booth. He opened the door to the other one, and he looked down at Kairyx with his dark, sinister eyes. He smirked even more. The fact that she was here and in front of him was a very good thing. He placed both of his hands on the sides of doorway. "If you come with me, I'll ensure that you do belong somewhere. Or at the very least, show you were you belong." She was a mold worth sculpting into something incredible. She could be a good dark witch if only he could make her open her mind just a little more. He convinced her to once have an intimate night with her, there should be a way to make her feel like that once more, to give in.

Kairyx quickly began to realize that something was a little bit off about the preacher. For one, he called her sweetheart. Kairyx may not have been religious, but she didn't think a preacher would ever call a young woman that. However, Kairyx never would have guessed who was really inside that other booth. "My father is wealthy and powerful. If he wanted to find me, he could find ways. W-wait...how would you know exactly where I needed to go?" This preacher was really weird. Kairyx was starting to figured that she should have avoided talking to him. Suddenly the sound of rustling greeted her ears and Kairyx raised an eyebrow. Was he getting undressed? What the hell? Kairyx heard even more movement and suddenly the booth to her confessional was open. Kairyx's summer green eyes fell onto a figure she knew all too well. It was Draegan. Kairyx's stalker for the past couple of years. Now since the first time Kairyx had met him, she had gained a lot more confidence in getting out of bad situations, plus she had become a lot more feisty. So if he thought he could come over here and bully her, he had another thing coming. Kairyx wouldn't allow it. At least, not without some kind of fight. Was he really the one pretending to be the priest, or preacher, or whatever the man was supposed to be called! "Were you seriously pretending to be the priest? What's the matter with you?!" Kairyx hissed as she stood up. It was one thing that her followed her all the time, but the fact that he was pretending to be someone just to spy on her or whatever, that was overstepping his bounds. It was also a bit creepy that he had followed her all the way to Italy. He must really like bother her or something. But that was some real dedication right there. Kairyx wondered what he wanted from her now to be exact. She knew he had been following her, but he hadn't really approached her yet.

"Come with you where? I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think I really belong anywhere...with you." Kairyx commented, trying to ensure him that her coming with him wouldn't be the best idea. Especially after what happened the last time. She ending up stealing his bed. Not to mention she did others things with him. Which at the time felt really nice, now it just kind of weirded her out. Kairyx stood up from her chair and kept her gaze focused on Draegan. There was no way she was going to let him do this to her again. She was not some poor little animal that he could trap all the time. "Draegan, please don't try to keep me in here. Trapping me is definitely not going to make me want to come with you, and we all know that kidnapping is not your forte." Kairyx tried to reason with him as she approached him. She was mere inches away, hoping he would move so she could at least get out. Kairyx was kind of claustrophobic. Not to a large degree, but it bothered her being in closed spaces. He probably didn't know that though. Or maybe he did. Kairyx wasn't sure what he had picked up while following her for all those years. He must have realized that she had learned to handle herself better. The clumsiness wasn't gone, but she managed to do a better job keeping herself balanced than she used to. "Come on, stop being a butthead and move." Kairyx tried to shove past him. He was being a real pain in the butt. He probably knew it too. But did he really have to wait until they were in a church to approach her? Couldn't he have just waited until she was stuck in some dark alleyway or something? Of course not. This was Draegan she was talking about.

Draegan merely smirked when she hissed at him. Boy, she had gotten feistier when it came to him, and now he was finding her a lot more fun. This was why he was doing this, more or less for fun, and then there was something within her that could be twisted. She would make a fabulous dark witch if she just had the guidance. Then she would be spectacular. However she did not seem to realize this yet. However he merely shrugged and he retorted in a soft, cold tone, [color=#33]"Technically, I am not pretending to be a priest. I am a priest, just not a light one like the one here." He was a dark priest, where made darker things happen, basically the same as a priest but he performed rituals that others could consider dark, and also weddings of the darker beings. It was a good occupation and paid well, when he bothered to work that was. He often just used what his family had, the Lutrovs that had saved from years and years of killing and stealing from others. Draegan had a supply of what he needed, and only got what he needed which was to live on. However he would not reveal how he managed to live, not to others that he did not trust. "You are really asking what the matter with me? I have been following you for years now, and you never questioned then. In fact, you might even be comforted by my watch," spoke Draegan in a purr. He was almost seemed to be taunting her, as he continued to stand in the doorway. Half of him thought that he should close the door but the thought of him being in this enclosed area that was a bit small, even for him. Even he was uncomfortable with being here for right now. However he would overcome that. He could have approached her several times over the course of a couple of years, but he had not. He did not push things too far which was a good thing. Moving things too fast would prove to be disastrous to his plan.

The dark priest's lips curled into a smirk when she said that she did not think that she belonged anywhere with him. He could respect that if he believed her words to be true. He was looking toward the future, while she was looking for the present. Presently, she did not. She was too light to be with his dark. So it would have to wait. He retorted, "You do not see what I see then. I see you becoming a more powerful witch if you just open up to it, to the power it can bring. Then no one, not even I, would bring fear to you." That alone should bring her some sort of interest. Even if she did not want to see it. He would have to show her, one way or another. However his light, eerie eyes narrowed even more when she said that trapping her was not the way, and kidnapping was not in his deal of skills. No, but he knew someone who could do that for him, and he could easily get him to come over and get it done. However that was not the proper way to do it. He strongly believed in free will. Free will was what he needed to mess with when it comes to Kairyx, to somehow bend it to match his free will wishes. The moment when she tried to get him to move, Draegan used one of his hands to shove Kairyx back and the other hand to close the door behind him. He managed to say, his expression a bit harsher than before, "Actually, no. I will not kidnap you, since that is against my morals. However I do want you to actually sit down, and listen to what I have to say. You will not be leaving until you have heard me speak." He did not know if the shove would hurt her or not since he did that with speed as well as force.[/color]​

Kairyx had forgotten that Draegan was a priest. It never occurred to her that not all priests were good until she had met him, so from time to time it slipped her mind that he was indeed a priest. "It doesn’t matter! I didn’t come here to talk to you! I came here to talk to someone who was going to give me some help!" Kairyx replied, her eyes darkening ever so slightly as she told him this. Kairyx was irritated that he seemed to keep finding her just to make her life more difficult. It was easy to see that he was taunting her over this. He was having a real good time doing all of this. Kairyx had no choice but to put up with it either, as he always seemed to be at least one or two steps ahead of her. "Why would I be comforted in having you follow me around?" Kairyx did feel comforted by having someone constantly watch over her, but she didn’t want him to have the pleasure of knowing he was right. He would just rub it in and make it worse for Kairyx. She wasn’t fully sure why she felt comfort in knowing that Draegan was around. Perhaps it was because she knew that if something were ever to happen to her, that he would be there to take care of her or help her out. Well he might. There was a chance that he could just let her die or something. But it was comforting to pretend that he would save her if she needed him to. Kairyx guessed that he wouldn’t understand why she came up with that fantasy. It was a silly little fantasy she had. Not that she had feelings for him though; she just wanted someone to be there for her when she needed them to be.

"Maybe I don’t want to be a powerful witch!" Kairyx would actually love it if she had plenty of power at her disposal. What she didn’t want was for Draegan to force it out of her when she wasn’t ready to see it out herself. Kairyx could also admit that she was sacred to see how he planned to unlock this inner evil she apparently had. Couldn’t he just let her remain being the innocent Kairyx that she always has been? Kairyx just wanted to get out of Italy now. Draegan had ruined the magic of his beautiful country for her. Never again would she want to step inside of a church either. Kairyx could practically taste freedom as she tried to move Draegan out of the way and get out of the confession booth. But she barely had a second to make him move before he did something quite unexpected. Draegan used one of his hands to shove Kairyx back and the other hand to close the door behind him. Kairyx wasn’t hurt by his actions, but more or less shocked that he was so aggressive. His tone was harsh and crisp when he spoke to her. He wasn’t messing around. Kairyx knew that if she didn’t do what was asked of her, she could potentially get really hurt over this. So instead of fighting him over it, Kairyx sat down and stared at him with wide eyes. "Fine. Say what you need to say." For the time being, Kairyx would admit that she was defeated for now and just listen to what he had to say. It wasn’t like it was going to matter if she wanted to leave or not. Maybe if he said what he needed to say, he would leave her alone and go back to wherever it was he was from.

Draegan could easily run his own dark, sinister church teaching the ways he believed but he just never had it in him to deal with so many people. He hated people and that was just the way he was. He merely smirked when she said that she came here to talk to someone that could be of help. "Help, you will not find it in a place like this. There was nothing a regular priest could have done and you know this deep within your heart." A priest could only talk, and that was it. Draegan on the other hand could have done so much, and that was the kind of help that she desperately needed. She needed her father out of the picture so she no longer lived in such terror from him, and he had removed him from the picture. Could she not see what he had done for her? He freed her of such parental control. Draegan merely smirked and he uttered, "You tell me. You always appear comfortable, relaxed even while knowing I am watching over you." Draegan knew that somehow, she felt like she had this guardian angel watching over her, and he was one of those that would do anything for the one that they were watching over. She was innocent, not knowing of the world, and he could not help but want to obliterate it without actually killing her. He did not want to have to resort to that. Draegan did not even fully understand why he did what he did, but he was just one of those that followed with his gut instinct. And he followed it until the end of days, which may end in his imprisonment one day in the future, but it was not anytime soon. He was far too clever. A force that was like the shadows, dark and empty.

The dark priest snorted when she said that she did not want to be a powerful witch. Who was she kidding? Everyone wanted to be powerful even if they did not want to admit it. He did not say anything to that because his reaction of disbelief was enough really. That was all, his reaction was enough. Perhaps the shove he had given her made her realize that he was here for business. As soon as she said that he needed to say what he needed to say. That was when he realized, words just would not do it. To let her leave would be a decision that he could take and he could continue to watch over her. She would need to learn by experience, that living the way she did would earn her trouble. She needed to become cruel and ruthless to survive. "Actually, nothing I say will make a difference through that thick skull. When the time comes, you will know what I am talking about. The reason you have been safe from predators is because I have been sending them off. Let’s see how you survive without my guidance. Actions will have to justify everything." Draegan opened the door and stepped out of the cubical. He also stepped to the side to allow her to run. "You will need me one way or another, but instead of forcing it, you will have to choose it." One day, she will get robbed or something. Young women alone that were innocent were doomed to that fate. The moment she realized that she would need him, then everything will become crystal. "I will be seeing you." He knew that the first moment that she received, she would run. Like a frightened cat. He would continue to watch over her from the shadows, but he would no longer scare off those that could be a threat.

Kairyx refused to believe that Draegan had been protecting her. How could he be the one that was keeping her safe when he almost killed her in a fire the last time she willing came around him. Why would she want to put herself in the same position? "I'm pretty sure there's a word for that too." Point blank was that Kairyx barely trusted Draegan, but at the same time a part of her knew she needed him because she was useless by herself. It was hard for her to admit that though, because what Draegan was saying was making her feel like she was worth so little. Whether he intended to or not, that was the message she was getting from all of this. That she needed his help because she was too pathetic to take care of herself. Kairyx noticed he moved out of the way, giving her enough room to run and flee from his presence once more. "I doubt that." Kairyx muttered quietly as she ran past Draegan and out of that church as fast she possibly could, the muscles in her leg aching from all the force she was putting onto them. There was no way he could be right about this, Kairyx could take care of herself without his help. He needed to find someone else's life to ruin.
Kairyx whimpered as she felt her back slam up against the grainy brick wall behind her. Right now, she was regretting ever saying that she could take care of herself. It only took a couple of weeks for Kairyx to find some trouble. All Kairyx had done was try to take a shortcut through some alley so she could get into town easier. But apparently Kairyx had underestimated how many homeless gangs were actually lurking around this part of town. "L-let me go. P-p-ow!" Kairyx whimpered again, this time pain lacing her voice as the man violently gripped her arm. They were trying to rob her of the few possessions she had left. Which mostly only contained some clothes, a little bit of money, and some jewelry. Nothing that should really be worth their attention, but they seemed to think she had something great on her, because while she was being pinned up to the wall, another one of the thugs dun through her bag. "Stop it!" Kairyx hissed before she felt a stinging sensation spread across her cheek. The man holding her had slapped her roughly. The minutes went along slower than ever, and Kairyx received several more injuries thanks to her mouth and struggling. Apparently she should have just stood still and kept quiet. Kairyx wasn't dying or anything, but she had been beaten enough to want to curl up into a ball and die. Why would someone want to mug her? First they attacked her because they wanted her stuff, now they were mad because she didn't have anything and she managed to piss them off by yelling at them. How was this fair at all? "DRAEG-mmmphh!" Kairyx had given in. If Draegan was really always around, maybe he would save her before they killed her or something.

Kairyx felt her head hit the rough exterior of the wall behind her, and then things started to get fuzzy. Her vision began to fade from back to white, and her head throbbed. "Dra....help." The man had let go of Kairyx, and due to the fact that her legs were in so much pain, she couldn't hold herself up and fell back, hitting her own head on the wall. Kairyx was more than happy to close her eyes and let her mind wander off into a state of unconsciousness. Even as her body fell onto the ground and the thugs were able to grab her things without her screaming or fighting, Kairyx no longer cared. Draegan must have actually left her alone, what a pity. Falling unconsciousness, Kairyx prayed that when she awoke, this was all nothing but a dream.

Draegan had kept his promise by backing away. He would no longer keep the grimy hands of predators from Kairyx, and would only help if she called out his name. Even now, he was watching in the shadows as some men were robbing Kairyx of everything she had. Although when the violent man grabbed her arm rough enough to cause pain, he had to keep back as he told himself, ‘Remember, she has to want your help. Do not go to her aid until she realizes that she needs you.’ It was an excellent plan, and he would wait. The men appeared to be homeless, and they would not be missed if he did something with them. Like a panther waiting, he watched and watched as the thugs man handled Kairyx, and it seriously was getting under his skin. He hated doing nothing. Wait, when did he even start to care for her in any given way? Why did her safety matter? Even when he wanted to turn her evil, why did her safety matter? There was something going on, or else he would not have felt some sort of, something over him that wanted to protect her. He did not know what it was. By watching the thugs, he figured that they were not cold blooded murderers. He would be able to see that since it would be like looking into a mirror. He could see it in himself, thus able to see it in others. His blackened lips curled into a smirk when she had screamed out his name, before being silenced by the wall. Slowly, Draegan adjusted the weapons on his fingers, the metal claws that could really come in handy in a fight. He would take his time until she needed it the most. Which was any moment.

The moment that Kairyx lost consciousness, that was the moment that he used to make himself known. Stepping out of the shadows, he clicked his fingers a couple of times, making eerie sounds of metal upon metal. He sprang forward at the men, beating them down so much, they were wishing that he would end their misery by just killing them. He held out his hand and they returned Kairyx’s things before heading off. He had a few splatters of blood upon his white face after dealing with the thugs, but they would live to see another day. He did not want to kill them as much as just teach them a lesson. He knelt down over Kairyx’s form, and set her things by her side. She had everything there, and he took out his wand and started to heal up the bruises that were on her, from what he could guess anyway. After that was done, he put the wand away, and he tilted her head up for when she was gathering consciousness. He smirked and he murmured, “I told you, you would need my assistance.” Draegan backed away from her, wondering if she would thank him, or proceed to yell at him for not coming any sooner.

For a moment, Kairyx really thought that she was dead. Those nasty thugs surely must have killed her after robbing her blind. "I don't feel dead though." Kairyx could feel the breeze brush against her skin, hear the roar of the waves, and even feel the familiar presence of someone watching over her. Draegan must have been right. He must have saved her too because Kairyx wouldn't have survived any other way. The moment she he hear Draegan's voice her, a small frown took over her face as she cracked her eyes open. The blonde almost hated to admit that he was right. Especially since she was trying to prove to everyone that she could handle herself just fine. Draegan must think she was so pathetic and useless, no wonder he followed her around. Kairyx would likely be dead without him being around to guard her. "You have some blood on your face..." Kairyx commented through half-lidded eyes as she stared him. It was the first thing she noticed about him when she was able to see him. Her head kind of her, even though she was sure that she had been healed by Draegan as well, which made sense due to her having her head slammed up against the brick wall several time. "Thank you..." Kairyx felt like he should be thanked, even if she was unhappy that he was right and she was wrong. He did save her life even though he didn't have to. Kairyx wasn't sure why he continued to protect her like he did, but she did know that she wouldn't have made it this far without him so she owed him a lot. The blonde shifted and pulled her body off of the cold concrete below her. To her amazement, Draegan had gotten her stuff back for her.

"For whatever it's worth, I was wrong and you were right." Kairyx knew she also probably needed to admit that Draegan was right. Kairyx did need him more than she thought she did. Hopefully he didn't give her a lot of crap about it, because Kairyx didn't want to have it rubbed in that she was wrong. Kairyx wanted to be seen as an adult so badly. A lot of people just considered her to be a clumsy kid with a lot of lost potential. Did Draegan see her the same way as well? Kairyx wanted to ask Draegan what made him want to protect her after she had been rude to him inside the church, but at the same time she was afraid to find out the answer. What if it was because he wanted to kill her himself and refused to let anyone else have the glory of doing that? Kairyx was able to retrieve her bag and stood there awkwardly. What should happen now? Should Kairyx wait and see what this guy actually had to offer or should she run and let them continue on the ways they were so used to still? Kairyx felt like she wanted to run, but at the same time she wanted to stay and see what Draegan did first, especially since he seemingly wanted to follow her around all the time.

When Kairyx noticed and commented that he had some blood on his face, Draegan reached up with the back of his sleeve and attempted to wipe it away. Most went away, but some smeared a bit more upon his pasty white features. It was almost cute with the way she was behaving right now. Draegan knew that she would have needed his help. With the paths she were taking, they would be dangerous. She needed a guide, someone to teach her how to fight and stand up for herself. He was right in the long run, but at least now he saw her weaknesses, which to him, there were many. She thanked him, and Draegan shrugged, "It was nothing too big. I knew it would happen sooner than later." Draegan was impressive with his skills, one would have thought that he set the whole thing up. He was insanely clever. What surprised him more was that she admitted that she was wrong, and he was right. That was something he knew that he would have issues with saying if he were ever in the same position. Could it be that she was a bigger person than he was? Could it be that she did not bare as much pride as he had? Draegan could see them teaching each other some things, but more so him teaching her. Draegan stood there in silence for a moment, before he stated, "I believe you need some more healing. Allow me to escort you to the place you are staying at to ensure that there aren't any lasting damages. I have so much to teach you, and one day, you won't need me to be that silent guardian anymore." Draegan did not really give her much say in the matter, as he simply placed one of her hands on her shoulder away from him, and led her back to where she would be safest. Then again, anyone with Draegan would be either incredibly safe, or in incredible danger. Whichever one Kairyx was in, it was a solid mysteriy. One would not suspect the latter as much as the first.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back